Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

16 hours ago, mrdimples said:

Eh....was he acting differently as Tae Hyun who's passionate about love and as Tae Hee who's passionate in his own way but totally awkward. Or are you referring to Joo Won? 

He would never say the same of Kim Tae Hee what he said of Uee because the former is in a relationship. So, we'll never know. 

I was thinking more of his character, Kim TaeHyun, and how he portrayed his manner of love and devotion as compared to the character of Hwang TaeHee. Both had no time for relationships until the first lady they met, though admittedly on the side of the ladies, Kim TaeHyun was dating an older, more experienced woman as compared to Uee's character. I think some previously were comparing the types of on screen relationships Joo Won has played over the years and many vote for Hwang TaeHee's relationship with Baek JaEun as the best he's portrayed. I rather prefer the type of relationship between TaeHyun and YeoJin though. 

As for off screen relationship, you're right. As celebrities in the public eye and clearly saying certain things for publicity's sake, there would be things he would not and should not say of Kim TaeHee because she's in a very public relationship with a very public figure. And to be fair, I do not know anything about Uee nor am I interested to back trace how he was like in public or any BTSs with her for OB. But for YongPal, just see how he looks at Kim TaeHee after the church kiss scene (and in contrast her response) - it's just so cute lah. He had such adoring eyes even after the director yelled "cut"! I think he had not yet managed to break character at that point and just...sat there. Hahaha...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rionae said:

Thank you for translating @rionae

This made his awfully conservative take on women's dressing more understandable. Although I dislike revealing clothes and indecent exposure, I had thought him peculiar and conservative, even chauvinistic during those times when he commented about how women should not wear skirts that are too short or clothes that are too revealing. But since he exact the same standards on himself, then I'd say it's fair. This will also mean that he would never show skin or appear shirtless unless the script demands it. 

• Like 5

I didn't know that goodreads had a space for K-pop and Korean Drama discussion. I have used it only for books. And there was this thread on Joo Won. 

Came across this really funny comment, it took me a couple of seconds to understand what it really meant :D

" i saw him first in fashion king where he was brilliant in and then yong pal which he was brilliant in x100 and now im watching good doctor which he is daebak in. 

but i feel like he needs a drama where he is the only actor. when he acts next to others the drama feels like a drama. but when he acts by himself in a solo shot it feels real. "

• Like 10

9 hours ago, rionae said:

1656142_979019715474188_1185506965366465

I know I shouldn't quote pic but I wanted to comment on the text in the pic =.=

I hate shirts too. And for the same reason. I try not to wear them. I sew those snap buttons(not sure what they're called) in between the gaps. But maybe I should learn from for SOS emergencies LOL will need to carry tape when I wear a shirt.

And I think he hates tucking in his shirt. Notice in the BTS of Yongpal or Gaksital or any drama where he wears a shirt, he pulls his shirt out whenever he can. Oops I've been watching too much Joowon BTS footage :vicx: 

*the other photo of FAEP translation*  Joowon oppa pick me! I'm younger than your momma and I am an adult! And I always say I shouldn't fall for a mama's boy and see where that got me =.=

Thanks subbing team for the christmas turkey, beef etc and translated articles! May your dreams be filled with Cutie :heart: But in reality he's mine. Hahaha! JK (not really)

• Like 8

@rionae Thank you very much for translating Jap fanmeeting.:D  Always envious of Jap fans who can see him upclose every year.

My heart sank a little when he said musical is his favourite and he hoped to be in one again in future. Although this reply doesn't come as a surprise, I think it's a far fetched dream, more unlikely than starring in a highly rated movie, especially if he continues to stay in SIM.. But if it happens, I will definitely fly to Seoul to catch him in a musical because I'm sure JW singing and acting in a musical is more mesmerizing than watching him on my small screen.

@gilaswan Back to Yongpal mode? Heehee...

