Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

And Ghost performance suspension got extended till 28th December until further notice.

Translation:

12/6 (Sun) Following the government's 2.5 step social distancing measures, the Seoul Metropolitan Government issued a guideline to extend the reinforced measures from 12/8 (Tue) 0 o'clock to 12/28 (Mon) 24 o'clock. Accordingly < ghost > The performance of the performance during and after the temporary suspension period of Please check the contents of the image.

Again I hope Team Ghost won't be too disheartened. Covid is just making things so difficult for people in so many different level.

Oh and Blue Dragon got postponed too..

https://www.soompi.com/article/1441620wpp/41st-blue-dragon-film-awards-shares-details-about-ceremony-including-performers-and-red-carpet-event

(A source from the awards ceremony stated, “There is growing social concern over the uncontrolled rise in COVID-19 cases, so we have decided to guard as much as possible against further spread and postpone the ceremony for the safety of the filmmakers. We ask for the understanding of all the actors, film industry personnel, media personnel, and audience members involved, and pray that the COVID-19 situation will soon be contained.”

Another statement read, “More than any other year, the 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards had a highly competitive and diverse lineup of nominees. Rather than just an awards ceremony, it was meant to give hope and comfort to the film industry, which has suffered due to COVID-19. But the explosive rise in COVID-19 cases means that we must put the filmmakers’ safety first and postpone the ceremony.”)

If the situation doesn't improve I fear year end drama award will get cancelled or postponed. Even if it miss the timing I hope it will have a chance to take place rather than get cancelled. I remember JW saying he was watching year end awards ceremonies in Tv in Army and it felt really wired to him missing that for the first time since TV debut. He expressed he just want to enjoy sitting there doesn't matter if he wins or not. So, hopefully situation will improve and the year end drama awards will take place even if it's posponed. 

So chances are we won't be getting our expected JW stuffs anytime soon unless he personally updates something on IG or vlive. As long he's safe and sound it's alright. He will probably feel down that this is happening, last time his performance got affected because of cold this time the whole word is affected by Covid. I hope he makes some time to chat with fans via vlive. That'll be a mood booster for fans and himself as well.

Above all I hope and pray the world heals soon from covid 19.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

And Ghost performance suspension got extended till 28th December until further notice.

On the bright side, joo won will be able to take break or would likely start reading new scripts for next drama, now that he has time at his disposal.

34 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Again I hope Team Ghost won't be too disheartened. Covid is just making things so difficult for people in so many different level.

I did not know COVID-19 cases are surging in South Korea, I thought they got it under control. :worried: Now that Vaccine is around the corner I thought there will be ease of restrictions, guess Korean authorities are not taking any chances.

Joo won's Instagram update

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Though his caption is a smiley, his masked expression doesn't look smiley (because his eyes are looking full) It looksrather down.Or is it just me?

4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:
4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

28th December until further notice.

On the bright side, joo won will be able to take break or would likely start reading new scripts for next drama, now that he has time at his disposal.

I also like to think on bright side and also believe safety should always be the major concern. But the following things I'm writing are my observation of overall situation as a whole.

I also thought JW and team Ghost should take it as much needed rest when the suspension was till 17th but now that it got extended it might be rather uncomfortable for them- whether it could be resumed after that or not. Also Ghost Production team has many things planned for congratulating Korean CSAT examinees, Christmas and New year celebrations. All of these were supposed to be on December-January. JW had major show in both Christmas and New Year. And prior to this a long suspension has been decided in order to ensure safety. Considering all circumstances Team Ghost will bound to be sad. But it's also not just Team Ghost there are many other musical and stage played going around in South Korea. They probably had same things planned and got postponed. So overall mood of the platform will be in a disheartened mood that they have to postpone performance at the time of festivities.

Anyways, I just hope things comes around soon and everyone be safe and sound.

Joo wonah~ 

Don't worry.. things will come around. Fighting! 

EoU4-b-VEAIU_AA?format=jpg&name=medium

Picture Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Knote_p/status/1334535519766605826

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I did not know COVID-19 cases are surging in South Korea, I thought they got it under control. :worried: Now that Vaccine is around the corner I thought there will be ease of restrictions, guess Korean authorities are not taking any chances.

In all fairness, the cases are c. 600 a day in all of South Korea right now - it's still one of the countries with the lowest case counts in the world (39,432 cumulative cases at the time I'm writing this, according to Johns Hopkins University), nor has it managed to overtake the first wave yet in terms of number of daily cases (unlike most other countries). So this isn't yet a situation of, say, tons of people being infected, hospitalized, or killed.

However, South Korea's government has a history of being extremely cautious about the pandemic, such that it introduces restrictions at even slight increases in cases (e.g. closing bars after a cluster in Itaewon). It's part of the broad approach that has helped them so far, and I'd rather Korea be overly cautious now than try to maintain the status quo and regret it later.

(And, hey, at least they don't have people actively flouting or protesting the rules in the name of "freedom" - as if our freedom to go out matters more than people's actual lives. Like, I could sympathize with those who protest for the sake of their livelihoods, but just because "you can't tell me what to do"...oy :headbang: If you're confused, just be glad it doesn't happen where you live.)

Also, re: vaccines - it will take months (if not longer) for enough of a herd immunity to have built up in order for restrictions to be eased. Where I am, vaccines will be distributed in small batches to the most high risk individuals first (it's the Pfizer vaccine, which must 1) be stored at extremely cold temperatures, and 2) not be jostled in transit lest it start to deteriorate), so I think we'll be in it for the long haul. It's also why I'm not breathing that sigh of relief about vaccines just yet - we still can't afford to loosen up.

