[Drama 2010] Smile, Dong-hae / Smile Again 웃어라 동해야

Guest fanda4000

Last Episode 159

HS, DB My husband Chief Kim Joon. When is operation succeeds, take him. My husband has been lonely this entire time while he was with me. You should stand by him no.

BY, Assistant Manager, you've been here? What's wrong with your outfits? Well you two are looking good, so it's not that horrible though. But you look funny. SW don't you think? SW, What are you doing here? Look at yourself. DH, SW stop. Why don't you ask her what we talked about before? DJ, What happen to the baby? I was told that there's the baby. Is it true? Are you still carrying my baby? SW, Yes I'm still pregnant. DJ, Why did you lie to me? Why?  SW, Because I hated you. I wanted to bother you. Because you didn't seem to want this baby as much as I do. And it hurt me! You used to say that you wanted to be a good father. So DJ let's go. Go with me and surrender yourself to be a proud father to you baby.

KJ, Honey, Honey, give me some water. DB, James the President is not here. She left. KJ, She left? Where? Where did she go? DB, She just left. She asked me to take care of you and left. And she wished out happiness. She said that you've been lonely while you've been with her, so she told me to be with you before she left. KJ, No! She probably didn't go very far yet. She's probably crying somewhere near here. Although she looks tough, but she can easily get hurt, and broken like a glass. DB, Jame. KJ, Please, look for her before she goes far away. I can't let her leave! I'll find her! DB, James! KJ, I have to find her.

BY, Is it really okay to leave SW and DJ alone? DH, I believe SW will convince DJ from her heart. BY, I hope you're right. DH, Anyways, I'm physcially exhausted but I feel good. I don't know what DJ felt, but I realized that he and I are really brothers. And I see what I should do for DJ from now on. BY, Good.

SW, DJ come with me. Your parents are waiting for you as well. Aren't you worried about them? DJ, If I go with you, I'll get punished. SW, Do it. Surrender yourself, and pay the price. You should get punished and live a new life! DJ, It's easy for you to say! Just go. Leave me alone! SW, Okay. If you don't go with me. I'll think of it as if you abandoned me and our baby. This baby will be my child only. Like DH and Anna were, our baby will just live with me without knowing who his father is. Is it okay? Okay then.

DB, James, are you sick? I'll call the doctor. KJ, No, no. Not the doctor. I need you to look for DJ's mom. Everything is clear now. Although, I've missed you so far, but my wife is a part of my life. She and I have been through everything for 28 years. We've shared many things whether it's good or not. We've lived together like that. DB, James. KJ, DJ's mom is like air to me. I didn't know how important she was to me because she's always been with me. DB, I wanted you to be happy with President not to live with her and pity her. DH told me that you're just someone in the past to me. Am I just someone in the past to you as well? Although, I'm not smart, but I know that James you like the President. I'll look for her and bring her here. Don't get sick James.

HS, Don't do this. Just let me go. DB, No! James is looking for you. James likes you more than me. He said that you're like air to him and I'm just someone in his past. Now I wish you and James happiness. You should be with him and protect him, okay.

PJ, Are you ready to go to school? Bring me your agenda. SG, Dad, There no school tomorrow. No school. PJ, That's good! K-Jae, By the way, where is BY? Did she visit your FIL? SO, Oh no, I forgot to tell you. BY call and she went to the East Coast to find her BIL with her husband. K-Jae, The East Coast? They should find him early. Mrs. DB is probably very worried. PJ, SG what's wrong? Something wrong about the corn? You want a drink? SG, It's not about the corn. I feel heavy because of you. I tried to help you get married to DB. But you didn't get married. You're so.....PJ, Oh my You're......... KJ, I'm sorry to call you so late. I have a favor to ask of you. PJ, A favor?

PJ, Why did you come here again? I thought you went into the hotel. BD, I'm going to forget James now. James is no longer DB's James. PJ, Something happened to KJ? Is he serious? He can't survive even if he got a surgery? DB, James and DB are just in each others past now. James said the president is like air to him, but I'm just someone in his past. PJ, DB you should think of me Lee Pil-jae from now on. I won't be someone in your memories. I'll be with you for the rest of my life.

MS, What? Chief Kim? PY, What are you talking about? Why didn't you tell us earlier that he got have a sugery?! DH, He didn't want you to worry about him because of grandpa's health. Even though he didn't want me to tell you. I thought you should know this. And he didn't want to show him lying in bed. MS, I need too go to the hospital and see how he is myself. DH, No, Grandma. You two should be here. You shouldn't get shocked. He was worried about it as well. BY, Listen to him. It's better for everyone to lighten each other's worries. Grandma. PY, Let's listen to them. MS, How is DB? She left home early. Where is she now? I'm worried about her if she's crying somewhere. BY, Mother is with my uncle now. Don't worry about her.

