[Drama 2010] Mary Stayed Out All Night / Marry Me, Mary! 매리는 외박중

Guest daily_tofu

Guest WhiteFox

I also have one question...just in case i got it wrong in Episode 3.

In that scene when Jung In was with MaeRi in his office...he got a call at his cellphone..and i heard he answered "eomeoni" meaning Mom. Why is it that we have not seen his mother yet..and it seems she does not meddle on this arranged marriage of her son with MaeRi..usually mothers have a say too on whom their son marries.  And wouldn't she reacts if she finds out that her future in-law is the daughter of the woman so dearly loved by her husband before? I nearly thought that Jung In's dad had been a widower too but apparently Jung In's mom is still very much around.

the pronounciation wasn't clear but he said "ne, gamdok-nim" (yes, director).

i think JI's mom passed away. character profile describes that JI grew up motherless.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JaneElliot

Mary's father better have a good reason for wanting jung-in to marry mae-ri so much :/ and ooh thanks for pointing out that scene!! food for thought, food for thought..

I thought it was just because he want's JI's dad to pay off his debts. He's a pretty scummy human being if he's willing to basically SELL his own daughter, though. Why would Mary put up with that? I mean, I know you're supposed to love your family unconditionally, but that's a pretty tough pill to swallow.

Guest kawaiiyuki

I was rewatching Episode 3 AGAIN and something caught my eye! It's the graffiti/design in Mu Gyul's room. And is that Mary I see? AAAAAAAAAA <3333333

Here's a pic. :P

mmm.jpg

I just noticed what you mean. I always love the set designs on k-dramas for ppl's apartment. Happy New Year's place is no different. If you look on the wall you'll see words like 'rock n roll' 'music is my life'and as for the pix i had to squint but you can see her name 'mary' written in purple/blue spray pant. intentional or unconscious? only time will tell. Sneaky set designers. :P

Interesting thoughts! I think...

I don't think Mu Gyul will be acting in the drama. I think he will actually end up doing the OST though, and that's how he will end up being in the drama offices around both SJ and Mae Ri more. I think the haircut is just a haircut. I know JGS had been complaining about having to have long hair, lol. The haircut will end all the lines about "Are you a boy or a girl?" too

I also think that eventually SJ will learn that Mu Gyul and Mae Ri are close and she will get all jealous and become a vindictive b#tch and do awful stuff to her. Lol. Just my thoughts :)

i think the hair cut is base on the manhwa itself.

we see that mu gyul in manhwa starting changing his hair.

actually, JGS hair now, it's one of the mu gyul (in manhwa) hair style :)

this is one of the mu gyul hair style

mugyulcomicnliveaction.jpg

at last mu gyul cut his hair

mugyulpotongrambut.jpg

probably this is jung in manhwa version..:)

Marystayedoutallnight2.jpg

Guest shakethesky

I'm kinda confused about the marriages. So is she married to both guys?? And after the 100 days, is she going to get a divorce??

Mae Ri and Mu Kyul are not married. They just pretended to get married because they thought it would get her dad off her back. But little did they know, her dad registered the marriage with Jung In.

Then they eventually came up with the 100 days thing. And after 100 days she's supposed to choose, but she said she would choose neither. But I'm sure she will fall for one of them, lol.

i think the hair cut is base on the manhwa itself.

we see that mu gyul in manhwa starting changing his hair.

actually, JGS hair now, it's one of the mu gyul (in manhwa) hair style :)

Ahhh. I keep forgetting this is based off a Manhwa. lol Thanks for telling about this! :)

Guest kawaiiyuki

I'm kinda confused about the marriages. So is she married to both guys?? And after the 100 days, is she going to get a divorce??

To answer your question MaeRi found out that her dad wanted her marry her off to JungIn. Therefore she pretends to married to MyGyul. She talked MuGyul into taking a wedding photo with her to show her dad and they worked it out so that when her dad or JungIn she acts like she's really in love. She's just pretending to be married to MuGyul.

