My face is darker than the rest of my body.....

Guest Shiroiyuki

Guest Shiroiyuki

S.O.S!!!
I think i'm not the only one who has this problem. I searched all over soompi for a same topic, but no use. I was planning to wear this cocktail dress that exposes my neck. But when I looked on the mirror, my face is like 3x darker than my neck and chest. I know some of you may suggest using BB cream, but BB creams doesn't last that long...unless you guys have a suggestion on how to make it stay longer...

When I wash my face thoroughly, the skin tone on my face is almost the same with the skintone on my neck and chest except that it's a bit dark, but not as dark when I don't wash it. I notice that when my face secretes oil too much or as the day passes by, my face becomes really dark. I really don't want to bleach my face with Lemon or something strong like that, but i've been washing my face with rice water..but is it really effective?I'll be glad to listen to your suggestions and opinions!

Guest xKanane_1

Wow are we twins? I have the same problem as you.

Sorry no advice here, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone :)

My face starts off light in the morning, but as the day progresses, even if I dwell amongst the shade, I become consecutively darker :< My chest is definitely shades lighter than my face.

Guest wanglin

I think i'm not the only one who has this problem. I searched all over soompi for a same topic, but no use. I was planning to wear this cocktail dress that exposes my neck. But when I looked on the mirror, my face is like 3x darker than my neck and chest. I know some of you may suggest using BB cream, but BB creams doesn't last that long...unless you guys have a suggestion on how to make it stay longer...

When I wash my face thoroughly, the skin tone on my face is almost the same with the skintone on my neck and chest except that it's a bit dark, but not as dark when I don't wash it. I notice that when my face secretes oil too much or as the day passes by, my face becomes really dark. I really don't want to bleach my face with Lemon or something strong like that, but i've been washing my face with rice water..but is it really effective?I'll be glad to listen to your suggestions and opinions!

I'm a newb, but imo, it's probably just dirty because of the oil, dirt and everything that you come over during the day. I have the same problem but vice-versa with my neck. And I think it's because I don't wash it as often :S. So, you could either use withening products, these are generally only available in asia, otherwise you could try toners? These tend to take a fair bit of time, so if you're desperate but on really light/pale foundation! That should always work =)

Good luck! Update me if you've found a solution, I'd also like to know for my neck :(

Guest xnanairodays

Same here, not so much a problem for me.

My face is darker then my hand, chest etc. Not dark dark but a bit off,

because the rest of me is really light. Body=Light Face=Light tan

But it's probably because our face is exposed to the sun more.

I always use moisturizer with spf and occasionally added sunscreen. It helps!

Just washing my face/face scrub and using a brightening moisturizer also helps.

And i use a foundation, that matches the rest of my parts to even it out.

I use good ol' Revlon ColorStay and a face primer underneath.

If you have a problem with bb cream not staying on, use a primer.

And yea wouldn't use lemons, or bleach, or anything harsh directly

on the face since the skin on the face is more sensitive.

But yea, go for a brightening face lotion/moisturizer/cream.

I heard face peels also work, though not sure myself.

Guest Sally901010

You are opposite to me T.T. My legs and my face are light but my neck and my arms are darker :wacko:.

I think you should use masks (I use rice mask wash-off from Skin Food) and whitening cream ( day product should be with high SPF). I hope it will improve.

Guest HeartOfRose

Do you apply sunscreen on your face everyday? That might help out a lot, because your face is one of the body parts that's constantly exposed to the sun.. :unsure:

Guest Hearted

How about mixing lemon with some other ingredient?

