High School of the Dead

Guest knockblock

Guest knockblock

Plot Summary: Takashi Komuro is a normal highschool boy, until an infection breaks out that turns people into zombie-like creatures. Along with his friends & the school nurse, they fight their way out and continue their journey to find out what exactly has happened to the world.

Ever seen those movies or played those games where the characters go around and kill zombies? That is what High School of the Dead is.

Anyone watching it? What are your thoughts?

I've seen 4 episodes thus far. It's been exciting.

The fanservice gets excessive. I can do without it. That aside I am compelled at where this show is going.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NO NAME?

I'm watching it. There's just something about the whole zombie apocalypse thing that fascinates me. The gore is nice, but I find the fan service to be a bit annoying. Haha. Actually watching episode four right now. Seems like a recap. I'm quite happy that H.O.T.D. has been licensed, both the manga (Yen Press) and anime (Sentai Filmworks).

Guest hungrycollegeboy

I've watched the first 2 episodes. Anything zombie apocalypse related is totally my thing.

But like you guys have said, the fan service gets distracting, lol.

Guest Special Ed

Whenever there's like an adrenaline rush action scene, and a pantsu shot shows up, it totally ruins my mojo. lol.

But for the conventional zombie setting, I still surprisingly find it interesting. Saeko is my fav character. She's like the only reasonable and bad richard simmons person, so far. Plus, I'm not digging that teacher with the glasses. Should've left his richard simmons for the zombies. Ugh.

Guest chopper!

been following the manga, its okay.

you'll soon see that the nerd guy is one serious bad richard simmons lols!

& yeah, the fanservice...not good for girls x) i don't like the fact that the whole story is mainly girl characters. i need some boys man! testosterone! lol

This guy I know was reading the manga and thoguht it was awesome. I did a subsequent Google search after hearing about it and thought that yes, it was something that I should definitely check out. I haven't gotten around to the anime or the manga as of yet but I'm looking forward to it. Zombie apocalypses are the best. Though the apparently excessive fanservice has me a tad worried.

Guest knockblock

Don't worry. The fanservice isn't enough to bring the show down. It's still watchable despite all that.

I may be a guy, but I have my limits.

Why is there a recap in the first half of episode 4? This show is only going to be 13 episodes. Do they have no better footage to produce?

The teacher with the glasses is an a-hole. He doesn't look like he should be trusted.

Is Rei crazy for taking off on her own? Good thing Takashi is by her side.

Guest Take Five

i like it so far. i laughed when the nurse's boobs actually made noises. the fanservice was already excessive in the manga so it doesn't really bother me in the anime. i especially liked the part where they used the music from 28 Days Later at the end of the first ep...so badass lol.

i still hate every female besides saeko though.

Guest -K-Jae

Seriously only 13 episodes?

If you compare the manga and anime, it's basically 1 episode per manga chapter. Unless they start to pick it up and do 2+ chapters per episode, I don't think they will finish in only 13 episodes as the chapter has 24 chapters already right now.

Guest PVCSadistic

i love this show~~ i think the fanservice is just fine, there's more of it in the manga so i was prepared for it. i love the nurse. her and her adorably huge titties hahaha.

fanservice aside, I'm a huge fan of zombies so this series is very compelling. i want to see it uncensored so i can get all the sweet gore.

Guest knockblock

Jae' date='27 July 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1280257401' post='16240981']

Seriously only 13 episodes?

If you compare the manga and anime, it's basically 1 episode per manga chapter. Unless they start to pick it up and do 2+ chapters per episode, I don't think they will finish in only 13 episodes as the chapter has 24 chapters already right now.

From what I can gather its 13 episodes.

Depending on where the anime is headed it's likely the show will cover as much as the makers decide on doing. It's possible the anime could part ways with the manga. I'm saying this because that is the case with other series.

I'm still thinking about the recap. I don't know if it is in the manga or if its only the anime. It seems like there are recaps for whatever reason. They do this more in Bleach now to give out a pointer.

A couple things in this anime remind me of Resident Evil. If I'm not the only one.

That girl who calls herself a genius. She such a pinkberry. She deserves a smack.

Guest shabushabu

From what I can gather its 13 episodes.

Depending on where the anime is headed it's likely the show will cover as much as the makers decide on doing. It's possible the anime could part ways with the manga. I'm saying this because that is the case with other series.

I'm still thinking about the recap. I don't know if it is in the manga or if its only the anime. It seems like there are recaps for whatever reason. They do this more in Bleach now to give out a pointer.

That girl who calls herself a genius. She such a pinkberry. She deserves a smack.

Another thing the creators might be doing is releasing only thirteen episodes, then, depending on the sales of the first season, release a second season.

Andddd the recap wasn't in the manga. I thought it was kind of pointless but whatevah.

And the pink haired chica is less of a pinkberry later on. She really pissed me off at the beginning though -.-

ep 4. or ep 3??

"you could blow the whole gas station!"

"Better than you having my girl!!"

girl -> ^////^

or something along those lines. ^^;; best cheesy line from a zombie anime I've ever heard

The show has good animation and design. Like when the main characters are moving and fighting you actually get the feel that they're moving fast. Also the zombies really have a present unlike the comic when they're just there to eat people.

Other than that, everything else is 'typical' :(

Watched the anime after reading this thread.  Goodness, the nurse was so freaking slow that I almost wish she got bitten by the zombies. :x  And aside from all the boob/panty flashing, this anime seems pretty decent.  It really gets my heart racing, haha, or maybe I'm just a wimp :lol:  So far, I like Takashi and kendo girl the most.  The teacher seems kind of creepy though...

Guest moa.lovefuwa

i dropped it after the first episode... i couldn't deal with the fanservice.... totally unnecessary in this type of horror anime... unless someone get turn on by seeing a zombie attacking a naked woman.. UHHHH... okay..... and i totally hated the romance...... i thought it was soooo ridiculous to try to turn on a man

(i saw a page from the manga where the annoying yellow hair girl kissed him and said you got harder omFG.)

when the world have gone wrong and the human race are in danger and getting eaten alive....sooooo it irritates the heck out of me but doesn't bother me that others watching it..... just irk me when i see it.......

Archived