DIRT CHEAP but GOOOD restaurants

Guest BECKIEEE

Guest BECKIEEE

your favorite hole-in-the-wall places.
OK so we can all look up nice restaurants in Zagat but what about the cheap but good places? And when I say cheap I mean CHEAPPPP, no decor, no non-sense food, getting full for $5 or less...yea it may be plain and blah but you know you love it :D

my picks :

-Yummy Dumpling (Mulberry Street, across from Columbus Park in Chinatown) - one of those dumpling shops that sell $1 for 5 dumplings and a whole lot of other good stuff.

-66 Lai Seafood/Taiwanese Restaurant (Prince Street, in Flushing) - OK so this place isn't a hole in the wall but they have a lot of good cheap rice dishes...chicken and tomato!! woohoo.

-69 (69, Bowery Street, Chinatown) - open past midnight for the after club hoppers, cheap richard simmons food, quick service, and dolla dolla bills posted everywhere on the walls, whatst not to love.

-Bo Kai (corner of Bayard and Mulberry, Chinatown) - Chinese/Viet country type food..I think an old Zagat review even described it as a "hole in the wall" haha. but the noodle soups are good and of course they are known for their country duck.

Guest MUGETSU

There's another dumpling spot on Mosco Street that leads to Columbus Park. Personally I can't tell the difference so if one if crowded or still making a new batch go to the other one.

There's another dumpling spot on Eldridge Street that's popular and well known with non-Asians.

There's also another one on Allen Street, though not as good as the other ones.

lol I love dumplings.

Guest xellekimx

There's another dumpling spot on Mosco Street that leads to Columbus Park. Personally I can't tell the difference so if one if crowded or still making a new batch go to the other one.

There's another dumpling spot on Eldridge Street that's popular and well known with non-Asians.

There's also another one on Allen Street, though not as good as the other ones.

lol I love dumplings.

oh man i love that particular dumpling store (moscoe). it's absolutely delicious! i remember one time my boyfriend and i drove from queens to chinatown just for those dumplings. haha ;]

Guest precious4e

-69 (69, Bowery Street, Chinatown) - open past midnight for the after club hoppers, cheap richard simmons food, quick service, and dolla dolla bills posted everywhere on the walls, whatst not to love.

-Bo Kai (corner of Bayard and Mulberry, Chinatown) - Chinese/Viet country type food..I think an old Zagat review even described it as a "hole in the wall" haha. but the noodle soups are good and of course they are known for their country duck.

Bo Kai has the best "lo siu ap" or country duck or whatever they say it in english.

69!!! Hahaha my favorite place to eat at 4 a.m. when I come back from partying.

And the rice noodle stands that they have around Chinatown. Especially the one that used to be on the corner of Hester and Bowery.

Chinatown is the best place for a dirt cheap meal that is decent.

I also like to get Grey's Papaya when i'm in a mood for a hot dog (rarely).

There's also this Indian place on Houston that has a rice bowl for $2.

Guest chunsa

grey's papaya on 8th and 6th

whole foods union sq for a healthy meal

mm... oori jib in ktown for yummy cheap korean food

and chinatown has hecka cheap food

Guest theonecalledy2ckt

when i'm back in boston, i eat at anna's taqueria. anyone who wants a good burrito knows about it. it's a massive 1 pound burrito for 4 bucks. good stuff.

ack, now i'm hungry :(

in boston, the best pizza you can get is at new york pizza on tremont. at $2 a slice, you get a nice, generous slice.

there's not much room to sit there, just 6 tables but the guys are friendly and it's a short walk down from the movie theater.

Guest theonecalledy2ckt

in boston, the best pizza you can get is at new york pizza on tremont. at $2 a slice, you get a nice, generous slice.

there's not much room to sit there, just 6 tables but the guys are friendly and it's a short walk down from the movie theater.

i keep hearing that the best pizza in boston is pizzeria regina in fanueil hall and the north end. but i'm too cheap to shell out 2.50 for that. lol.

Guest MUGETSU

$3.50 a slice?!?!

HOLY SNAP I THOUGHT $2 was expensive.

I remember when they used to be like $1 per slice!

Guest Ladyhawke

If you are in Richmond, VA

Check out Cha Chas down near Canal Street. === Wednesdays are All You Can Eat Burittos. You can feed about 3 people under 15 bux so I have heard. :)

Guest theonecalledy2ckt

^pizzeria regina is really good but so are a ton of places for about $3.50 a slice.

pizza (for me at least) is NEVER worth that much per slice. lol. i might as well go to anna's for that much.

there's this one place in chinatown that's really well hidden off of kneeland st in boston's chinatown called sam hop. probably the best place to get chinese food for 6 bucks.

Guest globosapien

bangkok bistro- boston, cleveland circle

dok bua thai- harvard st, metro west: durian dessert here is awesome!

bread- manhattan: sandwiches are awesome

di fara pizza-brooklyn: pizza, spaghetti, u name it, they have it.

the chinatown ice cream factory- red bean ice cream is my fave.

Guest sphynkter

i keep hearing that the best pizza in boston is pizzeria regina in fanueil hall and the north end. but i'm too cheap to shell out 2.50 for that. lol.

pizza (for me at least) is NEVER worth that much per slice. lol. i might as well go to anna's for that much.

there's this one place in chinatown that's really well hidden off of kneeland st in boston's chinatown called sam hop. probably the best place to get chinese food for 6 bucks.

my favorite pizza place is crazy doughs. their pizza is awesome. my favorite is the rueben. haha you guys think $2.50 is expensive. the rueben is like $3.75 or $4.00 i don't remember but it's so good because there's so much goodness on it.

ruebenpizza6yp.jpg

Guest theonecalledy2ckt

my favorite pizza place is crazy doughs. their pizza is awesome. my favorite is the rueben. haha you guys think $2.50 is expensive. the rueben is like $3.75 or $4.00 i don't remember but it's so good because there's so much goodness on it.

ruebenpizza6yp.jpg

is that the place up in the garage in harvard square? i've been itching to try it.

Archived