Oh some tips..use

- cleanser, double cleanse

- toner

- face masks for whitening/brightening effect

- sunscreen/sunblock

- hat

- moisturizer

- rose water

Honestly, if you want results like right away, I'm going to say a whitening cream/soap/etc. Otherwise, you can go on with your rice water and make rice paste (I think it's called rice paste too). I'm going to tell you this, wear a hat.. if your going to be out in the sun a lot and sunglasses too, to protect your eyes. Oh and don't touch your face... ever. I mean, your hands are dirty from whatever you've been doing, don't want that on your face right ^_^. I hear misting your face is good to keep it clean (misting=toner and something else if you make your own o-o). I would recommend to tone with rose water, I also hear it's very good as well. But results aren't going to be like.. 'omg haxorz,' they take time. Facials are nice too :P. Ohhh and actually on Soompi there are forums like this, but different? In a sense, the goal is the same... lightening the face/clearing skin. Most of my advice is for achieving real fair, even, clear, skin tone. If you want to just have an illusion just use a primer + heavy foundation + Fixing spray/misting. You'd need to touch of up a lot though... figuring your using foundation to change colour xD! Forgot, sunscreen doesn't take away the tan, it prevents skin cancer and such, sunblock prevents a tan.. but not 100%. Just wear a hat and your fine from further tanning? I would suggest if non of these suit your liking go ahead and stay in the house.. and be a hermit :P! Or.. you could tan all over to even your tan.

I think these threads would help you...

Achieving Natural Porcelain Skin

[new Pg 3] Korean Clear Skin Why? Makeup Trend Over There.

Beautiful Skin? It's All In Their Secrets!

Likas Papaya Soap

edit// Added another link.

Pure Skin Methods

Guest Imboredthatsnotfun

You need to start wearing sunscreen

Exfoliating often

And you could try: applying the juice of a lemon (you might want to dilute with a bit of water) onto your face with a cotton wool ball before you go to sleep.

This will remove the top layers of tanned skin, which will make your skin go back to your birth colour. However you cannot go lighter than your birth colour without chemicals.

If you do the lemon thing, it is really important to use sunscreen as your skin will be more sensitive to the sun.

Guest kaboom

I have this problem! my face is really dark compared to the rest of my body and it makes me so angry. I wear spf 50 and it still doesn't work. I've been using lancome blanc expert but i don't think it's working. Like you said my face is bright in the morning but becomes dark and dull as the day goes on. For a quick fix use a lighter foundation (but not too much lighter). For a long term fix, keep using spf even on cloudy days and try to avoid the sun as much as you can.

man, i have the same problem but opposite

since i use sunscreen on my face everyday but i never put sunscreen anywhere else on my body, my body gets tan while my face stays really pale. LOL sometimes i worry people think i just piled on the wrong shade of foundation or something hahah

start using sunscreen on your face everyday and maybe wear some halter tops and tanks to let your neck and the rest of your body tan

but it's unhealthy to not use sunscreen on your body too D: use one of those sunscreens that help skin tan too hahaha XD

Guest thiensky

Have you tried exfoliating? It's only as harsh as how hard you scrub. I've heard that papaya soap works but I've never tried it myself.

Guest yukinohana

mines the opposite

my face is a little lighter than the rest of my body...

and my legs are tan as hell.

i would maybe go to the beach ( um if you have one lol) or pool

and cover your face wth a towel and ran the rest of your body

remember sun screen lotion.

Guest soompier1

Your face might be getting more sun exposure than your neck. Just wear sunscreen and exfoliate and your skin might be able to even out after a few weeks. If you don't have that much time before the event, you can try a self tanning lotion on your neck and then wear foundation on both your face and neck and that should pretty much even it out. Wearing foundation that is too light for your skin is not a good idea, it will look mask-like.

Guest Shiroiyuki

How about mixing lemon with some other ingredient?

