[Drama 2011] Dream High 드림하이

debbieleung

Guest xsilentangel

You and I might as well be bfffffs. We both love Kim Soohyun and Boston Celtics hehe

<3 I feel the connection already haha!!

Kim Soohyun is truly love! His acting skills are amazing and he's only a 1988er! Excited to see more ;)

Btw thanks for sharing pictures guys!

snolaxy84: Love that shot of Soohyun looking at Suzy

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest azn_cute_bois

^ yup its confirmed allkpop link

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/kbs-confirms-a-second-season-for-dream-high

OMG.. Drama high season 2!!!

I'm soo happy right now!!!

i hope it continued from season 1 and i hope Sam Dong & Hye Mi in there too!!

Guest xsilentangel

I'm excited.. I hope Season 2 will show Hyemi and Samdong together.. happy as ever. I'm dying for more Hyemi and Samdong :(!!! I think Hye Sung will be in there!

wee~ the making book came in the mail today... so many BTS pics. yep, i'm still on the DH withdrawal it's getting a bit ridiculous

omg jealousy through the roof here :-O im salivating at the images right now. Yoon sama and JYP sure know how to make money eh? look at all the pretty!

im in serious withdrawal too, esp. since there has been no new drama that interests me. Also, youth trendy dramas like this are harder to come by these days for some reason. Gone are the days of Non-stop sitcoms and youthful dramas of the 90s (the last match, etc.).

But YAY YAY YAY OMG DREAM HIGH SEASON 2!!!! They MUST get JYP involved! I feel like a lot of Dream High's sincerity is thanks to JYP's own passion and experience with his trainees. And plus his music was the best! What was Dream High without all the epic performances?? And they MUST MUST MUST cast Park Eun Bin as Hyesung :D I love that girl. Such a talented young actress. Wonder if KeyEast will be involved again? Cos she's in KeyEast, they'll probably will let her take a lead role. Also, they built the whole school from scratch, it only makes sense to do a season 2, otherwise the whole set will go to waste lol

I'm so, so excited, I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment (getting too excited and becoming too nitpicky). Why, why does it have to be 2012??? Grr...can't they do it in the summer or something? Students have break in the summer, too. Plus, it's gonna be hell for the actors to film in the winter...

As much as I'd love the cast to return, I feel like they ended their stories perfectly. It was a beautiful finale and I'd hate for them to bring them all back just for fan service in seeing couples be all kissy-face with each other honestly.

It's got to be a new story, new cast with maybe cameos from the original cast.

Best way to keep that continuity probably is to have Hyesung be the main character, or at least a part of the main cast.

Guest 0071430264321

HM

vocal: A-

dance: B-

버보 먼스(not sure wat it is, performance maybe? i sometimes don't get konglish): B

looks: A

sincerity: B+

How does a Juilliard-bound singer (albeit a robotic one) get an A- while the others get an A in vocals? :huh:

Guest Raison.Detre

sorry to cut your post but I'm dying to remember in which episode is Suzy wearing thouse outfit (in the 2nd pic?) aaaa I gotta watch it once again   :wacko: or maybe someone kind enough to reminds me?   :w00t:

It's not exactly a scene from the drama.

I believe that photo was taken at the event that Soo Hyun and Suzy attended to watch the last episode of Dream High with the fans.

Guest cmshrty

DREAM HIGH PART DEUX?!??????? just read the news and I'm exciteddddd!!!! the six of them better make cameos! or even better..be the leads again :D my life is set!

Guest gauri92

i think the only person who can actually have a full role in dream high 2 out of the 6 is eunjung, 'cuz she became a teacher in Kirin....

and i too hope that they keep some continuity in the form of Park Eun Bin being Hye Sung and one of the main characters...

the others just have to have superb cameos (2 let us know who ended up with who finally and show us that they actually are together....mainly sam dong-hye mi for me...)

it will focus on a whole new set of students obviously, since tht is what dream high is supposed to be about...students and their dreams....

Guest meisk

i just heard about Season 2..*mark my calendar* i doubt they will use the same cast again but at least please make a cameo or something (especially SD and HM) so excited.. :w00t:

hamster428: the making book!!! i want one too...if u dont mind, can u share some unseen BTS pics like the one u posted... ;)

snolaxy84: thanks for the new pics. awww....suzy so cute... Samdong ah!

edit:

Soohyun performed Dreaming at MCountdown today.

