[Drama 2011] Dream High 드림하이

debbieleung

Guest kyung-jin

go hye mi appeared in 'You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star'.. she even said that min joon looks just like sam dong (of course they look the same, it's the same actor).. to be specific, hye mi appeared in episode 17.. who haven't watch 'You Who Came From the Stars / My Love From Another Star' should watch it..

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kyung-jin

itemprop="name"8 K-dramas where the second lead got the girl

by Vivi on Thu, Mar 19, 2015

2nd_Male_leads_who_got_the_girl_kdramas.

Anyone who watches K-dramas is probably familiar with the pain of second lead syndrome. Seeing the girl go for the rich jerk instead of the supportive friend over and over and over again can be insanely frustrating, but it doesn't always have to be that way! Even though dramas where the second lead gets the girl are few and far between, these magical unicorns do exist! Here are 10 dramas where the second lead won the day:

Warning: MAJOR SPOILERS

1. Dream High

To be honest, both of Hye Mi's options were pretty great. Neither one was a rich jerk, but it was a surprise to many viewers when she ditched the ever-cool Jin Guk (Taecyeon) for her supportive buddy Sam Dong (Kim Soo Hyun).

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/8-k-dramas-where-the-second-lead-got-the-girl/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

4 Things only K-drama fans want in their Easter baskets

by Shelly M on Thu, Apr 02, 2015

The Easter bunny needs to come with a basket full of goodies just for you! Easter baskets for children always have their staple surprises like chocolate, jelly beans, and small toys. Kids are overjoyed to receive their special treats months before Halloween and Christmas. 

What if they designed Easter baskets especially for K-drama fans? What could possibly make you elated months before the holidays?

Here is a list of the top 4 things that have to be included in that basket.

1. A chocolate figurine that resembles a handsome K-drama actor. Preferably the lead actor, but the second lead can be just as adorable.

Examples: 

Kim Soo Hyun in Dream High

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/-things-only-k-drama-fans-want-in-their-easter-baskets/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

15 Must-see K-dramas starring the Kings of K-pop

by CoCo Kdrama on Tue, Apr 14, 2015

Soul, swagger, and stunning acting abilities, these male K-pop idols-turned-actors have it all. To celebrate their success, DramaFever has partnered with Spotify to curate a special K-pop Idols: Males Edition playlist dedicated to them! Get your fix of the Kings of K-Pop by tuning in while you work and play, and see more of your favorites as leading men in these 15 K-dramas. 

6. Dream High, starring Ok Taec Yeon and Wooyoung of 2pm

Hqm6qL7.jpg

Produced by Bae Yong Joon and Park Jin Young ("JYP&quot), this hit musical show follows six students at Kirin Art High School as they try to achieve their dreams of stardom. Go Hye Mi is a talented singer forced to deal with her previously wealthy family's financial woes. She auditions for Kirin Art High School, but is rejected in favor of her best friend Yoon Baek Hee, and a bitter rivalry is born. Meanwhile Song Sam Dong is a country boy with an ear for music despite his hearing problems, who falls head over heels for Hye Mi and follows her to Kirin. But Sam Dong isn't the only one in love with Hye Mi. Jin Guk is Hye Mi's childhood friend and a talented rapper. He debuts in a small group called Group K with Baek Hee and Jason, an American exchange student who develops a bickering relationship with singer Pil Suk, a girl with a strong voice and an image problem. As these six students compete against each other and sing their hearts out, one question remains: which student will succeed to become the world's superstar pop idol "K"?

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/15-k-drama-starring-the-kings-of-k-pop/

• 3 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Supreme Court overturns previous rulings in the plagiarism lawsuit against J.Y. Park and orders retrial

J.Y. Park is finally catching a break in the ongoing plagiarism lawsuit filed against him. This issue has been going for several years now, and every time, the court had ruled against the producer, ordering him to pay composer Kim Shin Il for plagiarism.

