What to get... in VN

Guest Hearted

Guest Hearted

I thought this was relevant to this section because the items I would be getting would be only fashion/beauty items. I'm inquiring if there is some really nice stuff you can get in Vietnam, (at a lower price/ only in Asia). Actually, I really want to get Etude House BB Magic Cream, but that's about it on my list. And keep in mind I'm not actually going... just a family friend... so I could ask for a few items. I'm not really sure what's nice things are there so I just made this thread. I'm not asking where to shop, I'm asking what are nice finds there (that are fashion/beauty related :P). If there is a thread like this and not where to shop, since I'm not going myself... link me to it :D! I couldn't find it using search sadly then... :( Please and thank you :wub:

Guest IntangiblyYours

Do you like paper folding stars? VN is the only place anyone I know has found the clear, plastic strips. :|

Anywho, that's not beauty or fashion related. So how about hair supplies? Like hair ties and such. Definitely keychains/cell phone charms/jewelry!

Guest xistarix

well, if you're interested in the traditional dresses, its much cheaper to get an ao dai made there. And better fabric selection too.

Guest keikeikhang

I go to Vietnam every year so HERES what you get..

They have tons of cutesy accessories so thats a MOST DEFINATE factor.

and TAILORS. Omg... Okay, tailoring and custom made clothes are so freakin cheap over there. What I do a lot is I draw out my designs and give them to the tailor to sew. Then i just go and buy the fabric I want, and voila. I design all my coats and jeans/pants.

ALSO, they have really nice graphic tees. If you're into that cute ulzzang fashion, and they're really cheap too!

Guest bebemup

i just came back from there a few weeks ago! (:

nail decor and nail polish, around $3-5 each for a good polish

false lashes are SOOOOO cheap

accessories - jewelery (could custom design), hair stuff, phone stuff

make up tools

SHOOES! though, they might only last a year or two, meeh its cheap

if you're looking into getting cosmetics, it's cheap it you buy products that are made in hong kong, china, vietnam, etc.,

but it's ALMOST the same price if the products are made in the US, korea or japan ~ only a couple of dollars cheaper

i dont recommend getting clothes there since they're stamping brand names on recklessly and the sizing is all over the place x___X

Guest dying1004

american brand clothes, if you're into that, such as hco, af, american eagle

i get mine at cho ben thanh, this hugeee touristy "mall" type of thing. bargain bargain bargain.

Guest IntangiblyYours

lasjdf So many people went to VN this year! I was supposed to go this summer but it didn't happen. >.<

But definitely an ao dai!!! Or two or three! Just be sure you get measured correctly! I got my aunt from there to get some made for me.

Archived