Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

3 hours ago, Ma OO said:

People just love him... He sure has love virus.

Cr as tagged

Wonzan... Jungle.... Yes....... Love Virus... many of us have been infected and don't want to be cured. :w00t:

Joo Won just has this great energy that draws people to him. He doesn't have an negative aura/energy that puts people off. Has there ever been times where he has done anything to push people away or times where he was rude?  I don't recall. I mean no one is perfect but I don't think he has ever been like that. I don't know how he really is in person but from seeing how he is at fan meets and those kind of events, he's very approachable, respectful and super considerate. Honestly, he seems like the type of person who worries about others before himself. You know that type of personality? I think probably when he meets people, he is very calculative and probably worries in his head, how he wants to come off and doesn't want to say anything wrong or to be disruptive, so he always wants to have a good image and wants everything to be peaceful. Genuinely, that's just how he is, he's so friendly and polite... he doesn't need to worry about such issues. His parents/family have raised him well.

I have thought in my head, if I ever meet him (I really hope in my life, I can cross paths with him one day), I will be non-chalant about it and just be casual because he's honestly like you and me. Sometimes we forget. That's why I like him, he doesn't let fame get to his head and he doesn't have that, "I'm better than you." attitude. He's so humble, so sweet... Cutie.. never change.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Ma OO said:

Since Joo Won mentioned about Dellas Buyers club,I want him to take characters like that.  McConaughey was amazing as Ron but it is Jared Leto who blown me away as transgender woman.I want Joo Won to take character like Rayon.So conflicted,so ruined ,so disgusted by other yet so tender and lovely as he can be.It could possibly be career ruining movie and JW will never have a chance to do that. But if he has a chance and was able to do,It will be the best thing ever.

Yeah...that's what I was thinking(when I translated that interview) before I descended into Jungle madness. Boredom does things to your mind. 

Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto were really good in that movie. I wish Korea movie industry can touch on a wider scope of subjects than what they are doing now. I agree that it would be fascinating for Joo Won to take on a role like Rayon but I doubt it will happen. Never mind the Hallyu stars who need to preserve their image, just look at the veterans. I have not seen any take on a riskier role than being a village idiot or a suave villain. That's why the movie landscape there is getting boring. 

• Like 2

Reminiscing old photos I suppose. ^^ You'll be reunited with your friends soon!

Creep much Joo Won? LOL. Look at all of those Bobbi Brown cosmetic products though, lol.
I heard Bobbi Brown cosmetics is very popular in Korea.
I don't really think we use it that much in the U.S. but I could be wrong. I've seen it at Sephora though.
He must be getting his makeup done.
Looks like Manager-nim has a instagram account now. :D

Credit: Joo Won via. Instagram

Credit: MJ via. Instagram

• Like 5

9 hours ago, tokkimoon said:

Wonzan... Jungle.... Yes....... Love Virus... many of us have been infected and don't want to be cured. :w00t:

Joo Won just has this great energy that draws people to him. He doesn't have an negative aura/energy that puts people off. Has there ever been times where he has done anything to push people away or times where he was rude?  I don't recall. I mean no one is perfect but I don't think he has ever been like that. I don't know how he really is in person but from seeing how he is at fan meets and those kind of events, he's very approachable, respectful and super considerate. Honestly, he seems like the type of person who worries about others before himself. You know that type of personality? I think probably when he meets people, he is very calculative and probably worries in his head, how he wants to come off and doesn't want to say anything wrong or to be disruptive, so he always wants to have a good image and wants everything to be peaceful. Genuinely, that's just how he is, he's so friendly and polite... he doesn't need to worry about such issues. His parents/family have raised him well.

I have thought in my head, if I ever meet him (I really hope in my life, I can cross paths with him one day), I will be non-chalant about it and just be casual because he's honestly like you and me. Sometimes we forget. That's why I like him, he doesn't let fame get to his head and he doesn't have that, "I'm better than you." attitude. He's so humble, so sweet... Cutie.. never change.

I just remember watching 1N2D, especially in the earlier episodes (although it did continue at times), and seeing how he would react to other people being upset.  He seems to have a natural tendency to try to defuse situations and make it better, lol.  It almost got to a point where I would wait for the moments when he would look worried about someone else, like my own little game as I watched.  It's really very sweet, though.  And when there were disagreements, he would sometimes be the peacemaker, even if he wasn't involved (was he ever? I don't think so). 

