Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

By the way, for anyone who's interested: IVY filmed the whole behind-the-scenes of that backstage hallway performance from Ghost. You don't see any more of JW than appeared in the Instagram version, but it's cute to know that the whole thing was IVY's idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like some of the more recent posts on this forum have suddenly disappeared without much of an explanation - if there was an issue with any of the things I've posted, I ask that the moderators please let me know.

In the meantime, there is one thing that disappeared that I want to re-post: this behind-the-scenes clip from Alice filming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Berou said:

Hi,

The posts were removed for being off-topic. As per moderators' understanding, they revolve around dramas characters and actor Joo Won appeared in those dramas.

Thanks for the response.

• Like 1

Farewell greeting video from the Ghost cast

And here's one snippet with English subs

Just a few days to go before Ghost wraps up :) This has been a different run than most, what with things like the pandemic, so there was no guarantee that it could finish successfully. I'm glad it has because that tells me that the pandemic is more-or-less under control in Korea, and that the entire cast and crew seems to have stayed healthy the entire time :approves:

• Like 2

Behind-the-scenes video from the Ghost team's appearance at the Blue Dragon Awards. It is IVY's Vlog, so we don't see JW all that much (he does appear in the rehearsal, but that's about it), but it's still nice to see what went into that performance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

lol - I don't think I'm the only one who was surprised at what happened in this particular curtain call! Like, honestly, it looks like even JW was surprised there :P 

OMG! I think this is the best way to end the Ghost Musical, lol IVY lifting Joo won, even though it was fro brief moment is good improvisation. I think it must have surprised Joo won as well.

• Blob 2

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Congratulations to JW and the rest of the Ghost team for a successful run! :hooray:

I have to say, seeing this whole thing play out in the midst of the pandemic has been kind of surreal. Usually, I think I just take it for granted that any project JW starts will end successfully, but this time...there was no such guarantee. I knew that at any moment, a sharp rise in case numbers (or an outbreak connected to the show itself) could completely derail the whole thing, no matter how much hard work the cast and crew put into preparations, public health precautions, etc. And that fear seemed to be confirmed when the show went on hiatus earlier, so even after performances resumed, I always kept my eye out for news that, once again, it would be stopped - possibly, as we got closer and closer to the finish line, for good.

But they did it. The cast and crew stayed healthy (or, at least, COVID-free), and their audience was safe as well. And that, I think, deserves special congratulations. :hooray2:

• Like 2

New workout video from JW - What I find interesting about watching this video in particular is that, as built up as he's become over the years, JW's overall proportions are still the same. Like, even when viewed from the back like that, he's instantly recognizable :) 

Also, while JW seldom appears in those Instagram fan collages (he's not that big in the Hallyu star world, and that's fine with me), but he did in these ones recently:

Historical vs. Modern dress - By the way: which one do you prefer him in?

Antiheroic K-drama Leads - This post mentions Yong Pal specifically, but I think we could make reasonable arguments for some of his other dramas, too. Hm...maybe that's what he's the "king" of ;) 

• Like 2

JW got a shoutout in Beenzino's recent Vlog - He was asked some questions about the Gunbang group (i.e. Beenzino himself, Daesung, Taeyang, Go Kyung Pyo, and JW), and his answers were hilarious. :lol: 

The mention of JW was in answer to whether he'd rather walk the Camino de Santiago (a popular pilgrimage trek through Spain - the same one that got a shoutout in Alice) with JW or Go Kyung Pyo. He picked JW (yay!), but the way he described both guys made them sound like real-life versions of Cha Yoo Jin and Yoo Il Rak. I guess the Nae Il's Cantabile casting directors were onto something after all ;) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

JW got a shoutout in Beenzino's recent Vlog - He was asked some questions about the Gunbang group (i.e. Beenzino himself, Daesung, Taeyang, Go Kyung Pyo, and JW), and his answers were hilarious. :lol: 

The mention of JW was in answer to whether he'd rather walk the Camino de Santiago (a popular pilgrimage trek through Spain - the same one that got a shoutout in Alice) with JW or Go Kyung Pyo. He picked JW (yay!), but the way he described both guys made them sound like real-life versions of Cha Yoo Jin and Yoo Il Rak. I guess the Nae Il's Cantabile casting directors were onto something after all ;) 

