[TVB] Gun Metal Grey (刑警)

Guest miss scarlett

Guest miss scarlett

Felix Wong, Michael Miu, Jessica Hsuan, Nancy Wu, Vincent Wong

ANNIVERSARY DRAMA

GUN METAL GREY (刑警)

Premieres on November 1, 2010 @ 9:30PM

TRIVIA:

- Gun Metal Grey is an anniversary drama. (TVB anniversary dramas are big-production dramas that air in the end of the year.)

- Stars of Hong Kong's singing competition The Voice (Ryan Lau, Alfred Hui, Auston Lam, Victor Chen) sing the theme song.

- The Chinese title is a professional term for "police". (Originally they had a 2010 attached to the title, but apparently they took it off now)

- Felix Wong's comeback TVB drama. His last TVB drama was in 2001. Felix and Michael Miu were members of TVB's Five Tiger Generals, a group of five of the most popular young actors of Hong Kong in the 1980's. (the three other members were Tony Leung Chiu-wai, Andy Lau, and Kent Tong.)

- A majority of the drama will be about solving murders.

- Felix's character is a cop who was sentenced to jail for a crime he didn't commit. He was proved innocent 15 years later. After he was released, he returns working as a cop under Michael's CID unit. Rumors say that his character will be the final villain.

English title: Gun Metal Grey

Chinese title: 刑警 (Cantonese: Ying King) (Mandarin: Xing Jing)

Opening theme song: Fui Sik Hung So (灰色控訴; lit. Grey Accusation) written by Yip Siu-chung, lyrics by Sung Pui-yin, performed by Super 4 (Ryan Lau, Alfred Hui, Auston Lam, Victor Chen)

Ending theme song: Ngor Tik Lei Hoi Ya Si Oi (我的離開也是愛; lit. My Departure Is Also Love) written by Yip Siu-chung, lyrics by Sandy Chang and Yip Siu-chung, performed by Alfred Hui

Genre: Police procedural | Drama | Action

Production company: TVB

Language: Cantonese

Episode count: 30

Producer: Terry Tong

Editor(s): Lau Choi-wan, Leung Yan-tung

Teaser 1: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/YdNE0GFWr6U

Teaser 2: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1Bnzq98DdZo

Teaser 3: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/_UK02BWaMv4

STARRING:

Felix Wong as Stone Sir (Shek Tung-sing)

Michael Miu as Mad Sir (Mai On-ting)

Jessica Hsuan as Kim Hui (Hui Man-him)

Nancy Wu as Sze Hui (Hui Man-sze)

Vincent Wong as Carson Ko (Ko Kei-yeung)

Grace Wong as Kong Hoi-ching

Oscar Leung as Lee Shim-leung

Koo Ming-wah as Lo Hang

Rebecca Chan as Kan Chuk-kwan

Mimi Chu as Chong Nim-tung

Tai Chi-wai as Hui Sze-ching

Janice Ting as Shek Long

Joseph Lee as Mai Kam-wah

etc.

I have been anticipating for this drama to be release. Cannot wait to watch it. Hopefully the storyline is written well. The only reason I'm watching this is because of Felix comeback, been a fan of his dramas since my childhood days ^_^ As for Michael not a big fan and most of his recent dramas wasn't that good.

Here is the TVB Sale Presentation for the drama last year: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=RCLMPORW

I'm thinking they probably change some parts but who knows

Guest miss scarlett

THE PROMOTIONAL TEASERS ARE OUT!!! 8DDD SO EXCITED!

First teaser: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/YdNE0GFWr6U/ (about Felix Wong's character)

Second teaser: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1Bnzq98DdZo/ (about Michael Miu's character)

Ending theme music video, sung by Alfred Hui: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/fqN4hlX_6o4

You can see some brief scenes of the drama in the MV.

• 2 weeks later...

