Can you make it mainly based on your voice?

Guest strawberrykiss989

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Aero2042

Singing: 6/10

i really like the quality of your voice, especially with this song- it sounds really good. however, it's hard to judge since the songs isn't a very broad range. it sounded like you were more whispering on the high notes, which might be to save the feel of the song, but it just sounded weak. ^^; i think you should work on supporting yourself on high notes, it's okay to use more power, but controlled?

---

@mluvzsx3

Singing: 5.5/10

it seems like you have a nice voice, but it sounds like you're using too much head voice but not in full control of it. your pitch is good, sometimes you slip off around the ends though. in the lower notes, i can hear the struggle too. it may be your regular voice (like a vibrato) but the quality sounds quite shaky throughout, instead of solid notes being hit.

---

@morgansunshine

Singing: 8.5/10

i think your voice is really good, i love the vibrato and control! i'm not japanese, but i've taken language classes and have experience in singing in it, so i hope my input will be helpful. i think your "t"s are a too hard (at times). you're hitting them like a regular American speaking style, but it should be a bit more subdued like a cross between a "t" and "d". i think in general you might want to make your sounds a bit more delicate sounding (unless the song is more harsh, it's more understandable). ack, i don't really know how to explain myself. ^^; i think the opening sounded a bit more "awkward" in sound ("hanashi"(?), the "ashi" sounded really not Japanese-like). i apologize if i'm being offensive!! i wish your microphone was better because your vocals sound so good, but there was the peaking sound at the higher/louder notes ;-;

@morgansunshine

Singing: 8.5/10

i think your voice is really good, i love the vibrato and control! i'm not japanese, but i've taken language classes and have experience in singing in it, so i hope my input will be helpful. i think your "t"s are a too hard (at times). you're hitting them like a regular American speaking style, but it should be a bit more subdued like a cross between a "t" and "d". i think in general you might want to make your sounds a bit more delicate sounding (unless the song is more harsh, it's more understandable). ack, i don't really know how to explain myself. ^^; i think the opening sounded a bit more "awkward" in sound ("hanashi"(?), the "ashi" sounded really not Japanese-like). i apologize if i'm being offensive!! i wish your microphone was better because your vocals sound so good, but there was the peaking sound at the higher/louder notes ;-;

No you are not offensive, I'm glad about your comment!thanks. (Dont be afraid, I want to know your opinions about my voice). The first word is not hanashi, its arashi :). Now I can hear the mistake too. I think the "I" sounded a little too hard?iish xD? i'll work on it.

I don't get what you mean with peaking sound. Do you mabye mean squeaking sound? New microphone is on the way to me :). But I think the squeaking sound is because of the mixing settings. I'm not the best when it comes to mixing up song ^^". Also youtube affected the quality( i think)

Guest strawberrykiss989

hi everyone i could really use your help to improve my singing

please critique me

thank you!

http://www.soundclic...?bandID=1117897

Hi apple 195,

Singing: 5.5/10

The good: Your voice is overall good, pleasant to listen to and you are able to control your voice well.

The bad: You sang quite softly and I felt at times you were holding back, if you didn’t hold back and really hit the notes confidently I would have scored you higher out of ten. ;)

Further improvements: Your voice is good, not quite excellent yet. Work on getting more comfortable with the higher notes, expand your range.

Err... I don’t mean to be a party pooper but could please help to critique others since it is part of the rules on this thread,:sweatingbullets: plus I’m sure if you critique someone they’ll definitely return the favour and critique you back. May I suggest that you critique the user teezed’s singing as she critiqued you?

I hope my feedback helps even just a little!

OooOo this sounds fun, I created some song covers a while ago. They're both american songs though.

The links are from my tumblr, so just scroll down, press play, and it'll automatically play for you :)

l_d79b8dc63d9c44baa71f9605cceec253.png

JoJo - How to touch a girl

Sara Bareillies - Gravity (bump up the volume for this one)

I would love feedback from people because singing is one of my greatest passions!

