Official (SS501's) Heo Young Saeng Thread (허영생)

Guest Chara

youngsaeng65.jpg

ysbanner.png

Name: Heo Young Saeng (Kor.: 허영생; Hanja:許永生)

Date of Birth: 3. November 1986

Place of Birth: Jeollobuk-do, Gochang

Studies: Dong Seoul University, Performing Art

Assigned Group (Singer): SS501

furtherinformation.png

Position: Main high vocal

Nickname: Otter, Prince, Bad Boy

Zodiac: Scorpio

Chinese zodiac sign: Tiger

Height: 178cm

Weight: 63kg

Blood Type: O

Family members: Parents

Hobbies: gaming, listening to music, self-caming, photographing,

Talents: Piano, voice intimation

Ideal girl type: Song Hye-gyo, Moon Geun-Young, Sung Yu-ri,

Idols: Seo Tai-ji, Lee Min-woo (Shinwa), Justin Timberlake, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson

Quote: “Since I have a big dream I want to have many role models, not just one. And add their advantages together. So I don’t have a specific role model. I want to do everything I can.” (5 Men 5 Years)

ideal girl: cute, considerate, intelligent, sincere

Ways to release stress: gaming, shopping,

Most blessed moments: While on stage

Favourite SS501-Song: Wings of the world

Image: Bad Boy Style, Romanticist, comfortable, cute

Want-to-have-Image: Frank person (actually he is, but can’t show it through cam cause he gets anxious easily.)

Music-Dream: Wants to do all genre; Jazz, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop etc… The music he makes should be stylish and shouldn’t be classified with one specific genre… Wants to create a ‘Heo Young Saeng’ genre, wants to sing a song that people will remember as song that was first sung by him

Motto: Quote “Changes very often. Nothing special.” (Taiwan Promotion Interview)

Heo Young Saeng was born on 3rd November 1986 and was named by a pastor. The kind-hearted boy who extremely listened to his parents words liked gaming and taking picture of him since very early. When he came to school he was very popular and loved to show individual skills. So he had many friends with whom he liked to get along harmoniously. Young Saeng felt the urge to become a singer in 4th grade, when he participated in a talent show with a friend. He loved to stand out then and they received thunderous applause and special treatment even in the bathroom. When adolescence came his character began to change in middle school and he wasn’t that outgoing anymore. With close friends by his side and hard work of himself he gained back his self-confidence and showed his skills to others again. Then he graduated from high school and came to Seoul as 17 years old boy, strongly determined to become a singer.

He started out his dream as trainee under SM Entertainment but left there later. (A reason for this wasn’t officially stated.) After a year of trying, hard work and training, he nearly gave up on his dreams. A close friend rescued him once more, so that he started anew after that and settled down his determination, this time under DSP Entertainment, where he on a friend’s advice auditioned and gained admittance to the group. With 19 years he debuted as SS501 member together with Kim Hyun Joong (Leader), Kim Kyu Jong (Center), Park Jung Min (Sexy Charisma) and Kim Hyung Jun (Maknae) on 8th June 2005 with their first single “경고” (“Warning”). Absolutely relieved but nevertheless wiped out, he started crying tears of joy after the debut performance, bleeding from his nostrils, too. Since debut SS501’s fame rose very quickly.

In 2006 Heo Young Saeng was diagnosed with a bad throat condition. He had developed a problem with his vocal chords and had to undergo surgery. The surgery was successful but the healing process was long and it was a hard time for him.

But finally in November 2006 SS501 was able to release their first full studio album S.T.01 NOW. In 2007 they had Japan activities and at last, in 2008, a Sub Unit of SS501, consisting of Heo Young Saeng as the leader, Kim Kyu Jong and Kim Hyung Jun formed, due to individual activities of SS501’s leader Kim Hyun Joong (starring in the Drama “Boys over Flowers”) and Park Jung Min (having the lead role in the Musical “Grease”). So the Sub Unit produced a special mini album, U R Man, which was till then the best selling album SS501 made. Apart from further successful group activities in 2009 and 2010 Heo Young Saeng had solo projects in two OSTs. He sang “눈물을 지워가” (“I erase tears”) for "Friend, our Legend” OST (2009) and “사랑해요 미안해요“ (“I’m sorry, I love you”) for “Will it snow for Christmas” OST in late 2009. In April 2010 he went alone to Japan, where this drama was about to be released and sang his song there. For the latest Album “Destination” he wrote the lyrics for the song “영원토록“ (Until Forever“). 8th June 2010 arrived and the contract with DSP ended.

