Quantcast
triplem

Kim Ji Suk 김지석 Drama: Top Star Yoo Baek , Variety : Problematic Men

Just now, turtlegirl said:

Oh gosh so many videos I need to watch now! Thank you @triplem for posting all these links! Honestly I had no idea you could find so much on YT lol. I'm a bit out of it. I am not familiar with Problematic Men, can anyone explain the premise of the show for me and if it's available subbed to watch anywhere? @joonminfan I'd die to see KJS modeling underwear. Seriously, just die. So maybe it's a good thing he hasn't done so yet :P

I’ve been watching PM but with Chinese subtitles. Maybe @triplem or @tibba knows where to find the ones with English subs. I just don’t see how Oppa can’t be offered an underwear commercial. We all saw his physique. It’s just the right kind for an underwear commercial. :love: oh my I just can’t let go yet. I’m most prob gonna be rewatching TSYB and PM at the same time till Oppa comes up with a new drama. Hopefully this time he is the male lead too. No more second lead roles for Oppa! He deserves to get the girl! Oh ya, I’m gonna watch Rebel too. I heard he acted really well in that as a tyrannical king. My dear @turtlegirl go watch 20th Century Boy and Girl first. You won’t regret it.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@turtlegirl I watch PM on Viu ( available in Asia ) but i will send you some links later . It’s a variety show where the cast together with their guests compete to solve IQ /EQ questions every week . KJS has been a regular cast member since its inception in 2015 . He took a break while filming TSYB because of the traveling to & fro the island . 

Yes to any form of adverts .. @joonminfan :D

He must be very emotional while writing this 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Omo he looks good even when he’s all emotional. I’m sorry but this is the first time I’m seriously fangirling over a Korean Oppa. :love:

@turtlegirl I hope that these two videos will be able to entice you to watch 20CBG. 

• Love 4

Oh right. I forgot Han Ji Hye acted alongside HSJ and KJS before! Here's the oppas being cute together. I love KJS' voice, it's so raspy and sexy. Everytime he speaks in whispers I'm just gone :wub:

I think speaking English in dramas in one thing, but I really like hearing him communicating in English irl. I love multilingual people and lud is this man attractive. 

Also can't wait for him to get back to PM and get teased by the members about his top star role lol. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@tibba I love his sexy raspy voice & he’s got good diction .:wub: I watched the travel special some time ago on YT . But all the vids are just cuts . Do you know where to watch the full series ? I laughed when they both felt so shy sitting on the bed - two men !!  Gah . It would hv been a lot more romantic if they were with a girl , no ? :lol:

@joonminfanI think that IG is the official Korean fan club IG yeah ? By the way I just started Rebel. Stroppyse told me he was very good in it . While not much screen time in eps 1 , the story & other actors are quite engaging as far as historical dramas are concerned. 

Also read this review of his performance on Drama Beans . No wonder he won the MBC award 

Spoiler

Actors Kim Ji-suk and Honey Lee were at their best this episode, showing us gravitas that I had been missing during the middle of Rebel’s run. I’m serious—I think Kim Ji-suk deserves something on the same level as a Korean Oscar. His vacant staring and vacillation between angry tyrant and helpless man-child was absolutely on point. When Yeonsangun mourned Nok-soo’s death, I saw that he didn’t just regard her as an expendable person but loved her in his own twisted way, despite her having believed in life that he did not see her as a lover.

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Yeah @triplem I think that’s Oppa’s official fan club account on IG. I’m currently stalking all his fan clubs in the region so that I will know if he ever comes to my country for a fan meet. I would definitely try to get front row seats! :love:

I also heard good reviews about Oppa’s performance in Rebel so I decided to watch it. I started on Ep 1 then got distracted by a lot of other shows last year. Now that TSYB is over, I shall continue with Rebel. Can’t wait to see his range in acting. I’m sure he is wonderful.

