Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Responding a zillion hours later to @gilaswan.. Cantabile is sweet, but I find the romance less compelling than I thought I would, which is surprising given JooWon's ability to "fall in love" with all his leading ladies.  I've watched (and rewatched several times) the J-version and found the romance a lot more believable there. 

I looked up the movie "Notebook" which Joo Won mentioned. He is a hopeless romantic methinks. I would indeed like to see a korean remake of this film with him as the lead character, Noah. Wonder which actress could be Allie though. Kim Tae-Hee comes to mind. The character description just sounds so similar to YeoJin. And I think it's just the kind of show the Korean public will like - a dramatic love story. Do it, Joo Won! Find some director and production house that would take this project on!!!

• Like 7

Responding a zillion hours later to @gilaswan.. Cantabile is sweet, but I find the romance less compelling than I thought I would, which is surprising given JooWon's ability to "fall in love" with all his leading ladies.  I've watched (and rewatched several times) the J-version and found the romance a lot more believable there. 

More believable because it's more "Japanese-like"? Or cos of the leads?

Cr as tagged

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man.

Cr as tagged.

Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 19

More believable because it's more "Japanese-like"? Or cos of the leads?

Hmm... I think it was because of the leads and the way that the writer really focused the story on the two characters growing to love each other for who they were.  Not that the K-version doesn't do that, but I feel that the J-version did it better.  (This is all so subjective though lol.  You may feel quite differently!)

• Like 3

Heh I loved the Cantabile otp. Of course, I haven't watched the Japanese one. I found them cute and at the same time mature in a way (?).  I wanted to post my favorite bts still of Joowon and Shim Eun Kyung but I can't find it! I swear everytime I look for something I can't find it and then when I'm just browsing I come across it. Aghh. Anyways it's the one where Joowon is staring down at her. It's so cute. 

Cr as tagged

Cr as tagged.

Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

So considerate.  :tears:  The littlest gestures are the ones I value more. 

• Like 5

Heh I loved the Cantabile otp. Of course, I haven't watched the Japanese one. I found them cute and at the same time mature in a way (?).  I wanted to post my favorite bts still of Joowon and Shim Eun Kyung but I can't find it! I swear everytime I look for something I can't find it and then when I'm just browsing I come across it. Aghh. Anyways it's the one where Joowon is staring down at her. It's so cute. 

Cr as tagged

Cr as tagged.

:D  Shim Eun Kyung is teeny tiny so there are probably many shots of him staring down at her.  Was it a BTS or a still from one of the eps?

Cr as tagged

Cr as tagged.

:D  Shim Eun Kyung is teeny tiny so there are probably many shots of him staring down at her.  Was it a BTS or a still from one of the eps?

Lol true true. I'm pretty sure it was a bts still because it wasn't a scene in the drama as far as I remember. They're outside. Joowon was feeding her something based off another one of the pictures. The one I'm looking for is from that same spot, just a different moment. 

I'm determined to find it now! 

• Like 1

Could it be this one?

0xhRQsP.jpg

And the reverse, just for fun...

gidxFEU.jpg

What were they eating?  I have no idea what that is. :)

Oh, I have gone on at length about TC, even recently (like a week or two ago) so I know no one wants to hear me talk about it more, but I did love it.  I've only seen the actual drama part of the j-drama, not the specials, not the movies.  So apples to apples, yeah?  I think the way the romance was built up was similar between the two series.  But having said that, I wasn't terribly invested in either couple.  I was much more into the growth aspect and the music and the friendship.  I liked both dramas very much.

Two of my favorite stills (and yes, there were a gazillion):

N3ZQ9VO.jpgtZpE4k3.jpg

• Like 11

BTS of Naeil Cantabile from the Japanese DVD set~ cr to Bua2be for uploading some screencaps. I gotta get the set too~

Joowon accidentally hits Shim Eunkyung's cheek during filming. Not surprising given how her character's always getting too close to him and he's always pushing her around. He felt so sorry that he kept hugging her and rubbing the place where he accidentally hits her.

Imagine myself as the glass/plastic screen~

Cr to Moonzunwon via twitter

Edit:

@ecs707a They're eating ALMONDS. It's one of their sponsors, remember? :D

Edited by farbarri
  • Like 9

I think I did some gifs for TC which I never post. I was supposed to do a gif recap of the series and then I abandoned it....bad.....

