Anime/Manga moments that made you cry?

atashi bunny

Guest moo_lah

Elfen Lied
Grave of the Fireflies
Clannad
Death Note (I was so emotionally attached to L, no judging)
Ano Hana
Bleach
One Piece

JUST, TEARS, TEARS EVERYWHERE.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, there were many sad moments from the above posts, but only few that actually made me cry (or tear :)) Some that came really close were:

- The ending before the time skip in Rumbling hearts
- Anything by Makoto Shinkai, especially Hoshi no Koe and 5cm per second. His combination of simple piano BGMs and breathtaking scenery really does something to your emotions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xFloOwuffBB

All the first chapters of Ao Haru Ride, basically. <.<
The ending of Hana to Akuma.
The depressing moments in Orange (Takano Ichigo)
The TomoeXNanami moments in Kamisama Hajimemashita.
The whole plot of Kyou no Kira-kun (only has a year left to live)
BOKURA GA ITA. Sweet jesus.
Yui and Hinata's ending in Angel Beats

That's all I can recall right now :P
I'm quite emotional so there's 100% chance I'm leaving things out

• 1 month later...
Guest xxkurenaixshixx

lol,I just started watching Magical Magi Madoka and man did those eps give me tears ^^There's is some others but I can't think of right now.

Guest xorisa

At the end of Chrono Crusade where Rosette and Chrono were sitting on the chair watching the sunset, and they die peacefully. Oh that scene was sad as hell. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest pinkugyu

xorisa said: At the end of Chrono Crusade where Rosette and Chrono were sitting on the chair watching the sunset, and they die peacefully. Oh that scene was sad as hell. :(

Guest marshmellow.

I cry a lot, but here are some manga situations.

1.  In Fairy Tail, when the FT members were performing in the Fantasia parade, and Laxus leaves and then turns around and see's everyone doing the Nakama pose, and the FT theme song comes one, Laxus cried and then I did too.

2.  There was a time in Air Gear where Rika Nee-San was trying to make Ikki quit AT's and fought him in a disk battle and she realizes that she can no longer prevent him from going into the sky, I just cried...with her that is.

3.  In Half-Prince, more towards the end of the series I am guessing, when Wicked and then Gui dies. D: Gaah, that made me sad and I cried with Prince.

It's hard for me to cry over manga and books but seriously, when Luffy lost Ace, like mentioned above....my eyes got teary! That scene literally rips the heart out of your chest.

Ace says, "Thank you for loving me" right before he dies. OMG. There was a point in his life he hated himself and thought every one hated him because of who his father was. But then he found "family" who really loved him. And then he died. And Luffy who is the happiest character (sweetest) of all time was hurt soo deeply by it.

And then there are all the flashbacks in the anime to their childhood and then the 14th OP song (we fight together). AHHH T_______T

• 1 month later...
Guest beccy

When in one piece, they usopp and luffy were fighting because they had to make the decision of burning the merry-go down. And in the rain, it looked as if the merry-go was crying. And also during the whitebeard war, when Ace died saving luffy, I was so sad, Ace was my fav character D:

And in chrono crusade, everything was sad, especially in the end when rosette died when chrono finally came back.

This is unrelated to anime or manga, but the japanese drama one litre of tears deserves the title of the thing that made me cry the most. I'm not a huge crybaby, so when some youtube comment said that it would definitely make everyone cry, I was all like 'challenge accepted'. I lost though. Reaaaaaalll bad.

Guest Krrypton

Fairytail: when the battle was over with the guild that tried to take lucy back to her father and she cried . Also when natsu caught her when she was falling from the prison jose kept her in. I thought she was gonna die .T_T .

Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood: when envy died and when hughes died and when al sacrificed himself and after the battle was over. Oh my how much i cried! My mom was so mad at me! She thought i was crrazzy,!!!

but i was just so sad! T_T

Archived