Details

Title: 괜찮아, 아빠 딸 / Gwaenchanha, Appa Ttal

Genre: Drama

Episodes: TBA

Broadcast network: SBS

Broadcast period: 2010-Nov-22 to TBA

Air time: Monday & Tuesday 20:55

Synopsis

Eun Chae Ryung is a spoiled daughter who had always completely relied on her father. When he is involved in an accident one day, she finds herself rudely awakened from her sheltered life and forced to mature, encountering numerous hardships before she gradually becomes an independent person.

Cast

Eun family

c82eb789.jpgPark In Hwan as Eun Ki Hwan (Chae Ryung's father)

86373818.jpgMoon Chae Won as Eun Chae Ryung

ac5146e7.jpgLee Hee Jin as Eun Ae Ryung

kangwon.jpgKang Won as Eun Ho Ryung

7498bd9e.jpgKim Hye Ok as Heo Sook Hee

seungmok.jpgYoo Seung Mok as Heo Man Soo

Choi family

Lee Bong Gyu as Hyuk Gi's father

Lee Yong Nyeo as Hyuk Gi's mother

ab346dc6.jpgChoi Jin Hyuk as Choi Hyuk Gi

Shin Min Soo as Choi Duk Gi

dong.jpgLee Dong Hae as Choi Wook Gi

Jung family

Park Geun Hyung as Jung Pil Suk

Yun Woon Kyung as Yeo Chang Ja

d8804047.jpgKang Sung as Jung Jin Goo

Jin Se Yun as Jung Se Yeon

Choi Ja Hye as Seo Hee Jae

Park family

Lee Won Jae as Park Kwon (Jong Suk's father)

Park Hye Jin as Mo Yoon Kyung (Jong Suk's mother)

bdaf88a9.jpgJun Tae Soo as Park Jong Suk

Other people

Hong Yeo Jin as Lee Soo Jung

Lee Na as Go Yang Mi

Jo Han Sun as Park Moo Sool

Kim Dong Gyoon as Kwak Kyun Woo

Nam Ji Hyun as Shin Sun Hae

Hwang Sun Hee as Ma Ri Sol

Min Ji Oh as Kang Bo Ra

Kim Gyu Jin as Shim Byung Chun

Park Sang Hoon as Shin Sun Do

minhyuk-1.jpgKang Min Hyuk as Hwang Yeon Doo

Park Jung Geun as Kang Dong Bo

Marco as Marco

Sung Chang Hoon as Ricardo

ahra.jpgSong Yi Woo as Jo Ah Ra

Seo Dong Soo as Professor Kang

Lee Jin Ah as Jun So Hyung

Yoo Byung Sun as Min Hyun Gyo

Lee Sun Ah as Ah Young

Yum Dong Hun as Ah Young's dad

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 2AM-Fan

Casting Updates

Will Dong Hae of SuJu will be the leading actor

http://news.nate.com/view/20101014n19333

Min Hyuk of CNBlue Casted!

http://news.nate.com/view/20101014n15950

Don't know if I'm right, Someone Translate PLEASE!!

Guest crazeebubbles

moon chae won!!! i absolutely love her! finally!! she's the leading lady!!! kekeke can't wait to watch this show!!! XD

Guest JuJulie

Super Junior’s Donghae and

CNBlue’s Minhyuk cast

in ‘It’s Alright, Daddy’s Daughter’?

by Luigi

20101014_donghae_minhyuk-460x331.jpg

Super Junior’s Donghae and CNBlue’s Kang Minhyuk are set to become cast members on the upcoming SBS drama, ‘It’s Alright, Daddy’s Daughter‘.

While Donghae’s casting as one of the male leads has not yet been finalized, it has been reported that Minhyuk will be playing a musician named ‘Yeondu‘ who falls in love with the female lead, Eun Jae Ryung (played by Moon Chae Won).

With regards to Donghae’s possible casting, SM Entertainment revealed, “We received the invitation and have been attending meetings, however the casting is not yet confirmed.”

Meanwhile, ‘It’s Alright, Daddy Daughter’ follows a story of the once spoiled Eun Jae Ryung experiencing the hardships of an independent life after her father suffers a major accident.