-----------

But aside from my singing here are my critiques (I'm blunt & honest so please don't hate me!):

@teezed - Your version is really good. The beginning was sexy! Your harmonization is really great (LOVE HARMONIZING). But, as I listened it seemed like the verses parts it seems like you were holding back. Burst out those vocals girl, don't hold back! You got the potential. You sound fantastic when you did the whisper talking parts. Very seductive. & your rap-talk part is great! I love the song for the most part I just wish you pushed your vocals out more then I would have totally scored you higher.

Rate: 7/10

@morgansunshine - Wow, just wow your voice sounds really great with that song. The vibrato really compliments the style that your bringing to the song and it's a really nice touch. But (this happens more in the beginning) I didn't feel your connection to the song you sounded kind of bored but then as the song escalated and your notes were moving up I can totally feel your emotion at that point. You have a fantastic voice, I'd like to hear more from you :)

Rate: 8/10

@dahye_is_here - You are the cutest thing, I can definitely hear the *umph* in your voice. You did a fantastic job in the chorus when you do the "face" part I suggest you prolong that for a bigger effect, it was very beautiful though :) I highly suggest in the verses you use your diaphragm more because you started to fade out a bit and I could barely hear your voice. Also with note changes, don't do it too much otherwise it'll sound too much & give the impression of going out of tune then coming back. I love the bridge, your voice carried out well! You got a lovely voice but plenty more room for improvement. I enjoyed your rendition<3

Rate: 6.5/10

@apple195 - Acapella can be a bit more challenging because instrumental music can sometimes camouflage some notes that might've shifted off course. Your version of this song is nice, I like it. My tip for you is at higher notes carry out the note don't let it go up then down half a step (you had a tendency there) it sounds like a wave and hinders the next note your aiming to hit. Your pronunciation is spot on! & your diction is very nice, it compliments your voice well. I suggest do a few scales to bring up those notes. It sounded like you were straining a bit in the higher notes but just expand your vocal chords by doing scales and in no time you'll hit those notes longer and it won't wave out anymore. Other than that, fantastic job.

Rate: 5/10

@jksk - Beautiful! You got some vocals girl, I love how smooth your voice is it really sounds nice. My suggestion is that you don't switch notes that quickly. It does that wave effect that makes it sound like your switching off tune then coming back in strong. Your vibrato is nice, I like how it appears in your long notes and fades off softly. Really good. I love your high notes. You carry them out well. You got plenty of potential. I enjoyed your singing! You're pretty good at acapella too. Keep going girl, practice practice practice. If your really serious about auditioning practice never hurts.

Rate: 6.5/10

@hbunnynote - The smoothness in your voice is nice. Your tone for this song is great. I suggest that you breath more through your mouth because that prevents from that nasally sound. You sort of have that and we want to prevent it. You carry the high notes in the chorus very nicely. In a sense it sounds pretty monotone so spice it up with some vibrato or little riffs (that's a little harder) or work on volume. Where to bring up the sound and where to back off that brings alot of effect to singing. Great job! Keep practicing & soon your voice will sound alot more mature and you'll be able to carry breathing better. I enjoyed your song :)

Rate: 5/10

----come back to critique more later!

Guest strawberrykiss989

OooOo this sounds fun, I created some song covers a while ago. They're both american songs though.

The links are from my tumblr, so just scroll down, press play, and it'll automatically play for you :)

l_d79b8dc63d9c44baa71f9605cceec253.png

JoJo - How to touch a girl

Sara Bareillies - Gravity (bump up the volume for this one)

I would love feedback from people because singing is one of my greatest passions!

-----------

Hi xXFilipina_DreamerXx!

Wow thank you very much for critiquing so many people! I don't think you should worry too much about being blunt and honest cause this thread is all about honesty! :lol:

It's okay to sing American songs! In fact it is easier for those (i.e. myself included) who don't understand foreign languages like Korean and Japanese to judge more accurately.