7 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

So chances are we won't be getting our expected JW stuffs anytime soon unless he personally updates something on IG or vlive. As long he's safe and sound it's alright. He will probably feel down that this is happening, last time his performance got affected because of cold this time the whole word is affected by Covid. I hope he makes some time to chat with fans via vlive. That'll be a mood booster for fans and himself as well.

Maybe - but I hope he gets a chance to just be by himself for a while first. He (and the rest of the Ghost team) probably has a lot to think about right now.

3 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Also Ghost Production team has many things planned for congratulating Korean CSAT examinees, Christmas and New year celebrations. All of these were supposed to be on December-January. JW had major show in both Christmas and New Year. And prior to this a long suspension has been decided in order to ensure safety. Considering all circumstances Team Ghost will bound to be sad. But it's also not just Team Ghost there are many other musical and stage played going around in South Korea. They probably had same things planned and got postponed. So overall mood of the platform will be in a disheartened mood that they have to postpone performance at the time of festivities.

I also want to point out that, to the best of my knowledge, this is a preemptive or preventative suspension - that's way better than it being a reactive suspension (i.e. in response to an outbreak that's been linked to theatre performances or even Ghost specifically), especially for the emotional/mental health of the team. I remember that JW used to be the sort of person who'd ruminate or blame himself a lot when things went wrong - my hope is that this time around, he could look on the bright side and understand that this isn't about any mistake on his or his friends' part, but something they could do to help others.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

"you can't tell me what to do"...oy 

Well, we are  busy blaming each other, so, it is not like that situation is bright in my country. We just got lucky, because of the young population, and due to unreliable testing and data by center and state level governments our side of cases are showing lower than expected and also there were instances where officials tried to sabotage or just ignored the deaths due to COVID-19.

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

it's the Pfizer vaccine, which must 1) be stored at extremely cold temperatures

Well, Moderna Vaccine requires much less cooling than Pfizer(more like it needs cooling of a regular refrigerator) and it is said to 94.5% effective.And also there are other vaccines in pipeline as well. Most of the experts are saying that by second quarter of 2021 we will have at least 4 to 5 vaccines to choose from and they might be much less expensive than the above said vaccine and hopefully accessible to all.

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

because his eyes are looking full)

Joo won's eyes always look like that, I mean they are sharp and it is very hard to make out his expression by looking at his eyes.

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

other musical and stage played going around in South Korea.

So, other musicals have also got cancelled ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Well, we are  busy blaming each other, so, it is not like that situation is bright in my country.

That's not too far a cry from what's been happening here in Canada either. Okay, so no political party is blaming another per se, but unlike during the first wave (when parties on opposing sides set aside their differences to work together to fight the pandemic), there's been a lot more politicking and general criticism floating around. And once you involve the public as well...you know the saying: "You can't please everybody." 

So, the way I see it, rather than get too into the politics, I'm more interested in just adapting to the situation as it changes. I need to stay home unless it's absolutely essential? Okay. We have a vaccine now but need to wait for others to get it first? Okay. 

We just got lucky, because of the young population, and due to unreliable testing and data by center and state level governments our side of cases are showing lower than expected and also there were instances where officials tried to sabotage or just ignored the deaths due to COVID-19.

I did notice that India was really fortunate re: the fatality rate, and what you're saying about COVID-19 mostly affecting young people helps explain that. I wish I could say the same here, but it's still cutting a swath through the older population, especially those in retirement, long term care, and nursing homes; as well as other disadvantaged communities (the working class, racialized people - especially Indigenous - etc.).

And also there are other vaccines in pipeline as well. Most of the experts are saying that by second quarter of 2021 we will have at least 4 to 5 vaccines to choose from and they might be much less expensive than the above said vaccine and hopefully accessible to all.

Yeah - I think that Canada has its eye on...5 different vaccines? I think? The numbers are a bit fuzzy in my head now, but I do think we're considering Moderna and AstraZeneca as well, at least. Pfizer's just the first one for which the whole approval process got finished.

But I do find accessibility concerning, especially on a global scale. Everyone's wanting to get their hands on the same vaccines, so it's almost inevitable that wealthier countries will get them first - and where does that leave the rest of the world? Socio-economic inequities are going to be exacerbated by this, but I can't fault anyone for wanting to be first in line.

Joo won's eyes always look like that, I mean they are sharp and it is very hard to make out his expression by looking at his eyes.

He's always had very expressive eyes; but oftentimes, those eyes show multiple overlapping emotions, which makes them hard to read from just a photo :P 

Regardless, my guess is that he added the smiley face on his Instagram post to show fans who were concerned about Ghost's suspension that he's still okay :thumbsup:

So, other musicals have also got cancelled ?

It...would be really odd if they didn't, wouldn't it? I don't have any official news on the subject, but since this involves 1) government guidelines, and 2) public health and safety, it would be rather unusual if other shows don't start cancelling after Ghost does (if they haven't done so already). Because, well, who wants to be the villain in that story?

By the way, I tried to go on SeenSee's Instagram to check, but it looks like they just have Ghost on right now, so everything they're doing is accounted for. In the meantime, I stumbled across this interesting post: the MBTI types of all the major characters. Interesting to see that Sam Wheat is an ISTJ - but I'm still not sure on JW himself :P 

(Speaking of MBTI, I have also added a Master List of all my MBTI portraits so far to the "About Me" part of my profile page.)

Finally, forgive me if this feels inappropriate right now in the midst of all this news about show cancellations amid COVID-19, but I did want to post something more lighthearted as well. See, I woke up to a gorgeous scene outside due to an overnight surprise snowfall, and that gave me the idea to throw together a winter-themed round of Scattergories!