Source: Star News

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/10/super-juniors-donghae-and-cnblues-minhyuk-cast-in-its-alright-daddys-daughter

Guest marinai

Moon Chae Won deserved it ! She's so talented she grabbed my attebtion in SH and I watched MFL only to see her and Jung Il Woo !!!! I will definetely watch this :)

Guest LadyKash

wow, finally a draa for our dear Moon Chae Won!!..she's such a talented actress and I'm glad she's finally leading a drama..I was hoping to see her with Jung Il Woo since they were so cute in MFL..looking forward for this one..

• 2 weeks later...

The boys of It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl

Untitled-1copy-2.jpg

Now that we know Moon Chae-won will head the upcoming SBS drama It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl, it’s time to turn our attention to the boys. All are relative newbies to the acting sphere, two of them coming from the idol-pop-star world (gulp), but let’s hope they surprise us with hitherto-untapped acting talent.

Daddy’s Girl features an immature young woman named Chae-ryung, played by Moon Chae-won, who’s forced to grow up when an accident throws her household into ruin.

kimtaeho2.jpg

Kim Tae-ho

Kim Tae-ho of Pasta (he was one of the good-looking trio, aka the “Italian Team,” and is pictured above) has been tapped as the lead, Choi Hyuk-gi. He’s a student at a prestigious law school who’s currently taking a leave of absence, and after he becomes entangled with Chae-ryung, they “develop a romance with difficulty.” But the difficulty is all a part of the drama fun, right?

jeontaesoo_20.jpg

Jeon Tae-soo

Playing his rival in love is Ha Ji-won’s little bro Jeon Tae-soo, who by the way is already set to act in upcoming sitcom All My Love. That appears to be a supporting role, while he’ll take a more central role in this show as a character who tries to interfere with Hyuk-gi’s relationship with Chae-ryung. Jeon’s character is a friendly sunbae to Chae-ryung who grew up in a sheltered environment with parents who have their own successful law firm in the U.S. As a result, he doesn’t really know how to do anything for himself.

Jeon said that he feels some pressure playing another villain, but since there’s such a difference between a sageuk and a modern show, he’ll work hard to show a different side than he currently does as the scheming In-soo of Sungkyunkwan Scandal. He added, “Playing a villain means that I have to be hated in order to be called a good actor, so I intend to work hard to receive a lot of hate.”

donghae1.jpg

Lee Dong-hae

In addition to those two, we have two idol stars making their forays into acting. First up is Super Junior’s Donghae, who has actually appeared in a movie before — Attack on the Pin-up Boys, but I suppose that’s a bit of an odd situation since the movie starred most of the members of Super Junior and was produced by their management company, SM. Perhaps for that reason, this drama is being called his official acting debut.

He plays a character named Choi Wook-gi, who grew up poor but manages to make his way in life with a strong sense of responsibility and earnestness. While none of the press information has said as much, I presume from the name similarity that he will be the (younger?) brother to Kim Tae-ho’s character Hyuk-gi.

kangminhyuk2.jpg

Kang Min-hyuk

Then there’s Kang Min-hyuk of idol band CN Blue, who makes his drama debut playing the singer and drummer of a no-name band. His Yeon-doo character falls into a one-sided love for noona Chae-ryung.

Kang said, “I’m so happy to be meeting everyone through a drama for the first time. I know there are a lot of prejudices against singers who go into acting, so I’m working hard to do away with that impression through solid acting. I’m sure there will be areas where I’m lacking, but I hope you’ll watch with a favorable eye.”

Last but not least: She’s not a boy, but rounding out the main cast of It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl is actress Choi Ja-hye (Baker King Kim Tak-gu, Jejoongwon). Her Hee-jae character is described as both a femme fatale and a perfect type — so what else is new? Oh, she also harbors inner pain. And I ask: Who doesn’t?

I suppose the Hee-jae character is being set up as a contrast to Chae-ryung, because she may be cool and chic on the outside, but she has grown up lacking parental love, in contrast to Chae-ryung. She starts out dreaming of revenge (because of whatever pain it is she carries with her), but realizes the meaning of real family through the man she loves.