She is officially married to JungIn. She is registered as married to JungIn. Even though she said she married GuMyul they don't registrar their marriage with the government. Her dad thinks that he beat her to it because he already went and officially completed the licenses with her name and JungIn's name therefore, making her legally married to JungIn. Her dad thinks it has prevented her from registraring her marriage with MuGyul.

At the end of 100 days if she picks MuGyul she can have JungIn sign divorce papers which would allow her to her to registrar her marriage with MuGyul. If she picks JungIn-JungIn's dad might throw a wedding and officially had her name to family registry. (I don't believe she has been added to JungIn's family registry she just has a marriage license with JungIn stating they are legally married. In korea in order to be officially part of someone's family his/her name has to added to family registry. That's why her dad wants MaeRi to pick JungIn because even though it's written on paper she is married she's not 'part of the family' 100% and JungIn's dad can still take back the money he gave her dad to pay off his debt. If she was part of the family as an in-law he would help her family out because they are now related)

Hope that clears things up. If you still don't understand feel free to ask again. :P

Guest kawaiiyuki

Ahhh. I keep forgetting this is based off a Manhwa. lol Thanks for telling about this! :)

Sometimes it sucks when it's based off a manhwa cause they sometimes get actors to portray what is drawn in manhwa (think about some of the outfits from goong) I'm hoping Happy New Year will change is hair style soon, like when he officially starts fighting for Merry Christmas. I'm surprise JGS doesn't like long hair. In YAB his hair was kinda long but kept out of his face more.

So maybe there is a haircut in the future for Happy New Year. Maybe he gets a hair cut for the New Year? :lol:

Guest whiteberry192

Somehow i pity Mu gyul character here.. He seems lonely... and it hurts my heart soo muchhh... Ottokee??

When I read the preview written by ockoala, it seems that he is moreee lonely coz I feel that his mery xmas will go awayyy soon...

hmmm.. it hurts... sighh...

Guest shakethesky

Sometimes it sucks when it's based off a manhwa cause they sometimes get actors to portray what is drawn in manhwa (think about some of the outfits from goong) I'm hoping Happy New Year will change is hair style soon, like when he officially starts fighting for Merry Christmas. I'm surprise JGS doesn't like long hair. In YAB his hair was kinda long but kept out of his face more.

So maybe there is a haircut in the future for Happy New Year. Maybe he gets a hair cut for the New Year? :lol:

I don't like it when its based off manhwa bc then some people who have read it will spoil the plot. :\

But someone who read the manhwa for this said they already changed some things. Like when Jung-In enters the picture, Mu Gyul and Mae Ri are already happily married (willingly).  This is what someone said. I haven't read it. Lol

I also have one question...just in case i got it wrong in Episode 3.

In that scene when Jung In was with MaeRi in his office...he got a call at his cellphone..and i heard he answered "eomeoni" meaning Mom. Why is it that we have not seen his mother yet..and it seems she does not meddle on this arranged marriage of her son with MaeRi..usually mothers have a say too on whom their son marries.  And wouldn't she reacts if she finds out that her future in-law is the daughter of the woman so dearly loved by her husband before? I nearly thought that Jung In's dad had been a widower too but apparently Jung In's mom is still very much around.

i tried so hard to find the "eomoni" ur talking about but i dont find it(i thought i missed it)~ maybe you mean "kamdongnim"? =director~ can you maybe pinpoint the minute where he said that? 

gosh this drama is totally getting to me.

especially the song in ep 4!!

does anyone know what it is?

the one that starts around 5:25 in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAtzYvCmGgo&feature=related

it's so cute and befitting!!

Guest kawaiiyuki

I don't like it when its based off manhwa bc then some people who have read it will spoil the plot. :\

But someone who read the manhwa for this said they already changed some things. Like when Jung-In enters the picture, Mu Gyul and Mae Ri are already happily married (willingly).  This is what someone said. I haven't read it. Lol

Totally agree with you.