Spoiler

Scattergories: Snowy Winter Edition

There's really only one rule: for each prompt, just say which JW drama character comes first to mind.

As always, repeats are allowed; and, as always, pay attention for if I'm asking for a guy, a girl, or a couple

Good luck - and have fun! :Pandabulous:

1. The JW drama guy most likely to say winter is his favourite season (Bonus question: why is it his favourite?)

2. Conversely, the JW drama guy who just wants winter to end because he hates the cold (Bonus question: why does he hate it?)

3. The JW drama girl most likely to swamp her Instagram account with a gazillion snow pics

4. The JW drama couple most likely to enjoy a snowball fight

5. The JW drama girl most likely to cook up tons of warm and delicious comfort food during the winter (Bonus question: what's her favourite dish to make?)

6. The JW drama couple most likely to vacation at a ski resort

7. The JW drama couple who'd spend a date at an outdoor skating rink

8. The JW drama guy most likely to constantly bicker with his girlfriend/partner over whether he's dressed warmly enough

9. The JW drama couple who'd just prefer to curl up on the couch and watch a movie (Bonus question: what kind of movie?)

10. The JW drama girl most likely to try to steal her boyfriend/partner's sweater and wear it herself (Bonus question: how does he react?)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

1. The JW drama guy most likely to say winter is his favourite season (Bonus question: why is it his favourite?)

Park Si-On, so coming to the "Why" part of the question. He already mentioned it, how much he likes Christmas (explicitly) while describing how much he like Cha Yoon Seo. So, I am taking it for granted that his favorite season is winter. And also, during his time in orphanage I think this season would have been only time he get to spend time with the Director and get to eat his favorite food items, so, his childhood experience may also made the winter  season as his favorite season

2. Conversely, the JW drama guy who just wants winter to end because he hates the cold (Bonus question: why does he hate it?)

Lee Kang To, given that how poor his family has become after his father opposed the imperial army, and given that how cold Korea can get during the winter season, his mom and brother would have struggled to keep themselves warm, since access to warm clothing is for privileged people in those times. It's funny how this hasn't changed even in 21st century, due to climate change my part of the country is experiencing unprecedented low temperatures, which effects people from lower socio-economic strata hardest.

3. The JW drama girl most likely to swamp her Instagram account with a gazillion snow pics

Kim Deo Yeon, probably she will have lot of photos with Park Jin Gyeom with his poker face. I thought of going with Nae-il but she really didn't strike as a person who likes to upload or take photos for Instagram's sake

5 hours ago, kittyna said:

4. The JW drama couple most likely to enjoy a snowball fight

Lol, you have to ask, there is scene of this Hwang Tae Hee and Bae Ja-Eun having as snow ball fight on their honeymoon.

5. The JW drama girl most likely to cook up tons of warm and delicious comfort food during the winter (Bonus question: what's her favourite dish to make?)

Yoon Tae Yi(2020), she will problem stay inside the house and do her research. And also, we already know that she can cook, so, she probably will stock up her fridge with ingredients to make delicious food throughout the winter. I am not able to think what her favorite food is and since she was raised by parents who run Chinese restaurant, so, her favorite dish might be some Chinese dish.

6. The JW drama couple most likely to vacation at a ski resort

Hwang Tae Hee and Bak Ja Eun

7. The JW drama couple who'd spend a date at an outdoor skating rink

Han Pil Hoon and Kim Kyung-Ja ,Just to have a different couple

8. The JW drama guy most likely to constantly bicker with his girlfriend/partner over whether he's dressed warmly enough

Kim Do Yeon  and Park Jin Gyeom, Do Yeon would be the one who is going to constantly nagging Jin Gyeom for not wearing warm clothes.

9. The JW drama couple who'd just prefer to curl up on the couch and watch a movie (Bonus question: what kind of movie?)

Hwang Tae Hee and Baek Ja Eun, since they are married, so they have high  probability  of staying together during  winter holidays, I am thinking of their time in USA , obviously it is not possible for them to this back in Korea. I think they would rather watch 1 Day 2 Night show than a movie .

10. The JW drama girl most likely to try to steal her boyfriend/partner's sweater and wear it herself (Bonus question: how does he react?)

Nae-il and obviously cha Yoo Jin would be pissed and start giving her lecture about why she should not wear his sweater, since it will not give her optimal protection from cold

You are bonus questions are like the extra information in an assignment which makes the assignment difficult to very difficult. Not that I am complaining, but I had to dive deeper into the drama and search for the answers, and sometimes I may not get the answer, for instance,  the favorite food question, since in the drama there is no explicit mention of the favorite food of any character, except for few characters like Grandma from Ojakgyo Family. Nevertheless, bonus questions made the it fun and more engaging with the task. If it were easy, I think I wouldn't had enjoyed it

That's not too far a cry from what's been happening here in Canada either.

Well, at least you guys have decentralized government and lot of social capital to lean on to. In India we have high centralization and lack of social capital, which is going to make it difficult for us to navigate through this pandemic. And the people in power are just busy polarizing the public so that they can win every election, it's like winning an election became an end rather than mean for the people in power. Our founding fathers must be rolling in their graves, if they know  the kind of people who have been elected to run the country and people can't seem past their hate and contempt for each other

On 12/9/2020 at 7:15 AM, kittyna said:

So, I just found out about this now because it showed up in my YouTube recommendations, but there was a little mini-feature about Kim Tae Hee on the same KBS program JW appeared in:

OMG!!! She hasn't aged at all :love:

• Awesome 2

11 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Park Si-On, so coming to the "Why" part of the question. He already mentioned it, how much he likes Christmas (explicitly) while describing how much he like Cha Yoon Seo. So, I am taking it for granted that his favorite season is winter. And also, during his time in orphanage I think this season would have been only time he get to spend time with the Director and get to eat his favorite food items, so, his childhood experience may also made the winter  season as his favorite season

I remembered the Christmas comment, too :) And I also like your idea about Si On's childhood - it's one I hadn't thought about (i.e. that maybe he'd only get visits from Dr. Choi during holidays due to his busy schedule), but it makes sense.