I'm actually watching a more or less random 1N2D ep right now, one of the ones where his team was him, Jong Min, and Si Kyung and we all know how well those always went, haha.  I just watched the part where he walked with SSK and kind of silently commiserated after KJM did something stupid, and then stopped and waited for KJM to catch up.  Total mediator ;)

I so miss that show (yes, I do realize that it's still on, lol).  Now I just made myself miss it more.  Waaah.

• Like 8

I want to see the emotion in Joo Won's face when his name was announced as award winner.

I blame SBS for the lousy angle when they announced Joo Won's name as Daesang winner... I want to see close-up of his face. Wish they had zoomed in on all Daesang nominees' faces before announcement, and zoom in on the winner's face. For all awards, actually. It took SBS a few seconds to show winners' faces, and when they do, the angle was like, 5 metres away, and the winners were already standing up. I spent so many days searching for pictures of Joo Won when his name was announced as Daesang winner, and these are the best I've got:

In this below picture, I cant see Joowon's face. But somehow, I can feel his emotion.

CX1fd-xVAAAp5aO.jpg

Cr to yoomiyeon_eugenia via IG

Bottom-right. This is the BEST picture I've seen out there for Daesang announcement. Just look at the emotion in his face... I cried~ :tears:

CYIEkH6UMAApZX6.jpg

Cr to kmjw30 via IG

• Like 12

12 hours ago, tokkimoon said:

Reminiscing old photos I suppose. ^^ You'll be reunited with your friends soon!

Creep much Joo Won? LOL. Look at all of those Bobbi Brown cosmetic products though, lol.
I heard Bobbi Brown cosmetics is very popular in Korea.
I don't really think we use it that much in the U.S. but I could be wrong. I've seen it at Sephora though.
He must be getting his makeup done.
Looks like Manager-nim has a instagram account now. :D

Credit: Joo Won via. Instagram

Credit: MJ via. Instagram

O M Gosh....... !! Am stoked that JW also chose one of my favourite pictures. I really love that flying scene. I have talked about it in KTH thread because I was so enthralled by it........ still am. As they say a picture speaks a thousand words...... so let our imagination go a thousand ways. It's so surreal..... the miracle of a rescue, the mystery reflected in the sober colours, the dreamlike yards of blue gossamer, two souls floating in the air, two hands reaching out to grasp: one another. No wonder Joo Won and KTH are Winners.  And don't you think that Joo Won looked very masculine and strong.

• Like 4

Not sure if this article has been posted here before.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Joo Won makes cover of Ceci in Korea and China

Updated : November 17 2015
A-
A+

Actor Joo Won made the cover of fashion magazine Ceci for both the Korean and Chinese editions.

In the black-and-white photo, the 28-year-old looks chic, resting his chin on his hand and gazing into the camera. 

In an interview with the magazine after the photo shoot, he said: “I wanted to make the cover of a magazine. It is especially meaningful because I can be featured both in the Korean and Chinese editions.”

He also talked about himself, “I tend to work better when I get praised and am loved (by fans),” he said. He added that he hopes to show different sides of himself in each project and believes he can show better acting after he turns 30. 

His full interview and photos can be seen from the magazine for its December issue. 

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

Source: http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201511171320363675185_2

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

[Herald Interview] Joo Won pursues endless change

A-list actor says thriller ‘Fatal Intuition’ is his turning point

Published: 2015-11-01 17:30
Updated: 2015-11-01 17:31
btn_fontmin.png btn_fontplu.png btn_web.png
Actor Joo Won is one of the hottest rising stars in Korea today, having built an impressive repertoire crossing the stage, TV and the silver screen.

He is best known for his roles as a doctor suffering from autism in the drama “Good Doctor” and his current role across actress Kim Tae-hee in the drama “Yong-pal.”

The Korea Herald sat down with the 28-year-old actor for an interview at a restaurant in Seoul to talk about his acting goals and his first thriller film, “Fatal Intuition.”

restmb_idxmake.php?idx=60&simg=%2Fconten

Joo Won (Yonhap)

Joo Won was acutely aware of the different responses he has received for his TV and film work. 

“Why don‘t I do well with films? I choose them the same way I choose my (TV) dramas,” he said with a sheepish laugh. 

