[OFFICIAL] TAEBIN THREAD

SUGEE11

Guest empty soul

omgosh.. how come Taebin B'day this year is sooo quiet?? i really wanna know wat he did, n WHO he celebrate it with... i wanna see some updated pic of my boo!! :P

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he probably was in cali with his family close friends and teddy!! hehe ur soo hottt!!! i think i would either scream like a crazy person or freeze like a statue if i get to see him.

Guest sparkeh~

I read it before, too, and did not believe in it at all. i mean, i don't have any proof that it's fake or whatever, but it seems a little questionable. and it is disturbing. and yes, it does sound like a character from a fan fic.

Bwahaha I like the story ^^ But not all of it is false!

Let's get to know Taebin Im! [i'm using the name Danny because Taebin looks kinda like Teddy, so it's confusing while reading.]

But first of all I'd like to thank noran_nabi for her LJ ^^ or Norabose @ Soompi

Though it's not word by word, most of the detailed information I got from her, so thank her very much!

Other information I dug out of my brain from reading stuff about Taebin over the year. ^.^

~

Danny lived in California, USA. He was also born there. He was fluent in English, and spoke Korean at home. Thus, he had problems speaking when he moved back to Korean and the group started 1TYM.

California USA...back then, there were a lot of racial problems for teens all over the US! There are still a lot today, but luckily I live in a place where there is very little [i'm Chinese].

For Teddy, it was far worse than Danny. Danny's part of the US had a higher Asian population than Teddy's part. Teddy lived in New York with his family. He was a hard working kid and studied in school to get good marks. However, the harsh discriminations he faced everyday got to him, and he began to rebel against his parents [like lots of teens nowadays ==...]. He got into a fight with this really popular white kid, made his whole school hate him, and was suspended. His parents then moved with him to California USA, and that's where he met Danny. They both attended the same high school, Diamond Bar High.

Danny was in grade 10, and Teddy was in grade 12. They had a two year difference, but despite that, became the best of friends. How did they meet?

When Teddy first moved to California, he became friends with a Filipino kid and in return, that kid introduced Teddy to some of Koreans that attended his new school, including Danny.

Teddy and Danny's first meeting was at a party. Teddy walked in. Danny was sitting on the couch ordering lower grade students around. Danny's first impression of Teddy was 'cool.' Teddy's first impression of Danny was a little 'intimidating.' Danny got up and walked across the room to Teddy. He was the first to speak to Teddy, and his first words were 'Can I try that on?' 'That' referring to Teddy's hat.

As time passed, the two became even more closer. Danny used to skip school a lot. He was a gangster you could say, Teddy was too. The two boys both faced racial problems growing up. Danny would lay low in his car, listening to music and skipping school. When he met Teddy, they did that together. [<- Looking for the source, can't find it. I'm checking because I dunno how Danny could own a car while he was still so young =.=...] They did everything together, singing, dancing, chatting, playing sports. They would watch Music Bank and rent Korean videos. They dreamed of one day being on the big stage together.

That was the beginning of their life-long journey together [kinda cheesy xD]. After that, you should know basically what happened.

Teddy graduated and went to college. [Or was it University? Too lazy to check...he was trying to get an English major o-O]Danny eventually graduated too, but he didn't go on after high school. The duo tried out for Brothers Entertainment, an American label, and got accepted. Since they were Koreans, they couldn't start their career in the US. So Brothers introduced them to YG Family, which had just started at the time, and thus they moved to Korea!

YG Family was a new label then. The two main groups were JinuSean and 1TYM! Their music has some similarities and were both Hiphop based. Perry and Hyunsuk Yang helped newcomers with their albums. Perry was like a subfounder and was a composer. Hyunsuk was the founder of YG Ent. and was also a part of the group 'Seo Taiji and Boys' before he made YG Family. Actually, YG Family started as Hyun Entertainment in 1996. One month before the release of JinuSean's first album in 1997, Gasoline, it was renamed as MF Entertainment. Then in 1998, it was Yanggoon Entertainment. Finally in 2001, it was officially called YG Entertainment.

November 1998, 1TYM's first album was released. "Three other boys and the 1TYM members were part of a group called MF! Family. [i remember norabose saying there was a 12 member group but don't believe me ~.~]Anyways, Teddy and Danny were the foundation of 1TYM, they were the first two members and JinHwan and BaekKyoung joined after. Teddy was the leader and the main rapper, while Danny, with his superb vocals, was the main vocal [or the ONLY singer in EVERY SINGLE SONG -.- <~ my own comment -.- Not neccessary TRUE]. Jinhwan was a dancer and a rapper, and he was quickly welcomed into the group. BaekKyoung tried three times to get in. His mom had to march down to YG Ent. and knock on their door. He finally got in. *claps*

At the start, Teddy and Danny mostly stuck to themselves and were hard to make friends with, which Jinhwan found he had trouble. So, BaekKyoung came in! He helped everyone to get along.

