Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debbieleung

[Drama 2011] Dream High 드림하이

On April Fool's Day ,Paeksang official web had announced the list of candidates for Baeksang Art Award 2011. Dream High casts Kim SooHyun, Taecyeon ,JYP ,Suzy IU and EunJung were one of the candidates.

Male actor New star award will be dominated by 3 of the Dream High casts Kim SooHyun ,JYP and Taecyeon (Cinderella's Sister) with two others actors Park YooChun (Sungkyunkwan Scandal) and Kim Seong-Oh (Secret Garden)

Capture3.png.

they are also in the list for popularity Award for Male categorie 

Capture5.png

Capture6.png   

While Suzy with her role as Go HyeMi in Dream High is selected for Actress New star award ,

Capture4.png

EunJung, IU and Suzy are in list for Popularity Award for Female categorie.

Capture8.png

In addition ,《Dream High》's director Lee Eung Bok (이응복) is also in the list for New Director Award

Capture7.png

. Dream High's fans and netizens have great hope for them to get those awards

Source : BaekSang

Author : CJen@soohyundreamer

for paeksang  popularity award kim soo hyun is 7th Taecyeon is 8th and JYP is 24th (almost last) suzy is 4th eunjung is 9th IU is 15th :ph34r:

edit1: people outside korea can vote via SMS till may 23th

edit2: Uhm Ki Joon aka Kangsem is nominated for his movie "man of vendetta" (he plays the villain) in two categories

new star award

Capture1.png

and popularity award ( he is 2nd for now will he overtake T.O.P.?)

Capture2.png

it's been about a month...and I'm still having withdrawal problems -_-

I miss my cast </3 season 2 either a. star them again or b. have them as cameos for EVERY ep lol

wishful thinking sighh

any new news on our cast?!??? dream high related ofcourse? I've been looking and I've seen none really except minor woou and taecyeon/eunjung ...

oh btw. it took me forever to just look for this thread -_- lol

I just started watching the drama today. I have been seeing this drama posted in other forums but it is only now that I got the time to see it. Hmmm, the character profiles are interesting although their backgrounds are cliche-ish - How convenient it is to not have parents! lol xDDDD (well, there is nothing original I guess ^^"). Episode two and the girl is starting to annoy me, but that makes the drama interesting - she is bratty, full of IT... I can't blame her though because of the situation she is in -growing up as a rich kid, then their parents divorce, now her father fled and left her with her little sister to fend for themselves.... Like the lead guy said, "she is driving me crazy" xDDDD 

Keeper getting affected by a drama, means one thing: it is good ^_^

I am not expecting anything though, although I have read some of the reviews and comments in the middle of watching the drama ep 1 <-- hey, I just want to be sure that I don't waste my time on this xDDDDD Summer break has to be productive! ^_^

@13infamyss: lol so you got jason! i'm glad i got pilsuk. of course my 1st pick woulda been samdong, but whatever :lol: this reminds me of the old days when i'd want a changmin or junsu card from the DBSK CDs and have trade-pact with other people in case i didn't get what i wanted :sweatingbullets: . nuts, i know.

i rewatched the ending today and it's still one of the most perfect kisses in kdrama history. and i don't mean the execution (darn underage teens!) i mean context-wise, the kiss puts everything into persepective. how perfect is it that everything went full-circle. usually kisses are done at the heightened climax or something. all ragey and passionate (oops, or have i been watching the wrong things? :P) but here it's at the end, used as a punctuation, with sweet lingering effect. i'm waiting for something else to sweep me the same way but the DH crack is still on >_<

i miss pilsuk and jason the most......i still couldnt get over them.....they two draw out something across the screen and reaches deep down u.....

pilsuk even though she is fat but she still love the way she is....which is good....yea at some points she has lack of confidence on that.....but u got to give it to her that she still try her best....

I finally finished watching all 16 episodes in two days! I am diligently fulfilling my objective for this summer break: catch up on dramas, anime and manga! In short, I had fun! Watching it was like riding a ferris wheel, as it goes round and round... of highs and lows... laughter and tears. There is always something in every scene that you would want to know more about the story. Hence, my eyes ended up glued to the screen. The characters were dynamic, changing... to the better versions of themselves. 

I honestly didn't like Hye Mi's arrogant personality but then discovered the reason for that and began thanking the writer for creating her character that way. Jin Gook made me cry every time. It's a crime. He showed how it is to be the son, to love his father unconditionally. Sam Dong's pure innocence, his depression and his will power to conquer what hinders him from his dream was truly an inspiration. Then there's Teacher Kang, who embodied the essence of what it is to be a mentor. He lacked the confidence but the trust given to him by the former director really drove him to become the amazing person that he really is. I knew someone who is selfless as him is not capable of ruining one's family. Then, there's Baek Hee, her transformation really added spice to the drama. I'm glad that they restored their friendship towards the end as they both reached that level of maturity. Teacher Yang is so jjang! He lightens up the atmosphere that I always crack up every time I see him. My favorite couple has to be Pil Suk and Jason. They are just so cute and adorable in many ways that most of my fave scenes are those that have them on it. The minor characters also added variety into it. although you could say that some are stereotypes. 