The drama follows Dr. Champ on Mondays and Tuesdays, premiering November 22

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/10/the-boys-of-its-okay-daddys-girl/

Guest patricedee

♥It's alright Daddy's Girl♥

Cast:

kimtaeho2.jpg

Kim Tae Ho a.k.a Choi Jin Hyuk (Pasta) as Choi Hyuk Gi

moonchaewon16.jpg

Moon Chae Won (My Fair Lady) as Eun Chae Ryung

jeontaesoo_20.jpg

Jeon Tae Soo (Sungkyunkwan Scandal)

46681_10150248473430635_147316540634_14429866_3345907_n.jpg

Super Junior's Lee Donghae as Choi Wook Gi

kangminhyuk2.jpg

C.N Blue's Kang Min Hyuk as Hwang Yeon Doo

Synopsis: Eun Chae Ryung (Moon Chae Won) is an immature young woman who’s forced to grow up when an accident throws her household into ruin.Eun Chae Ryung is a spoiled daughter who had always completely relied on her father. When she's involved in an accident one day, she finds herself rudely awakened from her sheltered life and forced to mature, encountering numerous hardships before she gradually becomes an independent person.

Details

Title: Gwaenchanha, Appa Ttal / It's okay Daddy's Girl

Genre: Drama, Romance

Episodes: 16 (not yet confirmed)

Broadcast network: SBS

Broadcast period: 2010-Nov-22 to TBA

Air time: Monday & Tuesday 20:55

This drama will take place after Dr. Champ

First stills of Daddy’s Girl Moon Chae-won

by javabeans | November 1, 2010

201011011288600560.jpg

Moon Chae-won looks every bit the part as the heroine of SBS’s It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl, cuddling up to her drama-dad, played by screen veteran Park In-hwan, in these first stills from the upcoming show.

Moon’s character is an immature youngest daughter who is forced to grow up when her father’s accident throws her household into chaos. This shakeup acts as the catalyst to her maturation, forcing her to realize all the work and sacrifice her father has made for her over the years.

6uruf.jpg

The drama’s first shoots took place on October 29 and featured the father-daughter duo singing together in a noraebang (karaoke room). Moon said, “I worried a lot because the first shoot took place in a noraebang”—I assume this is because noraebang scenes are lively and jovial, requiring acting chemistry right off the bat—”but it turns out that the atmosphere was great and there was no awkwardness as we filmed. Park In-hwan, who plays my father, acted the part almost exactly as I expected, so I was able to act comfortably with him. I look forward to our future shoots, and since this is my first drama playing the lead character, I’ll work even harder.”

I don’t think Moon Chae-won has gotten to stretch herself yet in her previous supporting roles, as in Painter of the Wind, Brilliant Legacy, and My Fair Lady, where she showed some of her personal charm but kept it safe. I’m approaching It’s Okay, Daddy’s Girl with optimism, though, keeping in mind that Choi Jung-won had been panned as being a boring actress with a pretty face, until she emerged as bright and winning in Wish Upon a Star earlier this year — which, coincidentally enough, had a similar storyline to this. Another drama with a similar plotline is last year’s Smile, which featured another adorably vibrant actress, Lee Min-jung. Fingers crossed for this one!

The drama also stars a number of young up-and-comers, such as Pasta’s Kim Tae-ho, Sungkyunkwan Scandal villain Jeon Tae-soo, Super Junior member Donghae, CN Blue member Kang Min-hyuk, and Baker King’s Choi Ja-hye.

The drama follows Dr. Champ and premieres on Monday, November 22.

Via Newsen, nate

---------------------------------------------

Lee Hee Jin Joins the cast of 'It's Alright, Daddy's Girl'

leeheejin.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20101101n22320

Her character is Eun Chae Ryung's (Moon Chae Won) older sister, Eun Ae Ryung. Lee Hee Jin was a member of the now disbanded KPOP group, Baby V.O.X.

saw this in a 4minute forum...so i thought i'd come and add it here. :)

JiHyun to act in SBS drama 'It's Ok, Father's Daughter'

ve97pe.jpg

JiHyun will be casted in the SBS drama 'It's Ok, Father's Daughter'. The drama talks about a father's sudden death from an accident, the fall of the household and the story of the daughter who realised the sacrifices the father has done to the family and her subsequent selfless attempts to support the family.

Actors include Super Junior's DongHae, Baby V.O.X.'s Lee HeeJin, CNBlue's Kang MinHyuk, and of course 4Minute's Nam JiHyun. With the addition of GangSung who has sung the theme song for drama 'Rustic Period', there will be 5 singers in total acting in the drama.

The premiere episode will be aired on 22nd November, subsequent episodes will be aired every Monday and Tuesday, 8:55PM KST.

Source: Daum + Baidu

Translation + Reporting: kueensora@4-minute.com

---------------------------------------

an interesting cast so far. i'll be looking out for this one. :)

Archived