But it's only loosely based on the manhwa. so we don't have to worry. The manhwa gave a shell and the writer and directors and actors are now fitting them in. That's what is making the drama soooo addicting! (Well that's what i think)

From episode 3 what did Jung In say into his phone? I think the eng subs said 'mom' and i think i also heard him say mom. If so i'm guessing his parents have separated or she's away on business and still japan.

I thought it was just because he want's JI's dad to pay off his debts. He's a pretty scummy human being if he's willing to basically SELL his own daughter, though. Why would Mary put up with that? I mean, I know you're supposed to love your family unconditionally, but that's a pretty tough pill to swallow.

I think Mary put up with it because of the 100-day clause. She knew she had a way out of this whole fiasco without implicating her dad as a criminal, and she'd get to live her own life at the end. Never did she know that JI's dad had changed the terms... >.<

I also heard JI said "omoni"... but I thought it was probably his friend's mom or something (but then he didn't seem to have any friend... O.o)

The story is so different than the manga. In the manga, Mary-Mugyul relationship is a done deal before Jung In entered into it. Here, the two guys are on equal footings... which is what makes it so addicting, because we can't be sure in which direction the wind would blow :P

Yes, I heard Keun Suk cut his hair, although no clear pics as yet (can't wait for tomorrow, because surely someone would snap his pics at the airport? ^o^ ). He's been saying since months ago he actually preferred short hair (like in Happy Life or Beethoven Virus), but has to keep it long because of his role.

Looking at the length (in the blur pics circulating online), I think it's most likely like this?

1-1.jpg

Just finished watching EP 3 & 4 with Eng subs. Loving the story every seconds!! MG & MR are sooooo sweeet ..

Just love it when MR said ' Jagiyaaaa ' (HONEY) .....

I dont quite like MG's mom....so irresponsible & childish!! Felt sad when his mom left him at the Ice Cream cafe ...

MG is such a lonely child ... so, he is what he is .....a cold person yet a sweet guy ....ohhhh, I cud hv melt!!

And so hate MR's dad ...sooo self-centred!!

Guest sw33t_pea

OHH i just started this drama yesterday....just wanted to get in one episode..but the acting skills on these two are amazing!! I have enjoyed all of their movies/dramas..so this was no surprise to me how great the chemistry between them was!!! sooo addicting and FunnY!! ( yeah..I kinda hope he would cut his hair later on in the drama...hehe)

Guest kawaiiyuki

Yes, Happy Ne wYear with SHORT HAIR. I can't wait. As you can tell from my screaming :P

MaeRie and MuGyul's life mirror each other. MaeRi 'grew up' fixing her dad's mess, hence the 100 day thingy with JI. MuGyul 'grew up' fix his mom's messes hence, force to do the OST for JI's drama.

Someone asked why MaeRi would put up with her dad? well cause her father is her only family. She wanted to tell the police her dad forged the marriage license and she never agreed to it but when the lawyer told her he would go to jail and have it documents she quickly agreed to 100 day. (She still uses it as bait to a point) We might say that we'd never let our family hurt/use us but subconsciously as a person we have built that trusting relationship with them and bond that isn't easy to break. You can see from the preview of epi 5 that MuGyul was ready to let his mother learn from her mess but at the end he couldn't let leave her alone. We want to make things easier-take the blame if needed to protect the ones we love.

MaeRi also agreed to marriage because at the end she is allowed to choose-JI or MuGyul. Sure that's not fair but since her dad isn't putting her in any physical harm she decided to can live with it for 100 days.

Some also wrote that MaeRi's dad sold her out and if you think from one point of view he did cause he never asked her about it and just said' here you're married' but from a dad's POV I think it's his way of making sure she does not suffer any more. The family has money so she doesn't need to worry about working part time any more. She can finish her degree and do what she wishes. Therefore in the long run-it might not be such a bad thing.

Archived