After lots of thoughts and a long wait, that seemed like eternity for fans, Heo Young Saeng decided to sign with B2M (B2M Entertainment) Company, together with fellow member Kim Kyu Jong. The Come Back on 12th of Mai 2011 with his first mini-album which was the starting point of his solo activities, was eagerly awaited by fans all over the world. 

After his Solo Debut, his company (B2M) decided for an official Fanclub Name, which is "Y.E.S." (meaning YoungSaeng Eternal Supporters). "Let it go", which was a hit among the K-Pop Charts, made the name Heo Young Saeng more widely known. After the promotions for the song he joined the Musical "The Three Musketeers" where he played the role of "D'artagnan", which made him even more famous. Happily enjoing the play for nearly 3 month he had to say "Goodbye" to the Musical Stage on 24th December 2011 in Daegu. Soon after that another song for an OST was released. 

Soon after that more releases followed in Korea ("SOLO", "LIFE") as well as in Japan ("Overjoyed", "Memories to you"). Especially the Japanese Full Albums show how much he still regards SS501-times, never forgetting how and with who he started with. But also in Korea, when performing, he always introduces himself as "SS501's Heo Young Saeng" which is written as well on all official posters. (example: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/q71/1004831_350875365043101_1870987928_n.jpg, 15.September 2013).

additonal.png

Trainee under SM Entertainment, making him close with members of TVXQ (Jaejoong, Yunho) and Super Junior (Siwon, Yehsung). He later joined DSP Entertainment and debut as a member of SS501 on 8 June 2005.

He hosted SS501’s Youngstreet Radio (SBS, 2006) together with Park Jung Min from 1 May to Aug 2006. Then he had to cancel this activity due to throat condition.

In time of their Sub Unit activities his solo song “사랑인거죠“ (“Is it love?“) was released on the U R Man album. It’s the first song he wrote and composed himself, and with this he is the first member in SS501 doing that. The song was already written in 2007 when SS501 had their activities in Japan.

solosongs.png

Solo Albums

~1. Korean Releases~

"Let it Go" (released: May 2011), Mini Album 

heo-young-saeng-first-mini-album.jpg

01.Out The Club (ft.Tae-wan)

02. Let It Go (ft.Hyun-Ah)

03. Rainy Heart (비가 내리던 그 어느 날) (ft.Kyu Jong)

04. I’m Broken

05. Let It Go (Instrumental)

"SOLO" (May 2012), Mini Album

Screen_Shot_2015-08-31_at_1.01.30_PM.thu 

01. Intimidated

02. Crying

03. Maria [눈물나무]

04. Hello Mello [Only Love]

05. Crying Instrument

"LIFE" (March 2013), Mini Album

Screen_Shot_2015-08-31_at_1.04.23_PM.thu

01. Life

02. 작업의 정석 (타이틀곡) (The art of seduction)

03. 그게 나야 (That's me)

04. 알아 다 (Learn)

05. 작업의 정석 (INST.)

~2. Japanese Releases~

"Overjoyed" (September 2012), Full Album

ov1.jpg

01. DraMagic!

02. VACATION

03. 1.2.3

04. BEAUTIFUL

05. True Tears

06. Crying-Japanese ver.

07. LET IT GO (Japanese)

08. Dream on

09. とぎれた夜をつないで  (Connect the broken night)

10. Timeless Love

11. Hello Mello (Japanese)

"Memories To You", Full Album (Juli 2013)

