Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NPB-XK

[At job] Serving hot customers / Dealing with good-looking clients / Etc...

I don't treat them nicer than other customers. I treat all customers equally, unless they are super nice or rude.

I am actually more on the shy side, so when it comes to males around my age, I try to avoid them by helping other customers (as in letting the other employees deal with them). But I am not always successful with avoiding them of course! I am more comfortable with serving those who I do not consider attractive, or not within the same age group but of the opposite gender.

uhhh hmm no? the way i see it everyone gets treated the same.

Actually my pretty friend gets LESS fries and LESS food on her plate LOL

probably cuz she is skinny so they assume she wont finish it all (but she eats alot, fast meta)

but yea... everyones seems gets the same food. I think the person getting discounts maybe he ACTUALLY likes her and is interested in her.

and i also agree with the above... if your nice u get nice service, if your an jerk u wont get as good as service. Maybe the good looking person was smiley. Think about... if a good looking pinkberry gave u dirty stares, yes she is pretty but rude and being bean pie/picky about everything.. u still gonna give her good service? obviously not.

I don't treat them nicer than other customers. I treat all customers equally, unless they are super nice or rude.

I am actually more on the shy side, so when it comes to males around my age, I try to avoid them by helping other customers (as in letting the other employees deal with them). But I am not always successful with avoiding them of course! I am more comfortable with serving those who I do not consider attractive, or not within the same age group but of the opposite gender.

Sorry, I was too lazy to type up my own response but I'm pretty much the same as you. I try to avoid them because I get shy/nervous, but when it can't be avoided, I serve them like any other customer; I just limit eye contact :sweatingbullets:

I think I'm unconsciously pinkberryier to guys who are hot o_O lol I don't really know why.

Once when I was working at this cafe I had to serve these three hot European guys (accent and all XD ), but it turned out that they were such jerks that I just didn't really bother with them haha...

My nice-ness depends on their nice-ness :D

I treat almost everyone the same, regardless whether they're good looking or not. Of course, I do treat customers who always buy things at our place better since I always see them every week. I also tend to be nicer to seniors/old people, especially when they're a couple. :P

Some reason. This thread reminds me of the laundry dude that comes to pick up our clothes.

When my mom's the one giving him the clothes, he starts babbling around.

When it's me, he just completely shuts up.

Really weird.

Probably because I give him death glares. o_____o;

I'm a bit more patient and kind to more attractive customers.

In exchange they shoot a compliment or two towards me and a generous tip, so I suppose it's a win-win.

not me but my friend gets a lot of things free from her creepy tmobile guy. He's like 40, and always tries to ask her out...he gave him free chargers and cell phone holders and blue tooth...but she always turns him down. He's really persistent.

SHE SAID NO AFTER FREE BLUETOOTH?!? Girl's got willpower, I couldn't do it.

Haha, but most people probably do it without even thinking about it, and it's probably not a horrible thing if you smile a little more or make some extra effort when a cute girl walks in. However, giving away free items is not cool in any sense. Besides, not only do you look sleazy doing it but frankly you kind of are, and most girls aren't gonna be swayed by an occasional free soda or a phone charger. If you weren't gonna pick her up with your dashing looks and charm, apparently not even bluetooth is enough. Oh and your boss will eventually hate you and fire you...

I treat everybody the same way because it is still my job to do the best I can regardless of how good looking a customer is.

Actually, I went into a nail store to purchase some things and I was really creeped out when the guy working there was like... $8, but for you, $5.

I am actually more on the shy side, so when it comes to males around my age, I try to avoid them by helping other customers (as in letting the other employees deal with them).

I am EXACTLY like that too! I always get super shy when someone really good looking (or around my age) comes in! I would help their table once or twice and usually shy away.

Other than that I treat everyone equally. Your attitude towards me is the attitude that I will give you. :)

Nah, the clients' looks haven't ever affected the way I've treated them. I'd like to say it's because I'm just fair like that, which I do think is actually true, but actually it's because it's just never been applicable at my past jobs. At my previous job, I rarely saw clients face-to-face and couldn't tell if the men were attractive over the phone (not to mention that they were pretty much all too old!), and at my most recent job it's the clients' animals who matter to me rather than the humans. I didn't treat the less physically attractive animals better, either.

On the other hand, politer clients got treated to a slightly politer, warmer me. A client's behavior has a much bigger impact on the pleasantness of my job than his or her looks. If they do their best to be very friendly and understanding, that's a favor to me that I like to repay, but a merely handsome man hasn't gone out of his way to be handsome for me the way the super polite client has made an effort to be extra pleasant. Why treat him or a beautiful woman better unless he or she is actually nicer to work with?

hmm well i did have this hot guy that I had to do a pedicure for, but he was with his gf. I just did my job that's it. Even if he just stepped in by himself I'd still just do my job. If I was a flirty girl, maybe I'd massage him longer, but I'm not like that. Honestly doing pedicures for any male is awkward. The position I'm in, and the massaging part...ugh...

Hmm I would be a little bias in serving an attractive client

>_>

<_<

But I wouldn't act that way if they were just good-looking. If I could choose between serving a really sociable guy who's not particularly sexy or a really sexy looking guy who doesn't give much of his personality away at first glance, the gregarious person would more eye-catching!

Wah, I never get free things! Oh..wait.. I get it now ._____.

I don't treat pretty people better.. problems are problems, so they're all the same to me. I still have to find a way to help solve it :l (I'm a consultant.)

Can't say it ever effected me.

When I worked in lingerie of course it was nicer to be helping fit a good looking girl with a nice figure than an unattractive girl but since I'm not inclined that way it was purely from an admiration position.

However, once a guy tried to return a Christmas present of lingerie he bought. He explained he was returning it because 3 days before Christmas he found out his (then) gf was cheating on him and they'd broken up. He was so attractive that I allowed him to get a refund for some stockings he had bought with the lingerie (they were unopened etc so we turned a blind eye). He later came back to ask for my number.

Other than that I tended to deal more with females given the environment I was working in. The guys were only there for buy for gfs/wives. Fail.