Lee Kang To, given that how poor his family has become after his father opposed the imperial army, and given that how cold Korea can get during the winter season, his mom and brother would have struggled to keep themselves warm, since access to warm clothing is for privileged people in those times. It's funny how this hasn't changed even in 21st century, due to climate change my part of the country is experiencing unprecedented low temperatures, which effects people from lower socio-economic strata hardest.

And I really like your line of reasoning here. Incidentally, I wound up thinking the same thing, but ended up with a different answer ;) 

Yoon Tae Yi(2020), she will problem stay inside the house and do her research. And also, we already know that she can cook, so, she probably will stock up her fridge with ingredients to make delicious food throughout the winter. I am not able to think what her favorite food is and since she was raised by parents who run Chinese restaurant, so, her favorite dish might be some Chinese dish.

Maybe Chinese, or maybe some sort of Koreanized Western food - since I remember that she made pasta for Jin Gyeom :) 

Nae-il and obviously cha Yoo Jin would be pissed and start giving her lecture about why she should not wear his sweater, since it will not give her optimal protection from cold

:loolz: That's awesome! And then Nae Il would just be like, "Well, that means I get to snuggle up next to you" :P 

Yeah, Cha Yoo Jin - just give up already...you're never gonna win this ;) 

You are bonus questions are like the extra information in an assignment which makes the assignment difficult to very difficult. Not that I am complaining, but I had to dive deeper into the drama and search for the answers, and sometimes I may not get the answer, for instance,  the favorite food question, since in the drama there is no explicit mention of the favorite food of any character, except for few characters like Grandma from Ojakgyo Family.

The Bonus Questions are more just me being curious about what you end up imagining in the main prompt - I don't expect the answers to be found in the dramas themselves.

And the people in power are just busy polarizing the public so that they can win every election, it's like winning an election became an end rather than mean for the people in power. Our founding fathers must be rolling in their graves, if they know  the kind of people who have been elected to run the country and people can't seem past their hate and contempt for each other

If I didn't know you were referring to India, I'd feel like this was talking about the United States. That's an example of an extremely decentralized government: where states could pretty much just do their own thing, which has saved some - as their governors imposed restrictions regardless of what the White House says - but could easily go the other way around for the more anti-lockdown states once Biden is sworn in. So it looks like either extreme doesn't work all that well when running a massive country...unless we're thinking of China, which definitely has an extremely centralized government.

(By the way, for anyone who's interested, this TED talk explains, among other things, just how the Chinese government bureaucracy is structured, and dang.... Like, city officials are practically running small countries once you account for population. Maybe, @kireeti2, this wouldn't surprise you given India's population, but for me here in Canada, the numbers are just astounding.)

And now, for my Scattergories answers:

1. The JW drama guy most likely to say winter is his favourite season (Bonus question: why is it his favourite?)

Just to have a different answer from "Park Si On" (although that really was an awesome one), I'm going to say Cha Yoo Jin here. Again, it's because of nostalgia: considering that Yoo Jin spent his childhood in Austria, where people go completely all-out for Christmas, New Year's, the Carnival ball season (Jan/Feb), etc., I think he would associate the season with many positive memories. Plus, I somehow just think he's the sort of person who'd like the pristine look of freshly fallen snow - not sure why, though.

2. Conversely, the JW drama guy who just wants winter to end because he hates the cold (Bonus question: why does he hate it?)

I had the same line of reasoning as @kireeti2 (i.e. that one would dislike winter if one lacked the means to keep warm), but saw it in a more 21st century context - hence, my answer of Kim Tae Hyun. I know the whole "rooftop house" is romanticized a lot in K-dramas, but actually living in one...kinda sucks. Newer ones may be better, but the sort that Tae Hyun grew up in would be hastily constructed and not up to code (since many were originally storage units rather than houses), and could be extremely cold in winter and hot in summer due to poor insulation. And that's not even counting the perpetually broken windows, courtesy of his father's drunken rages and what I imagine would be insufficient funds to repair or replace them every single time.

Mind you, with a chronically ill sister to take care of, chances are that Tae Hyun's own discomfort would be the least of his worries - but it doesn't mean he wouldn't feel frustrated for her sake.

3. The JW drama girl most likely to swamp her Instagram account with a gazillion snow pics

Since Instagram was founded in 2010 and Ojakgyo Brothers takes place in 2011, I don't think Baek Ja Eun would have done this a lot during the time of the drama itself. However, in the subsequent years, as Instagram became increasingly popular in Korea, I think she would get into it as a hobby.

4. The JW drama couple most likely to enjoy a snowball fight

Hwang Tae Hui and Baek Ja Eun have that moment in the drama :) But if I want to add someone different...I'm going to say Park Si On and Cha Yoon Seo. Okay, so Si On would generally suck at it (:P), but both he and Yoon Seo have this mischievous streak that makes them open to childish play :) Maybe it could even turn into a larger thing if, say, several members of the pediatrics team end up on break at the same time.

5. The JW drama girl most likely to cook up tons of warm and delicious comfort food during the winter (Bonus question: what's her favourite dish to make?)

I'm going to go with the unconventional choice here and say Hye Myung. Although she wouldn't have many opportunities to do this growing up in the palace, once she actually starts learning traditional Korean and Chinese medicine, I imagine she would want to get involved with the food prep herself after she's married. I'm not entirely sure what specific dish she'd like to make the most, but I do think it would be some sort of healing soup or stew.