Well here is my critique of you and I am all about honesty too (sorry...:sweatingbullets:):

Picture: 2/5 - Errr... I don't really know what direction you are aiming for i.e. Korean music industry, Japanese music industry or the American music industry. But in my opinion physically you'd more appeal to the Western ideals of beauty purely because you're exotic looking (sorry if I'm making you seem like an exotic bird or something LOL). Your skin looks relatively clear and although your teeth aren't straight you have a sweet smile. Overall I think you are pretty just not drop dead gorgeous beautiful.

Singing: 8.5/10 - You're edging closer towards a 9 than an 8 though!

The good: One word. Wow. Your voice is stunning. Seriously. It's very soulful, and you really can hit those high notes plus your diction was spot on most of the time.

The bad: You sound great, close to perfection just not quite. In the first song (How to touch a girl by JoJo) some low notes weren't sung and enunciated as strongly as the high notes. Also your diction only a few times is slightly unclear. 

Further improvements: Work on making your lower notes and enunciation and you'll be perfect.;)

Well that's my critique of you, I'm no professional of course and it is only my opinion.:D

Ps. How did you record your songs? They sound so clear like studio recordings!

Guest strawberrykiss989

Name: Angela

Height: 5.0

Weight: 952723423019374 lbs :)

Race/Nationality: Korean

Youtube

Hi Angela/dahye_is_here!

Thanks for critiquing others before you!

Here is my critique of you:

Singing: 8/10

The good: You sung the song beautifully and the chorus gave me goosebumps LOL!

The bad: When you sang the verses you were quite quiet  though I do think it is mainly due to the music overpowering your voice a bit at these parts. Also your words aren't as well enunciated as when you sing the chorus.

Further improvements: Work on enunciating your words better and also work on projecting your voice to be louder.

Overall I do agree with xXFilipina_DreamerXx that you have a lovely voice. I think you're bursting with potential! ;)

Well thats my critique of you!

Ps. I LOL-ed at your weight hehe... :lol:

Guest makingwishes

I guess i'll start by giving more critiques :D

(i don't mean to be offensive)  =]

xXFilipina_DreamerXx:

Picture: (this is judged out of 5 though if there is no picture than ignore this).  3/5

You're pretty! But for the korean entertainment industry, your look right isn't really fit.

Thats not to say you can't make it but right now, I can see you more in the American

Music / maybe Japanese.

Singing: (this is judged out of 10)

7/10 - The "Gravity" song.. gah. that was breathtaking. I had to put 7 because well,

there has to be those even more amazing singers 8-10. but your singing is very nice!

and this song fits you perfectly.

The good: (what you feel are their strong points)

Your singing is definitely your strong point. It's really nice to listen to.

The bad: (what you feel are their weak points)

Okay, so bad points would depend on where you are headed. Asian industry? Or American?

I have a feeling if you make videos of covers for American songs and upload them to youtube,

you'd be a hit because your voice is just nice(:

Further improvements: (what you feel they need to do to further improve)

Hm... with singing, you should always be practicing, because you can only get better. maybe

try and sing a variety of songs so you can learn to master all the types of songs? For looks,

(again, depending on where you want to be) you should try different styles or if this is more you,

then stay yourself :] haha... i sound confusing.. sorry.

:D Good Luck!

dahye_is_here:

6/10 - Above average singing (: still pretty good. The verses are sort of hard to hear

for me. maybe its just me..haha.

you're pretty! :D haha.. and the chorus, i really liked it:] and you can hit/control the notes

pretty well too. I think you can be a good singer(: 

I wish the quality was a tad bit better. haha, its good but maybe you should record vocals

and then mix it to the instrumental? that would sound great. I'd like to hear your voice more

clearly because I don't think I can hear the greatest parts of it because of the instrumental

on the quality.

