The Avengers (2012)

0rchid

SDCC 2010: Joss Whedon Is Directing The Avengers!

July 22nd, 2010

It's official.

Cult director Joss Whedon just confirmed that he is directing the big screen version of The Avengers, which will bring together such iconic big screen superheroes as Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor and many more!

Stay tuned for more scoops from Comic-Con 2010!

The Avengers comes to theaters May 4th, 2012 and stars Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L. Jackson, Don Cheadle, Clark Gregg, Tom Hiddleston. The film is directed by Joss Whedon. - source

this is gonna be crazy!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

avengers-cast-slice.jpg

via: /film

Looks pretty awesome right? Seeing the cast of the Avengers right there, haha. For those of you that missed the news that broke last week (and officially confirmed even more so in that picture), Mark Ruffalo is replacing Edward Norton as Bruce Banner. A bit of a shame really but I like Ruffalo as well. Time will only tell if this will become a hit or a miss.

Guest iEatPowder

^ That's one powerhouse cast... and with Joss Whedon. Every geek there must've been wetting themselves at the panel. :lol: I wonder if they'll include The Wasp and Ant-Man, who were part of the original Avengers line-ups in both normal continuity and Ultimates.

^ That's one powerhouse cast... and with Joss Whedon.  Every geek there must've been wetting themselves at the panel.   :lol:  I wonder if they'll include The Wasp and Ant-Man, who were part of the original Avengers line-ups in both normal continuity and Ultimates.

Isn't Ant-man getting his own movie? I forgot who they said was going to direct it.

Isn't Ant-man getting his own movie? I forgot who they said was going to direct it.

Edgar Wright is directed to attach the Ant-Man film. The thing is, I don't think it's his own full-length feature but a short film. I think Marvel are doing this with most of their lesser known heroes. I heard Luke Cage and Doctor Strange are getting this same treatment.

Guest iEatPowder

Edgar Wright is directed to attach the Ant-Man film. The thing is, I don't think it's his own full-length feature but a short film. I think Marvel are doing this with most of their lesser known heroes. I heard Luke Cage and Doctor Strange are getting this same treatment.

Hmmm, that's probably wise. I've only ever seen Hank Pym as a supporting character anyway. It'd be pretty hard to sell a big-budget, blockbuster based on such a mediocre character. But still, I wouldn't mind seeing him and his wife in the movie, even if only a cameo, as an homage to the original roster.

Doc Strange on the other hand... well, at least he got an animated film. d: And I'm sure his live-action movie would look something like a more serious version of The Sorceror's Apprentice. :lol:

Guest dodici

This is going to be epic! I can't wait to see how Mark Ruffalo does as Bruce Banner. [why is Edward Norton not playing this role? anyone clarify? or i'll just google XD] but I love Ruffalo. Stellar cast! Can't wait for this. woot!

• 1 year later...
Guest itrayya

after seeing the preview... i'm curious as to how Thor made it back to Earth. the last time i checked the bi-frost was broken.

i think it'll be a good flick for the kids.

and Spiderman lives in New York City, i wonder how he feels about this.

Guest creaturedreams

can't wait for tomorrow nights screening! 

edit it was amazing, was not disappointed. it was super funny as well. make sure to watch after the credits! avengers 2!! :)

Guest b2stbaaby

This movie was soooooo good! I still can't get over the fact that all the superheros were all on the same screen together! So cool! Such a great movie!!!!

Guest Starlitelet

Oh gosh, this movie seems to be rocketing! On IMDB, it currently has a rating of 9.0/10 with 20,259 voters. A 7.2 from critics is also really great, especially for these sort of movies. I would have never thought this movie to be rated this high. Now, my expectations has boosted.

I can't wait to see how they'll assemble the almighty heroes together. Love Black Widow and Hawkeye! 

Guest michaelsmith81

I haven't seen this yet, but I've been hearing nothing but good things about it.

Guest FluffyBunnyPwn

I'm going to see it tomorrow and I absolutely cannot wait. 

One drawback is that the hype is so high that it's kinda exhausted my expectations of the movie, especially with Dark Knight Rises coming right around the corner. I hope tomorrow will prove me wrong and convince me to watch it a couple more times. Been hearing nothing but praises for it and I hope it lives up to all that. 

Guest Starlitelet

*quoted image*

Hmmm.  i guess I'll check it out too.

Haha, the movie, that is.

HAHA! Thanks for that hilarious picture HERMIT ;).

The assguardians shall ass guard Asgard!

Guest FluffyBunnyPwn

Just came back from watching it and it was pure fun. Dialogue and interaction between the heroes were slick, action scenes were awesome, and it perfectly sets the stage for an Avengers sequel. 

Best Avenger hands down has to be the Hulk. Totally loved his character.

Guest HERMIT

After having finally gotten to see the Avengers movie this morning, forget Scarlet Johannson's Black Widow character.

I've somehow discovered Cobie Smulders' Agent Maria Hill to be rather fetching in her own right .... :wub:

17-MARIAHILL-SMULDERSAVM3-17.jpg

Archived