Anime/Manga moments that made you cry?

atashi bunny

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest knockblock

Full Moon Wo sagamini coopere. Many moments in it were sad. The most notable one being the ending. A shocker it was. For a light hearted series I didn't think it would pull off the kind of ending it did.

It's too sad knowing what happened at the end. How things transpired and leading up to the final moments of the show. Everything Mitsuki, Takuto, and Meroko came to do together and know came to an end. All the good times in the show left their mark. From the happy to the sad. What Full Moon showed was that things don't stay the same. There's going to be change. You gotta carry yourself through the times and make as many memories that are valuable in life.

I didn't really cry in any of these moments. The closest was the One Piece one I think. Mostly anime because I can't remember all the mangas right now. But these made me get pretty close to crying.

A Snow Fairy Called Sugar because despite being a cutey anime at the beginning...there is a sad story underneath it all. (really!)

One Piece When something really sad happens to Luffy and then when something even sadder happens later. And all the crew mate's background stories, notably Robin and Nami.

Naruto The Naruto-Sasuke story. (not in a yaoi way X) )

Ookiku Furikibatte Season 2 When something bad happens to Abe and he has to break his promise to Mihashi.

Please Save My Earth My goodness this manga gets heavy~ but never in a bad way. Some parts are beautiful and sad.

Samurai Champloo Everything that leads up to the end.

Wolf's Rain Was sad but I didn't see it in a linear enough way to get the full impact.

Guest knockblock

Oh yeah, I didn't really cry but I did feel sad. It got me in a way that I felt bummed.

And I see that Full Moon still gets its full name edited.

There are other stuff.

Fruits Baskets had sad moments because there were stuff that were touching. It was a series that can uplift you.

Kaleido Star got me to feel sad in some parts of the show. At the end of episode 26 feeling was sad but then became happy.

In Angel Beats I got bummed that Iwasawa disappeared. Just when we were getting to know her she had to go. But on a satisfying note.

I almost cried in Clannad because one character was crying in a particular scene. I don't know if it was because it was just emotional or if it was pitiful to look at. I'm trying to recall from what character it was...

Guest knockblock

Not sure if anyone watched Kanon.. but it definitely had some sad, borderline depressing scenes.. A superb anime, nonetheless.

Which Kanon? There's the older one done by Toei and the 2006 version done Kyoto Animation. And what particular scenes do you have in mind?

Guest Take Five

feels like this thread has been done before, but whatever.

fruits basket: the tiny blond kid's backstory

clannad after story: most of ep 18 i think. especially the scene in the field.

one piece: when sanji leaves the baratie(oddly enough i haven't cried to the multitude of sadder parts in one piece)

gurren lagann: the wedding at the end

★  almost all of CLANNAD ~ Afterstory.  T^T

★  Howl's Moving Castle - mainly when Howl is turning into a demon.

★  Chrono & Aeon's fight in the Chrno Crusade manga.  D;

★  Karas - Otouha's "death" scene.

Guest black_wings

The first thing that popped into my head was the scene in X/1999 when Subaru kills Seishiro, damn what an epic anime/manga.

Another scene from X (since I mentioned the first) is when Kakyo watches, helpless, as Seishiro kills Hokuto.

And I have to mention the scene from Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle in episode 6 when Sakura wakes up and asks Syaoron who he is, then as he walks out to stand in the rain as haunting music play in the background (thanks to the genius of Yuki Kaijura), gosh it brought tears to my eyes.

Naruto: the scene where the villagers cheered for Naruto after Kakashi carried him back to he village after fighting Pain.

They finally fully appreciate and acknowledge Naruto. qq

Guest Sleepless.

Two episodes of 地獄少女.

Episode 7, about the young girl who's mother only cared about her brother who had just died . The ending of that was, very very depressing to say the least. And episode 14 where the young boy was falsely arrested for his fathers murder. Again, the ending of that was really moving.

Guest alesska11

I cry everytime i see Bokura ga Ita ... I felt really sorry with Nana when Yano left . in my opinion this anime has a really good plot ,. it doesn't have a "happy ending " like most of shoujo mangas and animes but it's a catchy story ... and with Vampire Knight .. there're some parts that are really sad, like the scenes when Zero suffers because if him being a vampire and things like that.

About mangas , i read a lot of them, specially shoujo, shonen ai and yaoi (XD) so i can't remember , but i think i cried with some yaoi or shonen ai manga , there're some stories that are very sad ....

Guest chopper!

Can't Lose You - the part where lida yoo was yelling at her sister with a gun and almost falling into her death, but then, ended up losing her love. i didn't think i would cry, but i pitied her.

Deep Love (Ayu's Story) - intense story, very realistic too which makes it so much sadder. just...the whole thing made me sad! kept on crying...

One Piece - when merry go died T^T first time i cried over a boat..haha

Air tv - last episode when mizuzu died in her aunt's arms after achieving her goal was so sad to me! she was like an innocent baby dying her mother's arm after achieving happiness. :<

Naruto - can't say sad...but it's depressing at times lols stopped watching though before they turned into adults/teens. haha

Guest baesoobinLOVE-_-

One that made me cry was "Flower of the deep Sleep" or "Fukai Nemuri no Hana"   I couldn't help but cry where Yuuka said "I hate myself" and Yuuki woke up the next day, she sat by Yuuka's side and thought about it. For that whole scene i couldn't help but cry haha. Although it was too rushed it's alright, the main thing was to teach a life lesson, WHEN YOU NEED HELP ASK FOR IT, DON'T LET IT BE A BURDEN.

cflower_of_the_deep_sleep_v2_part2flower_of_the_deep_sleep_v2_p072.jpgcflower_of_the_deep_sleep_v2_part2flower_of_the_deep_sleep_v2_p073.jpg

cflower_of_the_deep_sleep_v2_part2flower_of_the_deep_sleep_v2_p075.jpg

there are a few parts of animes and some manga that have made me cry, or made me feel like crying--but one that sticks in my head is an episode of Full Metal Alchemist. A man named Tucker has a daughter named Nina, and they have a dog named Alexander. He makes chimeras. He makes a chimera out of his daughter and their dog. Scar kills Tucker, and then the chimera, because the poor thing is in so much pain, and miserable. It did make me cry, and I was upset about it for at least a couple of weeks--I'll never watch that one again. ><

Miyazaki's Grave of the Fireflies was really upsetting--it did make me cry. That feeling stuck a very long time. T_T Won't watch that again either.

Guest Linder1430264405

^ definately grave of the fireflies, gosh i couldnt bring myself to watch it again...the saddest anime movie i've seen so far

i remembered one episode in bleach, there was this boy's soul trapped in a cockatoo and was being chased after this crazyass hollow.. yeah that was sad );

Archived