[UPCOMING] [JAPAN MOVIE SPRING 2011] High School Debut

ohatoms

Starring Junpei Mizobata and Ito Ono

junpei-mizobata-thumb.jpg

Junpei Mizobata, Ito Ono star in "High School Debut"

In August, it was announced that Kazune Kawahara's manga "Koukou Debut"  ("High School Debut") is being turned into a live-action film. Now, the  main cast members have been revealed: Junpei Mizobata (21) will co-star  with fashion model Ito Ono (15), who is making her acting debut with  this movie.

Ono will be playing the manga's protagonist, a young  girl who was completely absorbed in her club activities, but decides to  change her image and her love life upon entering high school. Mizobata  will play the upperclassman that becomes her coach and eventual love  interest.

Tsutomu Hanabusa is directing the film, which is scheduled for release in spring 2011.

source: Tokyograph

S T O R Y

Haruna Nagashima gave her all to softball in middle school, and now that  she's made her high school debut she's decided to give her all for a  new goal. Getting a boyfriend and falling in love! However, she has one  small problem. Since she never paid any attention to fashion or trend in  middle school she has no idea how to go about attracting her  yet-to-be-found love. But a chance encounter with with Yoh Komiyama  provides her with the opportunity she needs. If he coaches her in how to  become attractive, surely she can find herself a boyfriend!

*Summary taken from the manga. Will update this when the official movie summary is released!

C H A R A C T E R S

Ito Ono as Haruna Nagashima

Junpei Mizobata as Yoh Komiyama

R E L E A S E  D A T E

Spring 2011

U P D A T E S

Guest OneLast_Teardrop

omg omg omg

i love this manga and they're making it.

omg this is so amazing.

im so excited to this.

now all i need to do tis look up who are the character.

i dont watch japanese drama much, but this is a go!

Guest tru32urluv

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I love this manga! I have like all of the volumes so far that are released lol. Hopefully the film will do the manga justice. I would be really disappointed if it doesn't.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest BattleRoyale

bump bump bump!

Just watched the trailer on youtube and I'm super excited; I was squealing like such a fan girl hahaha A bit iffy about the lead actress, but we'll see. Junpei looks so good here and from what I saw in the trailer, he seems to portray the look and feel of Yoh really well. I'm super dooper excited! =D I do wish they made it into a drama rather than a movie though.

Guest tru32urluv

aww I thought it was a drama at first. Ohh well movie is better then nothing. And I LOVE the trailer. Junpei looks exactly like Yoh lol. No kidding.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

The good:

- The male main lead looks and acts exactly like how I envisioned him to be.

- The girl is kind of cute.

- The guy's sister looks like I'll hate her (hated her in manga)

The bad:

- It has the weird, trying to funny and weird, japanese drama feel T__T I dislike those kind of dramas.

- They put a newbie actress in it--which is okay I guess.

- The main female lead is 15yo. And the main actor is in his 20s. Hence, it would be kind of wrong if they were to share any kiss during the drama. Well that sucks.

I'll watch it because it was an awesome manga. I don't really like the main leading actress because her acting is too exaggerated. But she's cute and the guy for sure doesn't seem to be disappointing so I'll watch it. =)

Archived