MS, DJ will come. So you shouldn't worry about anything and endure during the operation. KJ, I'm sorry to say this, but I want to see you first, when I open my eyes after the surgery. K-Jae, I'm sorry for you. HS, You must be busy. Thank you for coming here. K-Jae, No problem. You're my daughter's FIL.... Well, we are kind of a family now. We should visit you. SY, Be strong Chief Kim. DH, Father, I'm back. BY, Father, how are you? DH, I'm not enough as his brother, I couldn't keep my word. I'm sorry. But he know how you were so he'll come. So, Father, be strong and endure well during the operation. KJ, I will. Thank you for everything. And please take care of DJ.

SD, I'm in front of the police station. I'll surrender. BY I was sorry. And DJ also will surrender soon. Lee Bong-ee. Take care and live happily with DH.

DJ, I came. I'm sorry. I'm late, I'm sorry. KJ, It's okay. You cam anyways, thank you. Thank you so much. DJ, I'm so sorry. You're sick because of me. I've hurt you so much. KJ, DJ look at me. Once you took the wrong way, that doesn't mean you life is ended. You're too young to regret your mistake for the rest of your life. You can start again. DH, You should survive. I want you to see DJ and I are together.

A Year Later

DS, Is this just food or a masterpiece of art? It's just perfect Mrs. Lee Bongee. BY, Come on DS. Please don't call me that in the kitchen? SA, I know You've been telling him that for a year and he keeps calling you that. DS, I will Mrs. Lee. DH, Is the cake made from the rice ready? Let me see. Who made this? BY, I did it. This is for the worlds greastest bride. Get rid of the decorations and make a new one by noon. Why don't you answer me Cook Lee Bong-ee? BY, Yes, Sir. DH, Do your best. DS, He has charisma. SA, This look good. He's too obstinate. Bong-ee are you alright? BY, SA you should rethink about marriage. Marriage is a trap. Who would know he would change like that! SA, You're right we can't trust men.

SN, Ki-nam, Are we newlyweds? We should enjoy being newlyweds now, not feeding our grandchildren. KN, You should be happy to take care of our grandchildren. Our SIL passed the bar exam and our daughter is a famous model. We should do this for them. SN, One, two, three! We're taking care of three kids. We're having a hard time trying to have a newlyweds life. I'm really sorry. KN, Come on. Don't be sorry. I'm happy to have a daily life with you!

TH, Make way she's my wife! SY, It's been awhile! Our kids might forget who you are! TH, I'm going to deal out justice. There's no time to care for personal life. SY, Why do you talk like that? Do I look like a judge doing this. SY, You don't need to pretend to be a judge. You passed the bar exam anyways, just become a real judge! You're mind. No one can hit on you! TH, Are you happy?

K-Jae, Hurry up we might be late! SO, Is it already time to go? I should do my hair to drop by SN's salon. Welcome my future judge! Everytime I see you you're getting more handsome. Whose son are you? TH, How is your kimchi business? SO, The oders increase more and more. We don't have anymore debt now. We raised the employee's salary. Never been better. K-Jae, By the way, who will be at the wedding? Will President Hong be there?

BY, Wha'ts wrong with DH? He rushed as if he was in danger and made me make this cake! Why hasn't he come yet? Manger this is the cake that you ordered specially. DH, Good job, Cook Lee Bong-ee. You two, why don't you carry this cake to the Wedding Hall? BY, The Wedding Hall?

DH, Bong-ee, We couldn't get married properly a year ago, becasue grandpa collapsed. We don't even have one wedding photo. That bothers me all the time. I've been really sorry for you. We should've done it earlier. I've delayed our wedding because president Hong left and I had to take care of the Hainan project. I love you Lee Bong-ee. Will you marry me again? BY, Yes DH! I can get married as many times as you want if you were the one who proposed to me! DH, There will be special guess at our wedding today. Let's get married properly!

YJ, Aren't you a servant of Assistant Manager of Camellia? SD, You look pretty, but what you said isn't. It's been a while YJ. YJ, How do you remember my name? By the way are you going somewhere? SD, I'm going to New York where my father is. What about you? YJ, I guess I won't get bored on the way. I'm going to New York too. SD, Then go with me, YJ. I'll carry it.

Lady, You're anchor, Kim Joon, right? KJ, Yes I am. Lady, You went to Africa to do volunteer work with your wife. Are you returning? KJ, My son is getting married.