The criteria for choosing his work, according to him, has been the opportunity for change.

“I’m an actor who loves change. It‘s been that way since I was in arts high school,” he said. “I never wanted to do the same thing twice. I wanted to play the perverted old man, rather than the main character.”

He said he found that goal harder to reach once he broke into the TV and film scene.

“I never had to play similar characters again in plays or musicals, but in (TV and film) there seems to be a lot that’s decided for you,” he said. “I chose works that a lot of people had rejected, or been afraid to do. I always evolved. And I decided that at (Korean age) 29, I would bring a big change to my image.”

That change came in the form of Jang-woo, the distraught orphaned young man who tries desperately to find an elusive killer that murdered his younger sister in “Fatal Intuition.” In the film Jang-woo becomes obsessive, stalking and chasing a suspect despite having no evidence to support his accusations, derided by police all the while.

Joo Won (Sim Entertainment)

Moviegoers may be surprised to see Joo Won, known for his clean-cut heartthrob image, change into a gruff, rough-and-tumble laborer in the film.

“It was a character that I needed. It was even better because I know that change should never feel too forced. The director needed my image. He said, rather than having a tough actor play Jang-woo, it would be better to have a nicer, perhaps weaker-looking actor play Jang-woo in order to play to the audience‘s emotions.”

“That’s what I loved about this character. It was a character that had something that was already a part of me.”

Joo Won knew that the shift in his image was a gamble, but he believed that a sincere performance would bring the skeptics around to his side.

“My fans seem to like it when I do things like this. They like me as an actor, not just me as a pretty face. If I stick to my principles, and perform well, my fans support me.”

Joo Won (Sim Entertainment)

For Joo Won, “Fatal Intuition” is one step towards an ultimate goal.

“In the end -- even though this may be far off -- I want to be an actor like those Hollywood actors who can completely change,” he said.

“An actor‘s job is to make audiences relate to a variety of characters ... I want to be an actor who is warm, who is trustworthy, who instills faith.”

He also acknowledged that in order to reach this goal, he would need to selectively focus on important works in the future, rather than doing multiple projects back-to-back as he has been doing so far.

“I realized that I need rest, whether it’s physical or mental. But as of right now, I still feel anxious if I‘m not working,” he said. “I think I’ll be more comfortable in a few years. I‘ll work hard right now and be more cautious about the works I choose a few years later. I’ll invest more time in choosing my works.”

By Won Ho-jung (hjwon@heraldcorp.com)

Source: http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201511011720024191003_2

• Like 8

Joo Won posted a new picture on Weibo... :D

Weibo Message: 주원과 인덕서리

Translation: Joo Won and benevolence frost

c4fb51b0gw1ezu5xnka3yj20dc0hsad2.jpg

Credit: 演员周元 via. Weibo

Joo Won and the mean coldness? Joo Won and the mean weather? Yong-paling the mean coldness? Cutie is too hot for cold weather? :w00t:

My Korean friend said she never heard of this word before. She thinks maybe it is some kind of nickname or something.
Hopefully someone knows what it actually means.

• Like 8

Here's the translation by the HK fanclub. It says: Joo Won and In Deuk (仁德) Sorry.

Presuming In Deuk is the guy behind him (his co-star in Love Express????) and Cutie is apologising for including him in the selfie without his knowledge.

Edited by ctfrsgp
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Maaan... when will Joo Won be back on TV? I need my Joo Won fix. TVland is so boring at the moment... :/

Yah, me too missing Cutie, my baby bro. Had to distract myself from boredom by watching Oh My Venus and Splash Splash Love. Fortunately these 2 dramas are entertaining. Next I will have the new season of Youth Over Flowers to keep me occupied during the weekends until Won Won is ready to come back to K dramaland.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Maaan... when will Joo Won be back on TV? I need my Joo Won fix. TVland is so boring at the moment... :/

This reminds of when we waited a long time for Joo Won to come back after Tomorrow Cantabile. Previously, we were used to him doing 2 dramas in one year. Doesn't seem to be happening now if he's enlisting this year. Anyway, we were rewarded with Yong Pal last year so looking back, it was worth the wait. Looking at the dramas being lined up and a couple of hyped ones coming soon, I am not excited. 

