Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@Ma OO and @mrdimples I tried posting the link in my posts above. It didnt work either. I can only post pictures.

@ecs707a I didnt get email notifications too, for PM. But since I refreshed soompi pages every hour or so, I managed to see the PMs. Otherwise, no notification.

Oh ya. I didn't get the email for PM too. I too have to check from the pages.

Edited by Ma OO

Soompi's been wonky all day. I've "lost" posts too. Like they show up on my mobile interface, but when I come to the web interface, it's not there. <shrug>

Finally finished watching Tomorrow Cantabile. It's cute. But I seriously don't get their relationship. It's indeed very comic and if the producer and director were intending for the manga origins to surface in the filming, then I will say they succeeded. Many things are believable in it only if you view it through a manga lens, like their very very very strange relationship. Right till the end, I couldn't even figure out if you would even think they were in a romantic relationship at all. :P

• Like 3

Actually,I surprisingly like NC,more than Yong Pal. I love the cute romance,it is so spot on for youngsters. Well,they will become more serious and care for each other more as they grow older. But for early early 20s,it is so spot on.And CYJ is every young girl's dream bf. The story about friendship is also so sweet. Their university seems so much fun! No studying? :P

For Yong Pal,I still can't finish... TT

• Like 9

I dknt think the 'recent' here literally means recent. They were talking about his weight gain during That Guy time.

Joo Won reveals why he gained weight recently

joo-won_1445265171_af_org.jpg

temp-avatar.jpg by alim17

Talented actor Joo Won appeared onSBS radio program 'Cultwo Show' on October 19 to promote his upcoming movie, 'That Guy.'

He revealed that he gained 8 kg (~ 18 lbs) in order to film the movie, stating, "I first lost weight for the character, but I personally somewhat felt like I was getting further away from the character.  I thought that I actually would need to gain weight, so I exercised and also ate more.

"Of course everyone has his or her own opinion, but I'm the type who feels that I need to create the image before the first filming in order to have trust in it.  Whether it's the clothes, the hair, or the skin color, I need to create the state in order to become that role, so I had even gone tanning often.  He's a young man of the sea, so I felt that he had to be darkly tanned and plump."

His dedication to his character is no joke!  You can check for yourself his next transformation with the premiere of 'That Guy' on the 28th.

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/10/joo-won-reveals-why-he-gained-weight-recently

• Like 9

Actually,I surprisingly like NC,more than Yong Pal. I love the cute romance,it is so spot on for youngsters. Well,they will become more serious and care for each other more as they grow older. But for early early 20s,it is so spot on.And CYJ is every young girl's dream bf. The story about friendship is also so sweet. Their university seems so much fun! No studying? :P

Is CYJ every girl's dream bf? Hahaha... he's so mean! She must have really, really liked him to follow him around like a puppy! But she's also a bit off kilter, which is probably why it worked. Hahaha... Contrary to your observation of their uni life, I didn't think it was fun though. I used to work in an arts institution (I'm not an arts faculty though) and so I have an idea of what an arts education is like. The orchestral politics looked very stressful to me actually, and I really felt for some of the challenges they felt as music majors. Not fun at all, but they rose to it. 

• Like 7

Is CYJ every girl's dream bf? Hahaha... he's so mean! She must have really, really liked him to follow him around like a puppy! But she's also a bit off kilter, which is probably why it worked. Hahaha... Contrary to your observation of their uni life, I didn't think it was fun though. I used to work in an arts institution (I'm not an arts faculty though) and so I have an idea of what an arts education is like. The orchestral politics looked very stressful to me actually, and I really felt for some of the challenges they felt as music majors. Not fun at all, but they rose to it. 

Girls(based on my experience) love cold-outside-warm-inside? type of boys. Plus,handsome face. LOL

I am purely science faulty,worse of all,social science. All I do is read and read.Also argue at group meetings once in while.

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 4

YooJin as my ideal bf... hmmm.  I don't think so.  That face though :wub:  Nowadays, I think I like the warm inside/warm outside type best.  I couldn't imagine having the inner fortitude to wait for a guy to decide he liked me too.  That said, I think one of the reasons why I like Cantabile (besides Joo Won and the music) was because it reminded me of my high school days.  Getting into mishaps with my friends, having fights and making up, trying to get the cute guy I liked to notice me.  My nostalgia was ramped up to a million while watching Cantabile.  :D 

• Like 10

Edit:

What happened here?  My post is gone.  The things I quoted?  Still there, but all messed up.  What I said - gone entirely.  So let's try this again.