SW, Well I feel like something really happy will happen to me today. I don't know why. If I have good news. I'll let you know tomorrow. Let's meet tomorrow. You've been with Yoon Sae-wa of KTN in Choonchun. Have a happy and lovely day. Sa-rang let's go. Uncle DH is getting married today. DJ, I came. I got out. SW, I know. I read it in the news paper. I've been waiting for you. DJ, Is this our baby? He looks much better then in the photo that DH sent me. Give him to me. I want to hold him. I won't lose you. I will never lose you and the baby.

DJ, Brother, Father, Mother. HS, Good to see you. I'm proud of you. DJ, Father how is you health? KJ, I'm good as you see. Your mother has been taking care of me well. I'm proud of you. HS, You must be Sa-rang? Oh my. He looks just like his father. Thank you. You've probably had a hard time to raise the baby alone. Thank you so much.

PY, Welcome Kim Joon, Good to see you Hye-sook. MS, Hye-sook, HS, Ma'am. DB, President. PY, You endured well, I'm proud of you. DB, James. PJ, Welcome back. How's you health? KJ, Good, I'm good. DH, Excuse me, I have to change now.

DJ, Brother! Thank you for taking care of SW and my baby while I was gone. And congratulations. DH, You!

Messager, Kim Dong-hae's housekeeper told me that he was getting married here. Where should I go to meet him?

KN, The Groom and the Bride will enter. The Groom and Bride! Enter!  Give them a big hand.

DH, Thank you! Everyone must be busy. But you came here to celebrate our second wedding. We really appreciate that. This time Bong-ee and I will......

Message, Kim Dong-hae! You got mail from the court! SO, The court? Why did the court send mail to him? K-Jae, Wait. I'll take that. Thank you very much. Everyone! Don't worry. My SIL and his mother finally became Korean! And their Kim, Dong-hae and Cho Dong-baek now!

DH, Thank you! We'll live well. No matter the hardships that come, and whether we're happy or sad, I won't lose my wife Lee Bong-ee and live with her forever until death do us part. Everyone! I love you all from my heart. I love you all!     Kimchi! Kimchi!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you awsparkle for all the hard work you put into giving us the summaries. You really made it worth while to stick with the series.

Thanks!!!!

And thanks to all the other contributors as well. Thanks for the episode translations, snapshots, uploads and comments. This was a fun thread.

THANKS!

I felt lost today without my daily dose of Smile Dong-hae. It was fun to be a part of this thread. Farhah1986, bonds, noomma, gerryg you guys made it even more fun. Thank you Semi-fly for the pictures everyday. Thank you lj3k99 and s@nbi for the translations of the written previews.

What did you think about what KJ told DB. We all predicted that KJ would stay with HS since she and DJ were in so much trouble, and would need him. After seeing the last ep with the subtitles I was really shocked with KJ and how he felt about HS.

I felt lost today without my daily dose of Smile Dong-hae. It was fun to be a part of this thread. Farhah1986, bonds, noomma, gerryg you guys made it even more fun. Thank you Semi-fly for the pictures everyday. Thank you lj3k99 and s@nbi for the translations of the written previews.

What did you think about what KJ told DB. We all predicted that KJ would stay with HS since she and DJ were in so much trouble, and would need him. After seeing the last ep with the subtitles I was really shocked with KJ and how he felt about HS.

I didn't see the last episode left- if he indeed said that about her, then all that I can say is that he said it to let Anna go in the best way the authors knew how.

It was a cop out on their part because they had no idea on how tore solve the ending between them and still keep it family oriented. Having him leave his wife of 28-years and be together with Anna would have shaken the family values. And having him stay with HS and DJ out of duty would have also shaken family values. The authors spent too much time on the fall of DJ and not enough on the resolution of the relationship between HS-KJ-Anna.

So that line- without me even seeing it, it was a cop out.

Guest farhah1986

me too,I'm also lost after Smile,Dong Hae end and don't know what to do to fill my day...I'm waiting Ji Chang Wook drama to air so I can see him more in future work.I'm actually has become his fan since this drama..

me too,I'm also lost after Smile,Dong Hae end and don't know what to do to fill my day...I'm waiting Ji Chang Wook drama to air so I can see him more in future work.I'm actually has become his fan since this drama..

I've also became a fan of Ji Change Wook from this drama. 

If you're looking for something to watch there's a new one called Baby Face Beauty/Pretty Young Woman. Ep 5 aired today.  It's a comedy. It's only a Monday, Tuesday one but I'm enjoying it.. I had said I wasn't going to watch anymore long dramas but I had time on my hands and started the new one which replaced SDH. I'm not sure about this one yet. I'll probably watch a few more eps to see if it gets interesting.

