[Drama 2011] Dream High 드림하이

debbieleung

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cast singing Feliz Navidad with JSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDRjbWeJAjk

at around 2:49 you see some scenes from dream high that haven't been seen before, very little though

and if you keep watching you get some other glimpses of other scenes.

2 Posters for Dream High have been revealed!

20101226dreamhigh2.jpg

20101226dreamhigh1.jpg

Producers of KBS 2TV’s “Dream High” recently revealed two official posters for the drama.

The first exhibits the connection between Park Jin Young and Bae Yong Joon. Located beside their images, short description tags hint at their roles in the drama. Bae Yong Joon’s states, “His ruthless challenge,” while Park Jin Young’s states, “and his hot passion have met.”

An interesting point to note here is where the graphic designer placed the tags. Bae Yong Joon, the drama’s creative producer, has the tag lined up with his eyes; Park Jin Young, the drama’s music and dance director, has his tag looking as if it was being shouted out from his mouth. Both lend a clever visual interpretation of their roles.

The second poster features the main cast of the drama, the students of ‘Girin Arts High School’. The students are depicted to be running after their passions and dreams.

Suzy plays the role of ‘Hyemi,’ a girl dreaming of becoming the ‘2nd Sumi Jo‘. Unfortunately, she is unable to hold her head up high because of her father’s bankruptcy.

Kim Soo Hyun plays the role of ‘Pil Sook,’ an innocent and naive country boy who harbors a hidden talent.

Ok Taecyeon plays the role of ‘Jin Guk,’ a rough and rebellious student who lived without dreams in the shadow of his father. By becoming a student of ‘Girin Arts High School’, he learns to ‘dream high’.

Eunjung plays the role of ‘Baek Hee,’ a girl who is always overshadowed by ‘Hyemi’, and so always dreams of becoming stronger than her rival.

Wooyoung plays the role of ‘Jason,’ an international dance student that excels in his genre, and IU plays the role of ‘Pil Suk,’ a girl whose ‘ugly appearance’ prevented others from recognizing her talents.

These characters can be met on ‘Dream High’s pilot episode, which will air on January 3rd, 2011.

Source: OSEN via Nate

Taken from Allkpop

Guest yumoreo5

It looks like the love triangle of Taecyeon, Suzy, and Soo Hyun is going to be a heavy one. Look at all of the released photos of just Taecyeon and Suzy alone and Soo Hyun is supposed to be the male lead?? I'm not going to hope for much Taecyeon and Eunjung pairing/scenes at all if they're even a couple. Suzy and Soo Hyun seems underpromoted together as a lead pair too. The photos and even trailer is pretty confusing.

Dream High Press Conferecne will start at 2PM.

Some pictures taken at conference. Hopefully more pics and fancams later.

166ml.jpg

265o.jpg

361eg.jpg

460tp.jpg

561s.jpg

654q.jpg

215185183.jpg

215188010.jpg

215188257.jpg

cr.twitter, as tagged

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Dream High Cast Speak of Encounter with Bae

[2010-12-27]

The actors of the new KBS 2TV Monday and Tuesday drama series "Dream High" shared their first impression of top star Bae Yong-jun, who is producing and also acting in the drama in the role of a school chair.

On "Happy Together Season 3" on KBS 2TV Thursday, the MCs asked the cast members, "Someone like Bae is a mystery celebrity. What was he like in person?"

781_2084_l.jpg

Actor Kim Su-hyeon said, "I was nervous about my first meeting with him. I thought he'd be a mild, gentle person and he would greet me this way. But he looked very tired when we met. He was very down-to-earth and humble."

Eom Gi-jun said, "I addressed him honorifically in my first encounter. I introduced myself and he said casually, 'I've been looking for you. Where were you?'"

MC Park Myeong-su said, "Your conversation is different from others. Maybe he was looking for you to have you run an errand."

Lee Byeong-jun said Bae politely respected him as a senior and he was overwhelmed by his manners. Lee said, "Bae must've been confused. He asked me if we worked together before and I said no and he seemed a little taken aback."