The 'flash mob' scene has to be one of the highlights. I felt the rushing current flow through me watching it. And let's not forget, Hyukkie and Teukie's cameo!! (Keeper is an ELF)

I could go on and on listing what I love about this drama and yet I would feel that I didn't give justice to it - from the character profiles, their past, their relationships intricately woven in an elaborate and well-thought plot. For me, it was good in a sense that it was able to sustain my attention. I have a really short one when it comes to the shows I watch. 

My only regret is how they ended it. They left me hanging, like riding that ferris wheel, as I was about to reach that last stop where I would be getting off, it suddenly stopped. I mean, they were heading there... the ending; but as I was expecting to see more, they just ended it rather abruptly. Good thing that there is a season 2. What ending could I be possibly thinking about? I wasn't expecting them to show a scene of Hye Mi and Sam Dong. A scene of Sam Dong riding a plane bound for Seoul is enough for me to conclude everything. 

And would it hurt to show Sam Dong's mom in the ending? lol xD 

I generously rate this drama: 8.5/10 

The story was simply about dreamers, their dreams, the dream keepers and the dream takers - making it more meaningful to one dream keeper xD

i seriously like woo young after watching this drama. Frankly, I didn't really know him before this drama, all the while when I hear of 2PM it is always Nickhun and Tae chun.

Woo Young can act so well and make his character so likeable. He is so sweet with IU

I liked the drama...

I was always waiting for it to air... and then I watched it raw...

I liked Sam Dong and the milky couple...

The only thing I wish was different...

the end... it was rushed... the main couple was physically split up... Pil Sook fat and happy, come on be serious... only liked Jin Gook and Hye Mi sister together...

Agreeeed ! I thought the ending was so rushed. BUT ! I heard that there was a second season and that quickly cheered me up. Hehe iu <3 

Yes!! Second season! Don`t have a link for it though. But I`ve heard that it won`t be using the same cast, could anybody clarify that. Either way, I`m gonna love to see it. Plus I`ve made it a live goal to find a k-pendant and buy it haha. Only problem is that season 2 doesn`t come out until next January...

Can someone tell me whats the song PS sings in ep 5 at about 28.13?? Kamsahamnida *_*

hey everyone! its been awhile since ive been here but just recently i found some super interesting news concerning the very long awaited season two!!! im not sure if its a legit source but..who knows right! check the spoiler right below..or just go straight to the link!!

[NEWS] G.NA in Dream High 2?

It was revealed on April 2 in the morning that G.NA have been casted for the upcoming KBS musical drama “Dream High 2.”

G.NA’s company, Cube Entertainment confirmed that she will temporarily leave her singing career to focus on her acting debut. G.NA stated “I am so honor to have an opportunity like ...this. Before my debut my only dream was to debut as a singer, but I guess having to debut as an actress is interesting too so I want to try this field. It doesn’t matter whether I become successful or not as long as I have tried new things. I am happy with it.”

She will be playing the role of Jane, a vocal arts student who used to be Jason ‘s first love while in the U.S before coming to Korea. Jane’s character is indeed interesting because she will be in a love triangle alongside Jason and Pil-suk.

G.NA will begin filming dream high in the second half of 2011.

source: dream high 2 @ facebook

[NEWS] G.NA in Dream High 2?

credit to Rebecca (dreamsintokyo) @ LiveJournal <-----i hope i credited her right..if not im sorry

anyways if this is even a least bit true..then that means one of our all time fave couple...milky couple will be back <3 <3 and hopefully the rest of the cast will to!!!!!

sorry if any of this has been posted before!..but im really not that sure lol

i dont know if anyone posted it before but here are the videos of Dream high casts in Happy together with English subs: 

credits: cjpopsix

thanks for sharing this, I'd kept these links for so long and now I'm on vacation I can see them :P

hi , want to ask, is this drama safe for 10-11 years old ?

i want to download it for my little sister..

I think it should be fine. Compared to what is on TV now days this is pretty tame. If she liked High School Musical, Camp Rock with all the singing and dancing as part of the storyline I think she will like it. There are some parts of the story that might be too deep for her but overall I thought the performances and the storyline was very positive and uplifting. It shows that everyone makes mistakes, we are only human but we should follow our dreams and never give up. The soundtrack is great as well. Hope this helps.

hi , want to ask, is this drama safe for 10-11 years old ?

i want to download it for my little sister..

I would say you should consider carefully before letting your little sister watch this drama. Because the beginning of each episode does say "Children under 15 watching this prgram will need parental guide". Other than that, even though the message that drama wants to deliver is positive and story line is good, there are many parts such as highschooler rides motorbike, fighting, friends with jealousy gossip/harm/stab back each other and so on that I don't think are suitable for kids. If you still want to download it for your little sister, may be you'd better watch it with her ;)