Quantcast
triplem

Kim Ji Suk 김지석 Drama: Top Star Yoo Baek , Variety : Problematic Men

Can someone Google translate this article? The k netz reaction seems angry ? Is he not coming back to PM? 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=018&aid=0004313624

ok Papago translate says that the rest went to Kyushu to shoot for their anniversary show but KJS did not join them as he had temporarily stopped for TSYB . 

I googled translated some of knetz comments and it seems they are asking for KJS . Saying isn’t TOP Star already over ? When is he coming back ? 

———-

so what do you all make of this news ?

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Can someone Google translate this article? The k netz reaction seems angry ? Is he not coming back to PM? 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=018&aid=0004313624

ok Papago translate says that the rest went to Kyushu to shoot for their anniversary show but KJS did not join them as he had temporarily stopped for TSYB . 

I googled translated some of knetz comments and it seems they are asking for KJS . Saying isn’t TOP Star already over ? When is he coming back ? 

———-

so what do you all make of this news ?

Gosh, I really hope nothing bad is going to happen. I was also wondering what’s taking Oppa so long to return to PM even after the filming for TSYB has ended for quite some time. I thought maybe they filmed the episodes way in advance and so didn’t need him back so early. I really really pray hard he will get to go back. Oppa seems quite close to JHM Hyung, and I’m hoping the latter will go to bat for him if the production team decides to kick Oppa out. I’m also hoping for his good friends HSJ and PK to speak up for him too.

Oppa, fighting! We love you!!!

• Love 2

Hello guys! Real life's kept me really busy but just nipping in for a bit to say I wish we had updates on what KJS has been up to. I hope he returns on PM soon, I wonder what's been happening on that front hmm.

• Love 3

4 minutes ago, tibba said:

Hello guys! Real life's kept me really busy but just nipping in for a bit to say I wish we had updates on what KJS has been up to. I hope he returns on PM soon, I wonder what's been happening on that front hmm.

Hello dear . Missed you . Check the previous page & let me know if you want to include any message for his bday . We’re going to send a group one via his HK fan base 

• Love 3

Oh cool thanks for letting me know @triplem. I'm not big on such things but if I wish to join I'll be in touch with a message (and my phone number/contact details so oppa can hit me up LOL)

• LOL 3

Throwback to 2015: Oppa’s promotion video for PM. 

Caption: We believe that everyone must be missing “Cutie Brain” from PM, and are hoping that JS will return to PM soon, though there is still no news on the date that he will return.

Everyone, come and join the Hong Kong fanclub in watching this promotion video that JS did in 2015 for PM, and waiting patiently for his return!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

@joonminfan thanks dear ! Do you think something fishy is going on ? I’m sure his HK fan base must hv read what we read too. And either he’s not wanting to go back , which I doubt since in the last interview he said he’s going to look at some of the questions differently. Or the Producers at PM don’t see the need for him ( to which I’ll boycott the show forever :ph34r:) ..or maybe he’s going to work on TSYB 2 ...:D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, triplem said:

@joonminfan thanks dear ! Do you think something fishy is going on ? I’m sure his HK fan base must hv read what we read too. And either he’s not wanting to go back , which I doubt since in the last interview he said he’s going to look at some of the questions differently. Or the Producers at PM don’t see the need for him ( to which I’ll boycott the show forever :ph34r:) ..or maybe he’s going to work on TSYB 2 ...:D

I really have no idea what is going on. I’m really hoping they won’t kick him out. That would seem so callous and heartless of the production team, since Oppa has expressed time and again that he would like to go back on the show, and there didn’t seem to be any news about Oppa not getting along with cast and crew or doing badly on the show. Sigh, I wish we could know quickly what’s going to happen. So I can either celebrate or cry my eyes out for Oppa.

• Love 2

26 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

No news or updates about Oppa. I’m sad. Having withdrawal symptoms. :bawling:

No.. nothing so far . Have been watching Rebel. I’m at eps 13. He’s doing superb as a sad & lonely king . You feel so bad for him Think he should do a melodrama next :D 

• Love 2

@triplem omg I have not progressed past Rebel Ep 1. I just managed to watch the Fri ep of Fiery Priest and that’s it for my drama watching this week. It’s ok, I have one week holiday coming up soon so I will catch up on Rebel then. I just wish for some news of Oppa. Why isn’t he getting more drama offers? Why isn’t he back on PM?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

@joonminfan Is this something you can translate?? 

Date: 2019/02/25

On a Blue Monday night, the stylist posted this photo, and even asked us not to forget Actor (KJS), and to wait patiently.

I feel like there is something that's happening quietly, and there needs to be some time before it can be announced.

I believe that everyone will wait patiently for Actor to return to our screens.

Translation of original caption:

#myloveourloveKimJiSeok 

#thinkingofyou #missingyou #waitawhile #don'tforget

I don't think the handwritten note in the photo was translated. I will try to translate the words one by one, but it may not make sense.

Gosh, what is going on? I don't know how to feel. Is it going to be good news? Bad news? :bawling:

Edit: I searched for the Korean words in the handwritten note one by one. I think it says:

My love

Our love

Kim Ji Seok Oppa's (belonging)

I added the word (belonging) so that it makes a little more sense. I hope I translated correctly though.

Edited by joonminfan
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@joonminfan @turtlegirlI’m nervous too. Is he not well ? Or maybe he’s needing a break ? Or something is really brewing ? Hopefully it will be good news at the end of this waiting 

An old article but a nice one 

https://welovekpopkpoppers.blogspot.com/2017/11/interview-kim-ji-suk-from-ohks-children.html?m=1

Interview] Kim Ji-suk from Oh!K’s Children of the 20th Century

Exclusive Interview Transcript with Kim Ji-suk from Oh!K’s Children of the 20th Century

Children%2Bof%2Bthe%2B20th%2BCentury%2B0

Synopsis:
Three modern women in their 30's can't seem to figure out why they are still single. Realising that life is not all about their search for love, their start to learn about friendship and family warmth!