Actress Lee Yun-ji said she met Bae when she was in high school before her debut, "I once met him ten years ago. I was in my school uniform and Bae asked me if I'd like to become an actress, and then he immediately told me not to become one."

Others testified to Bae's consideration of others. Lee Byeong-jun said, "He lets others shoot first and he always remains to the very end."

Lee Yun-ji said, "His popularity made sense to me when I saw him bring a heater to warm the other cast."

Writer: TV Report

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Soo Ji Falls Asleep While Filming

[2010-12-27]

Soo Ji from the girl group Miss A disclosed a behind-the-scenes story that happened while filming the drama "Dream High." On the episode of the KBS 2TV variety show program "Happy Together - Season 3" that aired on December 23, the main cast members of the new KBS drama "Dream High," Lee Byung Jun, Lee Yoon Ji, Um Ki Joon, Kim Soo Hyun, and Soo Ji, appeared and showed off their witty conversational skills.

783_2088_l.jpg

Soo Ji said, "Once when I filmed a scene in which I had to sleep, I really fell asleep. I think that I had immediately fallen asleep as soon as the shooting had begun. When I woke up, the shooting had already been finished." Kim Soo Hyun also spoke up about the same experience. He said, "I actually slept so deeply that people around me could even hear my breathing sound while sleeping. In the scene, I should have pretended to sleep and listen to others talking about my mother and then I should have opened my eyes sadly, but I constantly made mistakes. I opened my eyes, but it was not sad eyes, but sleepy eyes. So we all took a break a while because of me." His honest confession generated laughter.

In addition, Kim Soo Hyun disclosed an everyday episode concerning the head of his agency, Bae Yong Joon, and his story entertained viewers.

Writer: KBSi Jin Young-ju

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

Clips from Dream High Press Conference[mostly taecyeon & wooyoung]

cr: MEsora4eva/uploader/2pmalways

News[1]

News[2]

News[3]

News[4]

News[5]

News[6]

Wooyoung said he stole a chocolate basket from one of the members and gave it to IU to break ice btw them but they still feel awkwardness and haven't had a chance to practice lines together. Taec and Khun helped him in praticing for his lines in english. They even gave him homeworks to do. Wooyoung also said he looked back his diary he wrote when he was a trainee to understand his role better.

Taec said Jinkook is a troubled kid who tries to improve his pain from his family background with dancing

Brief summary by Jas @2pmalways.com

OMG

what's wrong with eunjung's leg???

i hope that she will be okay

everyone looks very pretty

and from the beginning i want

Taecyeon - Eunjung:wub:

to be and end up together they look so goooooood

and suzy omg she is so beautiful but i love eunjung she is my favorite girl forever

Dream High

Fighting

Guest marinai

The boys all look hot !!! IU wins the prize for best dress, my lovely Eunjung is simple and beautiful Suji looks like an unnie while she's the maknae but is still cute!

Thanks for the pics, the actors all good, hope their drama will do well :)

제이슨-Clip of Wooyoung as Jason

cr.uploader

Various news on Dream High...

Bae Yong Joon, Park Jin Young on “Dream High” visions and production

by VITALSIGN on December 27, 2010 at 3:02 am

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama, “Dream High,” held its production conference at the Ilsan KINTEX on December 27th, just a week before the drama’s premiere on January 3rd, 2011.

Co-producers Bae Yong Joon and Park Jin Young opened the conference by requesting the audience to give much love and attention to the drama, before revealing their thoughts about the project.

Bae Yong Joon commented, “On a personal level, I was able to experience a lot of things while working in the drama as a special guest, and not as a leading role. A lot of my juniors are starring in the drama, and I was able to feel their talent and dedication. Please anticipate many great things for the drama.”

Park Jin Young, director of music and dance, added, “It’s a nervous process for me, but through the help of Bae Yong Joon and my acting senior, Ok Taecyeon, I was able to give this challenge a try. Once again, please give us your interest.”