@tibba I totally understand what you mean about Oppa’s voice. I love it especially when he’s being sweet and gentle, like his character Gong Jiwon in 20C B&G. He was just so irresistible! I would love it if he could do a late night radio show so that I can fall asleep listening to his voice. Oh, a morning show would be good too. He can be my alarm clock and my whole day will just be full of hearts and flowers. :relieved:

You guys are distracting me with the videos you posted! I’ve only done the first 15 min of the translation so I shall get back to doing that. The videos you all posted will be my reward. :sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Gals , awwww I was so teary myself watching him here . He was in tears . He really put his heart & soul into this drama 

This was longer than the one in the BTS 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Oh man, I really love this man so much. You can tell a lot by a man’s attitude towards his work. As usual, I wish I knew what he was saying. I am seriously going to consider taking up my Korean lessons again, no matter how busy I am. Oppa, you have motivated me to learn a new language for you! :kiss_wink:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, joonminfan said:

Oh man, I really love this man so much. You can tell a lot by a man’s attitude towards his work. As usual, I wish I knew what he was saying. I am seriously going to consider taking up my Korean lessons again, no matter how busy I am. Oppa, you have motivated me to learn a new language for you! :kiss_wink:

Oh you should...since you know Mandarin, may be easier? I am terribly lazy to learn a new language

Ooo I just discovered this Naver web drama he did in 2017. It is 8 short episodes - 15 mins

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/irish-uppercut-e01.html ( has subs)

https://www.viki.com/tv/35677c-irish-uppercut

https://www.soompi.com/article/974853wpp/sistars-bora-kim-ji-suk-star-koreas-first-web-movie

Synopsis

Spoiler

There seems to be no stopping to the success of the Sistar's members as Bora and Kim Ji Suk are in for their first ever web movie entitled, "Irish Uppercut".

Just recently, Starship Entertainment, the management company of Sistar, has revealed to the public the movie poster. The movie also featured a premiere night which was divided into two parts. It premiered last April 24 and it was indeed a successful one.

The movie, "Irish Upperact" features the two Sistar members with all of their glory as their charm and talent perfectly blends in with each other. The movie also features a stunning Jeju Island backdrop, making the whole feel seem to be very surreal and comfortable.

According to Soompi, Bora plays the role of a beautiful grim reaper named Do Hye Na. It is indeed interesting to see Bora play a character that is as mysterious and unorthodox as Do Hye Na.

This is because Do Hye Na's life is not going pretty well in the movie. With this, her heart is filled with a lot of negative vibes. However, as she passed away, she unintentionally met Woo Shi Hyung, a friendly and adorable cook that is played by Kim Ji Suk.

Interestingly, they knew each other pretty well as they ventured along the afterlife. As the story progresses, the experience in a variety of scenes when they were together in a local pub called "Irish Uppercut".

The story was indeed positively acclaimed by critics and fans alike, as it showed the other side of the two K-pop icons. It also proves that they're not just about the singing and dancing, but they also know how to deal with the acting industry.

Hopefully, Bora and Kim Ji Suk will have more future movies together, and hopefully, it's on the big screen.

• Like 2

Ahh I've been so busy, now I see you all have posted so much for me to catch up on! I will def start 20th century boy & girl this week. I watched those 2 clips @joonminfan but how did they go from watching The Revenant to having a hot kiss scene? Seemed like an odd combination :lol: And yeah, his English speaking is so sexy. Tho I think everything this man does is sexy. Btw, I think it's awesome that so many of you speak more than 1 language! You all are so smart! I tried to learn Spanish a while ago, but then I would watch Korean dramas with Spanish subs while only knowing English and lolol it didn't quite work out for me. Learning Korean would probably be a better solution, but I don't know if I have it in me! 

Man I wish you could save pics from Instagram onto your phone (you can't, right??)...I am having trouble finding pics on Google and Pinterest that I can download to my phone. At least I've figured out how to make audio clips now. If anyone has a sexy KJS audio clip they'd like me to make for them, just let me know! I am considering making a sexy KJS voice playlist :lol:

I am gonna try and look for PM with subs for sure. The premise of the show sounds fun and challenging. I suppose KJS gets to show off his smarts a lot, eh?