6. The JW drama couple most likely to vacation at a ski resort

Just because of sheer accessibility if we assume they live in Europe...Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il. I don't know just how much skiing they'd do, but I do like to imagine them heading to a chalet for a weekend from time to time.

7. The JW drama couple who'd spend a date at an outdoor skating rink

Here, I'm going to say Hwang Tae Hui and Baek Ja Eun, simply because I've had this mental image for a long time now of the two of them on a trip to New York City (including the famous Rockefeller Center's skating rink) while they're living in the US.

8. The JW drama guy most likely to constantly bicker with his girlfriend/partner over whether he's dressed warmly enough

Again, it might be an unorthodox choice, but I thought of Kim Tae Hyun and Han Yeo Jin. Even though we mostly see her as the one in poorer health, we also see that she's very much concerned for his comfort. And once she's recovered and strong enough to do so, I think she'd start to put her foot down about making sure he takes care of himself - especially since, all things considered, Tae Hyun doesn't have the best track record in that department :P He's the sort who's constantly rushing around trying to cover for everyone else, so I could visualize him trying to, say, run out of the house without a proper jacket during an emergency call.

Yes, I know it's strange given what I've said in #2 about his aversion to the cold - but Tae Hyun's the sort who tends to act without thinking. So I think he'd run out like that first, take care of whatever the emergency is, then come back and be all, "****, it's freezing!" At which point Yeo Jin's just like, "See? What'd I tell you? Maybe you should listen next time" ;)

9. The JW drama couple who'd just prefer to curl up on the couch and watch a movie (Bonus question: what kind of movie?)

I really like @kireeti2's choice of Hwang Tae Hui and Baek Ja Eun, but just to have something different, I also want to add Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il. For me, it's mostly just down to Yoo Jin being something of a homebody, and it being easier for him to convince Nae Il to stay home than for her to convince him to go out :P As for what they'd watch, I think they'd both be interested in some sort of human drama - maybe a biopic or something. 

10. The JW drama girl most likely to try to steal her boyfriend/partner's sweater and wear it herself (Bonus question: how does he react?)

lol - For some bizarre reason, I actually wound up imagining Kim Do Yeon and Park Jin Gyeom here. Maybe it's because I just think she's cute, and it seems to fall in line with her tendency to just plant herself in his life regardless of what he thinks. As for Jin Gyeom's reaction...I think he'd just be confused :P 

• Insightful 2

22 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Si On would generally suck at it

That's why I didn't pick this couple, since it does involve certain degree of violence, I sort of assumed Si-On might not have fun playing snow ball fight with Cha Yoon Seo, since he will be afraid that she might get hurt

26 minutes ago, kittyna said:

As for Jin Gyeom's reaction...I think he'd just be confused

Or maybe he will buy more sweaters for her the very next day :lol:

30 minutes ago, kittyna said:

By the way, for anyone who's interested, this TED talk explains, among other things, just how the Chinese government bureaucracy is structured, and dang.... Like, city officials are practically running small countries once you account for population. Maybe, @kireeti2, this wouldn't surprise you given India's population, but for me here in Canada, the numbers are just astounding.

No, it is not similar like Chinese structure, they do have some degree of decentralization when it comes to development works of the provinces and cities. Where as in India States have less autonomy and city administration rely on states for staff and funds. Now, with the current party at the center which has been far more authoritarian than previous regimes , which  have weakened the federal structure and the pandemic has exacerbated it.

36 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I'm going to go with the unconventional choice here and say Hye Myung

Not unconventional but it does bring fresh perspective for this character. I totally forgot about her interest in making medicines and always tried to do her work on her own.

39 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Just because of sheer accessibility if we assume they live in Europe...Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il.

I thought of this couple too, but I sort of assumed that they'll be busy with their shows and musicals , and will not have time to visit any ski resorts as long as they are in Europe, since their main purpose to live Europe is to study and do musical performance

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

That's why I didn't pick this couple, since it does involve certain degree of violence, I sort of assumed Si-On might not have fun playing snow ball fight with Cha Yoon Seo, since he will be afraid that she might get hurt

I see....I hadn't thought of that, actually. I was just thinking that Si On's aim would be so bad as to render him essentially harmless (i.e. that he'd just miss by a long shot) - but, yes, it is possible for a snowball to go awry and hit someone like that.

Or maybe he will buy more sweaters for her the very next day :lol:

lol - Now, that would be a sight, wouldn't it ;) 

Not unconventional but it does bring fresh perspective for this character. I totally forgot about her interest in making medicines and always tried to do her work on her own.

My understanding is that, in many cultures across history, it was up to the women (regardless of social class) to know a little bit about their culture's respective traditional remedies. However, I do think Hye Myung would take it to a level all her own :) 

I thought of this couple too, but I sort of assumed that they'll be busy with their shows and musicals , and will not have time to visit any ski resorts as long as they are in Europe, since their main purpose to live Europe is to study and do musical performance

lol - Well, they gotta take breaks sometime, right? :P But I also think they'd take advantage of wherever they end up performing to go on quick one/two-day side trips (one such example will show up in the upcoming Seolleim in Salzburg finale, for instance).

Just came across this on Instagram: K-drama actors in the Joseon era gat (i.e. hat). Usually, these collage/compilation posts don't include JW, but this one did, so enjoy!

• Like 2

And here I am with the sole Preview/Teaser for this year's Christmas Special - which means that, yes, you'll finally know which drama it's for ;) 

Spoiler

Nurse Nam watches closely as I enter the stats from my latest set of rounds into the system. “Is there anything new I need to be aware of?”

