[Drama 2010] Once Upon a Time in Saengchori 원스 어폰 어 타임 인 생초리

Guest yeohweping

I haven't really caught up to the most recent episode but I just wanna say that I'm enjoying the drama A LOT so far. I love that each character has their own personality, their own quirks. I honestly can't imagine any of these guys as the killer. Hopefully when things are revealed, we are given logical and satisfactory explanations.

I gotta say, I think my favourite dynamic on the show is actually Nayoung and Stiff Boss. I love that Minsung pretty much looks down on anyone else, but he has a soft spot for this girl. I think more than anyone, it's his platonic friendship with Nayoung that will, crack that ice that's enclosing his heart, lol.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, I hope they're not gonna push for a Nayoung/Minsung pairing cos that would be disturbing. That's like Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift, only creepier :blink:

I just found out that the people behind Saengchori are the people behind High Kick series. And although I generally loved High Kick series, I hated hated hated the ending. They have a tendency to pull a last minute banjun twist and I despised it so much. Hopefully it's not happening here.

Idk about the pairings deeta as it looks like MS may help JM and EJ who seem to be in sync with each other....I think they need to get beyond the shock of the declaration and in touch with their own feelings for each other because there is the undercurrent of affection there.  EJ just has not realized why she is so at ease with JM and includes him soo much in her life (at least before he declared his feelings).

So far MS has caught them kissing seemingly two times now.....He may play cupid like he played santa to NY.  What did the fortune teller lady tell Mr. Lee about NY?  Since she is helping MS with his work, I wonder if she will get recognition and a promotion...lol

Epi 11 (which is partially subbed) had me in tears....Mr. Lee is shameless.  I love both scenarios surrounding the cameras... :w00t:  Serves him right for violating someone's privacy. 

This drama is fun.

Guest Hanachio

OMG, I hope they're not gonna push for a Nayoung/Minsung pairing cos that would be disturbing. That's like Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift, only creepier :blink:

Agree! Her look and voice makes me see her like a 13 years girl @_@

So far MS has caught them kissing seemingly two times now.....He may play cupid like he played santa to NY.  What did the fortune teller lady tell Mr. Lee about NY?  Since she is helping MS with his work, I wonder if she will get recognition and a promotion...lol

I think the lady said that when she looks as Nayoung, she feels like Nayoung is gonna be somebody huge in the future, like she would become succesful. Silly Mr Mansu takes that to mean Nayoung might be a danger to his position, lol.

Hanachio, I was so surprised when I googled the actress. Turns out she's actually 22!! Dang, she must get ID-ed a lot. She could pass for a 15 year old!

Yoon Shiyoon is gonna be in the next episode!! w00t.gifw00t.gif He's gonna be doing a parody of Secret Garden too with Nayoung(altho, come on, secret garden parody, that's so 2 weeks ago).

I'm seriously excited to see what would be the outcome of Eunjoo and Minsuk getting struck by the lightning together. Would their brain switch? Would their personality?? Oooh, this is really intriguing.

That was stupid of EJ to try and take that metal pole from MS, but I'm looking forward to the mayhem that will ensue.  She does have this need to help him.:P

It looks like she will be helping him too with his math, and maybe replacing NY although EJ did not strike me as being that bright.???  So MS is still a dummy, but I will be glad when his skill returns and see how they deal with his relationship with EJ once it comes back and he no longer needs her help; or if she shows up for his mother's surgery along with his gf.  What will the siblings think?

Deeta, I have not watched HK and do not  know what a "banjun" twist is, but this drama has been playing tricks all along with the romances imo.  I just hope it does not drag or lose steam.  It's almost done and the murder still has to be solved along with who those new villagers are....

Guest Hanachio

I feel sorry about Ji Min , but definelly I prefer the Min Sung and Eun Joo pair! They are so cute together and I love the ray when they touch LOL

But need to wait and see... this show is more and more strange every chapter ! xD

I´m happy to see KimtakGoo too and the "secret garden" scene *funny*

I feel sorry about Ji Min , but definelly I prefer the Min Sung and Eun Joo pair! They are so cute together and I love the ray when they touch LOL

But need to wait and see... this show is more and more strange every chapter ! xD

I feel for JM too and hope they give him someone if pairing EJ with MS.  Oh, I definitely prefer JM with EJ as EJ has not shown what she offers MS based on their interactions which have been sparse imo.  Cute can only take you so far and then there must be substance or meat to the relationship.  Perhaps that has been the issue with her and JM; it was all cute and comfortable.. .too comfortable as he makes it easy for her to come or not.....Pressure is needed JM.:lol:

This drama has fooled me on more than one occasion so I will just sit back and enjoy who ever pairs up because I'm sure that we will be getting much more whacked out chapters now that there are seven more to go.  Can't wait to see how this kiss actually happened.... I hope it was not an accident like the last time, but deliberate and not a competition with JM. 