I am totally following his official fan club IG account now. Did anyone notice he follows it too? Gosh. I want to post so many comments now in hopes he will read them lol. If you all see someone commenting a ton in English, then yup, that's me!

OK, one more thing....can anyone explain the "cute but psycho" thing? I love that phrase and notice it's tied to him somehow?

• Love 3

@triplem so many of Oppa’s work to check out! Should I 

a) rewatch 20C B&G

b) watch Rebel

c) watch Irish Uppercut (the one u recommended above)

d) watch PM?

so many things, so little time. :sweat_smile:

@turtlegirl I actually just screenshot the photos from IG. Oops, is that illegal? I was desperate that’s why. Anyway can you do an audio file of Oppa singing in TSYB? I just replay it on IG but I would like to have an audio file if possible.

i also don’t know why “cute and psycho” but it seems a very apt description of Oppa! :love:

I am seriously considering to restart Korean lessons. It’s so difficult not having subs esp for things like bts videos. That way, I don’t have to rely anymore on subs, and I can contribute more to the forums! :relieved:

anyone wants to wear the same hoodie as Oppa? :blush:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Hi all! im so happy that you guys fangirling here..finally i found some people to share with :D But please pardon my poor English.

I watched :

• Came To Me and Become Star (with Jung So Min)

• I Need Romance 2012 with (Jung Yu Mi & Lee Jin Wook)

• Angels Eyes with (Lee Sang Yoon & Go Hye Sun)

• 20th Century Boy and Girl

He acted as sweet boyfriend in those 4 dramas and that role really suits him :wub: Idk why i feel like he is as sweet as his roles. As i read on interview 'I Need Romance 2012' he learn something from the drama that affect in his lovelife..and made me wondering how he is in real life..

Did you guys watch him on Radio Star or Happy Together or Problematic Men? I think you can relate "cute but psycho" thing after watch him on those shows.

Btw, Im going to watch his drama 'Unkind Ladies' after this/

Haven't watched The Rebel, im easily bored with sageuk, is it good?

• Like 3

@joonminfan @turtlegirl For PM, Viu only started subbing in English not long ago, and there were very few with KJS since he stopped temporarily in Oct . I hv already watched all those with subs with him in it. Haha , I was not too motivated to watch the later episodes without him to ogle at . :P So really hope he resumes soon.

I think I will finish up Irish Uppercut since it’s short. Rebel is going to be Long haul since it’s historical. Can’t watch too many at a go 

if you go to tvN FB page you can copy the image address or save those images of him there .( use PC )  They are really nice stills . Yes screen capture is much easier of course . 

I am hoping his next drama would still be romance driven :D 

hello @kscherz!! Happy to have you join us . I remember in some variety program - the travel one with HSJ , he wore this tee that said “cute but psycho “ & he uses it in his IG profile . So perhaps that’s how he sees himself. Lol! He’s got a good sense of humour , & that’s very appealing to me . Rebel - is heavy but the story is quite engaging. I watched eps 1 recently & found myself tearing up at the male lead’s back story . And don’t have to apologise for your English , it’s perfectly fine . :)

Edited by triplem
  • Love 2

Wow. this is wonderful thread. I couldn't get over with Top Star Yoobaek. I really love his acting in it. I have watched his previous dramas, and I always felt that he deserves better. 

I am watching Top Star Yoobaek again. I just couldn't get over with Soon-baek or Ji-min chemistry. i love their chemistry that balance with all kinds of genre in online. It is a wonderful drama I have ever watched for a long time. I hope Jiseok and Somin will work together to create something more meaningful than ever. I hope to see  Yoobaek part 2. They have so much healing to show. I love and was inspired by this amazing drama. 

Please support the DVD survey to increase the demand for DVD and season 2! =) Spread the word! 

• Love 3