I find it really interesting to learn another person can have different "feels" watching the same videos. When I shared earlier that Yongpal is the drama which made me fall for JW, I didn't mention it's the episode at the church. Even before the kiss, those scenes in the room when he was thinking of her, knocking the wall and turning his head when she responded by knocking back, gently caressing her hand and the soft gaze before the kiss... I was very moved by how madly in love he was with YJ...But when I saw the BTS once it was released on SBS website, I went omg, what a fanboy he was in front of KTH. I guess I spoiled my own fun of enjoying the romance in Yongpal once that notion is established. But the flipside is I became more impressed with JW's acting in the subsequent romance scenes. There's no sign of JW in TH and vice versa.

I should try to find BTS of Tae Hee and Ja Eun to see how different they are on-screen and off-screen. That will probably reduce my rising shipping fever. These days, I keep thinking of their couple moments when I am out. For example, when I crossed the road, I recalled the scene where TH sang and do frog dance for JE across the road. When I saw a tent, I was reminded of them in the tent celebrating the new year with a cake and TH singing to JE. When I saw a basketball court, I remembered the backhug and JE telling TH she wants to share all secrets with him.. I think I really need another drama with good chemistry between the leads. :rolleyes:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sagaseed said:

@rionae Thank you very much for translating Jap fanmeeting.:D  Always envious of Jap fans who can see him upclose every year.

My heart sank a little when he said musical is his favourite and he hoped to be in one again in future. Although this reply doesn't come as a surprise, I think it's a far fetched dream, more unlikely than starring in a highly rated movie, especially if he continues to stay in SIM.. But if it happens, I will definitely fly to Seoul to catch him in a musical because I'm sure JW singing and acting in a musical is more mesmerizing than watching him on my small screen.

@gilaswan Back to Yongpal mode? Heehee...

I find it really interesting to learn another person can have different "feels" watching the same videos. When I shared earlier that Yongpal is the drama which made me fall for JW, I didn't mention it's the episode at the church. Even before the kiss, those scenes in the room when he was thinking of her, knocking the wall and turning his head when she responded by knocking back, gently caressing her hand and the soft gaze before the kiss... I was very moved by how madly in love he was with YJ...But when I saw the BTS once it was released on SBS website, I went omg, what a fanboy he was in front of KTH. I guess I spoiled my own fun of enjoying the romance in Yongpal once that notion is established. But the flipside is I became more impressed with JW's acting in the subsequent romance scenes. There's no sign of JW in TH and vice versa.

I should try to find BTS of Tae Hee and Ja Eun to see how different they are on-screen and off-screen. That will probably reduce my rising shipping fever. These days, I keep thinking of their couple moments when I am out. For example, when I crossed the road, I recalled the scene where TH sang and do frog dance for JE across the road. When I saw a tent, I was reminded of them in the tent celebrating the new year with a cake and TH singing to JE. When I saw a basketball court, I remembered the backhug and JE telling TH she wants to share all secrets with him.. I think I really need another drama with good chemistry between the leads. :rolleyes:

dear dear @sagaseed, your post made me sigh and laugh at the same time. 

Yup, selfish me doesn't want him to do any musical, at least not right now. I watched him in Seoul when they were playing GHOST but he seemed near, yet so far. Could be due to the fact that the GHOST stage lighting and such made it seem not so real. I don't know if I will fly again to Seoul to watch him. Did you catch him in SG? My memory is failing me. It's different seeing him in GHOST and when I saw him a few feet in front of me at Suntec. You must definitely catch the next opportunity to see him at a FM. Hopefully he will do one again in this region. 

And you fell for JW in that Yong Pal episode? He's all kind of awesomeness in not just that scene but other dramas like OB. As @gilaswan said, the romance in OB was more juvenile but I love it very much. Watching BTS of Joo Won and Uee won't reduce your fever but since time has passed, we know nothing came out of it. Only that Joo Won admitted(somewhat) to being interested in Uee. When OB was airing, I have not joined soompi yet, I was camping at Softy's blog. If I didn't remember wrongly, Softy wondered if Joo Won was really in love or so darn good at acting in love. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, mrdimples said:

Yup, selfish me doesn't want him to do any musical, at least not right now. I watched him in Seoul when they were playing GHOST but he seemed near, yet so far. Could be due to the fact that the GHOST stage lighting and such made it seem not so real. I don't know if I will fly again to Seoul to watch him. Did you catch him in SG? My memory is failing me. It's different seeing him in GHOST and when I saw him a few feet in front of me at Suntec. You must definitely catch the next opportunity to see him at a FM. Hopefully he will do one again in this region. 