20150813000082_0_99_20150813121304.jpg?t

However, in the final appeal that J.Y. Park's side filed to fight the previous court decisions, the Supreme Court has sided with the producer. 

The Supreme Court found that a song from 2002 by an American singer also used the same kind of pattern that Kim Shin Il is accusing J.Y. Park of plagiarizing. Thus, they have overturned the previous court rulings and have sent the case back for retrial to the Seoul High Court.

For background information, this lawsuit began in 2011 after a plagiarism controversy arose involving IU's "Someday" from the 'Dream High 1' OST. "Someday" was found to possess a very similar chorus line to Ash's "To My Man", and as a result, its composer (Kim Shin Il) decided to sue producer J.Y. Park. Each previous rulings had sided in favor of Kim Shin Il, but now the previous decisions have been revoked and a retrial will take place.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/08/supreme-court-overturns-previous-rulings-in-the-plagiarism-lawsuit-against-jy-park-and-orders-retrial

• 4 weeks later...

when i was college i watched dream high, and hoping taec yeon would be ended with suzy, because i dont know anything about kim soo hyun. So i miss his scene with suzy and feeling cheating because suzy and taec yeon just being friend at the end. Hahaha.. But now, i rewatch every single scenes about kim soo hyun. Hahahahahaa kim soo hyun oppa saranghaeeee !!! I became his fans since my love from the stars. Welekwkweke i really adore him. And cincaaa saranghae oppa ! 

• 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Suzy’s Transition into Acting Discussed on “Section TV”

It has been revealed that miss A’s Suzy debuted as an actress solely because of her agency.

201511221632881117_1_99_20151122163305.j

On the November 22 broadcast of MBC’s “Section TV,” reporters talked about stars with top looks and acting skills.

On this episode, Suzy was mentioned. It has been said that Suzy’s agency strongly recommended the star to start acting, despite her wishes against the idea. She did not want to act, but decided to try it out because of her agency. She then debuted as an actress through the drama, “Dream High.”

It wasn’t easy for her to reach her star status as an actress. In the beginning, many viewers criticized Suzy, and noted that her acting was very bad. After that, Suzy tried extremely hard to perfect her acting skills and be recognized as an actress. Her hard work paid off, as she rose to fame through her role in the film, “Architecture 101.” Through this movie, Suzy earned her nickname as the “Nation’s First Love.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/22/suzys-transition-into-acting-discussed-on-section-tv/ 

• 5 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Taecyeon went to Nagoya last week for 2PM concert tour and reminisce about drama Dream High.

From Taecyeon twitter:

Cg0zPNIUoAA5wus.jpgCg0zP7IUYAIe6Yg.jpg

Spoiler

Cg0zQYxU0AAtrYc.jpg

Trans : Nagoya...
The city I first came to for Dream High...
When will I be back...
(by 2pmalways)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

JYP Reveals G.Soul Was Supposed To Play Kim Soo Hyun’s Role In “Dream High”

Park Jin Young reveals that he initially envisioned G.Soul as the male lead of hit drama series “Dream High.”

On the May 11 broadcast of MBC “Radio Star,” G.Soul explains why he ended up spending 15 years in the United States instead of debuting. He says that up until the U.S. financial crisis in 2008, Korean artists were being well-received in the United States. After the economy plummeted, a lot of production companies called it quits.

20160511_1462977642_71621700_1.jpg

Park Jin Young shares, “I was worried about G.Soul, and that’s how I came to write a portion of a drama storyline. It became ‘Dream High.’ I thought that if we made G.Soul the lead and then sent him back to America, his probability of success would be high.”

However, G.Soul declined the offer. Jo Kwon also chimes in, “I also got a call, but I was at the time not interested in acting or dramas.” The role would ultimately be filled by Kim Soo Hyun.

“In the end, Kim Soo Hyun and Suzy took the roles. Kim Soo Hyun played G.Soul’s role,” Park Jin Young says.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/05/11/jyp-reveals-g-soul-was-supposed-to-play-kim-soo-hyuns-role-in-dream-high

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived