Yoon Jong Shin ( 윤종신 )

Guest jos7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ctpf.jpg

75360986.jpg

Yoon Jong Shin appeared as a guest on SBS Night After Night on 101227, and MBC Come to Play on 101206. There was a "music battle" between Jong Shin and Shin Seung Hun on Come to Play show where for round 1, they each sing their old hit from the 90s. In round 2, the MCs gave them a sheet with a few lines and they have to sing those lines in any way they like. LOL, Jong Shin is amazing: creative + original + smooth vocals. Shin Seung Hun has good vocals too, but his style is the usual ballad stuff. 

As an aside, Jong Shin will be releasing an EP with 5-6 songs in 2011. However, he'll be releasing a single in January 2011 called 'Happy New Year...With You' -featuring Kim Kwang Min. *UPDATED* 

Yoon Jong Shin performed on ICON 11/01/08.

He also performed a concert ( MTV The Stage) back in December 2010, which is aired on MTV Korea on Jan 7, 2011. Ahh, I really want to watch the concert but I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet... Lena Park also appeared as a guest singer and they did a duet together.

Yoon Jong Shin reveals names of famous singers who rejected him

Although it was already known that pop diva Lee Hyori rejected Yoon Jong Shin when he offered her his self-composed songs, apparently Lee Hyori was not the only one who shared this experience of rejecting the composer.

During a recent episode of KBS’s Yoo Hee-Yeol’s Sketchbook, Yoon Jong Shin appeared on the show as a guest and talked about being rejected by numerous singers. The composer explained, “In my newest album, there is a song called ‘Regret King.’ I originally gave this song to Moses but he rejected the offer by saying that he felt the song did not match with him. After that, I offered this song to Kim Jong Gook but he tried to hit me!”

Yoon Jong Shin then continued, “I also gave this song to BoA. I altered the chords a bit to give it a more womanly feel but I was again rejected. Unsurprisingly, Lynn too, rejected the song, as she said, ‘I do not think this is it.’”

Finally, in a desperate attempt, Yoon Jong Shin talks about how he encouraged well known ‘ballad prince’ Sung Shi Kyung to take the song. However, Yoon Jong Shin reveals that Sung Shi Kyung replied, “Hyung, I am not the first person you gave this song to right?”, and joked that the song itself must have a “used” feel to it. In the end, Yoon Jong Shin decided to put “Regret King” in his own album.

Furthermore, the singer also stated that one of his songs called ‘I Hope I Hope’ was a song that he gave to Super Junior but it was rejected instead.

Be sure to watch Yoon Jong Shin talk about his funny song rejection cases on the January 15th episode of Yoo Hee-Yeol’s Sketchbook!

Source: allkpop, Newsen

My comment; So sad, yet a bit funny. But really so sad for him. 'King of Regrets' is track 12 of his Vol. 12 album, sung by Kim Yeon Woo. It's actually a nice ballad, so I don't know..maybe it just didn't fit those other artists' style.  As for 'I Hope I Hope' which is track 9 of his Vol. 12 album is downright awful, lol ( you can read the album review about it at www.jctmusicnotes.blogspot.com). So I guess it's good that SJ didn't accept it. Although Jong Shin composes these 2 tracks, it was produced by Postino. Perhaps, that's part of the problem...

Soribada reveals the results of the top 100 albums of the 2000’s

Major music site Soribada chose the top 100 best albums of the 2000’s and began revealing a bit of the list each day since September 30th.  The list will run for a total of 100 days until finally revealing the full list on January 14, 2011.

Soribada stated, “We chose these albums with 39 music professionals including music critics, journalists, composers and writers, that work with major music magazine, ‘100 Beat.‘”

The CEO of Soribada, Yang Jung Hwan, continued, “Music reflects the life style of its generation and holds so much more meaning in its content. We believe that this list is a necessity not only to look back at the memories of the past 10 years but to advance the current music market and to hopefully predict the future. In order to fulfill such meaning, Soribada has agreed to participate in the project in finding the top 100 albums of the first ten years.”

100. Jang Giha and Faces – “Living Without Trouble” (2009)

51. Yoon Jong Shin – “Behind the Smile” (2005) ****

3. Lee Jang Hyuk – “Lee Jang Hyuk” (2004

2. My Sister’s Barber – “The Most Normal Existence"

1. Jung Pil Soon – “Soony 6″ (2002)

Source: allkpop, Soribada

___

My comments: Yeah!! Yoon Jong Shin made the list, #51.  Haha! Vol. 10 Behind the Smile is certainly one of his best albums, and it's one of my favourite!

Yoon Jong Shin's February monthly single will be released on Jan 31, titled "바바바" (Bababa) featuring 이상순 (Lee Sang-Soon).

Don't know what to expect with a title like that, haha! Hopefully it's good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yoon Jong Shin - Performance with his son (2011)

Yoon Jong Shin performs "막걸리나 (Rice Wine)"- track 4 from Vol. 12 and track 2 of 2010 April Monthly album - with his son (Lyke). He recently posted on his Twitter page (@MelodyMonthly). It's too cute not to post this...haha.

Watch it at http://www.twitvid.com/DSMDH 

Credit: jctmusicnotes, @MelodyMonthly

• 2 weeks later...

Yoon Jong Shin is hosting the 2nd season of Mnet Director's Cut with Harim. The first guests are Shin Hyesung, Lyn, and Kwanghee (ZE:A). *Modified 11/02/19* The show premieres today, Feb 11, 2011.  Check out the promo clip:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iEvu3Awb4_I

Mnet's Director's Cut S2 will have a different concept compare to S1, which was also hosted by Yoon Jong Shin. The new concept is similar to 1-night-2 day, and more like "music hitchhiking". "Director's Cut Season 2", also known as "Director's Cut - Street Musicians", takes on a reality show format. During these trip, they will be performing greatest hits.

