Yellow teeth = Unattractive ?

Guest DREAMiiNG

Guest DREAMiiNG

I've heard it's a turn off.
Okay, so my front 2 teeths enamel has deteriorated due to environmental and health factors branching from my childhood. Because of this, my front 2 teeth are stained with yellow streaks. I know, sounds absolutely atrocious, does it not? People have always reiterated how unhygienic it looks, and often represents a lack of cleanliness.

My question is, how much of a turn off would it be to you personally?

Would you automatically not want a relationship with someone due to yellow teeth?

And if anyone faces the same predicament as I do, or once have, how did you fix it? Is there a way to fix it? D: I've been told that bleaching my teeth would allow it to revert back to original, white teeth but I'm highly doubtful. I bleached them once, but after a few months they became the same as usual. Bane of my social life!

I can't smile without feeling self conscious >_<!

Guest -Eevee

i have more of an issue with crooked/missing teeth than i do with yellow teeth, but it's still quite unattractive.

it's something i automatically associate with smoking too, which is another no-go for me.  

it's not that i'd NEVER date someone with yellow teeth, it's just that we'd have to have a pretty awesome connection otherwise.

sorry~  ):

as for fixes, i've heard great things about Crest white strips.

and there's (i think) a laser treatment now that's meant to work wonders.

i think a combination of a whitening toothpase, whitening strips & the bleaching stuff would be worth a try.  (:

i have more of an issue with crooked/missing teeth than i do with yellow teeth, but it's still quite unattractive. it's something i automatically associate with smoking too, which is another no-go for me. it's not that i'd NEVER date someone with yellow teeth, it's just that we'd have to have a pretty awesome connection otherwise.

I feel the exact same way! I don't think I know any smokers who have nice, pearly-white teeth all the time. My boyfriend and I don't have really straight teeth, but our teeth aren't horribly crooked or anything - people actually comment on how our teeth look "straight enough" and how white our teeth are. I wish I had braces though. I think that crooked teeth are a lot more noticeable than yellow teeth.

We both used to have dull, yellow-stained teeth when we first dated. However, we both tried the crest white strips and it has really improved the shade of our teeth. I did end up using two boxes over the past 7 years (once in high school, and once in college), while he has only used one box. The whitening effect has lasted a long time for us, and so far my teeth haven't really turned yellow. I've also been diligent in brushing and flossing regularly (twice and once a day). It's really important to have good oral hygiene, otherwise you'll have to shell out a lot of money and go through some pain from bad oral hygiene. Bleaching may help, but I heard it does increase the sensitivity of your teeth.

Also, a change in your diet could help as well. If you drink a lot of soda, cut down, or drink through a straw. I've been drinking more water and juice than when I was younger. Eat more fruits and vegetables. I think I read somewhere about a celebrity that rubs strawberries against their teeth as a whitening solution. I'm not sure if it works though, but I love strawberries! I'd rather eat them than rub them all over my teeth, lol. And green, leafy vegetables are also good as eliminating stains on your teeth. And once again, I really need to stress that brushing and flossing are really important to MAINTAIN the whiteness of your teeth.

Guest Jentage

To be honest, I'm sure majority of the world has yellow teeth. Mostly celebrities and rich people are the ones with perfect straight white teeth lol. If you have crooked teeth, get braces. But if you want white teeth, I suggest going to the dentist for cleaning and then just keep brushing properly.

A lot of people have somewhat yellow stained teeth. Myself included. I think it's pretty normal unless a person's teeth is totally yellow and looks like they never brushed

Guest Apple.Mint

i dont think it's unattractive unless it looks like my cousin's teeth xD

She smoke, drinks and all that stuff and probably never brush her teeth since she comes home late and stuff

it's so yellow it almost looks black O.O

Now THAT is unattractive, but slightly yellow is not a problem to me. However if it is a problem to you, then do something about it. I know you said you've bleached them? By yourself or through a dentist? I think you should talk to your dentist about what to do since it's having a negative effect on your self-esteem.

I have white teeth and that's because I used Crest White Strips (over a year ago and they're still very white lol)you should give it a try and I know people say it weakens your enamel but if you have strong enamel to begin with, it really doesn't damage it that much. At least not for me =]

so good luck!

Guest asian_downloads

Of course yellow teeth is unattractive! I mean put it this way, would you think yellow teeth (however yellow you are thinking) are attractive on other people?

:vicx:

Like some said, yellow teeth really isn't noticeable.

When my teeth were... yellower (??) the only thing was that my mouth area (when I smiled) was dull compared to now.

I don't know.

For me, I feel that white teeth is really just a confidence boost.

I used to HATE smiling with my teeth showing but I smile with my teeth showing all the time now.

But I definitely wouldn't find yellow teeth unattractive.

Guest epicpwnage

I have crooked teeth but they are white. Not perfect white like celebrities, but white. My crooked teeth "suits" me though, thats what ppl say, it gives me a more "cute, innocent" aura. I have yaeba teeth, but not as bad as most Japanese girls ^^"

It's okay =) I'm sure not much ppl notice. Have you tried Crest whitening strips? Theyre great!

Guest Chibee

I have a problem with extremely crooked teeth and missing teeth. Doesn't matter if it's just a bit crooked though.. as for yellow teeth, I also have a problem with it. It doesn't have to be mega white, it just has to look clean.

Guest soompichique

i dont really see it in person unless that person with the yellow teeth are smiling and standing right next to someone with ultra white teeth. i have a bit of a yellow teeth and it shows up in pictures T.T especially when im standing next to my friend who has the PEARLY white teeths haha makes me so self conscious. i heard crest white strips works pretty well but i haven't been able to get them for myself yet i kinda lag a bit. Should try checking them out

Guest mzpoonie

That's whywhite strips were invented! They really do work, unforth for me my gums got a bit sensitive to the Crest strips after awhile so I have just been getting my teeth cleaned every 6 mths at the dentist and use whitening toothpaste and mouthwash instead :)

Guest yummyO

DO NOT USE LISTERINE WHITENING STRIP!!! THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!! i used them a few times, and everytime i do, i teeth felt funny, it feels like they are about to fall off, like literally....and the feelings still there the next morning, it wont go away until i eat something.

use go smile tooth paste :) it works wonder~!!!!

Guest agentdevil5656

Originally I had okay-white teen then I had some-what yellow teeth during my early braces stage (then i whitened it)

But I feel like yellow teeth really does feel like a turn off.. I remember for a week after my braces I felt so conscious and didn't want to smile

Then whitening, made it better...

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

As long as it is a light shade of yellow then it is basically unnoticeable...But if their teeth is like really darkly stained and kinda like pee yellow colored? Then Yeah I would question about that persons hygiene.

its not that i wouldnt date someone with yellow teeth, but when i look at someone with yellow teeth, i automatically think of a smoker which is a nono for me.. yeh its a bit unattractive. Idk how to fix it.. umm.. try bleaching them again?

Archived