Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

GEORGE HU, PARK SHIN HYE, BENJI
Title: 旋風管家 / Xuan Feng Guan Jia

Genre: Romance

Broadcast network: GTV

Broadcast period: 2011

Synopsis

George Hu plays a man who is buried by his parents' gambling debts. With no way to pay back the money, he thought about going to the dark side by getting into the kidnap and ransom business. But instead of becoming a kidnapper, he ended up saving a girl from a real kidnapping. The girl turned out to be the sole heir of a conglomerate who faced these kinds of threats every day. In a case of kidnapping gone wrong vs. mistaken love confession, she hires him to be her butler and helps repay his parents' debts. Grateful to have gangster collectors off his back, he vows to protect her from harms, which is no easy task.

Cast

George Hu

Park Shin Hye

Benji

Lee Shiau Shiang

Luo Hong Zheng

Tia Li (李毓芬)

Original novel (manga): Hayate the Combat Butler by Kenjiro Hata

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

Im looking yet not looking forward to this...

but i will give it a try.

i love hayate the anime. but don't know.

Cant wait to see PSH back into small screen. Is she gonna speak mandarin in this series or it'll be dubbed with someone else's voice?

• 3 weeks later...

"Hayate" filming postponed to give their characters a makeover

GTV previously announced their new drama project, “Hayate the Combat Butler” at the Taipei Television Festival back in September. But its filming has been put on hold for almost a month now because their initial character images were unsatisfactory, and lacking prestige. While they were getting a makeover, lead actress Park Shin Hye went back to Korea for a month break. She returned just a few days ago to resume filming with the rest of the cast. Tia Li, who’s playing the house maid in the drama, was not in her maid wardrobe; instead, she looked elegant with her curled hair and high heels.

George Hu was spotted chatting with Tia, and so the media asked if he had been mesmerized by the model, but George quickly explained, “I was only asking her how to set up a micro-blog.” It turned out that George has been quite outdated with the internet. With many celebs opening micro-blogs lately, George also wanted to hop onto the bandwagon. Tia simply instructed, “Just write what ever you like, and that’s it!”

It is GTV’s first time working with a Korean actress; taking things seriously, they asked all the actors to rehearse the script at the production company before filming. Tia expressed that she is very nervous as it is her first drama (she had a cameo role in Summer’s Desire), but she also feels very lucky to be working with George, complimenting that he’s polite and good looking.

• 7 months later...
Guest toGETherONE

Been waiting too long for this one to release. So it's a summer show to improve ratings? Does it really matter since today's media advance so well? LOL!

I will definitely watch this and waiting for Wu Chun/Rainie's "Sunshine Angel(?)."

Guest theotherwoman

I only reason why I would watch this... is because of Park Shin Hye...

So I'm really excited.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I bit the bullet and watched the first episode on Viki. It was pretty good there were some part that were draggy but overall I like this drama. I love both PSH and GH together. I'm looking forward to the next ep! Do they only show one ep a week? I HATE THAT!

Guest prisonerzero

So is PSH Chinese bad or good in this thing? Haha. My Chinese is too beginner to know if someone knows how to speak it well or not.

I like George Hu so I may give this a try, although the plot isn't really sticking out to me.

Guest tru32urluv

The drama is a bit cheesy, but its totally cute because ShinHye and George have such cute chemistry.

The drama is a bit cheesy, but its totally cute because ShinHye and George have such cute chemistry.

Haha totally agree! The drama is a bit cheesy but then the cast has great chemistry jus that its a bit weird hearing a dubber for Shin Hye haha trying to get use to it.

For those that are debating on the drama, i would say give it a try if you are bored its an enjoyable drama

Archived