About the Moon that Embraces the Sun/OB/Gaksital conflict thingy:

It actually was for Ojakgyo, ostensibly.  Technically it was because OB got extended, so he couldn't do both at the same time.  But it means that it freed up his schedule to do Gaksital, so really it's both.  And it's possible that he already had the Gaksital offer, but it hadn't been announced yet.  But officially, it was because of his OB schedule going on for longer than originally planned.  Or that's how I understood/remember it. I might be totally wrong though.

And the offer was real, but I don't know that he ever accepted it officially: here's the article from DB about it. 

Edited by ecs707a
stupid soompi ate my post
  • Like 6

Anyone who pays attention to his demeanor and hears/reads the comments from those who have worked with him will know that he is still very much one who respects others. I think his agency is doing right by simply ignoring at this point and letting the facts speak for themselves.

I agree. Sometimes silence is the more powerful than noises. Denial and over defense may be deemed as cover-ups. Why waste time and resources over such meaningless things when they can use it in "building" things and on people that matters more to JW? It is best to focus more on promoting his new movie than to be bother with those trivials.

Edited by ctfrsgp
  • Like 4

I'm not sure I am following this - who slimed our Joo Won? What did they say?

YooJin as my ideal bf... hmmm.  I don't think so.  That face though :wub:  Nowadays, I think I like the warm inside/warm outside type best.  I couldn't imagine having the inner fortitude to wait for a guy to decide he liked me too.  That said, I think one of the reasons why I like Cantabile (besides Joo Won and the music) was because it reminded me of my high school days.  Getting into mishaps with my friends, having fights and making up, trying to get the cute guy I liked to notice me.  My nostalgia was ramped up to a million while watching Cantabile.  :D 

He would be my ideal bf only because of that face. Hahaha... otherwise in real life, I would have thrown him into the trash already. The relationship was only believable in a manga-esque way. C'mon, live NEXT to each other, know each other's door code, leave things in each other's home, make plans to study together in Europe and STILL CAN'T KISS?!? Alamak.

• Like 8

Girls(based on my experience) love cold-outside-warm-inside? type of boys. Plus,handsome face. LOL

I'm not sure I am following this - who slimed our Joo Won? What did they say?

He would be my ideal bf only because of that face. Hahaha... otherwise in real life, I would have thrown him into the trash already. The relationship was only believable in a manga-esque way. C'mon, live NEXT to each other, know each other's door code, leave things in each other's home, make plans to study together in Europe and STILL CAN'T KISS?!? Alamak.

No sliming of our JooWon occurred from me gilaswan!!  :sweatingbullets:... I was talking mainly about stereotypical men who are cold on the outside/warm on the inside like YooJin in Cantabile.

Edited by yonaomi123
for clarity

@ecs707a I watched the video and it is all about Joowon. His past projects and interviews in TvN. And there are some random people whom I think are broadcasting staffs or production staffs.

Top 3 Actors to look out for in the next 10 years

1. Yoo Ah In

2. Kim Soo Hyun

3. Joowon  :wub:

12122632_1033128240053431_26977569542919

source: http://mtvdaily.asiae.co.kr/article.php?aid=14452924271000535002

cr to JWTHFC and Bua2be

• Like 8

<earlier posts deleted to shorten post length>

<earlier posts deleted to shorten post length>

No sliming of our JooWon occurred from me gilaswan!!  :sweatingbullets:... I was talking mainly about stereotypical men who are cold on the outside/warm on the inside like YooJin in Cantabile.

Oh, no no no... I'm not saying you did. Of course not! We were just talking about the TC character.

I'm asking about some other posts that mentioned some negative press against Joo Won in recent days now that he's promoting That Guy. I'm just asking what's happening with him and hoping all is fine. I find Korean media very scary actually. Scary not because the media is scary but the reactions to media in Korea seem very extreme. I don't know what it is about how Koreans respond to rumours and social statements, but it seems like (honestly) a very tiring community to live in cos "face" is everything. It's like you need to be so careful with everything you say and do otherwise social media can snuff you out over night! And perhaps that's the state of the hyper connected world today. Everything and anything can be taken against you - your FB account, twitter account, IG, whatever! 

• Like 1