Other Cast

Kenneth Ma as Ding Yau Wai 丁有維

Mary Hon as Mai Yan Che 米仁慈

Lee Kwok Lun (李國麟) as Ding Choi Wong 丁財旺

Ram Chiang (蔣志光) as Lo Tou-yun 羅道遠

Elaine as Yiu Cho Kiu 楚 翹

Lily Li

Synopsis

Set during the Tang Dynasty of China, Can't Buy Me Love tells the story of the Third Princess, Princess Chiu Yeung (Charmaine Sheh), of the Tang Emperor (Samuel Kwok), who is beautiful but very unreasonable, and, as such, no one wants to marry her. The Kam family is the largest gold manufacturer in the grand capital Chang'an, but because they are deceived, the business runs into troubles. The second son of the Kam family Kam Tuo Luk (Moses Chan) has to marry the Third Princess to save the family business, because then they will have the right to manufacture gold pieces for the Tang Palace, the Third Princess only agreeing to the marriage because otherwise she would be married off to the Tibetan royal family, as schemed by the evil Concubine Wei (Kara Hui).

The Princess brings lots of servants to the Kam family after marrying Kam Tuo Luk, and constantly comes into conflict with the members of the Kam family (Lee Heung Kam, Susanna Kwan, Selena Li, Louis Yuen, Raymond Wong). The Princess brings Szeto Ngan Ping (Fala Chen), with her to the Kam family, who has been awared "Best Servant" by the Concubine Dowager Chui (Susan Tse). The Princess originally decides to leave the house, but when she misunderstands that the Kam family speaks negatively of her, she stubbornly stays. Later, she and Kam Tuo Luk fall in love. When the Kam family is convicted of a capital offence, she divorces Kam Tuo Luk to secretly save the Kam family.

Anyone else watching this?? Is this meant to be a parody of Gung Sum Gai? LOL cos in todays ep there was the same song in it!! you know that song sung by charmaine sheh's mum in gung sum gai?! i think it was the ending theme song for gung sum gai (cant really remember)

Anyways there isnt much drama in at the moment (only up to 2nd ep) but i think it'll turn out alright :D and i cant wait until kenneth ma appears<3

Guest YunRa1430270238

Maybe it's the makeup and costume but Charmaine looks awfully old and haggard looking in this drama. Time must have taken its toll on her face. It seems funny and I'm waiting for it to be released. :)

Guest BROKENheaven

Maybe it's the makeup and costume but Charmaine looks awfully old and haggard looking in this drama. Time must have taken its toll on her face. It seems funny and I'm waiting for it to be released. :)

No worries, thats just a bad photo. She doesn't look as bad in the series. :sweatingbullets:

Im also in episode 7...its pretty good. Nothing too exciting so far, but its entertaining.

I'm considering if I should watch this or not. Kind of wanna watch it cause I heard it was a comedy (and I really need some comedy right now) but then I heard from people that it wasn't really funny.

Also, I usually like MSC productions, but I'm kind of disappointed with this for some reason.

I watched 2 episodes so far and I really love it! Hahhaa... it's so funny, no need to work my brains trying to understand what they're saying like in other ancient series. I need to hurry up and catch up >.<

Guest Justalilodreamer

So far so good. Its starting to remind me of Virtues of Harmony...a lot. Especially some of the casts and their roles...really similar to virtues of harmony.

this drama is quite entertaining but sometime I don't really like Charmaine's princess personality...I just hope she will learn to be more nicer.

Guest rice_baby

So far so good. Its starting to remind me of Virtues of Harmony...a lot. Especially some of the casts and their roles...really similar to virtues of harmony.

^ It's practically the same entire cast. I wish that it wasn't so similar but it doesn't annoy me that much. I think they used some of the same clothes and decorations too. Virtues of Harmony was one of the better dramas that year.

I was really looking forward to this series because it's up beat and funny. I watched 4 episodes so far and although it was thoroughly enjoyable, I do hope there's more plot developement.

Guest BROKENheaven

^ i think you meant say Gong Sum Gai (Beyond the Realm of conscience) ? This series is like a parody of GSG with the same set, clothes, etc... but story wise its kind of starting to resemble Virtues of Harmony I.

Guest BAM♥BI

^

Haha, I thought I was the only one who thought of Beyond the Realm of Conscience.

Anyways, series is enjoyable so far.. Moses is funny.

• 1 month later...

Initially I only watched only up to episode 5 and couldn't tolerate all the nonsense they had in the drama. But when I watched it again with my family, it doesn't seem so bad. I'm on episode 20 right now and it's getting really good. It seems like the Third Princess is really smart and Moses, he's really dumb sometimes (but that's the reason I love him in this drama).

love this drama. Because both Moses and Charmaine acted really well in the series. Some scenes were really heartwrenching and i thought the clapping was lame initially until

Charmaine was in jail and after Moses visited her, they kept on clapping as if to encourage one another.

:(

That scene was good.

I thought Fala acted really well in here too, funnier than Linda(Ah Sei).

Guest epicpwnage

It's only been over for like a weekish and I've already watched the entire series 2 times.

Cause it's THAT GOOD. I don't know why, but Hong Kong dramas are by far the most interesting dramas ever.

Korean dramas = SO BORING

Japanese dramas = Bad acting, weird plot lines

Taiwanese dramas = Cute but a bit draggish -_-

XD Yeah that's basically my opinion, I dislike Korean dramas the most though. I just can't stand how boring, repetitive and whiny it is.

--

Oh my favourite part of this drama is when Sam Siu and Chiu Yeung begin to fall in love and they have like this electric bolt connection XD HAHAH!!

The last 2 episodes were really sad ='( Made me cry. Super good ending though.

love this drama. Because both Moses and Charmaine acted really well in the series. Some scenes were really heartwrenching and i thought the clapping was lame initially until

Charmaine was in jail and after Moses visited her, they kept on clapping as if to encourage one another.

:(

That scene was good.

I thought Fala acted really well in here too, funnier than Linda(Ah Sei).

Yeah that part was sad, everything went quiet and they started clapping to each other. I really loved the twist toward the end of the drama, the King is really smart (at last ).

Guest PRINCE KYARII

just finished this.. but skipped a looot of parts :( lol

i agree with epicpwnage! i luuurrveee tvb dramas! hahah

anyway, i liked this drama! it was cute

i love moses' acting.. he's freaking hilariousss! hahah

i also tought the clapping was sorta stupid LOL

like in the sad scenes, im all runny nose and teary eyed, then they start clapping

and im like LOL xD but i guess the clapping grew a bit on me so it's ok

worth watching :)

Archived