First episode came out today! :D Mad Sir is such a richard simmons. -_-

haha I totally agree with you on that! I really wanted to smack Mad Sir so much in that episode!

would a best friend go out in court and point out that his best friend was the killer? Seriously he never liked Tung Sing (Felix) at all.

If I were his best friend I would try to find as many evidence to free him not put him in jail I'm thinkin,

Mad Sir or that "Sergeant" put Tung Sing in jail as a scapegoat

what do you guys think?

The first episode is pretty good but I sorta got a few complaints

-themesong and subtheme: maybe its just me but it doesn't fit the genre or mood of the drama at all really out of place and the themevideo too much

-maybe its just me or is the tvb police force is getting a bit more "Fashionable" lately? too much?

-where is the bg music when there is suspense? gah they use to overuse it and when they need to use it, where is it?!

Overall I think only Felix character seems quite developed compare to the others so far. I really teared up at the scene where Tung Sing

came home and met his father and his father seem to have Alzheimer disease and he begins to cry

I couldn't hold me tears either. Felix still has his acting skills!

cannot wait for episode 2!!

First episode came out today! :D Mad Sir is such a richard simmons. -_-

Hahaha... that's my first thought too!

haha I totally agree with you on that! I really wanted to smack Mad Sir so much in that episode!

would a best friend go out in court and point out that his best friend was the killer? Seriously he never liked Tung Sing (Felix) at all.

If I were his best friend I would try to find as many evidence to free him not put him in jail I'm thinkin,

Mad Sir or that "Sergeant" put Tung Sing in jail as a scapegoat

what do you guys think?

The first episode is pretty good but I sorta got a few complaints

-themesong and subtheme: maybe its just me but it doesn't fit the genre or mood of the drama at all really out of place and the themevideo too much

-maybe its just me or is the tvb police force is getting a bit more "Fashionable" lately? too much?

-where is the bg music when there is suspense? gah they use to overuse it and when they need to use it, where is it?!

Overall I think only Felix character seems quite developed compare to the others so far. I really teared up at the scene where Tung Sing

came home and met his father and his father seem to have Alzheimer disease and he begins to cry

I couldn't hold me tears either. Felix still has his acting skills!

cannot wait for episode 2!!

I'm suspecting him too! I think the 'atmosphere' is a bit weird in this series. Maybe I need to get used to the story, I think I need to adjust myself a bit from watching 'Every Move You Make'. I wonder if there will be a love story in this series =\

Hahaha... that's my first thought too!

I'm suspecting him too! I think the 'atmosphere' is a bit weird in this series. Maybe I need to get used to the story, I think I need to adjust myself a bit from watching 'Every Move You Make'. I wonder if there will be a love story in this series =\

I read that there is gonna be a love triangle between Felix-Jessica-Michael and Nancy Wu will be hook up with Vincent

I read that there is gonna be a love triangle between Felix-Jessica-Michael and Nancy Wu will be hook up with Vincent

Who's Vincent? Is it the younger rich guy/police?

I'm watching eps5 now and Michael Mui doesn't seem like a richard simmons anymore... =p

Michael was definitely not trying to let his friend go to jail.. He was telling what he saw. I think that 爆头庄(?, their officer) was involved actually.

And I gotta say Michael really look so good for his age. Hotter than Bosco Wong, LOL.looking forward to see him and Felix fighting for Jessica. I'm leaning towards Michael more of course, and

Yes, Felix is the biggest villain in the end.Sadly

:( most probably is because of his wife leaving him and him finding out that his sergeant, the one in the higher position is involved in letting him take the blame for the 15 yrs ago murder case. That's why he changed, to someone who challenges the law along the way.

• 3 weeks later...

I just don't like michael's hair at the back where it kinda flaps up. I'm on episode right now and just finished the case with the missing three children, kinda scary O_O. Anyway, I can't see how felix will get evil >< And I feel sorry for him right now because his relationship with his family esp. his wife is strained. This series is pretty good, too bad its not getting enough recognition from TVB even though its an anniversary series

Archived