I am trying to recover my old PC where I got a gazzilion pics and stuff. I should have been more diligent in uploading to cloud. Once I managed to get them up on my new pc, I will post TC stuff here. 

Has anyone post link of Guerilla date yet? 

http://tvpot.daum.net/v/veeffOrY0ZT5Z2Trmuggmkg

• Like 6

Do you guys have videos for BTS of TC? I want! :D

Here are three of them, and I don't know which three because KBS doesn't make their videos available in the US.  Ha.  There is a fourth one, I believe, but I can't find it.  Nor do I know which one exactly I'm looking for, lol.

credit: KBSdrama

@ecs707a They're eating ALMONDS. It's one of their sponsors, remember? :D

I have never seen almonds packaged in a bottle that looks like a medicine bottle.  Or a vitamin bottle.  But yes, if they were obviously eating anything, it was probably either Subway or almonds. :D

I think I did some gifs for TC which I never post. I was supposed to do a gif recap of the series and then I abandoned it....bad.....

Yes, yes you were.  You told me my review was "Part 1".  Did I naively believe you?  Yes, yes I did.  :)

Do your part 2!  Late is better than never.

Or maybe the still was this one, @bjvipb2uty?

S8Snibd.jpg

I had forgotten about that set of stills.  They really are obscenely, disgustingly cute. :)

• Like 8

Oh I just read a very critical IG account of Joo Won in Singapore. 

For one thing, I think Onetvasia did a poor job of explaining to fans that Joo Won would only appear after MC rounded up the participants. 

I was looking at my watch all the time so I remember fairly well. Half an hour before the event, I was wondering why there was no MC on stage to work up the crowd. I mean if Joo Won were to appear at 7.15pm, the MC cannot be walking in the same time as him, right? Anyway, MC only appeared at 7.15 sharp. 

My heels were killing me. I wore it for a purpose. I stand at 1.68cm but I needed more height to see above all the heads. Boy, was I right. But I paid the price. Because of my prior engagement, I couldn't wear platforms, so I wore 3 inch heels instead. 2 hours later, my feet hurt like crazy. So, I chat with @coolreborn on kakao. That's when I found out that Indonesia fanmeet started 1 hour later! Any indon fans, please correct me if I am wrong. 1 hour was for MC to prep the crowd and play games and choose participants. So if Singapore were to follow the same format, we would start at 8.15pm! I was berating coolreborn for not telling me earlier. The girls standing around me got more and more restless. Everyone expected him to turn up at 7.15. 

At about 8pm, Joo Won appeared. I think that's where I floated on my heels and forgot all the pain. 

Back to the critical fan account. I checked her IG. It's full of Ji Chang Wook's pictures. From the lack of Joo Won's pics and only pics of the event, she's either very new fan or not a fan(beats me). Coz I found only one comment on JW in her IG post - "So chubby" referring to his face in PC. Assuming she's narrating from first hand account and not making up some story, She followed him from PC to shopping at a dept store and to the FM. She blamed Joo Won for shopping and pin point that as the reason why he's late for the event. Then she said he's not friendly, did not smile, rejected requests for autographs and did not want to look at fans while he went into the lift and faced inside of lift instead of facing out. 

I don't think he was late because he went shopping. 

I think he should be allowed to shop. 

I also see how she could have perceived his behavior.

When he's not smiling, he can look serious, intense, cold, aloof, and even arrogant. Actually in the opening of Healing Camp as he walked in, someone in the audience said he looked fierce/angry. I cannot remember the exact words. Joo Won said that he has been mistaken as arrogant because of his eyes. When he's serious, he does not look approachable. But he thanked his parents for giving him his eyes because it's a great asset to his acting. 

Joo Won is not a "Fan Service" actor. My friend who loves JCW and used to fangirl JW told me JCW gives lots of fan service whereas JW does not. By that, I mean letting fans take photos at will, signing autographs, shaking hands etc. From what I hear, JW does everything by the book. No photos, not autographs, no handshakes unless permitted by the manager. Occasionally, he will override the manager. 

The question is how do we know what's the real deal? The actor who smiles for everyone and is ever obliging? Or the one who does not smile all the time? I have no answer, do you? 

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 15