[TVB DRAMA] 巾幗梟雄之義海豪情 No Regrets 2010

sherryberryxx

Wayne Lai, Sheren Tang, Pierre Ngo, Raymond Wong, Fala Chen

Chinese Title: 巾帼枭雄之義海豪情
English Title: No Regrets
Also Known As: Rosy Business 2
Notable: TVB 43rd Anniversary series (2010)
Episodes: 30
Filming: March - July 2010
Producer: Lee Tim Shing (Point of No Return, Man In Charge, Rosy Business, Fistful of Stances)
Script Writer: Cheung Wah Biu (Safe Guards) , Chan Jing Yi (Cupid Stupid)

RELEASE DATE: October 18, 2010

Cast:
Wayne Lai
Sheren Tang
Raymond Wong
Fala Chen
Pierre Ngo
Ngok Wah
Susan Tse
Nancy Wu
Ben Wong
Elena Kong
Kara Hui
Evergreen Mak

Official Synopsis

Guangzhou is in a state of political turmoil in the 1930s. Gangsters are on a rampage and opium trading becomes rampant. As they watch the illicit profits from opium trading escalate, the government forms the Anti-Smoking Bureau under the guise of suppressing opium, but the bureau is under the influence of CHENG LONG-KWAN (Yueh Hua), the gang’s kingpin. His eldest daughter CHENG KAU-MUI (Tang Shui Man) who is an unscrupulous person soon returns from Shanghai to reap the rewards. MUI meticulously plans her every move.

On the other hand, LAU SING (Lai Yiu Cheung) is the leader of the Criminal Investigation Team. He has worked hard all his life to ensure an easy trail for his family, especially for his bed-ridden younger sister LAU CHING (Fala Chen). Despite his hot temper, he values friendship and brotherhood more than anything else. Once, he almost sacrificed his life to help his timid teammate, TONG KAT (Pierre Ngo).

It is fated that MUI and SING should meet each other and survive many calamities. It is also fated that both are fierce contenders who will never give in, although mutual understanding and affection slowly grows between them.

Meanwhile, the Japanese army invades China and Guangzhou falls into the hands of the Japanese. MUI enters the darkest time in her life when her aunt CHENG LONG-HEI (Susan Tse) frames her.

Will SING always be by her side?

Plot Outline (based on sales presentation) (translation by: aZnangel)

In the 1930s, Guangzhou was in political instability and had gangster riots. The opium business made good profits, but at the time the government set up a smoking prohibition bureau, namely on opium. However it was a fact that people were openly selling cigarettes, the female lead (Sheren Tang) is the leader of the prohibition bureau, but is also the Triad leader oldest daughter, she is heartless. The male lead (Wayne Lai) is the team leader of a criminal investigation unit. He is a hot-tempered man, but in fact is also a careful thinker. The two are destined to be enemies, having many conflicts and not going to make way for anyone. However, they still established a delicate relationship. When the Japanese invaded Guangzhou, the two faced difficult years together and eventually turned around to help each other....

2wnxs1d.jpg

Info:
- Wayne Lai and Elena Kong are husband and wife.
- Evergreen Mak is Elena\'s old lover.
- Wayne and Fala Chen are siblings
- Raymond Wong is Fala\'s lover
- Ngok Wah is Sheren\'s brother
- Susan Tse is Ngok Wah\'s sister
- Wayne and Sheren are first enemies, but then later have mutual admiration for one another.
- Nancy Wu has an affair with Ngok Wah
- Kara Hui is Raymond\'s mom

- In this series, Sheren will become the gangster\'s wife. This drama was set during the war. She will not be the female leader as in Rosy Business but she will become a bad woman. (Translation: jsg @ AF)
- Wayne and Sheren have an intricate love relationship. In the series, we spend many nights together and there are numerous memorable and moving scenes.
- will delve deeper into romantic arcs

Clips: 1|2|3|4|5

CREDIT TO aZnangel @ ASIANEU.NET

I'm really enjoying this series so far! I didn't expect it to be as good as the first one! Though I have to admit first episode definitely gave me the Titanic vibe. It keeps me on the edge which is good. Pierre Ngo really impressed me as "Pai Gwat Jai", his acting just wow. His scene in episode three was so heart wrenching!I'm also interested in Elena's character, since I've mainly seen in her in antagonists roles, it's a nice change, makes me wonder what's going to happen to her. As always, I love Wayne's character here.

Share your thoughts?

Guest JaeYin.

Ah! Best TVB drama for this year so far I think. Sheren Tang is amazing! I wouldn't be surprised if she won the Best Female Actress award again. She deserves it actually. And yes, you're right. The first episode did remind me of Titanic, but the rest is okay. I can't wait for tomorrow! The cliffhangers are nervewracking =(.

Archived