And you fell for JW in that Yong Pal episode? He's all kind of awesomeness in not just that scene but other dramas like OB. As @gilaswan said, the romance in OB was more juvenile but I love it very much. Watching BTS of Joo Won and Uee won't reduce your fever but since time has passed, we know nothing came out of it. Only that Joo Won admitted(somewhat) to being interested in Uee. When OB was airing, I have not joined soompi yet, I was camping at Softy's blog. If I didn't remember wrongly, Softy wondered if Joo Won was really in love or so darn good at acting in love. 

I'm a late audience for OB (only real fan of JW after Yongpal) and despite the fact no real ship came out of OB I am still a crazy shipper...the scenes between TH & JE got me hooked really. One of the best pairings I've watched in my limited k-drama collection. Similar to @sagaseed , the pairing does linger a lot more after finishing OB. I can go back to watch OB anytime because of these 2. I really wonder if they'll ever act together again? 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, mrdimples said:

@mrdimples No, I didn't catch him in Singapore when he was here. The same night he landed on our Changi Airport,  I was on another flight departing from Singapore. So I had missed what could be my only chance to see him in our country. 

Thanks for sharing your experience watching Ghost. I thought it's easier to catch him in musical as it stretches across a period. But I know it's impossible for him to be musical now.. Sigh, he can only consider one at least 3 years later..  Fanmeet is more likely to happen before he is enlisted. Although I will try my best to catch him in his next fanmeeting,  it may be hard due to work and family commitments. 

There are too many veterans in Chungmuro so I think it's hard for him to get a good movie script. As for dramas, seems like the big 3 broadcasting stations have already lined up dramas till next summer and more dramas are being preproduced so I'm afraid he may not be casted in one after Love Express and before his enlistment. Moreover there are many badly written Korean dramas these days. I can't imagine him wasting his talent and time on them. Sorry I sound so pessimistic. Although everyone is singing praises of the currently airing SBS drama Remember, I think the story is predictable so it fails to move me. In fact I didn't shed a single tear when Yoo Seung Ho cried buckets because I keep wondering why the writer made him cry so much. After Yongpal, I watched TC and OB so an overdose of JW might be the reason why I'm not enjoying other dramas. 

Oh yeah I read Softy's recap after every OB episode to catch up with the parts I skipped while watching. Unfortunately many bts or interviews links shared are no longer available. I believe it's highly likely he was referring to UEE in Win Win. Hope they are still friends who will chat comfortably if they meet (maybe on SBS awards night? Hahaha). To be honest, while watching his latest Vapp chat, I shook my head and sighed when he said he will be working on Xmas as usual. This poor boy cannot enjoy the beautiful holiday with so much work piling on him. Although he loves his work very very much, I find him pitiful and feel that he really needs a special someone to lead a more balanced lifestyle. I'm sure I will be happy for him even if I dislike the girl because I just want him to date and love someone like how a young man of his age would.. hahaha.. I think I have really become a crazy fan. :sweatingbullets:

Off topic: Speaking of Softy, she seems to be a big JW fan so I wonder if she watched Yongpal? I'm very curious to know if she will love it or view it like the recappers in dramabeans. I often visited her blog in the past so it's a pity she doesn't blog anymore because she is such a sincere blogger who interprets the drama characters with her heart.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, sagaseed said:

There are too many veterans in Chungmuro so I think it's hard for him to get a good movie script. As for dramas, seems like the big 3 broadcasting stations have already lined up dramas till next summer and more dramas are being preproduced so I'm afraid he may not be casted in one after Love Express and before his enlistment. Moreover there are many badly written Korean dramas these days. I can't imagine him wasting his talent and time on them. Sorry I sound so pessimistic. Although everyone is singing praises of the currently airing SBS drama Remember, I think the story is predictable so it fails to move me. In fact I didn't shed a single tear when Yoo Seung Ho cried buckets because I keep wondering why the writer made him cry so much. After Yongpal, I watched TC and OB so an overdose of JW might be the reason why I'm not enjoying other dramas. 