Oh some tips..use

- cleanser, double cleanse

- toner

- face masks for whitening/brightening effect

- sunscreen/sunblock

- hat

- moisturizer

- rose water

Honestly, if you want results like right away, I'm going to say a whitening cream/soap/etc. Otherwise, you can go on with your rice water and make rice paste (I think it's called rice paste too). I'm going to tell you this, wear a hat.. if your going to be out in the sun a lot and sunglasses too, to protect your eyes. Oh and don't touch your face... ever. I mean, your hands are dirty from whatever you've been doing, don't want that on your face right ^_^. I hear misting your face is good to keep it clean (misting=toner and something else if you make your own o-o). I would recommend to tone with rose water, I also hear it's very good as well. But results aren't going to be like.. 'omg haxorz,' they take time. Facials are nice too :P. Ohhh and actually on Soompi there are forums like this, but different? In a sense, the goal is the same... lightening the face/clearing skin. Most of my advice is for achieving real fair, even, clear, skin tone. If you want to just have an illusion just use a primer + heavy foundation + Fixing spray/misting. You'd need to touch of up a lot though... figuring your using foundation to change colour xD! Forgot, sunscreen doesn't take away the tan, it prevents skin cancer and such, sunblock prevents a tan.. but not 100%. Just wear a hat and your fine from further tanning? I would suggest if non of these suit your liking go ahead and stay in the house.. and be a hermit :P! Or.. you could tan all over to even your tan.

I think these threads would help you...

Achieving Natural Porcelain Skin

[new Pg 3] Korean Clear Skin Why? Makeup Trend Over There.

Beautiful Skin? It's All In Their Secrets!

Likas Papaya Soap

edit// Added another link.

Pure Skin Methods

Thanks for the help! I actually do all these steps except rose water....the rose in my backyard is not yet blooming xD.

Actually, I've been a hermit (Literally) for 1 and a half years already...i'm home studied right now and my house has like a big roof..which means, no sunlight at all. But don't worry, i'm still getting my vitamin D, I go out once a week....but just like xKanane_1, as the day passes by, my skin gets darker. Or sometimes even if I wash, my face is still darker than the rest of my body.

My first guess was baking soda. I used to apply it to my face...but not everyday. Like 6 times a month or something. Maybe that's why my face is darker than my body..?

Guest cutieheartzbadboy

my face is lighter than most of my body... but not as light as my chest. confusing ae! but the parts that are usually shown (arms, hands etc) are much darker than these two and my fingers are the darkest! lol... dont know why. i scrub them all the time though. my legs are pretty light since they are usually covered up.

Guest 3ephemeralWinds

Do you apply sunscreen on your face everyday? That might help out a lot, because your face is one of the body parts that's constantly exposed to the sun.. :unsure:

Sunscreen protects you from UV rays but it doesn't stop tanning though :T

Guest Shiroiyuki

^Yeah, sunscreens doesn't protect you from tanning. But I still do apply them even though i'm still inside the house.

I'm applying rice water + rice paste on my face constantly...but just like what Hearted said, the results won't show right away...

But is it really effective...?

Lol, I'm the opposite.

My face is lighter than the rest of my body.

I got a tan this summer but my face got sunburnt and i had to scrub the dead skin off because my face was so friggin rough, like a tire.

So now my face is super pale and my body is tanned. It looks like I'm wearing layers of foundation -.- and i would have to tell my sunburn story to everyone to clarify it when they ask "why is your face so pale compared to your body?"

But yeah, use whitening cream?

Shisedo has a lot of whitening cream, i think. I used it as a moisturizer when my face was dry and i think it made my face really white (which i did not want ._.)

Guest Shiroiyuki

Guys, i've tried using Lemon!! But before I tried it, I read ALL the reviews first, and all of them said it worked a lot for them. But some said they did not...because they didn't dilute the lemon with water..that's why.

But anyway, when I first tried it last night, IT STINGS ALOT. I can't take the pain anymore, so I just washed it right away with rice water..at first I freaked out because when I looked in front of the mirror, my skin became a million times darker than before and red spots appeared on my forehead. I almost cried to bed, but when I asked my sis how does my face look like, she said, it's glowy. When I looked in front of the mirror again, my face was SHADES lighter than my chest and my cheeks are pink. So I totally recommend using lemon on your face. One note though, dilute 2 tablespoons of lemon with 1 tablespoon of water.

Archived