Anime/Manga moments that made you cry?

atashi bunny

Guest KuYA II

Miyazaki's Grave of the Fireflies was really upsetting--it did make me cry.  That feeling stuck a very long time. T_T  Won't watch that again either.

nothing beats grave of the fireflies. I may be biased, but that anime is deeply emotional and sticks with you for a while. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest sujulover77

'Bleach' made me cry once. It was when Orihime's older brother was a hollow and Ichigo and Orihime were trying to save him.  And then Orihime said that she didn't mean to get mad at him the day before he died. It was sweet, but sad at the same time. 

• 7 months later...
Guest knockblock

fruits basket: the tiny blond kid's backstory

You mean Momji. Yeah, the fact his mom is wiped of her memory that he is her son is cruel. Especially prior to the memory erase and reason why. You know what is sad in Fruits Basket? When Kyou became his monster form and tried to get away from everyone before Tohru saved him.

Key/VIsual Arts know how to make emotional series.

I've seen all of them except for Air. Capturing emotions appear to signify what they do with their shows.

Another one I'm adding. Blue Exorcist. When the adopted father of Rin and Yukio died. Even if he isn't their real father he seemed like a great person.

• 1 month later...
Guest chaejy

Naruto : Definately when Zabuza and Haku died after the battle...bawled my eyes out ..and also when Itachi died and Sasuke realised that it was not his bro's fault that he killed his whole clan after all.. :(

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

- Nina's story, and the callback at the end, that Ed and Al never forgot her. (Tears in my eyes just thinking about it now.)

- Al sacrificing himself so Ed could defeat Father, and having Mei do it for him.

- The entire ending, I was crying tears of joy. After all the pain, suffering, bloodshed, and despair, Ed, Al and everyone else never stopped fighting and always determined to go forward--and finally got their happy ending. They earned every bit of it. Law of Equivalent Exchange indeed.

Naruto

- Sakura begging Sasuke to stay and him thanking her before knocking her out.

- Chouji, Neji, and Kiba's fights while trying to retrieve Sasuke.

- Shikamaru crying upon finding out that his teammates we're going to make it.

- Gaara waking up and finding his villagers rejoicing that he's okay.

- Asuma's last words to InoShikaCho.

- "Sorry Sasuke, this is the last time." *forehead tap* :tears: (I always end up crying for other people because of what they do for Sasuke.)

One Piece

- All of the Strawhats have heavy backstories, but Chopper's is really the one that made me bawl my eyes out.

- Ace's death. Sabo's story.

There was this one that I remember, its was from Paradise Kiss. Near the end, when Caroline received a key from George, which opened to a room filled with clothing that George designed. Then she started crying, it was really sad for me.

Guest bubblyteax

Oh my gosh.. I cried in too many animes to count.

Spirited Away, it was so moving! D:

Full Metal Alchemist, when Al made up with his brother Ed when they were fighting (lol)

Bokura Ga Ita, cried in like every episode XD

Grave of the Fireflies.. :c

Naruto, when Sasuke left Sakura that night.

• 1 month later...
Guest MissLLi

When I was a kid, I cried during the first season of Pokemon when Ash left Pikachu and start reminiscing about all the times they had together LOL.

Other than that....There's been way too many shoujo mangas and animes to list. I'm such a crybaby lol.

Guest wesling123

Fairy Tail : When Wendy realized that her guild is just an illusion of the past and when Laxus left Fairy Tail.... It didn't made me cry, it just made me teary :tears:

Guest mangoes-dbsk

Fullmetal Alchemist, when Envy committed suicide after realizing that only Edward understood him. :( omg tears :(( and also pokemon, long ago, when pikachu left ash to be with his family or something like that.

I've posted in here before, but I just watched Pom Poko for the first time. It did have a couple of sad parts. Some people might think it's weird, but it really upset me to see the tanuki dying (because of what Humans do to ruin habitat).

There weren't any that made me cry but Clannad made me feel so sad throughout the anime.

The story and plot are great but it felt so sad to watch ):

• 2 months later...
Guest Oana03

Nana - I watched this anime 3 times and I still watch it when I have time or when I can't fall asleep . I cry in every episode while watching the sad moments or while listening to the quotes the two of them are saying .

Bokura ga Ita - I cried almost in every episode but the last one was so sad .

Full Metal Alchemist - I don't know why but when I watched an episode randomly on tv and saw the quote in the beginning it just made me teary .

Paradise Kiss - I cried on the last part of the final episode .

Inuyasha - Even now I remember crying 3-4 years ago when Inuyasha kissed Kikyo and Kagome was hiding behing that tree .

Honey and Clover - It was a very sad anime .

As well Vampire Knight , Blood+ , Romeo and Juliet and Peach Girl .

I hope I didn't forget anything . I don't really remember crying while reading a manga .

Guest chaiitea

The part in Code Geass when Shirley died.

I couldn't take it when Lelouch tried to use his Geass to keep her alive.

Ahhhh.

Archived