Tune In Details:
Children of the 20th Century premieres with 4 back-to-back episodes on Oh!K (Astro Ch 394) on the 10th of October within 24 hours of Korean telecast. New episodes will be aired on Oh!K every Tuesday & Wednesday at 7.50 pm.

About the Cast:

Kim Ji-suk
Kim Ji-suk was born in South Korea on 21 April 1981. He began his career in performance as a rapper for the boy group L.E.O., before getting his first acting role on the television show Sang Doo! Let’s Go to School. He played leading roles in The Vineyard Man and Likeable or Not, and has most recently starred in the shows Personal Taste and I Need Romance 2012.

20171108_101138.png

Interview Transcript – Kim Ji-suk

1. How are the cast members doing with the MBC strike happening during filming? How is the atmosphere like while filming? 
I think everyone is thinking the same thing. We are all hoping that the situation will end peacefully for both sides. I think the most important thing is for us to make a good drama for our fans.

For me personally, it was most intriguing that my character is both the long-time friend and first love of Sa Jin-jin. I don’t personally have a long time ‘gal pal’ like Sa Jin-jin and I don’t contact my first love anymore. I was interested to find out if such a relationship – long-time friend and first love – can co-exist, and how the love-friend relationship between the two will unfold.

Everyone has memories of their first love. I think the viewers will be able to empathize with the drama because everyone remembers falling in love with someone for the first time. I hope I can become everyone’s first love.

The drama is very light-hearted. It’s about our everyday lives, what we encounter, and what we keep in our memories. The drama will be relatable and a show with which the viewers can slowly recall their memories and feelings as they follow each episode.

2. How do you think this drama differentiates itself from the other romance dramas that are currently being aired?   
Our drama is like a slow blossoming flower. Previous dramas had a love story that is more like a quick burning fire. Our drama touches on the importance of things that have always been there and rediscovering them. These days, the world moves so quickly. Our drama moves slowly and will focus on the importance things that we subconsciously do every day and people we meet without realizing.

I think that’s the biggest strength of our drama; that it’s relatable. Personally, I went through a hard time after my previous drama, The Emperor: Owner of the Mask. There were some aspects of my character I still feel in me. I wanted to relieve that feeling with a romantic drama. I really wanted to play a role in a romantic drama and luckily, I was casted to be part of Children of the 20th Century. I now film every day with a sense of excitement and a happier mindset. 

3. How is the chemistry between you and the three female leads? 
In order to build chemistry, I spent a lot of time with my female co-workers. We went to a fried chicken store and talked about many different things to nourish our chemistry. Although it is far from the 35 years of friendship that we need to portray in the drama, we have become much closer since filming started. I think the viewers will be able to see that.

What makes our drama special is that viewers can find themselves reflected in our characters, while with other dramas, they can only relate to the emotions of the characters. With Children of the 20th Century, viewers are able to look back into their lives and reminisce the old days with fondness as they follow the drama. Being able to create that feeling is the key to our success. Like I said earlier, because we are moving too quickly in today’s world, the success of this drama lies in being able to allow out viewers to rediscover their emotions, people from their past, and important memories.   

4. Do you have any final comments?   
At the Another Miss Oh press conference, I said that we would be rewarded with a vacation, and we were. At the The Emperor: Owner of the Mask press conference I said that this will be the character of my career, and it was. For Children of the 20th Century, I want to be everyone’s first love!

I was destined for this drama. When I moved, it was Han Ye-seul’s birthday, today is a blessed day for a press conference as it falls on my best friend, Lee Dong-gun’s, wedding day and the day of our premiere is Hangeul day. These are all such meaningful days to us so I believe that this is more than just coincidence, its destiny. (Laughter)

Edited by triplem
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, joonminfan said:

wahhhh look at what HSJ said about KJS here...:love:

You two may seem alike but I think you have different personalities.
Ji-suk carries a romantic side that I don’t have. He seeps with kindness and thoughtfulness. To be honest I am shy, the type that needs a bit of time to get close to someone. That’s why there are times I am envious when I see Ji-suk quickly becoming close and familiar with people.

They are really close ...HSJ has also many photos of him and KJS on his insta

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• Love 1

13 hours ago, triplem said:

wahhhh look at what HSJ said about KJS here...:love:

You two may seem alike but I think you have different personalities.
Ji-suk carries a romantic side that I don’t have. He seeps with kindness and thoughtfulness. To be honest I am shy, the type that needs a bit of time to get close to someone. That’s why there are times I am envious when I see Ji-suk quickly becoming close and familiar with people.

They are really close ...HSJ has also many photos of him and KJS on his insta

Is it weird that I find Oppa's wide-open mouth sleeping look really hot? :lol: How can a man be this good looking? :love:

• LOL 1

@triplem it's the deadline day for the birthday message, isn't it? I've been so busy with real life I haven't properly written a good message. So I'm going to write one off the top of my head right now lol. Please correct my spelling, do you write Ji Suk or Ji Seok? I don't know lol.

Happy Birthday, Ji-Suk/Ji-Seok from your fan turtlegirl over here at the Soompi forums! I hope you are able to have much fun and celebrations with your family and friends and enjoy a birthday treat, too. Best wishes and lots of love for the year to come! I'll be cheering you on wholeheartedly when you return to the screen! 

Thanks @triplem:kiss_wink:

• Love 2