How do you use the triple waver barrell?

Guest momo panda

Guest momo panda

to achieve hair like Tiffany [snsd] and Taeyeon [with pics]
Recently I've purchased a triple waver barrell which is used to create waves in your hair:

2iw85t1.jpg

but I have no experience of using it. I tried to 'wave' small sections of my hair but it always ends up looking like it has been crimped and I don't like the effect. I'v searched on YT for tutorials but people seem to achieve the 'crimped look' too.

I'm aiming for something like Tiffany and Taeyeon, where their hair is wavy and not crimped, by crimped I mean something like this:

33tgu20.jpg

Tiffany and Taeyeon's hair:

351tkpf.jpg

20zyy6s.jpg

2qbgje0.jpg

20p7fus.jpg

I also like Taylor's hair:

2heeuc7.jpg

imaged credits to soompi and google

As you can see, the waves are big and defined, unlike the crimped hair which looks a but frizzy.

I tried to 'wave' my hair using bigger sections but it still looks the same.. Do you use the waver to do small sections of your hair, or big sections, if so how much hair do you use for each individual wave?

Can someone help me? Anyone have any experinece with using the waver? Or are there any good tutorials?

Thanks <3333!

Guest __herodreams

I've been trying to achieve that hairstyle (Tiffany) too. :/ I got a waver/crimper for it, but it doesn't turn out like Tiffany's hair because I think the barrels are too small. I can get the same wave, but it's more small and looks more .. poofy? I'll be back with a picture~

I wanna learn how to do Tiffany's waves too :/

^ Agreed. I think the best way to achieve that look is with a flat iron. Unfortunately, my hair doesn't seem to want to hold those kinds of waves... Anyone know how to make them last longer?

http://www.youtube.com/user/jungsaemmool used to have a tutorial on doing this hair style with a straightener... but all the videos are gone!! D: nuu

The barrels of the triple waver are too small to create the Korean water wave look, but you might be able to achieve the look of the other images you posted. For Taeyon/Tiffany's hair, it's easier to use a flat iron--just follow the Youtube tutorials about how to get wavy hair with a flat iron, but try to make them bigger and more even (sorry these directions aren't too helpful, I'm trying to remember what was on the video that got removed T_T) good luck~

Guest momo panda

http://www.youtube.com/user/jungsaemmool used to have a tutorial on doing this hair style with a straightener... but all the videos are gone!! D: nuu

The barrels of the triple waver are too small to create the Korean water wave look, but you might be able to achieve the look of the other images you posted. For Taeyon/Tiffany's hair, it's easier to use a flat iron--just follow the Youtube tutorials about how to get wavy hair with a flat iron, but try to make them bigger and more even (sorry these directions aren't too helpful, I'm trying to remember what was on the video that got removed T_T) good luck~

ahh.. that sucks then..since I was certain people used the triple waver to create Tiffany and Taeyeon's waves :(

I find the straightener waving technique difficult.. >___________<"

try this?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=344431

LOOl that's a good idea..but I move around a lot when I sleep so the rollers wil be uncomfortable..if only I could ask snsd's stylist how to achieve those waves...

Archived