Thus, as time went on, they became closer together. They met Se7en when Se7en joined YG Family as a trainee. As for Sebbie's history, that's another story. ;D But there is also the Tae7en pairing! That was formed from live performances of Danny and Se7en feeling each other up for 'fan service' as some say. But they are quite close. Se7en's also really close with Teddy too [24/Se7en album was done mostly by Teddy; he was in three songs, also Teddy writes a lot of lyrics for Se7en's albums]! And BaekKyoung [Goong S filming!]!

Danny released a solo album around the time of 1TYM's third album. He is also SUPPOSED to release another one any time now...And it was rumored that after 1TYM went on hiatus after their fifth album [because Jinhwan had military service for three years] that Teddy was to make his own solo album, but that never happened. Instead, Teddy helped his labelmates record their albums. Such examples are Se7en's '24/Se7en' Album and Masta Wu's 'Masta Wu Part 2.'

Oh and military service? All male residents of Korea had to do a three year mandatory military service. JinHwan is doing it now and that's the main reason why 1TYM is on hiatus [vacation]. BaekKyoung is the only male in his family so he doesn't have to. Danny and Teddy are American citizens so they don't have too...Heck they spend most of their off-stage time in the US. o-O

End! Information is around 80-90% accurate? Tell me if I made a mistake somewhere ^.^

*Appreciates the edits but you guys can lower the smart talk* ~_~

Guest green_vixen

^^ haha..that's a cool story.

wow! i never thought that tae bin would be the gangster type..tehehe..funny!

it's pretty cool how they met!

thanks! ^^

Guest norabose

Hey guys, my fren found this site which said some disturbing things about our beloved TAEBIN! http://hometown.aol.com/xobscurediex/taebin.html

I don't want new ppl that are interested in Taebin to be searching in yahoo or google for his bio and find this, which is not true!! I went on google and searched for "taebin bio" and this was the second link/option that popped up...and on yahoo, it was the first...so I definitely dont want ppl starting to get these bad ideas about Taebin...I think it also on the first page if u just type "taebin im"....just letting you guys know....>=(...disturbing....

>XD I remember finding that. It was late at night and my brain wasn't functioning, so for the first half of it, I was just like 0___0 For reals?

Yeah, but as everyone already pointed out, it's all fake. Well, mostly.

@ Spark_eh:

I found you here too XDD Guess who I am.. *hint*livejournal*hint*

Guest sparkeh~

>XD I remember finding that. It was late at night and my brain wasn't functioning, so for the first half of it, I was just like 0___0 For reals?

Yeah, but as everyone already pointed out, it's all fake. Well, mostly.

@ Spark_eh:

I found you here too XDD Guess who I am.. *hint*livejournal*hint*

Um...Uhhhhh...Errrr I dunno. o-O'' Tell me! :phew::D

I just wanna comment on how Taebin never featured in another artist's song unless Teddy was there with him, like in Lexy's Falling With Me and JinuSean's Microphone. In Lexy's song, Teddy and Taebin's voice really complements each other. They sing the same line but at different times, they sound so good together <3

Also how whenever Se7en and Taebin sing together, it's not a featured song, it's more like a duet than anything else. Like in ft. songs of YG Family, the original artist sings most of it and the ft. artist sings a verse or something. But noooo, in Sebon and Taebbie's collaborations, they both sing throughout the whole song!

Guest jess1tym4life

I just wanna comment on how Taebin never featured in another artist's song unless Teddy was there with him

The only song that taebin was ft on his own was in gummy's vol.2 album track 11 called witches..but beside that u're right u don't hear him on his own..

Guest sparkeh~

The only song that taebin was ft on his own was in gummy's vol.2 album track 11 called witches..but beside that u're right u don't hear him on his own..

O-O

*goes to download Gummy's album*

Guest norabose

I just wanna comment on how Taebin never featured in another artist's song unless Teddy was there with him, like in Lexy's Falling With Me and JinuSean's Microphone. In Lexy's song, Teddy and Taebin's voice really complements each other. They sing the same line but at different times, they sound so good together <3

Also how whenever Se7en and Taebin sing together, it's not a featured song, it's more like a duet than anything else. Like in ft. songs of YG Family, the original artist sings most of it and the ft. artist sings a verse or something. But noooo, in Sebon and Taebbie's collaborations, they both sing throughout the whole song!

XDD I'm noran_nabi.

Anyway, I remember I once had this same discussion in a Korean forum. Teddy and Danny have "similar" voices or whatever. Like you've already mentioned, they really compliment one another. (Tabu, Can't Let U Go, and Free Fallin' come to mind.) In all honesty, I can't get enough of their little duets. Tae7en's 충돌 was very catchy as well..

Guest sparkeh~

XDD I'm noran_nabi.