I shake my head, smiling in relief. “Ani. Just the same old. I know it’s probably asking too much for things to stay that way,” I add, “but so long as we don’t have any major emergencies, we should actually have time to discuss the party today.”

As two of the nurses silently cheer my announcement, Nurse Nam also lets out a chuckle. “I guess it’ll be a big one this year.”

“It’ll have to be,” I answer brightly. “Especially since Santa Express did so well this year.” A pause. “Mind you, I do know that charity fundraisers tend to do better one year to the next, but it’s still good to see the numbers going up.”

She offers me a sympathetic smile. “That’s what Park Si On Seonsaeng said earlier – rather more enthusiastically than you just did, but the gist was much the same.”

The mental image of my boyfriend doing just that makes me laugh. “He would, wouldn’t he…” I muse softly to myself. Then, to the nurses, I ask, “How long ago was he here?”

“Twenty minutes, maybe?” a junior nurse offers. “He didn’t stay long, though.”

“Knowing him,” her companion adds, “he’s probably gone to visit Jae Hee again.”

Rationally, I know she meant it as good news, but I can’t help but go still at the mention of my niece. Slowly, the smile melts from my face, a shift that Nurse Nam picks up on immediately.

“Go ahead, Cha Seonsaeng; we’ll hold the fort here.” Her smile, warm as it always has been, softens further into something almost maternal. “I know we all say we don’t have favourites among the patients, but….”

She trails off without finishing her sentence, but I understand. “Komawo,” I answer, finally smiling in relief as I scramble to log off the computer. “If anyone asks for me, you know where to send them.”

Nodding a quick goodbye to the nurses, I head in the opposite direction from the pre-surgery wing of our pediatrics ward for the corridor that leads to the second of our major departments: pediatric oncology. From the outside, there’s nothing really to suggest that this hallway is any different from my usual one; but as I pass one sickroom after another, I force myself to just look straight ahead lest I feel once again that telltale lump in my throat.

It’s just never felt right, pediatric cancer. Of course, in a perfect world, no childhood disease serious enough to warrant hospitalization should exist. But at least on our side, in the surgical wing, it’s usually something from the outside – an accident, a pathogen, a chemical – that makes kids sick. Here, though, it’s the child’s own body attacking itself; and that’s…that’s just wrong.

And Cha Jae Hee, my Oppa’s seven-year-old daughter – the brightest, liveliest, and most beautiful little girl I know, who deserves so much better – is one of them: here undergoing her first round of intensive chemotherapy for leukemia.

I know the odds are in her favour; many kids in her situation eventually make a full recovery. But she’s still got a long, tough road ahead of her – and, well, if there’s anything I could do to help….

Soon, I get to the right room, close to the end of the hall. Painted with the same cheery yellow as the rest of the ward, it looks strangely bright compared to what’s going on inside.

Just the other day, together with my brother and sister-in-law, we made the painful choice to crop Jae Hee’s long hair short. She didn’t want us to, of course; sobbing that she’d end up looking like a boy; but considering that the alternative of seeing it come out in clumps once her chemo really kicks in would probably be ten times more traumatizing, we went ahead with it anyway.

I pause just a few paces away from the door, taking a deep breath and forcing a smile onto my face. Today is the first time I will be seeing Jae Hee post-haircut. Even though I know what to expect, I need to be careful not to let any hint of surprise show in my expression. Jae Hee’s going to have a hard enough time adjusting to her new look without us grown-ups making things worse.

“Jinjja? Santa will really come here to see me?”

I freeze, hand hovering just over the doorframe. My niece sounds just as bright and cheerful as always, almost like the events from yesterday never happened.

“Ne,” I hear Park Si On answer. “Santa Harabeoji is very, very smart. Always, always he is watching to see who is good and who is bad. And when he sees, Jae Hee-yah, that all the children in this hospital are so, so good and so, so brave, he will come over – bbali, bbali – as soon as he can.”

My niece bursts into giggles. “‘Bbali, bbali’?” she laughs, amused at his signature catchphrase. “How fast is that?”

I press my hand to my mouth to suppress a laugh of my own as Si On hums to himself in thought. I can’t actually see him from this angle, but considering how loudly he’s doing it, he’s probably scratching his head, bouncing his knee, or both. Whichever it is, it makes Jae Hee break into yet another set of giggles.

“Um…um….” It takes him a moment longer before he starts to answer. “Well…the entire surface of the earth is approximately 510 million square kilometres, of which 29 percent is actually land.” As he becomes more confident with his response, his voice grows stronger and his words speed up. “That brings us to about 148 million square kilometres, but scientists say that only 63.7 million of those can be lived on by people.”

Only Park Si On would be so weird as to go into so much detail with a seven-year-old. But a slight sideways shift to bring them both into view shows that rather than looking bored, Jae Hee is sitting up straight, hanging onto his every word.

“So, Jae Hee-yah,” he continues, “if we assume that Santa Harabeoji has to visit all the good children in the world, then that means he has to travel at–”

Suddenly, just as quickly as he’d started, he cuts himself off. It seems that he’s finally come to a point where he is not yet sure about his mental calculations.

My niece leans forward. “Eh?”

Si On’s leg starts to bounce. “Travel at…” he mumbles, half to himself and half to her. “Travel at….”

“Just give it up already, Park Si On,” I say, finally stepping into the room to intervene before his head explodes. “Your strong suit was always in biology rather than physics.”