Regarding further details on the drama’s production, Bae Yong Joon continued, “I’ve always had a lot of interest in childhood education, and wanted to create a school that helped train future entertainers. Amidst the process, I met Park Jin Young, who had similar views as I did, which led to us working together. Our drama is centered around children that dream of becoming the all-time best stars. We aim to show their dreams and hopes through this drama.”

Park Jin Young concluded, “Bae Yong Joon is substantially involved with guiding the drama. The music and choreography I’ll be showing in the drama are not just made-for-public pieces; they’re creations made to lead the industry. Please wait and anticipate seeing them when it airs.”

Popular idols like San-E, T-ara, and miss A performed before the press conference begun, to add glitter to the event while the other 2PM members also appeared to show their support.

Cast members present at the set included Kim Soo Hyun, Suzy, Taecyeon, Eunjung, Wooyoung, IU, Um Ki Joon, Lee Yoon Ji, Lee Byung Jun, Yoon Young Ah, and Jung Min Ju.

T-ara’s Eunjung also appeared for the press conference despite her knee injury.

Source: Star News, Newsen via Nate

----------------------

IU talks about her ‘ugly’ character and future acting plans

by VITALSIGN on December 27, 2010 at 7:03 am

20101227iu11.jpg

IU made a humble statement about her physical appearance while attending the production conference for KBS 2TV’s “Dream High” on December 27th.

The singer plays a student named ‘Pil Sook’, who has low self-esteem because she was teased about her ‘ugly’ face. As “Dream High” marks her very first acting sting, IU reflected, “I’m really nervous since it’s my first time. When I was in elementary school, I dreamt of becoming an actress and even attended acting school, but all of a sudden switched paths to becoming a singer. I feel like how I do in ‘Dream High’ will determine the future of my career and activities.”

Regarding her character, ‘Pil Sook,’ she revealed, “I’ve been looking back at my diaries I wrote during my trainee days and asking myself how I felt at that time. As opposed to acting, I’ve been trying to bring out the trainee in me.”

She continued, “‘Pil Sook’ is an ugly character in the drama, but as for me, I really am ugly when I erase my makeup (laughter).”

When asked about whether she dreams of becoming an ‘almighty entertainer’, IU replied, “I don’t have such grand dreams like that yet. Should people give me opportunties, I will be thankful and do my best. As for my acting career, I’m not sure whether I’ll continue it until after the drama finishes. Neither my agency nor myself have an idea on that – it depends on the viewers for now.”

IU concluded, “I’ll do my best for the people that will be supporting us or watching over us.”

“Dream High” will broadcast its pilot episode on January 3rd, 2011.

Source: Star News via Nate

---------------------------

IU transforms into an ‘ugly girl’ for “Dream High”

by Supermar on December 27, 2010 at 8:39 pm

20101228iu1.jpg

After hearing that IU would be playing an ‘ugly girl’ for the upcoming drama, ”Dream High“, fans have been curious to see how the swan would regress into an ugly duckling.

On December 28th, IU’s disguise as a ’sushi girl’ was finally unveiled!

In the pictures revealed, the star is seen wearing a large sushi girl costume. She has transformed into an ‘ugly girl’ who is chubby, wears black horn-rimmed glasses, and has a messy mop of hair.

20101228iu2.jpg

After seeing the pictures, the netizens wrote, ‘Is it really IU?’, ‘I can’t see it’, and ‘I’m looking forward to IU’s transformation’.

“Dream High” will premiere on January 3rd through KBS 2TV and January 24th on KBS World (with subtitles).

Source: Newsen via Nate

cr.akp

Can't wait!

hey guys, i have a question : are there any romance story for wooyoung?? half part of me don't want baby woo to have any pairing :tears: but other part want to see him pairing with IU, they look cute together :wub:

^ based on pictures it should be IU and Wooyoung together :)

omfg, forever dying at wooyoung's 'is it my turn already' - i srsly hope we get a full cam (if not official release) of that

As for IU's ugly character I sorta thought/hoped she would've played a snobbish role or something and then I realised that would be HyeMi (Suzy's character) so I guess they really went ugly, I can't even recognise her but I guess we'll see how it goes keke - and less than one week till Dream High airs :)

ETA: Dream High Press Con - New footage of drama starts at around 0:25

Another PressCon video.

