---I'm scared to date.

mintcracker

Guest lienlee

hey mint ^^; Figured i'd be the first to say it, since well you know wink.gif

I think it's up to how you feel. Are you ready to go back on dates again? If you do I think you should definitely take it slow and nothing rash because you're still not completely over ur ex and this way it doesnt hurt the guy you're going on dates with

If you're not then theres nothing wrong with just being friends with them first and sorting out ur feelings. Get to know them as friends and maybe something can happen from that wink.gif

does this help a bit? tongue.gif

IMO. I prefer sorting out all my feelings first before anything

Guest starlight_

I think you should push yourself to go on a few dates. This feeling of being terrified just means that your ex is still dictating your life in some way or another. You're not with him anymore, and clearly his actions suggests that he didn't and probably doesn't care about you anymore.

Also, just because someone asks you out, doesn't mean you have to open yourself 100% and be completely accepting of a long-term SERIOUS SERIOUS why so serious?  relationship. Dates don't have to be some sort of contract for a serious and completely committed relationship. You can keep your distance when you date them to keep them interested, and if they really are they'll work a little extra to gain your trust and something more than just friendship.

Just enjoy yourself. There's nothing to be terrified of. You've been there, done that. Just take the experience and move on.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

There is nothing wrong with taking your time. You don't need to rush into things if you're not ready.

That being said, you still need to try to move on, y'know? You need to realize that what your ex did in NO WAY reflects what other people will do. His character has nothing to do with anyone else's. Just because he did it, doesn't mean you should fear others will.

I agree that you should try casually dating. If you're comfortable enough with the guy, you can explain to him why you're so uneasy. Otherwise, just try and enjoy yourself. The only way to get over this fear is to face it.

I don't want anything serious and I would HOPE that dates weren't contracts lol (I don't like guys that cling on or ones that come on too strong) but I dunno, I just get all =S when I think of trying again.

And yeah, ex had some major commitment issues, but that's another story altogether.

Guest insanelyCRAZY

be with friends. they're the best kind of medicine. and get a job(: and stay in school.

i was in the same situation as you.

and the best thing that happened to me was joining clubs and getting to meet new people and just have fun.

make time to find your true self again.

good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wackkie

Imho, i'd let that person emotionally out of my life first. I feel as if i'm cheating the person i'm dating if i'm not there physically n emotionally. Besides It's more exciting when you're there for them 100%... you feel "alive" & you won't feel that rebound effect.

that's my 2 cents

Regain confidence.  

People want to be accepted.  If one person finds what they think is said soul mate, they will become emotionally dependent.  One  key factor in a healthy relationship is independence, that does not mean that you will not feel sadness when you are apart from said soul mate, that's why since this person was your confidante, your lover, your best friend, you feel a emptiness in your heart/mind/soul (all the same really) that can't be helped.

Embrace yourself,  indulge yourself, do things that make YOU happy.  Go out with friends, the works.  Stop thinking of people as potential intimates, but as friends.

Accept it, it'll take time but like Nike says best, "Just do it."

Guest SHINeeStars223

I don`t know how you feel seeing that I`ve never dated a single person in my life.

But if it makes you feel any better, I`m afraid to date at all .___.

I`m just scared of it and insecure about it even if I have a person I like.

Good luck though >__< I really don`t know what else I can say ~

Guest writerstale

This is just a phase, because of what you went through. 6 months later you'll be posting about how you're in love with a guy who's Asian or White.

Guest writerstale

Not black or mexican? :(

Lol. A lot of Asian women don't go for us Black folk. I've met a lot of Asian women who say they're mainly into Asian or White men. Oddly enough we're good enough to get advice from, good enough to f***, but not good enough to date or meet the parents. Odds on she's into White or Asian men. If it's other wise I'd be surprised. Not trying to stereotype, or offend. But I'm speaking the truth though.

Archived