Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Lee Jong Suk to Filipino fans: "You guys are my pride."

[resize output image]

South Korean superstar Lee Jong Suk held his first-ever fan meet event in Manila last weekend.

The 30-year-old K-pop star staged his Crank Up Fanmeeting Tour on Sunday night, November 18, at the Araneta Coliseum. 

This event—produced by Pulp Live World—is also the last stop of Jong Suk's fan meet tour.

Loud cheers filled the coliseum when Jong Suk stepped out on the stage.

The first part of his Philippine show was a Q&A hosted by comedienne Giselle Sanchez.

Jong Suk told the crowd, "I came here feeling very excited and nervous because it's my first time seeing my Filipino fans.

"And also, the fact that Manila is the last stop for our Crank Up Tour, I feel very excited and I hope that we'll have a good time today."

He later added, "I felt really thankful and surprised when you guys were already shouting my name in the airport.

"I felt so bad, because I wasn't able to greet you guys there.

"So I am happy that we're able to see each other today."

DsSlgAdUUAAHSVS.jpg

In 2013, Jong Suk visited Davao for his film No Breathing.

He said, "I remember when I came here to the Philippines before to shoot for No Breathing...

"And when I was swimming today, I remember the time that we came here to shoot."

Jong Suk talked about the biggest lessons he learned upon reaching this milestone in his life.

He told the audience, "2018, I turned 30 in the Korean age system and because of that, I try to become more mature.

"I have a lot concerns that I thought about and also I met my fans through the fan meetings, I was thinking about what to do with my next projects.

"And because next year, we might have a break with each other."

Jong Suk also looked back on the characters he portrayed in his hit dramas.

In 2014, he played a genius journalist named Dal-po in Pinocchio. In 2016, he played a webtoon character named Kang Chul in the hit romantic drama series W. In 2017, he was cast as a rookie prosecutor named Jae-chan in the hit series While You Were Sleeping.

When asked what his most memorable character is, Jong Suk answered, "I think the most memorable character... well, because, it's the most recent one, it's my character from While You Were Sleeping."

Jong Suk also showed a teaser of his upcoming mini-drama series titled Death Song. The South Korean actor said he wants to promote this kind of drama formats, which is why he agreed to work on it without guaranteed pay.

The K-pop star described his role by saying: "The character that I'm playing is actually a very respectable person, he's mature and a good human being himself.

"So before any love scene, I want to become a person like him first."

Jong Suk felt overwhelmed by the loud cheers he received from his fans that night.

He candidly admitted, "From the opening, I just thought, 'Why did I come to the Philippines just now?'"

Another highlight of the fan meet was the OX Talk segment where Jong Suk talked about relationships.

Jong Suk had to raise the cardboard with a circle on it if he agreed with the statement or a cardboard with a cross if he disagreed with the statement.

The While You Were Sleeping actor admitted that he is a jealous guy.

He later explained, "I don't know but I have a lot of jealousy in me."

Jong Suk said he's quite "active and enthusiastic" when it comes to pursuing someone he likes.

When asked how he does it, he just said, "When I want something, I want to have it."

DsSaovOU8AAIwN_.jpg

The South Korean actor pointed out that he does not have a certain type of woman.

However, he did specify one trait that he likes in a woman: "I want someone who is wise."

Lucky fans had the chance to participate in a game called "Heartbeat Telepathy."

The final six participants had a chance to give Jong Suk a hug before the final question.

One fan even handed Jong Suk a bracelet as her gift for the actor.

The final three winners won a special prize from their idol.

That night, Jong Suk treated his fans to a few performances.

The Pinocchio actor played the piano and performed a medley of the songs "My Soul," and "Does She Know" from the original soundtrack of While You Were Sleeping.

At one point, Jong Suk had to pause and repeat his performance for his fans and said, "It's not easy. I wish I'll do good."

His fans kept cheering him on until he finished his performance.

DsSYxKjU8AAoIkK.jpg

Jong Suk also serenaded his Pinoy fans with his song "Come To Me." He ended the fan meet by performing "Only Then."

Both songs are from While You Were Sleeping's official soundtrack.

Jong Suk said that these songs are his gift for his fans.

Before leaving the stage, he told his Filipino fans, "You guys are my pride and today's memories, I will never forget."

