[UPCOMING] [TAIWAN DRAMA 2011] 絕對達令 ABSOLUTE BOYFRIEND

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

WU ZUN, KOO HYE SUN
Wu Chun to star in “Absolute Boyfriend” remake with Goo Hye Sun?

Over a year ago, netizens were tricked by fake news originating from a Chinese online discussion board regarding a Taiwanese remake of “Absolute Boyfriend”, where the rumor spread the news that it would star Fahrenheit’s boy band member Wu Chun and Taiwanese singer Jolin Tsai. This false report came shortly after the success of the Japanese live-action drama of the same name, which was itself based on the manga of the same name. Fast forward to now, and news is circulating once again that Taiwanese broadcast station GTV will remake the hugely popular Japanese drama. The male lead attached to this Taiwanese remake? None other than Wu Chun himself.

News of a Taiwanese remake appear to be more substantiated this time around, as Taiwanese media and not bored netizens from a Chinese discussion board are reporting this news. Unlike previous false reports that imaginatively paired up Wu Chun with Jolin, the supposed remake will instead pair the Fahrenheit stud with Korean actress Goo Hye Sun of Korean drama “Boys Over Flowers” fame.

If GTV’s production of the Taiwanese remake holds true, then it would mark the third time this year that a Taiwanese drama is helmed by at least one lead Korean actor or actress. The two previously mentioned dramas are the Taiwanese live-action drama adaptation of Japanese manga “Hayate the Combat Butler”, with Korean actress Park Shin Hye of Korean drama “You are Beautiful” cast alongside Taiwanese actor George Hu; and the Taiwanese live-action drama “Extravagant Challenge” adapted from Japanese manga “Skip Beat!”, which has Korean boy band Super Junior’s Choi Siwon and Lee Donghae cast alongside Taiwanese actress Ariel Lin.

Wu Chun continues to be a hot commodity to drama producers since his starring role in 2006’s Taiwanese drama “Tokyo Juliet” with Ariel Lin. His monetary value as an actor only escalated since his last broadcast lead role in “Romantic Princess” with Angela Chang, and is already in the final stages in his lead role with Taiwanese actress Rainie Yang for upcoming drama "Sunshine Angel". He along with Rainie were in fact paired together in order to boost ratings in response to losing the ratings game against rival Taiwanese channel SETTV.

For Korean actress Hye Sun, she surged in popularity following her lead role in Korean drama “Boys Over Flowers”, which is itself the third live-action adaptation since the 2001's Taiwanese drama “Meteor Garden” and 2005's Japanese drama “Hana Yori Dango” of the popular Japanese manga. Hye Sun also worked previously with Wu Chun in a tourism collaboration with Fahrenheit, the boy band that Wu Chun is a part of. Since working together in that effort, the two entertainers agreed to work on a future project together.

Goo Hye Sun excited about half-naked Wu Chun for "Absolute Boyfriend"

The Taiwanese remake of "Absolute Boyfriend" has officially been confirmed! South Korean actress Goo Hye Sun of Korean idol drama "Boys over Flowers" fame will indeed be tapped to star with Taiwanese actor and boy band Fahrenheit member Wu Chun for the Taiwanese live-action manga adaptation and Japanese idol drama remake of cult favorite "Absolute Boyfriend".

At yesterday's press conference announcing news of the remake, Hye Sun confessed that when she went on the internet to learn more about her upcoming co-star, she was introduced to the Fahrenheit member's half-naked pictures exposing his muscular upper body. In fact, when pressed about possible intimate scenes with Wu Chun as he plays the cybernetic doll hunk from the original manga, Hye Sun sweetly laughed and replied, "I'm really looking forward to it". This response startled Wu Chun, whom was sitting beside her, and the actor tried to quickly defuse the situation by saying, "You don't have to answer questions about that!"

The production costs for "Absolute" are expected to be on the high-end in terms of Taiwanese dramas. Not only will the drama involve employing CGI to animate the technical aspects of the drama, but also includes the high acting fees in casting incredibly popular Wu Chun and hugely trendy actress Hye Sun. Estimates are hovering at each episode costing roughly half a million yuan.

