[JAPAN MOVIE SPRING 2011] Paradise Kiss

ohatoms

As cute as I find Osamu Mukai, he is so not what I envisioned George to be. I think there are probably better Georges out there, especially someone with a bit more of a delicate and sophisticated look to them. Osamu Mukai is a bit too much of a cute boy from next door look. I guess we'll have to see how he manages to pull off the role because George is seriously epitome of cool in the manga.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

The film will open in Japan in 2011. Eiga.com notes that Mukai is literally Kitagawa's sempai; Mukai is four years older than Kitagawa (who turned 24 on Sunday), and they both have attended Meiji University in Tokyo. Eiga.com also states that over 5 million copies of the manga have been published, and the story has been translated into 10 languages for America, Italy, Korea, and elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

As cute as I find Osamu Mukai, he is so not what I envisioned George to be. I think there are probably better Georges out there, especially someone with a bit more of a delicate and sophisticated look to them. Osamu Mukai is a bit too much of a cute boy from next door look. I guess we'll have to see how he manages to pull off the role because George is seriously epitome of cool in the manga.

exactly what i thought. For me, mukai doesn't seem like he can pull off the enigmatic persona of George. I had envisioned more someone like a japanese version of lee hyuk soo or yang seungho.

• 4 weeks later...

keiko kikigawa looks the part in the magazine editorials when her hair is darker and her makeup is more dramatic...

but i know the movie isn't going to be that close to the manga version t_t

which makes this a tad disappointing since i just read it....

I am a huge ParaKiss fan, but I am seriosly dissapointed with the casting choice for the movie. I do like Osamu and Keiko, but they are nothing like George and Yukari. Ovarall, i think it is a very bad idea to make live-action from Ai Aizawa's mangas. Her characters are was too unique. Nana was a huge dissapontment as well.

• 3 months later...
Guest Heart.And.Soul

Hm.. I'm actually quite excited about this! I like the main cast, and I really loved the manga. 

I will definitely be watching this! 

Guest lokkita

I really enjoyed the anime, I hope the movie turns out good! I hope they have an AWESOME soundtrack for it...

• 1 month later...

Archived