[JAPAN MOVIE SPRING 2011] Paradise Kiss

ohatoms

Guest dodici

This seems really interesting. I haven't read the manga but I think i might watch this. The people are really pretty ^^ [Goes to find the manga]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kitagawa Keiko films “Paradise Kiss” at Kobe Fashion Show

33jomdk.jpg20100902_KitagawaKeiko2.jpg20100902_KitagawaKeiko3.jpg20100902_KitagawaKeiko4.jpg

Actress Kitagawa Keiko (24) made an appearance at the “17th Kobe Collection 2010 Autumn/Winter” fashion show.  Her walk was filmed by 11 cameras and will be used in her upcoming  movie, “Paradise Kiss”. The scene will be a part of the film’s climax  when Kitagawa’s character has already become a well-known model.

Her  appearance in the said fashion show had to be done without any  rehearsal as well. Kitagawa was really happy that nothing went wrong  during the filming, and further commented that she has never had such  experience before. “I was so nervous. I’m wondering how this scene will come out”, Kitagawa said.

Kobe  Fashion Show has always been a huge event with an audience of around  10,000 people. Kitagawa was the last to walk on the runway, and she said  before the walk, “Since we can’t do any rehearsal, I’m quite  worried, but I can’t wait to get out there and walk.” Her dress was made  by the fictional brand “Filange by L’SET ROSE”, and she finished her  walk without any slip-up. “It was over in a blink of an eye! The  audience was great! I had a lot of fun!” the actress said right after  her walk.

“Paradise Kiss” is based on a manga of the same title by Yazawa Ai, creator of “Nana” and “Neighborhood Story”.  It’s a story of a typical high-school student named Hayasaka Yukari  (Kitagawa), a very obedient and studious child. However, as she grew  tired of her daily activities, she comes across a group of fashion  design students with a clothing label known as “Paradise Kiss”. The  group is in need of a new model to showcase their design for an upcoming  fashion show and chose Yukari to do the modeling for them.  Yukari was  reluctant to join the group at first because of their strangeness,  however, she eventually realizes that they are really nice people. The  group’s dedication and passion for their work inspired Yukari to pursue  her own dreams as well.

The cast for “Paradise Kiss” will  include Mukai Osamu (male lead), Yamamoto Yusuke, Igarashi Shunji ,  Omasa Aya, Kaku Kento, and Kato Natsuki.

This is what it looked like in the Manga/anime

2nu7mhf.jpg

Source

Guest leloMew

^ This is by a different mangaka - Ai Yazawa. I think there was already a japanese adaptation of Itazura na Kiss (ISWAK) - in the 90's?

I'm glad I read the manga cos I wasn't such a big fan of the anime. Really psyched for this ^_^.

I haven't seen Osamu's acting though and I can't really imagine him as George... hope it turns out well...

Guest deceitful.reverie

This is not ISWAK is it? o_o Lol, cause reading the plot doesn't sound like it. I thought it was ISWAK, the japanese version...

The title says Paradise Kiss...

Also, Japan was actually the first to make a live-action drama of Itazura na Kiss. It was shown in 1996, then ~10 years later, Taiwan showed their own version and called it It Started with A Kiss.

Anyway, I really like Kitagawa Keiko, but I'm not liking her makeup and overall look in those pictures (kobe fashion show). Her dress looks pretty average ugly too, especially if we're comparing it with what it's supposed to look like, which is the green one in the manga/anime :blink:

She looks better though and more like Yukari in the other pictures. :)

• 2 weeks later...

BTS Pictures

23rqrma.png

Paradise Kiss will  be released as a live-action movie starring Kitagawa Keiko and Mukai  Osamu. The film’s release date has been set for May 2011, but to indulge  the hungry fans, some scene stills as well as a more-detailed cast list  has just been revealed!

Igarashi Shunji  (D-BOYS) will play the role of Isabella (actual birth name, ‘Yamamoto  Daisuke’). ‘Isabella’ is a transgendered character who identifies  herself as a woman by dressing and acting like one.  To prepare for the  role, Shunji lost 8 kg., removed his facial hair through laser  procedures, and learned how to act like a lady (as Isabella is very  well-mannered, feminine person).

2iqljkz.png

2cgj8kx.png

k18aa8.png

zvpfl0.png

5pnzo8.png

zv7gbn.jpg

tokyohive

The title says Paradise Kiss...

Also, Japan was actually the first to make a live-action drama of Itazura na Kiss. It was shown in 1996, then ~10 years later, Taiwan showed their own version and called it It Started with A Kiss.

Anyway, I really like Kitagawa Keiko, but I'm not liking her makeup and overall look in those pictures (kobe fashion show). Her dress looks pretty average ugly too, especially if we're comparing it with what it's supposed to look like, which is the green one in the manga/anime :blink:

She looks better though and more like Yukari in the other pictures. :)

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification. I actually thought it was the English translation of the Japanese title sorry >.<

Hmm, anyway I'm gonna look up the manga first, it looks interesting. =)

Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

im looking forward for the movie.

i can't wait...

but i hope its not a disappointment.

i hope the clothes and outfit will be nice.

Archived