440f110e2b8dc06f789c3ce9a21e3954-300x300.jpg

01. Always You & I (New Song)

02. Hoshizora (SS501 Cover)

03. Mermaid (SS501 Cover)

04. Again (SS501 Cover)

05. Is It Love? (Acoustic Ver.) (Rearranged)

06. The Broken Night 2013 (Rearranged)

07. Dream On 2013 (Rearranged)

08. Everything You (New Song)

09. All My Love (SS501 Cover)

10. First Sky I've Ever Seen (Memorial Ver.) (Composed) (Only included in Standard Edition only)

HEO YOUNG SAENG, GO GO GO!!! WE MISS YOU AND WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU!!! FOREVER YOURS, YOUR GREEN PEAS!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ricelync

wow! u started a thread for young saeng!! how nice...i was actually looking for a thread for him before but can't find any..really appreciate this..and yeah lets all spazz about saengi!! ♥

Guest _501stars_

SAENGIE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

...even though my bias is Kyu >_<;;;

But seriously, he's is so amazing...his voice, his cuteness, his dimples ;]

He's a very talented "Bad Boy" Prince ♥

@Chara thanks for starting this thread :)

Hey girls.^^ Nice to see you here. Hope we will have news of our otter soon. It's been so long, since he was officially to see for us... meaning, not on his Cy-photos, not at the concert, not going or coming back from USA or Japan... this all is private matter actually... When will he say to all fans: "Hey there, here I am, look at me, now you are allowed to!"

I had a weird dream a week ago... Young Saeng standing at my balcony smoking a cigarette, looking up to the stars... In this outfit:

30b3e8f827d8a2546c22eb2c.jpg

Do I miss him too much, or why do I dream sth like that? I even seem to have accepted his smoking...

Yay thanks for starting this thread, chara!

Lucky you, having to dream of him :wub:

Been missing him so so so much.

Hope everything goes well for him, as well as kyujong~

2zo9i89.jpg

Thanks again for the thread ^_^

Guest colorfullshine

chara... thank you for starting this tread... he's my favorite member in SS501...

this morning my friend share me a wonderful news regarding him...

HE ALREADY JOINED TWITTER WORLD ^^

steven lee and park ji bin already followed him back.

this is the screencaps that i made..

new-picture-16.jpg?w=480&h=263

and the picture that he tweeted

156118185.jpg?w=480&h=360

chara... thank you for starting this tread... he's my favorite member in SS501...

Goodness, I've been waiting soooo long keke.

And he tweeted! Beautiful scenery of las vegas~

So glad he finally joined twitter, seems like he joined on 2nd August?

He sure took one month to figure out how to use twitter :lol:

Hopefully he uses it often yeah? :D

Sorry for posting again, I needed to talk about my joy! >~<

I'm still in like the hyper mode keke.

And he's using this as twitter pic,

fnyd1c.jpg

I find it so cute, loving his smile~

Guest ricelync

http://tripleofkisses.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/new-picture-16.jpg?w=480&h=263

http://tripleofkisses.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/156118185.jpg?w=480&h=360

thanks for sharing..yeah i saw that this morning..and really..i don't know what to do when i saw steven lee tweeted and confirmed that its the real YS..i followed him even before confirming coz i have a very good feeling that it is indeed him because his friend (the kid) park ji bin is following him and is the very first one to follow him too..now i feel that we became closer to YS and we can send him msg anytime..i just hope he'll be active in twitter!! what a happy day!! :)

..............................................................................................

..............................................................................................

HELP!!!

This is too great! Girls, you can't imagine the state I'm in... I'm flowing with tears (of joy), and I can't think right it seems... AHHHHHHHHHH, I'm so nervous.

I can't believe he is there. That makes him so close in this moment. And what nonsense is this? He is not closer then he was before.

Ah I can't think straight.... I'm so superhappy to see him on twitter, but I'm as well mega worried...

I have to take notice of what I'm writing now....

Guest colorfullshine

@fishyo: on august 2nd?!?! omo... that's my birthday... so i'll share our (ys' twitter acc + I) birthday... i'm so happy i thought before that he cant use twitter n still stuck w/ his cyworld... :wub:

So glad he finally joined twitter, seems like he joined on 2nd August?

