Can you make it mainly based on your voice?

Guest strawberrykiss989

Guest KimYongAh

TEEZED

Okay this is what I gotta say:

Singing: 9.99/10

The good: I like you voice!! :) It's really good. And the rap part was awesome. (Y)

The bad: Srsly I couldn't find a bad part xP

xP

anime_freakx10000

Picture: 4/5

oooo xP You've got a really cute face!! :) But its a little too blurry xP Maybe another pic? ^^

Singing: I was only able to open the 3rd video. The Korean one.

10/10

You've got a SWEEEEEEEEEET voice and I LOVEEEEEEEEEE it! Way to go girl!!! :) Try out for some auditions or something xP

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: EarthtoEata

Height: 170/ 5' 7"

Race/Nationality: What do I look like?  xD

Song links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZtmosI9jqk  

http://www.4shared.com/audio/8s-u4UAN/Dear_Mom_2.html

Photo: (I know I don't look the best...)

http://www.flickr.co...N05/5247621049/

Any comments are appreciated^^

------------------------------------------------------------

KRNnxt2U

Singing - 9/10

The good:  Beautiful voice, excellent pitch control.  Nice vocal aerobatics there! :)

The bad:  Watch your rhythm at times.  I know it's kinda easy to rush when you're focusing on a strong line, but keep it steady.

Ramen

Picture: 2/5  

I'm not gonna lie, your face is not really the type these companies are looking for.  They want a well-defined chin and nose, and slightly longer face.  No offence or anything!  I think you look great, just not the stereotypical type that talent companies want.

Singing: 7/10 Good, work on consistent tone/pitch.  A little vibrato won't hurt^^

first time actually gonna bother to do this ......

Ethnicity: chinese

height: 5'11?

[acapella cover] Jaejoong - Footsteps

shuld i post a photo too...?

(sorry if I'm a little harsh, that's just me.  No offence or anything!)

A little on the old side to join Korean entertainment companies, but stick around, you'll find a way there somehow if you're really determined :)

Singing: 5/10

Your voice is pretty breathy, gives the impression of a weak voice.  Your pitch wavers sometimes, work on pitch and tone consistency.  Try not to blare in high notes, keep everything under control.  Loud is not the same as blaring, know what I mean?  All in all, I don't exactly think you are the type that these companies are looking for.  Keep practicing, I've gotten much better thru practice, and who knows, someday I may see you on a billboard.

Guest something-like

(sorry if I'm a little harsh, that's just me.  No offence or anything!)

A little on the old side to join Korean entertainment companies, but stick around, you'll find a way there somehow if you're really determined :)

Singing: 5/10

Your voice is pretty breathy, gives the impression of a weak voice.  Your pitch wavers sometimes, work on pitch and tone consistency.  Try not to blare in high notes, keep everything under control.  Loud is not the same as blaring, know what I mean?  All in all, I don't exactly think you are the type that these companies are looking for.  Keep practicing, I've gotten much better thru practice, and who knows, someday I may see you on a billboard.

o.o welll ty

but where did my pitch waver? just out of curiosity.....i know my vibrato isn't as fast and i know for a fact i can't control it that wel yet... i do know in the chorus somwhere when i said "eobseo seo" << the last 'seo' i kinda,idk what to call that lol but yea anywayss where did i waver my pitch ?

o.o welll ty

but where did my pitch waver? just out of curiosity.....i know my vibrato isn't as fast and i know for a fact i can't control it that wel yet... i do know in the chorus somwhere when i said "eobseo seo" << the last 'seo' i kinda,idk what to call that lol but yea anywayss where did i waver my pitch ?

I think overall everything was pretty shaky. I think it's because you don't have enough breath support and the volume you're singing (on the verses at least) is too low. But you have a reaaaaaaaally nice timbre to your voice and more practice will let your voice shine 

I think this thread has turned into more of a criticism thread. o.o

Guest something-like

I think overall everything was pretty shaky. I think it's because you don't have enough breath support and the volume you're singing (on the verses at least) is too low. But you have a reaaaaaaaally nice timbre to your voice and more practice will let your voice shine 

I think this thread has turned into more of a criticism thread. o.o

thanks ahha and major LULL to your sig

btw what do you mean by timbre though :S

thanks ahha and major LULL to your sig

btw what do you mean by timbre though :S

timbre is the quality of your voice.  Things like clear, muffled, sweet, smooth, rough, nasally.  Ish.