“Dream High” rewritten to give IU a larger role

IU has quickly become a respected figure in the industry, sweeping up awards left and right and coming up as one of the hottest artists of the year. It seems her influence has also managed to seep into KBS’s upcoming drama, “Dream High“.

Despite there being five other leading cast members - Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Suzy, Kim Soo Hyun, Eunjung - the writer and producers were enamored with IU’s exceptional acting skills. Consequently, screenwriter Park Hye Ryun decided to rewrite the script in order to give IU a larger role, and thus reflect IU’s real-life popularity.

The producers are currently in talks with her agency, in order to confirm details on the longer filming requirements that come with the larger role.

Source: TV Report via Nate

[ UPDATE ]

In response to fans’ concerns, Star News contacted the producers of “Dream High”, who asserted that TV Report’s story was false.

Dream High’s representative clarified, “We are fully aware that IU’s popularity has been soaring lately, but giving her a larger role in the drama is impossible at this time. We’ve written up to six episodes worth of scenarios now, and her role in the drama has not changed before or after she gained popularity.”

They continued, “IU is certainly one of the hottest figures in the industry lately, but because there are so many other leading roles, it’s not possible to stretch or shrink the roles. IU is also quite busy herself, so she probably would not be able to handle the schedule. The only thing possible for revision at the moment is the script for her character.”

Source: Allkpop

Guest mandarinoriental

i just watched the eunjung's parts in the press conference- seems like IU is standing closer to her but it seems as if taecyeon was assigned to help her and IU didn't really lend a hand or something. i don't know it just looks that way hahah.

poor eunjung, in a cast and all. anyways am really looking forward to this now that mary is over. :)

[PREVIEW] KBS TV series “Dream High”

Reporter: Lee Seung-Han

Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk

Editor : Heidi Kim

Co-produced by Bae Young-joon of KEYEAST and Park Jin-young of JYP Entertainment and starring members from idol groups 2PM, T-ara and miss A and female singer IU, it is obvious what KBS TV series "Dream High" wishes to be -- a drama which shows how the 'dream factory' really works along with the hardships young trainees go through to become a star, a drama about young people, and a drama where idols stars are the main characters.

"Dream High" shows where it is headed to from the beginning with the story starting in the year 2018 with a man named 'K' from Korea sweeping the Grammy awards to become a world star and Jung Ha-myung (Bae Young-joon), the director of Kirin High School of Art, reminisces on the time when he himself was a freshman at the school. And amid the process of revealing who 'K' is, the drama depicts on the process of how six new students from different environments work toward achieving the same dream -- countryboy Sam-dong (Kim Soo-hyun) who is born with an amazing singing voice, Jin-guk (Ok Taec-yeon) the rebellious yet brilliant dancer, Hye-mi (Bae Suzy) who once dreamt of becoming a great soprano, Baek-hee (Ham Eun-jung) who tries to rid herself of her inferiority complex over Hye-mi, Jason (Jang Woo-young) the skilled dancer from overseas and Pil-sook (IU) who cannot say much about her looks but can certainly sing.

As revealed through its casting, “Dream High” aims to secure two things at once: the brilliant performances staged by young idols and the excitment felt from a coming-of-age drama. The main leads of the drama are actual idol stars in Korea which includes Taecyeon and Wooyoung from 2PM, Eun-jung from T-ara, Suzy from miss A and female solo singer IU, all to give a better picture of the pains and agony young talents go through before receiving the spotlight. They will be joined by actor Kim Soo-hyun who appeared in SBS series “Will It Snow For Christmas” and “Giant” and other veteran actors Um Ki-joon, Lee Yoon-ji and Lee Byung-jun will appear as teachers, adding more to look forward to in the drama.