Oh yeah I read Softy's recap after every OB episode to catch up with the parts I skipped while watching. Unfortunately many bts or interviews links shared are no longer available. I believe it's highly likely he was referring to UEE in Win Win. Hope they are still friends who will chat comfortably if they meet (maybe on SBS awards night? Hahaha). To be honest, while watching his latest Vapp chat, I shook my head and sighed when he said he will be working on Xmas as usual. This poor boy cannot enjoy the beautiful holiday with so much work piling on him. Although he loves his work very very much, I find him pitiful and feel that he really needs a special someone to lead a more balanced lifestyle. I'm sure I will be happy for him even if I dislike the girl because I just want him to date and love someone like how a young man of his age would.. hahaha.. I think I have really become a crazy fan. :sweatingbullets:

Off topic: Speaking of Softy, she seems to be a big JW fan so I wonder if she watched Yongpal? I'm very curious to know if she will love it or view it like the recappers in dramabeans. I often visited her blog in the past so it's a pity she doesn't blog anymore because she is such a sincere blogger who interprets the drama characters with her heart.

To me the problem is that there are those few veterans in Chungmuro which the movies use over and over again. Reminds me of the way Hong Kong Movies have gone. At the time, I wrote them off, I was so tired of seeing Anthony Wong, Tony Leung, Eric Tsang and the likes. It didn't even matter to me that most were good actors. The stories were rehashed, style over substance and the actors' skills went downhill with each one, at least it seemed so to me. 

As for dramas, none of the hyped lined up dramas sound a least bit interesting to me. Hopefully, there will be some gems amidst the rubble, something that was under the radar, pretty much like Yong Pal. I am watching Remember and felt like a meanie because every time Jin Woo cries, I shouted " Shut up already!" Fearing my loss of compassion, I went to watch some OB to revitalize my tear ducts. Thank goodness, my tear ducts weren't shriveled and dead. In fact, I cried so much during my OB rewatch. 

If he's working so hard even during Christmas, I guess it could be that there's no one to share the occasion with him. I was actually kind of relieved when he said during Healing Camp that he doesn't put work above love. It would take major juggling though if he continues to be busy. You are not alone in wanting him to date and have someone to love. My guess is most Joo Won fans think the same or do we?

I don't know what happened to Softy. Save for OB, her taste in dramas aren't really the same as mine. I cannot stomach shows like Faith, Heirs and find YFAS overrated, all of which are loved by Softy. However, her recaps and generosity given to fans on her blog during OB time were awesome. I too hope she will return one day. 

• Like 4

Ooooohhhh......I can't escape Joo Won or kdrama, can I? Not even on the dusty planet of Jakku, 

Spoiler

The script was inane but John Boyega was funny. It wasn't much later that I realized the movie was trying to make something out of Finn and Rey's friendship. Yes, there were a lot of lasers and explosions but chemistry? Zilch. 

Then, the kdrama Force manipulated my mind and I started to imagine Joo Won as Finn. I almost choked on my popcorn when the image of Joo Won in that stormtrooper suit popped in my mind. Gaaawwdd....he looked so handsome, so hard and defined! I swoon more when Joo Won started to swing his lightsaber. Yeah, I was watching another movie, in a parallel universe, I am such a goner. 

By then, I wasn't sure what I was watching anymore. Not helped by the fact that the villains in the movie looked a lot like characters from Harry Potter. 