Fool me once show, shame on you, but fool me twice... Hmph, it's a woman prerogative.^_^

EDIT

I loved HV.  That was a great drama....Loved every bit of it.

Crazy plot twists in Saengchori fighting!

This show reminds me of last year's "Harvest Villa", which was great.  Both dramas are different from the usual fare on the more main-stream K-drama shows.

I can hardly wait for the twist and turns before the mysteries are unraveled.  :D

Ep. 12 was hilarious with the spoofs on "Secret Garden".:w00t:  And, I like the new character to pair up with NY.  I hope things turn out for them.  And, that he's not just playing with her.-_-

Ok, we all know all's fair in love and war....  Here is how this drama interprets that time-honored saying

MS has to kiss EJ as this helps him regain his math skills!  

:w00t:  

And I would not wish anyone to be involved with CEO's family---NY and his son.  Those ppl are crazy.....Are you joking?

Dang, this show is madness! I can't honestly buy how Minsung can regain his math skills by kissing Eunjoo. That just reeks of plot device. Hope it gets explained.

But I gotta say that I thought the leading up to the kiss was handled really well. I think Ha Sukjin and Lee Youngeun have more chemistry together, even tho their characters haven't necessarily interacted that much.

Yoon Shiyoon was so hilarious. He's SOOOO into Secret Garden that he's just literally copying Joowon's mannerism, down to the speech style and dialogue, lol. I love the earlier part in the bakery where he was explaining about where the korean word for bread comes from, a bakery expert that he is, haha. I kinda wish his loveline with Nayoung is explored, they are really cute together.

all i have are big smiles now :wub::rolleyes:blush.gif:wub: :wub:. even if i haven't watched episode 13 yet, i already felt i will be smiling all the time watching it.

i am really cheering for minsuk and eunjoo since the beginning. hope this will go all the way!

Guest adikkeluangman

Yoon Si Yoon and Nam Bora to re-enact Secret Garden’s famous sit-up scene

Yoon Si Yoon and Nam Bora will be re-enacting the famous ’sit-up’ scene from SBS’s hit drama, “Secret Garden“!

The two will be parodying the roles of ‘Ra-Im’ and ‘Juwon’ respectively for the January 28th broadcast of tvN’s drama, “Once Upon A Time In Sangchori.”

Yoon Si Yoon will be playing the role of CEO Park Gyu’s son, who briefly makes a visit to Korea. His father offers to buy him a sports car if he goes down to Sangchori and brings back his sister. While there, he sees Nam Bora, who plays the role of ‘Nayoung,’ and immediately falls in love.

By parodying “Secret Garden,” he follows her around by copying ‘Juwon-style’ tactics in an effort to earn her heart. While chasing her up a hill, he pretends to fall and grabs his ankle. Nayoung asks for him to get up until he claims, “You’re going to regret this, are you sure?“ He then lifts himself up and holds his face close to hers, in exact replica of the ’sit-up scene’ out of “Secret Garden.”

The two already have experience working together from “Death Bell 2,” bringing out further anticipation from fans of the series.

Producers commented, “Thanks to Yoon Si Yoon making a special performance, the film set was full of energy. We hope that their parody of ‘Secret Garden’ will provide joy to our viewers.”

The episode will air at 10 PM KST on January 28th through cable channel tvN.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/yoon-si-yoon-and-nam-bora-to-re-enact-secret-gardens-famous-sit-up-scene

Guest skksaddict

yay!!!! apparently this thread exist!! i never found this thread.. woohoo~~~

anyway, man... this drama is super awesome and super funny!!!

love mr palli palli!!! hehehe i still can't figure out out what the mystery is... the latest episodes are more focusing on MJ and ES... 

i wished more ppl are watching this drama~~~

Guest darkshadows

palli,palli! i love this drama. what a sleeper it is.  they even played "she" for the dance. i don't see why this drama is not more popular.i was laughing so hard. this drama is cool too cuz they bring in new characters  in almost every other episode and the the murder mystery is cool too

Archived