Anyway, I remember I once had this same discussion in a Korean forum. Teddy and Danny have "similar" voices or whatever. Like you've already mentioned, they really compliment one another. (Tabu, Can't Let U Go, and Free Fallin' come to mind.) In all honesty, I can't get enough of their little duets. Tae7en's 충돌 was very catchy as well..

Bwahaha I KNEW it! But I didn't wanna guess because it'd be awful rude if I was wrong. =S Lemme change the credit to your Soompi account... ^.^

Without You too! Teddy rapped in that too! But when Taebin performed a few months ago in California, he rapped Teddy's part himself <3 It didn't sound that different. You're lucky that you can read Korean T.T I can't! It's sadddd, I can barely read Chinese!

I love your LJ! It's so interesting to read =D That and the fact that you translate stuff! ^.^ Did you delete a recent entry? Because I got an email from LJ but it said they can't find the entry... o-O

I just want to comment on how 1TYM's and Se7en's album names are really well thought out [Once n 4 All, One Way, 24/Se7en and Se7olution anyways] but others needs work [like Big Bang's 'Since 2007' and Taebin's 'Taebin of 1TYM' but I read somewhere that his first album was named 'Back To My Roots' or something]

Guest norabose

Bwahaha I KNEW it! But I didn't wanna guess because it'd be awful rude if I was wrong. =S Lemme change the credit to your Soompi account... ^.^

Without You too! Teddy rapped in that too! But when Taebin performed a few months ago in California, he rapped Teddy's part himself <3 It didn't sound that different. You're lucky that you can read Korean T.T I can't! It's sadddd, I can barely read Chinese!

I love your LJ! It's so interesting to read =D That and the fact that you translate stuff! ^.^ Did you delete a recent entry? Because I got an email from LJ but it said they can't find the entry... o-O

I just want to comment on how 1TYM's and Se7en's album names are really well thought out [Once n 4 All, One Way, 24/Se7en and Se7olution anyways] but others needs work [like Big Bang's 'Since 2007' and Taebin's 'Taebin of 1TYM' but I read somewhere that his first album was named 'Back To My Roots' or something]

Ahh, Without You is one of my favorite 1TYM songs..it's classic <33

There's actually a funny story to that song. One of Taebin's fans sent a threatening letter to Teddy, saying how pissed off she was at him for making Taebin sing all those sad love songs about Teddy's past relationship. XDD Fangirls can be so strange..yet highly entertaining. (Let's forget that I'm a fangirl myself for a moment, yes?)

MY LJ amuses me too. I have to delete some entries just because they can be inappropriate...ly stupid. But as long as you enjoy them, it's all good~ XD

I plan on releasing the RANDOM LIST OF RANDOM 1TYM FACTS PART 4 sometime in the distant future~ <-- This is not off topic at all.

Ooh, the album names~ (Don't you love how all over the map I am right now? :D) Taebin's "Taebin of 1TYM" was.. very original. -__-;;

But yeah, One Way and Once N 4 All are pretty cool. I don't know what they're going to name their 6th though.. I heard rumors about

the 5th (before it came out) that they were going to name it "One Stop" or whatever. I guess, anything with a 1 in it? :D I don't care as

long as they actually come out with a 6th. I'm desperate and easy to please -___-

Guest Cua Lee

I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR HIS 2nd ALBUM TO COME OUT even thought I still need to get his 1st one too haha :D

TAebin's like the first guy that I know that knows how to rap and sing SOO FREAKING HOTTT!!!!!

WHAAA I LOVE YOU TAEBIN!!!

~~~edit~~

GHAHHJAJAJ I SOO OWN THIS PAGE!!!!!! hahahha

Guest wenwen426

I cant find that lexy songgg....=(

Guest zyrah

We've been waiting forever for his second album, do we even know for sure that there will be one??

i'll wait no matter how long it'll take!

Guest badbadz

i'm also waiting for his second album. any news yet? last i heart it was pushed back because of something T___T

his first one is great! it's the album that i would never take out of my ipod. ^^

Guest VioletSauce

Every time I see his thread on the first page I think people are bringing album news.

I'm tired of waiting. It better be good. Like I don't feel the urge to skip any song good.

Guest jess1tym4life

Danny was featured in Masta Wu's 1st album in the track "Change" and did the narration for a Wanted song (forgot the title)

I totally forgot that he was in that song..probably cause i don't listen to it often..

The other track was from wanted's vol.1 track 6. Wanted- How Am I Supposed To Stop You (narration-1Tym Danny)..u didn't get to hear him as much..

I cant find that lexy songgg....=(

That song is on lexy's vol. 1- Lexury track 14.Lexy ft Danny & Teddy- Come out of there (Get Out Of)

Guest cindel25

Somone needs to check their facts and stop spreading misinformation about Danny; I mean if you are a fan at least know what you're talking about.

Guest Cua Lee

Somone needs to check their facts and stop spreading misinformation about Danny; I mean if you are a fan at least know what you're talking about.

wheeef thank you so much sophia for posting that up :D I SO AGREE W/ YOU

Archived