Just finished watching the final episode and I'm feeling lost already.  Gonna miss this drama, especially DH and BY.

By the way, is Anna engaged to PJ?  Because she's wearing a diamond ring.

DJ and SN are jailed for a year only?  That's a pretty short period for such a crime.  I'm wondering, why must the writer pair SN with YJ in the end?  So that everyone has a partner?

So, DH is actually married to BY since they never show them living together in a new home.  I'm not surprise that they have a second wedding since the first was ruined.  But to have it a  year later, I thought it is too long a period for BY to have waited.  I would rather see BY with a baby or that she's pregnant one year later.  I find it funny that DH has to be so stern to BY on the wedding cake since she's already his wife and he has been so loving towards her in the past.

As much as we know that KJ will choose to be with HS in the end, and Anna will never be with KJ, somehow, I feel sorry for Anna.  KJ keeps telling her to wait for him and innocently she has.  But he turns around telling her that she's his past.  KJ really needs a good hard spank.  He has been hurting two women and two sons all along.  HS and DJ have been hurting Anna and DH all this while and yet KJ does nothing to protect them.  He only does it worse by hurting HS and DJ more than ever.  I've never liked how he handles everything.

HS is still the president of the hotel?  After what she has done?!  Which investor or shareholder can ever trust her?  And DH still remains as the departmental manager?  He should be promoted to a much higher level, after all the hard work he has put in and all the troubles he has solved.  GP and GM must be really proud of him.

Didn't know they had a variety show for the casts on 17 May.  Downloading it now.  Can't wait to watch it later.

Thanks, Semi-fly, Awsparkle,  Lj3k99 and S@nbi, Noomma, Farhah1986, and everyone for all your hard work, contributions, translations, explanations, etc.  I enjoy watching this drama because of you. Gonna miss you guys in here.

Ji Chang Wook portrayed as Dong Hae was impressive.  And Oh Ji Eun as a kind-hearted girl was sweet.  Can't wait to watch their future dramas and movies.  However, I don't really like sageuk drama.  But I will give it a try on Ji Chang Wook's upcoming drama in July.

Gosh, I don't know what to watch now.  But it won't be a long drama for sure.  I'm waiting for City Hunter which will start next week, because of Lee Joon Hyuk.

Is anyone watching Lie To Me?  Is it nice?

What about The Sons Of Sol Pharmacy House?  Because Ji Chang Wook was in it.

I just caught the episode where Anna finally reunites with her parents & even tho' I had advance notice the reunion was gonna be a major tearfest; I was still taken aback at the poignant scenes that unfolded at the adoption center. I'm a guy & I duly admit that I got teary eyed watching this episode! :tears:

This reunion is very touching indeed. I can't imagine seeing any parents' teary reunion with their lost long daughter / son in reality. The parents, especially the mother's yearning for her child, her pain and guilt must be heart-rending.

Thanks, semi-fly, for the link to the Win Win torrent. :) It was nice to see the interaction between the castmates and good to see "Saewa" smiling and happy as herself. This actress is very talented and very concincing as someone that you want reach through the screen and give a good smacking to, so I'm always worried whether or not the fans can recognize that it's only a well-played act. :unsure: The best part of the show is the fact that they basically built the entire episode around Do Ji-won , who, as Anna Laker, is reason why I have faihfully tuned in to this little ditty (Anna has just met her parents, as mentioned, on the west coast.) I met Do Ji-won as the battered, but not yet defeated housewife turned mixed martial arts fighter in Punch Lady and later caught her in the outstanding Three Brothers series. As the cast assuredly must have been saying, it is her delightful presense that drove the series. You can also tell that her background as a dancer made all the difference in making her character come to life. Anna's rigid and stilted movements require an amazing amount of core strength which DJW appears to have in spades. I also enjoyed to seeing the commercial featuring her as a young talent. It seems remarkable that, even alongside a much younger, very attractive cast, she still appears to radiate the brightest. She could pass for Donghae's sister as easily as she does his mother... :phew:

Just finished watching the final episode and I'm feeling lost already.  Gonna miss this drama, especially DH and BY.

By the way, is Anna engaged to PJ?  Because she's wearing a diamond ring.

DJ and SN are jailed for a year only?  That's a pretty short period for such a crime.  I'm wondering, why must the writer pair SN with YJ in the end?  So that everyone has a partner?

