Quantcast
triplem

Kim Ji Suk 김지석 Current Drama: When the Camellia Blooms ( KBS) , Variety : Problematic Men

Agency update for When A Camellia Blooms. Looks like he’s a dad as well 

• Love 1

KBS update 

ooo he looks good holding a baby 

New stills 

• Love 1

@triplem Oppa looks like he's going to be such a good daddy in the future! :wub: Anyway a quick translation of Oppa's HK fanclub's post. They were debating between sending a rice wreath for the press con or a coffee truck, but in the end decided on the rice wreath as they didn't want Oppa to have fewer rice wreaths than the other actors in the drama. :D They had the help of Oppa's official fan club in Korea, as well as the company which provided the rice wreaths. Oppa even specially took a picture in front of the rice wreath to show his thanks! How sweet is he! :wub:

• Love 1

Thanks @joonminfan, how did you find it ? I wish we saw more of him.  I don’t mind KHN , like the actor , but oppa’s story arc seems more interesting 

Agency update 

His cuts from eps 2

• Love 1

Fan club updated 

Spoiler

Spoiler

His spread in Singles . Need to go find the full post

Awww so nice to see him update his IG

Oppa for Oct issue of Singles 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353890wpp/kim-ji-suk-talks-about-his-role-in-when-the-camellia-blooms-love-for-acting-and-more

Kim Ji Suk recently posed for the October issue of Singles magazine!

After the photo shoot, Kim Ji Suk participated in an interview to talk about his recent drama “When the Camellia Blooms.”

“When the Camellia Blooms” tells the stories of three couples in different stages of love. Moreover, the drama focuses on the romance that blossoms between Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin), a woman who is trapped in a certain perception about love, and Yong Shik (Kang Ha Neul), who shows undying support and love for her.

Kim Ji Suk, who lost over 15 pounds and grew a beard for the drama, plays Kang Jong Ryul, a professional baseball player who is married to social media star Jessica (played by Ji Yi Soo).

When asked why he chose the drama, Kim Ji Suk stated, “I treasure all the projects I’ve acted in so far, but I can confidently tell you that objectively, [‘When the Camellia Blooms’] is really fun. First of all, the script is amazing. Even if I didn’t star in the drama, I probably would’ve made sure to tune in. Aren’t dramas a genre that satisfies fantasies? In that sense, you won’t be able to take your eyes off [‘When the Camellia Blooms’] the entire time.”

Spoiler

kim-ji-suk-1.jpg

The actor has appeared in over 27 dramas, 10 films, and various variety shows throughout his 18-year-long career. During this time, he transformed into completely different characters, including a lovable lawyer, a mad king, and an idol group leader.

He commented, “If you’re human before you’re an actor, then of course you wouldn’t like to fall behind. Rather than a one-dimensional shape, I’d prefer showing different sides of myself. When you twist or transform the image you already have, hearing things like, ‘That was you? You’re good. It fits you well’ makes you feel like you’re on top of the world. It’s a catharsis that you wouldn’t be able to experience without acting.”

Spoiler

kim-ji-suk-2.jpg

The actor approaches every role with the mindset of “What would I have done?” but there are certain things he learns from each character he plays. He stated, “As my character grows, I think I grow with him. It affects my life, and I feel greatly comforted by it.”

Spoiler

kim-ji-suk-1.jpg

“When the Camellia Blooms” airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

He looks good with a baby...

Sad to say not many scenes of him in eps 3 either 

Problematic Men is returning!!! But not sure if he’ll return though 

IG update 

Me having SLS despite his flawed character

———

for singles mag

His BTS . love him & the arc with Pil Gu

His IG update 

Hello everyone! I'm a new fan of Kim Ji Seok. i just recently started When The Camellia Blooms because I am curious about Gong Hyo Jin's new drama and also the comeback of Kang Haneul after military service. I wasn't even aware of Kim Ji Seok when I started the drama but he caught my interest. "Who is this guy? Why I like it when he's on screen?" I know he portrays an unlikeable character but when I watch dramas, I admire how the actors do their craft. They just give colors to the characters that's why I liked how he colored Kang Jong Ryeol's character.

Now I found myself binge watching some of his recent dramas including Another Miss Oh, 20th Century Boy and Girl, and Top Star Yoo Baek. I fell in love with this person and now here I am following his fan sites, reading forums about him, watching his variety show appearances (Problematic Men, Running Man, My Ugly Duckling). He is the reason of my smiles and laughter these past few days. 

Then I went back to watching the new episode of WTCB today, I can't help but feel sad for his character and how the fans of the drama bash his character. I suddenly felt a bit of hate between the leads and root for KJS's character hahaha.  I want to see him in another drama with lovely storyline (bonus if its TSYB2) but I miss his cheerful smile, I can only wait for the new season of Problematic Men coming back this November.

All I can do for now is rewatch Top Star-ssi and Jin Sang. I want to finish watching Problematic Men too. I hope all the best for Kim Ji Seok.

• Love 1

Hello @faye1030 ! Welcome to the thread.  Definitely feels hard to watch his character being a 1st class jerk from time to time , and then reading it on the thread . That’s why I hv stayed away being active  plus I hv not really been watching the drama fully , just skimming through and seeing his cuts . But I do think If people dislike the character, it is a testament to his acting chops .

I really miss him playing the lead especially after 20th Century and TSYB. Hopefully next role , we will hv him back as the main man . To be honest some  of the oppas I love tend to play villains & 2nd fiddle, so I’m kind of used to it. :lol:

his IG update . I love this little actor who plays Pil Gu . Talented child actor - he was also in another drama I like very much  - My Wife is Having an Affair this Week . 

An article of what they did with the rice wreath donation during the press con

Spoiler

agency update