:Viki-Soompi-Winter-Gift-Emoji:

And there you have it :) I know some of you guys have wanted me to revisit this drama for a while, so you'll get your wish this Christmas

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

he will come over – bbali, bbali

:lol: It never gets old

8 hours ago, kittyna said:

And here I am with the sole Preview/Teaser for this year's Christmas Special - which means that, yes, you'll finally know which drama it's for

Overall, the preview was heartwarming and has a solid story line. I like it how you made the patient close to Cha Yoon Seon, it brings lot of shades in her character. Like, I found her character to be limited in actual drama, where she is an upright doctor who always try to tend to not only physical but also emotional needs of the patients. Here I got to see her other side, like how she is worried about her niece like an aunt, and also, we never get to see her family in the drama, so this brings some freshness in her character. And Park Si-on's explanations were hilarious and spot on, I get totally imagine him giving such kind of explanation about the Santa and earth and also, I like how you portrayed Cha Yoon Seon's niece as a sweet good who is really interested in knowing new things instead of making her annoyed by the details, something tells me that she looks up to her Aunt and wants be a doctor  like her.

Finally, thanks for this fan fiction:approves:, it really was like a Christmas present:omg:, because I am always craving for  "Good Doctor"  fan fictions ever since I have completed the drama, like, read almost all the Fan Fiction that are there on the internet. I am really looking forward to read the whole story :sparklyeyes:

By the way, I found this comment in Asianwiki of "Alice" drama, which sort of answers all my questions about the drama in detail. Name of the account: "Lotlot96".

Spoiler!!!

To offer you guys a little help,

1. Omega in math means the first of all, close to nothing, so it explains why Tae Yi is the only with an omega mark, because she invented the time travel and is the first one or original of all the time travelers.

2. 2050 people who time traveled to the past get the sigma mark. Sigma means summation, or the sum of all. So to denote which one is from the future, they will get sigma mark, since they are the summation of all the years their past lives have lived.

3. Why did Jingyeom still exist after the reset? Because time travel wasn't totally erased. Only the events from 2010 on wards, starting from when his mother was murdered. That's why his present altered. As to why he remembered present Tae Yi, deja-vu happened. Meaning, other parallel universe memories got into him. Note that only his universe got a reset and not the other parallel universes. Also note that Tae Yi came from another parallel universe, not exactly from their timeline.

4. Why does Tae Yi remember everything? Because she's the omega, the mother of all, she's the creator written in the "book of prophecies". She's untouchable. Reset won't apply to her as she already met another version of herself in 1992.

5. Where is Minhyuk and others? Probably in their universe, but not in this timeline.

6. So if Tae Yi from 2050 is still alive, does it mean there are 2 Tae Yi's in the present? Yes, probably, but take note that Jin Gyeom's mother wasn't shown in the last scenes. So we're not sure if she died after some time or if his mother was also altered as a result of the reset.

7. Time travelers won't be able to come to their time line if present Tae Yi will not invent it. There will be no way to enter and exit their universe, so they are safe from their parallel universe selves.

8. Last scenes doesn't really imply to them being lovers. They were just simply connected and attract each other. Their feelings for each other go beyond the definition of lovers. I still believe Jin Gyeom and Do Yeon will end up with each other

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Overall, the preview was heartwarming and has a solid story line. I like it how you made the patient close to Cha Yoon Seon, it brings lot of shades in her character. Like, I found her character to be limited in actual drama, where she is an upright doctor who always try to tend to not only physical but also emotional needs of the patients. Here I got to see her other side, like how she is worried about her niece like an aunt, and also, we never get to see her family in the drama, so this brings some freshness in her character.

I glad you like it so far :) It's true that we don't see much of the characters' lives outside of the hospital in Good Doctor. Of course, it's understandable, given just how much happens there (and the long shifts that resident doctors have anyway), but we tend to forget that they do have lives beyond work. And Cha Yoon Seo's one of the characters I particularly enjoy fleshing out like this.

In truth, I don't remember if the drama mentions anything about her background or her family. Just about everything I've come up with so far is actually inspired by Moon Chae Won herself: her growing up outside of Seoul (MCW's from Daegu), her being from a Catholic family (MCW is actually Catholic, and Yoon Seo does mention going to church when she was younger), and her having a brother (I thought he was older at first, but now I'm not sure). There are going to be some key differences, of course. Most notably, I have no idea how Moon Chae Won views religion, but I do have Cha Yoon Seo as something of an atheist in my fics, much to her mother's chagrin :P And, of course, I don't know anything about extended family, nieces/nephews, etc.

But yeah, I actually get a whole ton of freedom here, which means most of what you see is really from my own imagination and may not be what the drama's writers intended.

By the way, I found this comment in Asianwiki of "Alice" drama, which sort of answers all my questions about the drama in detail. Name of the account: "Lotlot96".

I have to say that I hadn't thought much of the significance behind Omega and Sigma (although my impression was that Omega meant "the last" - like in the scriptural, "I am the Alpha and the Omega").

However, it's interesting to see that this fan and I came to the same conclusions re: the imperfect reset (i.e. 2010 as the branching off point, and how the end of time travel just means an inability to travel between parallel universes - while those universes all still continue to exist), and the characters' relationships. :) 

[EDIT]

And Park Si-on's explanations were hilarious and spot on, I get totally imagine him giving such kind of explanation about the Santa and earth

By the way, if you liked this, I think you'll also find the actual reason why Park Si On stopped himself to be pretty funny as well :P You'll find that out in the finished fic ;) 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I've come up with so far is actually inspired by Moon Chae Won herself: her growing up outside of Seoul (MCW's from Daegu), her being from a Catholic family (MCW is actually Catholic, and Yoon Seo does mention going to church when she was younger), and her having a brother (I thought he was older at first, but now I'm not sure)