Lol! I like the way he picked according to the nature of his friends. Like, he knew which guy will not feel bad if he is left out since he likes to be left out. And Go Kyung Pyo side tracking from the journey seems to be accurate. Also, I like how joo won try to left out himself out in the beginning of the video

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

He picked JW (yay!), but the way he described both guys made them sound like real-life versions of Cha Yoo Jin and Yoo Il Rak. I guess the Nae Il's Cantabile casting directors were onto something after all ;) 

I think the casting department was spot on, Yoo II Rak character easily distracted and Cha Yoo Jin is focused until he completes his task.

• Like 4

Hey dear fellow Joo Won fans, I've been reading in this thread quietly for a little while now and thought I'd say "hi"^^

I only discovered Joo Won about a month ago when I decided to watch Good Doctor on Netflix and ever since I've been completely under his spell. I've only watched GD, Alice, Tomorrow Cantabile and Joo Won's Lifelog so far but the more I see of his acting and his personality the more blown away I am. I've honestly no words to describe his acting... and no one to compare him to either, he seems to be in a league of his very own. It seems like there's not a single emotion he can't express - in a gazillion ways, too - and in those 3 dramas I've watched so far it's like each time I'm meeting him for the first time all over again - everything's different: his posture, his voice, his facial expressions, his movements...

I could sing his praises forever but instead I'll ask what I wanted to ask: is there any work of his or interview, etc that you'd recommend I watch next? I want to catch up with all he's done over the years but since he had his debut in 2006 (and drama debut in 2010) there is a TON of content and I'm finding myself a little overwhelmed. If you have any suggestions, I'd be so happy if you'd share. Thank you 

Edited by Calli
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Calli said:

I could sing his praises forever but instead I'll ask what I wanted to ask: is there any work of his or interview, etc that you'd recommend I watch next? I want to catch up with all he's done over the years but since he had his debut in 2006 (and drama debut in 2010) there is a TON of content and I'm finding myself a little overwhelmed. If you have any suggestions, I'd be so happy if you'd share. Thank you 

Edited 20 minutes ago by Calli

First of all, welcome to the forum and I hope we get along. And second of all, I know the struggle you are going through right now. Like, after completing all the dramas of joo won and completely mesmerized by acting, you are craving more, like to find what he is like off the screen, about his personal life and interview. So, here's a fan account who keeps almost all the past off screen videos of Joo won

https://www.instagram.com/meyahmjw/

And you can search for behind the scene videos of his dramas on YouTube, unfortunately, some of them have no subtitles

Also here's the 3 months old video of joo won starring in "Jessi's show"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pemDVA6jEEI

I am pretty sure other members from the group  will pitch in and provide you with more content

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

First of all, welcome to the forum and I hope we get along. And second of all, I know the struggle you are going through right now. Like, after completing all the dramas of joo won and completely mesmerized by acting, you are craving more, like to find what he is like off the screen, about his personal life and interview. So, here's a fan account who keeps almost all the past off screen videos of Joo won

https://www.instagram.com/meyahmjw/

And you can search for behind the scene videos of his dramas on YouTube, unfortunately, some of them have no subtitles

Also here's the 3 months old video of joo won starring in "Jessi's show"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pemDVA6jEEI

I am pretty sure other members from the group  will pitch in and provide you with more content

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, kireeti2! I really appreciate it and the links you shared. I've actually already watched Joo Won & Ivy's appearance on Jessi's show and absolutely loved it. I kept thinking throughout "how - with all his many gifts and accomplishments - is he so humble and sweet and SO charming?" Also, he keeps getting more handsome too with every passing year (not complaing at all^^). Thank you again!

• Like 4

Hello again, 

I stumbled upon Joo Won's Ghost interview (part 1 and 2) posted on the i_sensee IG account and I was wondering if anyone knows if there's an English translation anywhere? Thank you

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIAdiqEjGx5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIXd4urJx-R/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 3