The two stars for the upcoming "Absolute" drama met again for the first time since their Taiwan tourism promotional collaboration yesterday, where the media was given glimpses of Hye Sun's straightforward disposition contrasting with Wu Chun's more "robotic" manner during the question session of the press conference. And even though the two stars were being photographed throughout the press conference, the pair managed to maintain a relative safe distance from each other throughout. Their distanced was maintained for so long that the media got annoyed and started pressuring the two to be "more intimate" with each other. Wu Chun then nervously asked the Korean interpreter to relay to Hye Sun, "Is it okay if I put my hand on her shoulder?"

Since this is Wu Chun's first time working with the Korean actress in an idol drama capacity, the Taiwanese idol continued to give a good impression to his new co-star. Yet despite Hye Sun's sweet outer appearances, the Korean actress had the same comfortable attitude towards Wu Chun that Wu Chun's previous co-star Ella of Taiwanese girl group S.H.E had towards Wu Chun in previous idol drama "Hana Kimi". The Korean actress further showcased her disposition when she spewed the classic line "Alcohol is my good friend" while she was promoting "Boys" in Taiwan.

About revealing his bare upper body, Wu Chun dimissed the issue yesterday and said, "It's not a big deal for a guy to show his upper body. When I swim, I only wear swimming trunks. Don't get too worked up about this, everyone." On the other hand, after Hye Sun watched the Japanese live-action adaptation of the "Absolute" manga, the actress immediately searched for photos of the half-naked Wu Chun with satisfactory results. She further added at yesterday's conference that Wu Chun has an exceptional body, and that she feels that Wu Chun is as handsome as her previous co-star Lee Min Ho while working with him for "Boys". Yet Hye Sun followed up her own comments by saying that there is no one now that could match Wu Chun for that "I only have eyes for him" feeling.

Guest babiplucki

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/10/goo-hye-sun-to-star-in-absolute-boyfriend

allkpop has posted about this...but i wonder how the language difference is gonna work...it's a taiwanese drama so obviously the show is in mandarin but GHS is KOREAN who only speaks KOREAN...i'm utterly confused...

Guest toGETherONE

i like global collaboration however small/big. this buzz will only grow bigger. i will forgive GHS if she gets more perverted over Chun, whether on interviews or BTS coverage. blush.gif

"Absolute Boyfriend" actress Goo Hye Sun: Wu Chun is hotter than Lee Min Ho!

South Korean Goo Hye Sun made the most of her three day stay in Taiwan following her press conference with Fahrenheit member and fellow co-star Wu Chun for the upcoming live action adaptation of "Absolute Boyfriend". During her time with the muscular hunk, the pair had the chance to spend some quality time together to get to know each other over a meal of hot pot. One of the notable highlights of that particular dinner was when Wu Chun showcased his gentlemanly skills in picking out the highly delicious crab meat and offering it to his South Korean guest.

Following the time Hye Sun spent with her future robot love, the Korean actress took the time to meet with 150 of her fans as she played interactive games and gave out personal tokens such as used perfume (translator's note: WTF?) and an expired personal ID. When the host of the fan meet-and-greet posed the question "Is Wu Chun more handsome than ["Boys Over Flowers" co-star] Lee Min Ho" to Hye Sun, the actress immediately admitted, "Yes!" When followed up with the question as to whether she felt that her answer would offend her previous "Boys" co-star, Hye Sun replied, "If he knew about this, I think he would be a bit sad."

Later in the meet-and-greet, Hye Sun came face-to-leg with a few of her male fans as the host asked the Korean actress what kind of legs she liked most in her ideal perfect lover. During this activity, Hye Sun excited one of her male fans when she chose his leg and replied to her choice by saying, "I like this one. It seems very manly, and has a strong enough manly strength". The male fan responded to his selection with an ecstatic leg swirl to show his appreciation.

Guest kiwistar

eh i was a huge fan of absolute boyfriend, not so much a fan of goo hyesun. I'm indifferent to WuChun, but he looks the part. We'll see...remakes are always iffy

• 6 months later...

As all of you know, Wu Chun unceremoniously dropped out of Absolute Boyfriend for other pursuits and left the crew scrambling to find a new male lead. Now, there is news floating around that the replacement will be none other than Chun's bandmate, Jiro Wang.

Nothing has been confirmed yet and Jiro's management has been stating that Jiro is still concentrating on his mainland movie, 紫宅 (roughly Purple House), and has not thought about his plans afterwards. But nothing has been denied either, so perhaps Jiro will be picking up the baton for Chun.

What do you think of this setup? Will Jiro succeed this time? Or will he continue his losing streak in ratings?

• Guest locked this topic

Archived