Oh, now I remember reading about it, like, I sort recall that she did mention about her mother. And that's why in the Fan Fiction the relationship with her niece was organic,like, it did gave impression like a forced one  :blush:

32 minutes ago, kittyna said:

By the way, if you liked this, I think you'll also find the actual reason why Park Si On stopped himself to be pretty funny as well :P You'll find that out in the finished fic

Oh really!! It would be fun to read. But, let me guess, it was something Cha Yoon Seo said about  going  too detail about science stuff with the patients or he had a similar kind of conversation with Cha Yoon Seo's family members and she sort of gave him advice not to go too deep with his explanation or Kim Do Han might have scolded him for wasting patients time by explaining things with unnecessary facts :lol:

• LOL 2

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Oh, now I remember reading about it, like, I sort recall that she did mention about her mother. And that's why in the Fan Fiction the relationship with her niece was organic,like, it did gave impression like a forced one  :blush:

Yeah. We don't get much from Cha Yoon Seo's mother in the drama - except for whenever she calls to nag her daughter to just start dating already :P - so I personally added Yoon Seo's possible lack of church attendance to the list of things they'd bicker about.

By the way, I'm a bit confused by your second sentence: "that's why in the fan fiction the relationship with her niece was organic, like, it did gave impression like a forced one". I would think that a relationship feeling "organic" and "forced" would be very different things, so...help, please :unsure:

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Oh really!! It would be fun to read. But, let me guess, it was something Cha Yoon Seo said about  going  too detail about science stuff with the patients or he had a similar kind of conversation with Cha Yoon Seo's family members and she sort of gave him advice not to go too deep with his explanation or Kim Do Han might have scolded him for wasting patients time by explaining things with unnecessary facts :lol:

No to any of those - but it does have something to do with Si On's scientific mind ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

I would think that a relationship feeling "organic" and "forced" would be very different things, so...help, please

What I meant was, it felt natural, I mean I could feel that Cha Yoon Seo is genuinely worried as an aunt, like I could sense the chemistry between Cha Yoon Seo and her niece. Like, we can see in few dramas where relationship between two characters really doesn't feel right.

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

No to any of those - but it does have something to do with Si On's scientific mind ;) 

You mean ,like in the first episode introduction scene where he to blurred  out all the scientific facts?

• Like 2

What I meant was, it felt natural, I mean I could feel that Cha Yoon Seo is genuinely worried as an aunt, like I could sense the chemistry between Cha Yoon Seo and her niece. Like, we can see in few dramas where relationship between two characters really doesn't feel right.

I see.... That's very high praise, actually, and I'm not sure what to say to that :sweat_smile: I mean, I try my best, but it's definitely surprising to hear that you think it came out better than some relationships from dramas themselves.... :bashful:

• Like 2

Message of support from JW and many other actors (including some familiar faces if you know JW's oeuvre ;)), to mark the conclusion of an film festival for independent movies hosted by the Gyeonggi Film Commission.

And someone made this chart, which summarizes all of JW's roles from 2010 until now in theatre, television, and film. From this, it seems that we still don't know officially the name of the character he plays in Firefighter.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2020 at 10:56 AM, kireeti2 said:

You mean ,like in the first episode introduction scene where he to blurred  out all the scientific facts?

You know what? Since things are still quiet re: JW updates and the answer's actually not all that spoiler-y for the fic as a whole, here you go. Just a quick note on context: Si On and Yoon Seo are already back in their office/common room at this point, so no kids are around ;) 

Spoiler

“Gwenchansumnida, Seonsaengnim,” he says evenly. “I know that I should not say anything that could ruin Jae Hee’s belief in Santa.” His mouth sets into a small grim line and, for once, he actually looks me straight in the eye. “When children are young, and there are so many scary things in the world, they must hold on to any hope that they still have left.”

With that point settled, he returns to his work, which is my signal to do the same. I head over to my desk, opening up the Internet browser before I’ve even sat down. Several minutes later, as I’m firing off a quick e-mail to the editor for the journal I’m working on a submission for, I hear Si On sidling up next to me.

“Wae?”

Even though he’s the one who came over first, he doesn’t speak up until I actually finish what I’m doing and turn around to face him. In true Si On fashion, he picks up our conversation as though he didn’t abruptly end it himself a while ago: “That…that was not the only time I tried to be careful, Seonsaengnim.”

I look him once over, taking note of the way he’s wringing his hands, eyes wide like those of a puppy seeking approval from its owner. “What do you mean?”

“When Jae Hee asked me about Santa Harabeoji,” he explains, “I did not tell her the truth.”

“Which is…?”

“That according to the laws of physics, in order for Santa Harabeoji to cover the Earth’s entire landmass in a single night, even if he actually has more than twenty-four hours because of time zone differences, his sleigh would still have to travel at close to 3,367 kilometres per second, which is completely physically impossible. And even if it were possible, the massive frictional and gravitational forces exerted on Santa and his reindeer by such massive acceleration would be enough to practically liquefy–”

“Ya!”

My outburst is followed immediately by a loud thud as Woong Ki, startled, drops his book on the floor. He gapes at the two of us, his large eyes growing as round as his thick-rimmed glasses. As for Si On, it takes an awkward heavy silence for him to realize his mistake, but once he does, he immediately starts backpedaling.

“Joe-joesonghamnida, Seonsaengnim,” he stammers, edging away from me towards the door as I start to rise. “Wha-what I meant was–”

A second cry from me sends him running, and by the time I reach the doorway myself, he’s so far down the hall that I have little choice but to yell after him:

“Ya, Park Si On! You know I’m never gonna be able to un-see that, right?!”

Moral of the story: if you still want to believe in Santa Claus, don't ask Park Si On about the science behind his trek :lol:

• Thanks 2