I want to see you have more fun with it :D i enjoy your head-bopping at the beginning..haha

have fun and have more confidence, because then your voice will be more loud and powerful

also. :D I looked at your other videos too, i really enjoy your voice...

apple195:

5/10 - I hear so much potential. If you practice the right way and sing the right songs,

I can see you becoming a great singer!  Halfway there .. doing a good job though.

You know how to hit the notes :D plus with some confidence in your singing, you can really

make it high up there.

Whats missing from your singing is a strong feeling towards the song. I'd hate to say

it but it sounds like you're bored? Not trying to sound mean at all! Promise(: But you could

use more feeling.

:] ha, okay. so the thing to do is pretty much just learn to sing confidently. your voice

has the potential to be powerful, so give it all you've got.  :D practice the solid voice and

try to cover another song, i can't wait to hear it !! Best of Luck.

-edited-

Guest krn_grl203

Hi you guys ^_^

I wanted to be critiqued as well because you guys seemed really respectful and honest  =)

I can't  put up a picture of myself only because I do not have a camera with me at the moment but here is my general information

Name: Silvia 

Nationality: Korean

Height: 160cm

This video was for my MBC audition 

And I know my low notes were horrible (I really need to work on it)  but Insooni is called a legend for a reason ^_^ Her range is just spectacular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZD_PEaBZbM

Please give me suggestions =)

wow this thread is dae~bak

@Teezed

10/10!!! I REALLY LIKE YOUR VOICE. and your rap wow its really smooth like wow i really like it, you'd be an awesome rapper and singer. seriously i've never heard rap that good! 

@Angela

8/10! i like your high notes, and the vibra! your voice suits the song very well :) 

Name: Aaudi

Height: 163

Weight: 58

Race/Nationality: asian

pic1 pic2

clip1 snsd-hoot

clip2 g20

edited!

Guest strawberrykiss989

Hi everyone I'm really glad that more people are posting up stuff to be critiqued! :D

But errr... I don't mean to be a party pooper but may I please remind you all that you must critique two people before you can request to be critiqued yourself (it's in the rules)... :(

Awww... thanks Aaudi for calling this thread daebak. :lol:

Although I'm not a professional I will try to critique a few of you in the near future (right now though I need to get some sleep since it is 11-something on my side of the planet lol).

Again sorry for being a party pooper....:tears:

Guest Amethist

Oh what a nice thread =)!

@xXFilipina_DreamerXx,

Picture: 8/10, I like the picture, but your looks are a bit unclear, because I can't see your full face.

Singing:9/10, very lovely voice!!I'm very impressed!

@Aaudi,

You have to be logged in to view the content and I don't have an account on that site, is there a way you can make it public for non members?

@dahye_is_here,

Singing: 7/10, some parts are a bit soft, but I do really like the chorus (the most powerful part).

More later (it's near bed time sorry XD), and yeah to make it fair, I start with reviewing the ones that already reviewed others :P.

Name: Charissa

Height: 163

Weight: 53

Race: Eurasian

Nationality: Dutch

Picture: http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/851/img0220copyg.jpg

Singing (some covers with the band I had during my exchange in Japan):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgJpICipH1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BC2RJg3mV0

I've got more band covers on my youtube account, so if you can't really make up your mind after hearing these 2, you might want to check those out..

1. You can include these details about yourselves only if you want to:

Name: cynthia

Height: 5'2"

Weight:112

Race/Nationality:asian

clip: [clip 1][clip 2]

Picture: Pic [i've been having skin problems lately so you've been warned! lol]

-------------------

A-xiah ur really quiet. and flat at some parts. and u lose urself at some parts. practice practice and learn to listen to urself.

Maya_chan ur voice has alot of potential. it sounds like u naturally know how to sing but just need to practice more. u have natural talent but with some work u can totally make it. the high parts need work but good job!

Archived