The passion and agony of youths

As most of the main leads of the drama are idol singers and acting for the first time, the expectation for "Dream High" is split between concern and anticipation. The press conference which kicked off with rapper SanE’s stage, followed by B-boy team “Fusion MC” performance and congratulatory performances from girl groups T-ara and miss A, resembled more of a showcase for singers than a TV series. But the press conference pinpointed to exactly where the charm of the drama will lie in the future. “I believe it only makes sense that idol stars who can sing and dance take the main roles for the sake of reality,” remarked Bae Yong-joon. Park Jin-young too stressed that he put “most weight on portraying the how idol stars are born, making it real as possible.” This may be true since there may not be a cast that is better fit to express the passion and agony these youths experience through their singing and dancing than current idol stars. Also, thanks to the star power of actor Bae and 2PM members, every time their faces were shot close-up during the video that showed highlights from the upcoming show, cheers burst out from among their fans from Japan, China and other countries in Asia.

IU and Woo-young from 2PM revealed at the press conference that they are thinking back on the hard times they had as trainees by reading up on the diaries they kept at the time. True to their words, the success of the drama will depend on how well these idol stars relive those times. The drama will go on air on January 3.

Introduction to the main characters

Song Sam-dong (Kim Soo-hyun): As a country boy, he grew up dreaming of becoming a ranch owner someday. But by recommendation of director Jung Ha-myung and blinded by his love for Hye-mi, he finds himself admitted to Kirin High and dreams of becoming the best singer there is.

“There is lot left to be desired for in my dancing and singing skills so I’m pushing myself two to three times than other members of the cast. I can identify with Sam-dong in the sense that he’s not readymade either. Since I’ll be working with idol singers - I used to be their fans - I really want to show them how much I studied their world.”

Ko Hye-mi (Bae Suzy): She once dreamt of becoming the next Sumi Jo, the world-renowned soprano from Korea. An elite girl, once filled with prejudice against pop culture, however ends up attending Kirin High regardless of her intentions due to financial problems at home. The character goes through an eye-opening experience as she gets to know Sam-dong and Jin-guk.

“There is so much I lack as an actor so I’m asking my senior actors about everything. Whether it's singing or acting, they're both difficult."

Jin-guk (Ok Taecyeon): A gifted dancer, he used to spend his time dancing with friends he met on the streets, away from the cold treatment he receives at home. By chance he takes part in audition for Kirin High and there his life changes completely.

“'Cinderella’s Sister' was simply a challenge but this will be a learning experience on a higher level based on my previous experience. It would be too early to say that I'm officially taking on acting with this role but I feel much more confident this time.”

Yoon Baek-hee (Ham Eun-jung): She used to be an ardent follower of Hye-mi. She even ended up in Kirin High after following Hye-mi to the school's audition. However, after being insulted by Hye-mi, she stands up as a bitter rival -- an ugly duckling who turns into a white swan.

"This is my first role as one of the main leads responsible for how well the show does. In fact, I see this as my very first drama. I suggested that I wear outdated clothes and glasses to make my transformation more evident later on.”

Jason (Jang Woo-young): A dancer from overseas. Having entered the school with the best score, he can make both Sam-dong and Jin-guk sweat with his superior skills in both singing and dancing. However, he lacks the motivation to succeed, being only into enjoying himself.

“Only after you learn to express your feelings well in either singing or acting can you get your message across. Big bro Jin-young (Park Jin-young) always told me I should sing as if I’m really trying to say something. I believe that applies to acting too -- that you need to do it with sincerity, not fake it."

Kim Pil-sook (IU): There is not much that is worth admiring about her on the outside but nothing can stop her when it comes to singing. She is a very spoilt ugly duckling who believes she is the best. However, she follows around Jason trying to change the way she looks just to win his affection.

“Before my debut, I used feel insecure about my looks too and hated to stand in front of people. So I can identify with Pil-sook in the way in how her confidence grows when she starts singing. I plan to reveal the person I was as a trainee rather than creating an artificial character.”

Reporter: Lee Seung-Han fourteen@

Photographer : Lee Jin-hyuk eleven@

Editor : Heidi Kim heidikim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Spoiler photos of suzy & soohyun kissing scene in the early episode. kkk

DO NOT HOTLINK!!!!!!

20101229suzysoohyun11.jpg

20101229missasuzy01.jpg

Archived