Kim SooHyun - Dreaming

he's doing okay...he must be so nervous. it's like his debut stage as a singer. lol for some reason i keep imagined Hyemi somewhere upstairs showing him sign.... :lol: just like in the drama. he got the voice so all he need is a lot of practice,... if he decided to debut as singer... tbh,i prefer him as an actor. he's so talented and i cant wait for his new project. :)

Guest timpa

If the rumors hold, that there will be a second season, I'd rather see a new class of hopeful singers/songwriters, etc. than say the old cast back. I mean obviously I'd like to see Kang et. al. (incl. the not-so English teacher Yang Jin Man), but Hye Mi's sister, Hye Sung played by Park Eun Bin, would make for a nice continuation of the story instead of reliving or re-writing the past.

If they need to bring back the older cast I would say do so only in a cameo scenario (excluding Baek Hee since she's now a teacher at Kirin).

I think whatever they decide to do I believe fans will clamor to the idea of seeing their favorite [and I might add original] OTP back together one last time.

I think it all depends on who they are able to 'get back', but for me the most logical scenario I think would be set with a new group of students who are beginning right after the first season class graduates. Maybe some of them (minus Sam Dong who would be in America) makes a cameo in the first episode.

They'd just have to play around with the dates a little bit. Then hopefully at some point in the next couple of years we get a movie that picks up where the first season flash-forward left off ;)

I guess they could as you say use Hye-Mi's sister and pick-up from the flash-forward, but then wouldn't the show need to be set in like 2016/2017? They could just ignore the dates and do that anyway... It's not like the time-line in the first season made much sense anyway.

Guest gauri92

i was just thinking....what if the story is not a continuation of the current characters...in the sense, that it is set in 2012/13/14 only...that would mean that the current class, which consists of the 6 current leads, have passed out of school and are on their way to get to where they finally land up....

the school and the teachers must have obviously helped a lot of students during that 8 year gap as well, so it could be their stories....the stories of the people who follow these 6.....

(and we can also come to know whether Dream High continued as a group or they broke off after that one single/album..)

it doesn't have to continue with Hye-Mi's sister...and i think that in case they do something like this, timelines won't really cause an issue and it would all make sense....

Guest Phan2~

wee~ the making book came in the mail today... so many BTS pics. yep, i'm still on the DH withdrawal it's getting a bit ridiculous

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

p.s. the book costs 18000 won = 16 usd and online stores are charging us $40 o_0 that's a bit much profit <_< (i opted for ebay)

*edit*

haha sorry for the constant updates, i'm having fun with this book... so they have a profile section of each of the 6 and these are the grades they get:

HM

vocal: A-

버보 먼스(not sure wat it is, performance maybe? i sometimes don't get konglish): B

SD

vocal: A

버보 먼스(not sure wat it is): C-

sincerity: A+

JG

vocal: C

dance: A

버보 먼스: C

BH

vocal: B

dance: B

버보 먼스: B+

looks: B

sincerity: A+

PS

vocal: A+

dance: D (wahaha poor pilsukie)

버보 먼스: B-

looks: C (but she's the prettiest after the weight loss >_<)

sincerity: A-

JS

vocal: A

dance: A+

버보 먼스: A+

sincerity: F <-- Mr. almost perfect

eep i just realized i've got sunshine queen pilsuk on the cover ^_^ i wonder if there are different versions with the other 5.

*quoted image*

I'm a bit disagree with the rank hehe...for me

Jason:

vocal: B

dance: A+

버보 먼스: A+ (?)

looks: B-

sincerity: E <-- Mr. almost perfect (instead of F, he has more sincerity to Pilsuk hehe..)

hehe...it just my opinion :D

I don't really care who they're bringing on/back for the cast, but they MUST, ABSOLUTELY MUST, bring back the director and the writer. I love, love the directional touches that made this drama special (like, at the beginning of each ep we rewind a bit and see scenes that weren't in the previous ep but summed up the previous ep perfectly, or the pretty, pretty camera angles), and the script, while not perfect, was so sincere. I never understood what "writer caring for their characters genuinely" meant until this drama. I really had the feeling the writer treated the main characters like her own young friends, wanting them to improve, evolve, and grow up. I loved it :)

I guess we just have to keep visiting this thread for news until there are stills for season 2? :D :D

Archived