(btw... i only listened to 1 song per person, sorry!)

--

KRNxt2U -

8/10

really good job! i love the versatility of your voice and just your overall control of this song! the chorus sounded like it was full of emotion, and maybe the beginning could use more emotion as well? I know it is a softer section, but it felt a little dull in emotion ^^; pronunciation sounded a little muffled at times but that's just me being picky and it could just be your particular style- sorry if i offend ><

---

eata -

6/10

it seems like your head voice could use a bit of work, or you are just trying to sing quietly? i don't know if you're aiming for the more breathy sound, but it kind of just sounds a bit weak ^^; the quality of your voice does sound very nice though (i'm listening to Good Bye Days)! like, it sounds a bit deceptive; the soft "husky(?)" quality of your voice is nice to listen to but i wonder if you're really singing out and if you do how different it would sound?

---

something-like -

4/10

i don't know this song so i don't know what the original pitch is, but i think your pitch control is a bit shaky when holding notes and transitioning between them. i would really like to hear you sing louder as it's hard to judge your voice since it's quite quiet (in the beginning). it sounds like you're struggling with those high notes past the half way mark and the pitch falls flatter the longer you hold notes. i would work more ><. you seem to have good control and pitch, though sometimes it wavers a little bit but i personally find that kind of normal, but just watch for it? ><

---

SHINeeRavo -

5/10

2ne1 are super fierce so i really want to hear more energy and power from you! i felt you weren't entirely in control of your pitch, as you switched keys and the ends of your notes were rather unsteady.

eata -

6/10

it seems like your head voice could use a bit of work, or you are just trying to sing quietly? i don't know if you're aiming for the more breathy sound, but it kind of just sounds a bit weak ^^; the quality of your voice does sound very nice though (i'm listening to Good Bye Days)! like, it sounds a bit deceptive; the soft "husky(?)" quality of your voice is nice to listen to but i wonder if you're really singing out and if you do how different it would sound?

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it^^ I'm used to singing nearly everything in a mix of falsetto and head voice, maybe cuz my chest voice sounds really bad (heh). Even if I try my best to blare in head voice, still sounds pretty much the same. I guess I'm not really asian pop material. I've even given classical a try XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6yjxlbIm7w

Thank you for your feedback!

Guest xeesoban

I just wanted to make a comment on "can you make it mainly based on your voice" thing. This is just my own opionion, so its might not be true or anything, i really dont know, But in my own opinion, its hard to make it in mainly on your voice. The entertainment business is all about how you portray your face to the public and basicaly your selling yourself "your body" and such. I just think that it would be a bit iffy if the companies accept based mainly on voice. Although im not saying some may or maynot that is just how i think. But i wouldnt know much since im not that great of an anything :) but i wish you guys luck if your going to audition

@ xeesoban -

i do agree with you, especially since we're all into the Korean music scene here (i assume...) which is very concerned with physical appearance. but this is mainly a fun thread where people can critique others on singing and improve. i hope no one here is super serious about getting into a company solely on their voice! ^^;

Name:  Anshar

Height: 176

Weight: 56

Nationality: Indonesia

And this is my video link

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O_03x4ZVII  ( Cover 2AM - This Song )

I'm sorry that i can upload my picture, because it's so hard to upload a picture through mobile phone

But, the man in the video is me, so you can judge my look. hehe

I really need a critique for my improvement

Thank you :)

Guest KhmerChinboiy

Name Net

age 15

Nationaly Cambodian American and 25% Chinese

wieght 120lbs

hieght 5.7ft

here the link video of me singing Yesung It has to be you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaPslBMPB-Y

other link to my video of me singing Tae yang i need a girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufp06Ak-CII&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

my picture is my avatar or you can check out more picture on my profile

I really need critique alot from you guys either its bad or good i need them plz give it to me thanks u

Archived