Credit: mnet  (http://mnet.mnet.com...ector/index.asp)

• 2 weeks later...

Kim DongWan (Shinhwa) revealed on National Heroes/On Your Command (11/02/19) that he recently attended Yoon Jong Shin's concert.  Haha! That's so cool, I like him when he was a guest on FO. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates!

1.  Yoon Jong Shin will be the wedding singer for ChunHee's wedding!! ChunHee personally asked Jong Shin too. lol, FO love! 

Yoon Jong Shin has sung for many singers, and actors' weddings in the past, so I kinda predicted ChunHee might get Jong Shin to sing for his wedding especially since they know each other so well.

Source: mediainnews.kr

2. Yoon Jong Shin and Lee Seung Chul are confirmed to be the judges for SuperStar K 3.

Source: allkpop, Star News

3. Yoon Jong Shin released his March monthly single - you can check it out here: www.jctmusicnotes.blogspot.com

* Last edited 11/03/04

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Seung Chul and Yoon Jong Shin to continue as judges for “Superstar K3″

For three consecutive years, “Superstar K” judges Lee Seung Chul and Yoon Jong Shin have been working diligently with the series, and it was announced that the two would return for “Superstar K3“!

In the upcoming days, Lee Seung Chul and Yoon Jong Shin will be attending a press conference to discuss the beginning of the program, and whether the third season would follow a different route.

It’s currently rumoured that season 3 will focus on group activities rather then solo vocals, and will incorporate all other genres besides pop and ballads.

Officials commented, “The music industry needs new blood, and finding truly talented singers is pretty difficult. This season, we will look forward to finding that unique talent that’s different from most.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/lee-seung-chul-and-yoon-jong-shin-to-continue-as-judges-for-superstar-k3

Guest adikkeluangman

Swings releases “By Instinct Remix” feat. Taeyang & Yoon Jong Shin

Nearly 8 months, Korean rapper Swings was featured on Big Bang Taeyang’s track ‘After You Fall Asleep’ from his “SOLAR” album. Now, there’s a bit of a role reversal as Taeyang is featured in Swings latest digital single release, ‘By Instinct Remix.’

The track also features Yoon Jong Shin of Family Outing fame and is a rap remix version of the original track with Yoon Jong Shin.

Listen : HERE

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/swings-releases-by-instinct-remix-ft-taeyang-yoon-jong-shin

Who are the Top 100 in K-pop for 2011?

Who will make the list of K-pop’s power 100 for 2011?

On March 16th, Korea’s only pop music book/magazine, “Pop Music SOUND Volume 2“, released a list of the Top 100 K-pop powers.

Check out some of the rankings below!

1) Lee Soo Man

2) Park Jin Young

3) Yang Hyun Suk

50) Yoon Jong Shin **

51) Rain

58) Lee Seung Chul

66) Kim Jang Hoon

Source: allkpop, TV daily

My comment: Yoon Jong Shin is # 50! haha, nice!

Aside: I finally watched some episodes of Director's Cut with YJS. It's alright, but would be way better if there was subs. On ep. 2, Lyn sang 새로고침 (Refresh), which is track 1 of YJS's Vol 12 album, in which the song was composed by YJS but  the vocals were by Lyn. So it was nice to hear it live.

Half way through the song, Lyn was too tired to continue since it was late evening, but Jong Shin wouldn't stop, so he started to sing with a falsetto! It was so funny! I was surprised that he still sounds good but I prefer his usual vocals.  You can tell his passion for music is still very strong!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yoon Jong Shin reveals his passport picture

2011050631306566.jpg

Singer Yoon Jong Shin has revealed his passport picture!

On May 4th, Yoon Jong Shin wrote on his Twitter, “After getting a reason to go to America, I saw this… It’s been over 10 years since I got a visa… Time sure flies.. I hear you don’t even need a visa.. I’m going to the county office for a electronic passport..” and with that, he uploaded his passport picture under the caption, ‘32 years old Yoon Jong Shin”.

In this picture, Yoon Jong Shin sports a 5:5 hairstyle and horn-rimmed glasses. He also has an awkward smile around his lips.

Seeing this picture, netizens laughed, “Although I’m your fan…it’s kind of funny..” “I’m looking at this in the bus. I’m having a hard time controlling my laughter. But still, you look handsome, hyung.” “Oppa, you shouldn’t do that hairstyle anymore.” and “You didn’t change at all” “….I’m still your fan…”.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/yoon-jong-shin-reveals-his-passport-picture

Guest jos7

Yoon Jong Shin will be having a concert this summer - June 17-19, 2011 entitled, "The Separation of Life". I guess the theme follows his May monthly single about separation/break ups. Nice! I really like his May monthly single. I'm actually surprised he's having concerts this year since he had so many last year for his 20th anniversary since debut. Hmm...maybe he'll release another album this year, haha! That would be awesome. 

Here's a trailer for the concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTV8J4A2c1k

Jong Shin is not even singing, but it's some other guy! I guess that means there's going to be some guest singers... 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yoon Jong Shin – the sixth member of 4minute?

1306745309_164166.jpg

Singer Yoon Jong Shin took a friendly picture with the girls of 4minute!

On May 30th, Yoon Jong Shin shared the following picture through his Twitter, writing “Mnet Director’s Cut 4minute”.

The veteran star and the idol members are seen sporting a friendly pose with bright smiles on their faces.

Netizens were charmed by the warmth of the photo, “Yoon Jong Shin-sshi, you look like you have been added as a new member”, “You guys really fit well together”, and “Make a spot for me, too.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/yoon-jong-shin-the-sixth-member-of-4minute

Archived