He sure took one month to figure out how to use twitter :lol:

How did you find out about that? Can that be seen?

@fishyo: on august 2nd?!?! omo... that's my birthday... so i'll share our (ys' twitter acc + I) birthday... i'm so happy i thought before that he cant use twitter n still stuck w/ his cyworld... :wub:

Really?! Aww lucky you ;)

To think baby's birthday falls on the day after too!

Still misses him so much after the s'pore event here :tears:

Yes, I hope he uses twitter more often!

Ys did keep his promise, didn't he? On second thoughts.. he didn't really promise to use twitter keke.

He seems to learn it quite well anyway, since he's able to post pictures and whatnot.

Otter's a fast learner :D

Then we will have more updates for our threads! ^^

How did you find out about that? Can that be seen?

Well, I used the twitter app for iPhones :sweatingbullets:

It states 2nd Aug, so i'm guessing it's right yeah XD

Btw! Hope you don't mind, but i noticed this!

1ypncm.jpg

Great number of post, isn't it? :w00t:

Kekeke.

----------------

Well, I hardly speak up in soompi, so I don't really know if i'm violating any rules.

Perhaps for posting too much? Or talking about irrelevant stuff~

Hope I'm on the right track.

So, anybody wants a wallpaper? ^^

th_fishy_sw1.jpg

It's an old one I made, but like what i said before, i love his smile :wub:

----------------

Edited,

YS tweeted :D

23ruw4g.jpg

2cxi06p.jpg

He looks so adorable in the yellow jacket. Actually he does look good in anything~

And the cute twibbon! Share the love :D

Edited @ 12:33AM,

09/06 [trans] YoungSaeng's Tweet @ 12.33am

Credits : @mystyle1103 + (English translation) xiaochu @ Quainte501.com

Please repost with full credits

2qmdo1s.jpg

Learnt a little from JiBin..Frankly speaking, I don't know how to use this - - I tried (to use) so that I won't fall behind times;; I don't know anything other than this but I

m still playing this - - Heats up my battery so fast.. This twitter thing, I just have to write words myself right? ke

He's tweeting again, really making me happy :D

So cute, trying to learn how to use twitter!

We sure have to thank his little good friend, Jibin for teaching him!

Grinning from ear to ear, didn't expect him to tweet again this fast!

Jibin's tweet reply @ 2:47AM

9gv6sk.jpg

Cr:@Actor_ParkJiBin

Jibin teaching otter about replies?

Idk, I think saeng's asleep XD

These people, typing a whole chunk of korean~ :X

Btw! Hope you don't mind, but i noticed this!

1ypncm.jpg

Great number of post, isn't it? :w00t:

Kekeke.

Hey. ^^ Good thing you noticed. I wouldn't have. :lol: Interesting. on 4th September too. Was the right day, hm? Youngsaeng starting twitter, exactly 1 year and 2 month after I joined here, and the dates of YS's tweet and my joining date are similar in a way... 04.09.(10) and 04.(07.)09.... hm... ^^ :lol: strange. I see too many parallels.

Youngsaeng being in twitter is still... don't know... I will need some more time.

Fishyo, so good, you kept that updated. Thanks.

Edit:

Oh strange... Look at the screen shot you took: Joining date is 4th of July. Now looking at my ava-pic: Joining date is 3rd of July...

Hey. ^^ Good thing you noticed. I wouldn't have. :lol: Interesting. on 4th September too. Was the right day, hm? Youngsaeng starting twitter, exactly 1 year and 2 month after I joined here, and the dates of YS's tweet and my joining date are similar in a way... 04.09.(10) and 04.(07.)09.... hm... ^^ :lol: strange. I see too many parallels.

Youngsaeng being in twitter is still... don't know... I will need some more time.

Fishyo, so good, you kept that updated. Thanks.

Edit:

Oh strange... Look at the screen shot you took: Joining date is 4th of July. Now looking at my ava-pic: Joining date is 3rd of July...