Finally, when Han Solo used his right hand to pull Princess Leia(eh...General Leia) towards his chest in a hug, I was like "Hey! That's totally a Kdrama move!" I have been watching Hollywood movies longer than I have watched kdramas, please tell me I am overreacting. I tried to search my memory but I don't remember Hollywood men hugging their women in this way. I always giggle when I see kdrama men doing it because it seemed so weird. Usually, you pull a person into a hug with both hands or you are holding one hand and just pull the person(hands lowered) towards you before hugging them with both arms. I cannot rewind a current movie so maybe I was seeing things. 

edit- oh I forgot this conversation I had with my cinema companions, C1 who never watched any Star Wars movie and another who forgotten everything he had ever watched:

in (hopefully inaudible) whispers....

C2 : Wah....who's the grandfather?

Me: Darth Vader lah...can't you see? 

C1: Because he's Han Solo's son

C2: Why? Isn't Han Solo father of Luke Skywalker? 

Me: *SMH* Noooooo.....tell you later.

C1: Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!

C2: How come? 

Me: Birth secrets....

C2: What's that?

Me: Nevamind

C2: But is Han Solo Darth Vader's son? 

Me: Gaaawd....okay okay, he married Princess Leia who's twin sister of Luke Skywalker so Darth Vader is father of Leia and grandfather of this bad guy!

C2: Didn't Leia marry Luke? 

Now, lemme photoshop a pic of Joo Won with a lightsaber. 

May the Hworce be with you! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, callmegiggles said:

Let's inject some excitement to this thread.

1 Day and 14 hours until the SBS Drama Awards!

(And closer for me to go back to work. *cries*)

Do you think he can win both the rookie award and the Daesang on the same night? ROFL I've been thinking of that recently.

Now that I think of it, my New Year's Eve for the past few years have been marked by various drama awards. It started quite well but now it has become a mixed bag. How should I describe it? I guess the best thing is that I get to see Joo Won! He's never been in a middle of drama filming during this time so I was always thankful to have him on screen. My favorite one was when he walked so magnificently down the 'catwalk' strip towards the stage when he received his award for Good Doctor. Yes, that was my favorite award show because he made memorable speeches and won the PD award among others. The preceding year was filled with high hopes, I mean we are talking about Gaksitaaaaaaaaaaaal! Alas, it made me livid. 

I have tried to be nonchalant, mature, gracious, accepting but non worked. Mostly, I adopt a "it's just a show" kind of stance before I melt down into excitement over Joo Won in dapper suit, nervous checking, head smacking and lots of expletives.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mrdimples said:

Now that I think of it, my New Year's Eve for the past few years have been marked by various drama awards. It started quite well but now it has become a mixed bag. How should I describe it? I guess the best thing is that I get to see Joo Won! He's never been in a middle of drama filming during this time so I was always thankful to have him on screen. My favorite one was when he walked so magnificently down the 'catwalk' strip towards the stage when he received his award for Good Doctor. Yes, that was my favorite award show because he made memorable speeches and won the PD award among others. The preceding year was filled with high hopes, I mean we are talking about Gaksitaaaaaaaaaaaal! Alas, it made me livid. 

I have tried to be nonchalant, mature, gracious, accepting but non worked. Mostly, I adopt a "it's just a show" kind of stance before I melt down into excitement over Joo Won in dapper suit, nervous checking, head smacking and lots of expletives.  

Oh My!2012 KBS Drama Awards.The one that made me cry due to anger!!! I bet everyone know how much...how much I love Lee Kang To.That's drama is up there.And Lee Kang To is my fav character of ALL DRAMAS. I was expecting him to get Daesang...well,top excellence was okay too.Because it is Lee Kang To! When He got Excellence award only,I was so angry.And maybe I was PMS~ing also that time,I really cried on my new year night. Lee Kang To was really so real to me that I felt that he is real person.When JW didnt get proper award,it was like LKT hardwork are being thrown away and not recognised.

• Like 5

@Ma OO I can't remember my exact reaction but yes, anger was definitely one. I was still naive at that time to think that Gaksital would sweep the awards. I never really believed in awards in the first place but that KBS one was really the straw that broke the camel's back. I better stop writing more because it's gonna be ugly..,

I should do some nonsensical stuff like this~

LS%20JW%201.1_zpspk1gc0wu.jpg

and keep my sanity

• Like 7