So, DH is actually married to BY since they never show them living together in a new home.  I'm not surprise that they have a second wedding since the first was ruined.  But to have it a  year later, I thought it is too long a period for BY to have waited.  I would rather see BY with a baby or that she's pregnant one year later.  I find it funny that DH has to be so stern to BY on the wedding cake since she's already his wife and he has been so loving towards her in the past.

As much as we know that KJ will choose to be with HS in the end, and Anna will never be with KJ, somehow, I feel sorry for Anna.  KJ keeps telling her to wait for him and innocently she has.  But he turns around telling her that she's his past.  KJ really needs a good hard spank.  He has been hurting two women and two sons all along.  HS and DJ have been hurting Anna and DH all this while and yet KJ does nothing to protect them.  He only does it worse by hurting HS and DJ more than ever.  I've never liked how he handles everything.

HS is still the president of the hotel?  After what she has done?!  Which investor or shareholder can ever trust her?  And DH still remains as the departmental manager?  He should be promoted to a much higher level, after all the hard work he has put in and all the troubles he has solved.  GP and GM must be really proud of him.

Didn't know they had a variety show for the casts on 17 May.  Downloading it now.  Can't wait to watch it later.

Thanks, Semi-fly, Awsparkle,  Lj3k99 and S@nbi, Noomma, Farhah1986, and everyone for all your hard work, contributions, translations, explanations, etc.  I enjoy watching this drama because of you. Gonna miss you guys in here.

Ji Chang Wook portrayed as Dong Hae was impressive.  And Oh Ji Eun as a kind-hearted girl was sweet.  Can't wait to watch their future dramas and movies.  However, I don't really like sageuk drama.  But I will give it a try on Ji Chang Wook's upcoming drama in July.

Gosh, I don't know what to watch now.  But it won't be a long drama for sure.  I'm waiting for City Hunter which will start next week, because of Lee Joon Hyuk.

Is anyone watching Lie To Me?  Is it nice?

What about The Sons Of Sol Pharmacy House?  Because Ji Chang Wook was in it.

No Anna is not engaged to PJ. There's a part in the last ep where MS, HS, and DB touch hands and all three are wearing the same ring. MS had explained to BY about the three rings in another ep. She was saving the rings to be worn by her and her two daughters once she found DB.

I also thought a year was such a short time to be jailed for their crimes. HS didn't receive any punishment for her part in the crime. I always thought YJ and SN were better suited for each other. They both were clinging to someone who had no interest in them and thought there money could buy love.

I don't think BY waited for DH a year. They were considered as husband and wife. The staff called her Mrs. Lee Bongee. She asked the staff not to call her that in he kitchen. This part of the ending to me was lacking. The writer failed to include their living together as husband and wife. Also BY and DH were the only ones with no babies. Which was a disappointment to me. 

I'm currently watching Baby Faced Beauty, The Greatest Love and Romance Town. All are romance comedies. Lie to me is on my list to start watching. I've read good things about it. All three comedies are short dramas.None over 20 eps.

i'm also still watching this on KBSW and it's just the episode after Anna is reunited with her parents.

What's unbelievable to me, is that the time span in the story.. it's only about 100 days since Gang and San were born (same day as Saewa's wedding)?  

So all those craziness events happened in about 4 months time since pretty much the beginning of the story? 

I think from this point on, until the end before they jump 1 year, there also wouldn't much time different.

159 episodes took us 6 months to watch this drama from beginning to end..

So the episodes timeline is pretty much the same or even slower than real time. 

This reunion is very touching indeed. I can't imagine seeing any parents' teary reunion with their lost long daughter / son in reality. The parents, especially the mother's yearning for her child, her pain and guilt must be heart-rending.

I just wished that the eng subbed didn't cut out scenes...

Although this drama has ended more than 2 weeks ago, I still can't get over it.  I'm missing Donghae and Bonyi.

Awsparkle, I've actually forgotten about the 3 rings that GM had bought for them.  I wish Anna was engaged to PJ.  But maybe not since they didn't want to complicate the relationships among them, with Donghae and Bongyi being husband and wife already.

By the way, thanks for the recommendation of Baby-faced Beauty.  Didn't know Jang Nara is acting in it.  It's a nice comedy.  Don't know if it's because she is without make-up, she seems to have aged abit.  I'm also watching Lie To Me.

Noomma, you mean KBS World has censored some interesting part of this drama?!  But why?!  Not that there is any naked scene in it, right?

And I'm glad that Oh Ji Eun aka Bonyi, has the lead role in Gwanggaeto the Great, which is broadcasting this coming Saturday.  I'll be watching it because of her although I can never appreciate history.

Archived