[TVB] Can't Buy Me Love (公主嫁到)

*.:AnGeL*BAbII:.*

Guest wingsywingsy

OMG! I seriously love this drama and I think it ranks up there with top TVB dramas like Catch Me Now, etc., and this is saying something since I usually don't really like TVB dramas. :D

But I think you have to know Chinese to really enjoy it--I love the scriptwriter and the clever play on words, use of a range of formality in language (from formal, ancient language to regular modern language), and cheesy rhymes XD. And the characters in this drama were very serious in learning their lines well--you can tell when they argue in formal language.

This drama really shows off the acting talent of those who can act (though its obvious who can't *coughLinda*--but even then, at least it doesn't detract from the enjoyment of watching the drama). I never liked Moses, but he fits his part. Charmaine's acting has improved a lot over the years. Supporting actors/actresses aren't bad at all. This drama turns cheesy to funny and has its serious, touching moments too.

Never watched Gong Sum Gai due to lack of time, but I think the ratings for this drama was pretty high in HK.

Am currently at episode 20, but I look forward to watching the rest with my family during dinner, lol. XD

Archived