Credit:  https://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/28817/lee-jong-suk-to-filipino-fans-you-guys-are-my-pride#Pk903zecVA5AQdeJ.99

• Like 3

LEE JONGSUK MEETING FANS IN MANILA ; "Why did I just come to the Philippines now?" [20181118]

181118 Lee Jongsuk Crank Up Fanmeeting in Manila - My Soul and Will You Know

CRANK UP IN MANILA 2018 | LEE JONG SUK LIVE

181118 Lee Jongsuk Crank Up Fanmeeting in Manila - Come To Me + Message to Fans

[20181118] LEE JONG SUK SINGS "ONLY THEN," HIS 3RD AND FINAL SONG | CRANK UP FAN MEETING IN MANILA

• Like 3

[SBS Star] Lee Jong Suk Captivates Asia with His Fan Meeting Tour

Lee Jong Suk

Actor Lee Jong Suk finally finished his three-month-long fan meeting tour.

On November 18, Lee Jong Suk visited the Philippines on the last leg of his 'Crank Up' fan meeting tour held at Smart Araneta Coliseum, Manila.

Lee Jong Suk kicked off his 'Crank Up' tour back in August, and hold seven fan meetings in six countries including Korea, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines.

This year, Lee Jong Suk gained explosive popularity in the Philippines thanks to SBS' drama 'While You Were Sleeping'.

More than a thousand fans showed up at the airport on the day of Lee Jong Suk's arrival, and numerous fans who failed to get the ticket showed up at the fan meeting venue early in the morning wishing they could get in.
The fans were over the moon when they heard the news that Lee Jong Suk decided not to cancel his next fan meeting in the Philippines since the incident that happened in Indonesia earlier this month worried many of his fans.

At the beginning of his fan meeting, Lee Jong Suk made his fans go wild by saying, "From the beginning, I've been wondering why did it took so long for me come to the Philippines?"

He added, "I'm so glad that this is my last fan meeting. I think I can go back home with a bunch of good memories."
During the fan meeting, Lee Jong Suk talked about his favorite scenes and the lines from his previous work and went over the dramas that he did in his 20s.

All of his fans were deeply moved when Lee Jong Suk sincerely expressed his gratitude after receiving a little bracelet from a young fan who cried before him.

Also, starting from singing to playing the piano, Lee Jong Suk showed off numerous charms that he did not have a chance to show it on screen and TV.
Later on, Lee Jong Suk shared the details of his next projects and raised expectations towards his upcoming dramas―'He Hymn Of Death' and 'Romance Is a Supplement' (literal title).

Whilst wrapping up his fan meeting, Lee Jong Suk said, "This is the last stop of my fan meeting. In fact, lots of things happened before I got here. I was a bit worried if something bad would happen again, but my desire to come here was bigger than my worries."

Lee Jong Suk

He continued, "And now that I'm here, I'm glad that I did this. I will never forget the love that I've received today and I hope you guys could stay happy till the day we meet again. With all my heart, I love you."

Meanwhile, his upcoming SBS' drama 'He Hymn Of Death' is scheduled to be aired on November 27.

(Kang Eunbee, Credit= A-MAN Project)

(SBS Star)    

• Like 2

181118 Lee Jongsuk Crank Up Fanmeeting in Manila - Entrance + Intro

181118 Lee Jongsuk Crank Up Fanmeeting in Manila - XO Talk

181118 Lee Jongsuk Crank Up Fanmeeting in Manila - Filipino Fans scream We Love You Jongsuk

181118 Lee Jongsuk Crank Up Fanmeeting in Manila - Only Then

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A few things that really stuck out to me from watching all of these clips:

Are all FMs that LOUD? I had to keep turning the sound down, lol. 

I liked the part where the one fan asked him for advice in overcoming shyness, and he sort of laughed and said, you don't. I admire people who might be afraid, but who go and do things anyway, in spite of that. 

I don't know what it is, but I always like the parts where he sings and plays the piano, too. Look, the guy is a phenomenal actor, I've never seen anyone else who can lay out a character's heart like that and make you feeeeeeeeel for his struggles. Singing and playing piano? Well....we love and encourage him. :) But seriously, I love this! Because everyone is gifted at something, and everyone has something they need to work on. Like with the shyness, I love seeing him go out there knowing that he will miss notes and forget what to play next. Yet he's cool with it. He can laugh and not take it too seriously, and of course the audience is also encouraging. We all can do more of this--both be more relaxed about trying things, and also be encouraging of other people trying things. 

• Like 6

LEE JONG SUK | 이종석 FM TOUR IN MANILA Part 1 (Nov 18, 2018)

LEE JONG SUK | 이종석 FM TOUR IN MANILA Part 2 (Nov 18, 2018)

LEE JONG SUK | 이종석 FM TOUR IN MANILA Part 3 (Nov 18, 2018)

Spoiler

LEE JONG SUK | 이종석 FM TOUR IN MANILA Part 4 (Nov 18, 2018)

LEE JONG SUK | 이종석 IN MANILA - INTRO VIDEO (Nov 18, 2018)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1