Yeah, I think he started tweeting on 4th Sept~

If you didn't mention, I didn't realised about the different joining dates too. Okay that's really weird... Now your user states 4th July again. ;o

Takes time to get use to him on Twitter yeah? ^^

On the other hand, I guess it's a good thing he's trying to use it?

For me I'm just really ecstatic about the fact he's trying to use twitter keke.

It's like a step closer to know how well he's been, aside from the news~

--------------------

Jibin's taught him how to use direct message, I hope he still tweets though!

& maybe he could follow the rest of the members on twitter too~

Most recent tweet on 7Sept,

Mystyle1103: "@Steven_Lee_ 친구중에새한마리요?머징?ㅡㅡ"

In reply to "@mystyle1103 친구중에 새한마리는 뭐니 ㅋㅋ" by Steven Lee

Translations,

Credits : @Steven_Lee_ + @mystyle1103 + (English Translation) xiaochu @ Quainte501.com

Repost with full credits

Mystyle1103: "@Steven_Lee_ A bird among friends? What's that? - - "

In reply to "@mystyle1103 What is a bird among friends keke " by Steven Lee

Guest ricelync

@fishyo thanks for posting all the updates from saengi's twitter..

young saeng is just too cute...being so clueless like that..a bird among friends?..LOL..when i first read it, i was like..what are they talking about?..can they possibly be talking about twibbon? coz of the bird thing..LOL..and then i realized..yeah..they must be talking about it..coz saengi is following that bird! haha..

hope ys will continue to be active on twitter..he knows how to reply now..hope he can follow baby & mal and talk to each other..but now JiBin taught him how to use DM..maybe JiBin is teaching him using direct message now? haha..its actually so fun to read their conversation!

Whahaha... LOL, I love our German SS501 Fansite! Today THIS came out. Don't know, maybe many of you know already. Was new for me though. Thought I better post that.^^

http://ss501germany.weebly.com/1/post/2010/09/young-saeng-endless-memory-photobook-scans.html

SOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!

Guest merrick_de_lioncourt

i would love to spazz about saeng... but i'm too busy... hahaha!!! anyway, thanks chara for creating this thread. i was hesitant to make one months ago cuz i feared that there's one already existing... so this means, this is the first (and only) one here in soompi, right? ^^

i'm sooo happy that saeng is learning how to use twitter!!! at the same time, i felt worried for him cuz he might not know (at first) that whatever he was tweeting can be read by all his followers (*greedy monsters*). but i guess, this fear is off the table since jibin's giving him twitter101 lessons. so i guess he will be using direct messages more from now on? that's sad cuz we won't be able to see them, but then, it's ok for his privacy... hahaha! ^^ now i don't know what i want. lol. ^^ maybe he will tweet in english one day, eh?! ^^

here's something i took from ss601.com weeks ago... i'm sure we've all seen this... but it's nice to re-post. lol. ^^

saengswimming.gif  VS  otterswimming.gif

(hahaha!!! looks the same to me. ^^)

now, i'm just waiting for news regarding our otter's career. ^^

^ thanks for the gif, it made me laugh ^_^

@fishyo thanks for posting all the updates from saengi's twitter..

young saeng is just too cute...being so clueless like that..a bird among friends?..LOL..when i first read it, i was like..what are they talking about?..can they possibly be talking about twibbon? coz of the bird thing..LOL..and then i realized..yeah..they must be talking about it..coz saengi is following that bird! haha..

haha..its actually so fun to read their conversation!

Just loves the way he types! It's so adorable lol, being blur and all.

He keeps replying but not tweeting about anything else LOL!~

Yet, it still makes us all happy~

Teehee.

Reply from Saeng to Steven Lee minutes ago,

mystyle1103: @Steven_Lee_ X-japan미국에서콘서트해요? 보고싶다ㅠㅠ

In reply to "I'm going to see "X Japan" and "Luna Sea" in LA. Anyone going?? I love Rock Music so much! :)" by Steven Lee

He kind of understood what Steven Lee tweeted in English ^^

Rough translation by me:

X-Japan concert held in US? Want to go T_T

Don't know if it's correct~

He sure misses US a lot~

Chara, that's a great fansite!