I think Joo Won will do a movie before he enlist, that's usually what everyone does, right? I do not know if winning a Daesang improve his chances of being cast in a good quality movie. A few of his peers have done better at getting good movies. Our Korean translator's take is that Sim 'spoiled' it for Joo Won. Previously, there were numerous movie offers especially after his success in Gaksital and Good Doctor but Sim only let Joo Won take those which they have an interest in. After a while, the offers grew less and less. 

Not much fun or anything captivating on TVland at the moment except Cheese In The Trap. The actress is absolutely refreshing and none of those actors who irritate me are on it. Splash Splash Love is another fun one. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ctfrsgp said:

Yah, me too missing Cutie, my baby bro. Had to distract myself from boredom by watching Oh My Venus and Splash Splash Love. Fortunately these 2 dramas are entertaining. Next I will have the new season of Youth Over Flowers to keep me occupied during the weekends until Won Won is ready to come back to K dramaland.

Loved the Oh My Venus at the start.But ep 12 scared me. This is the first time they wrapped the actor like mummy :c

Joo Won is bad.His acting made me unable to accept sub-standard acting. So I become very picky with actors.I just can't accept bad acting.Then I am also very choosy when it comes to plots.So this leaves me with nothing but very limited dramas to watch.Or no dramas to watch at all.So I become JW's stalker instead ^^ Joo Won ah,come back.

I've read somewhere that Joo Won will finish filming by February. I wonder which drama he will take after that. There are two dramas which have Joo Won names attached. One is Tyrant/Monster,that 50 episodes drama with Hwang Jung Eum rumored also. I personally don't like the whole idea. 50 episodes about revenge is very scary and unappealing.

The Next one is Female Gangster Doctor?  with Park Shin Hye rumored. I love PSH. Not a superb actress but not that bad in my opinion.And Park Ki Woong is rumored to be second lead. So I am more that happy if this casting happens! But the plot is more about female lead.Is it good or bad? And doctor theme again.I doubt he will take doctor role again but than who knows..

Then I am dying to watch him in historical drama,(moon lovers didn't happen,I am so angry) Any upcoming historical drama? ;(

Another news that I've read, that Passion garden and Summer tear Paradise or whatever the name is,in quite a difficult situation. They supposed to have Press Conference on 5 Jan? but cancelled.I heard it is due to SM Ent and production company fighting. Well,SM... Not surprised....

That's for my report.^^

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Ma OO said:

Joo Won is bad.His acting made me unable to accept sub-standard acting. So I become very picky with actors.I just can't accept bad acting.

This is definitely most of us can relate to. I do still find good actors among his peers but there aren't any famous names in there except for just one or two. The rest are either meh or annoy me. 

49 minutes ago, Ma OO said:

I personally don't like the whole idea. 50 episodes about revenge is very scary and unappealing.

Korean love this kind of dramas but I also think 50 episodes is too much. I wish they do more short dramas so that writers can keep their plot sharp and tight and actors have more opportunities to try a variety of roles. 

51 minutes ago, Ma OO said:

Then I am dying to watch him in historical drama,(moon lovers didn't happen,I am so angry)

I want him as Musa and the closest to something like that is KBS's Hwarang but the lead is Park Seo Joon so it ain't happening. I am not disappointed at him not being in Moon Lovers. The casting tells me they aren't serious about the standard of acting and Joo Won should never be in such a project. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

This is definitely most of us can relate to. I do still find good actors among his peers but there aren't any famous names in there except for just one or two. The rest are either meh or annoy me. 

Korean love this kind of dramas but I also think 50 episodes is too much. I wish they do more short dramas so that writers can keep their plot sharp and tight and actors have more opportunities to try a variety of roles. 

I want him as Musa and the closest to something like that is KBS's Hwarang but the lead is Park Seo Joon so it ain't happening. I am not disappointed at him not being in Moon Lovers. The casting tells me they aren't serious about the standard of acting and Joo Won should never be in such a project. 

I was really hopeful when Kang Ha  Neul was first cast.Then followed by a whole list of idol-actors(except Lee Jun Ki and some other) which made me question their intentions. It become a hot mess the moment they cast them and I won't want Joo Won to involve with those "actors". But I really wanted him to be in it(before all the idol-casting) because I really love the plot. Now it is set to ruin my fav C-drama. Great Job Korea,I will throw stones at you all.

• Like 2