Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Ahw he's always giving hugs. I want one too. Someone may have to pull me away though. :D

In all seriousness though I have to say Joowon is really endearing. I have another bias that I've followed for years, but if I had to choose I'd say Joowon is someone I'd feel more comfortable with. The way he expresses himself and the things he says fall so close to my own ideas. The Win Win episode was especially an epiphany for me. I kept thinking "wow this guy is really sincere." It's just an aura I get from him that I can't get from other actors or even my other bias. Plus, like @mrdimples mentioned, he has a more masculine build. Hehehe. Flower boys are cute (ok yeah sometimes a bit too flowery for my liking) but I don't find them in anyway as attractive as guys like Joowon. :wub: I too want my own Joowon. Pleaseee~

• Like 13

When I was in DC earlier, looking for photos of Joo Won at SungShin University, in one particular post, the person wrote a lengthy comment. Curious, I google translate, expecting some account but it wasn't. From what I can make out, it seems like DC fans are taking action against antis or rather they are imploring Sim to do something. 

Joo Won is sought after in Korea now after the success of Yong Pal and his awesome performance in the drama. As I have mentioned, KBS did a program on him and SBS is 'in love' with him. Antis have been trying to attack him as Yong Pal's ratings soared. They couldn't attack him for his acting so they accused him of being disrespectful and that he and Kim Tae Hee didn't get along. I believe that might be the reason why on Healing Camp, he had to explain himself regarding use of banmal and that he is not an impertinent person. However, the antis have found a new area to attack - his comments in Healing Camp. 

DC fans want Sim to do more to protect Joo Won. In all honesty, I know little of what an agency can or cannot do. Apparently, I was told by a few people that some agencies are so powerful that they can block antis and do all kinds of damage control. Of course, they go to great lengths to create positive things, media exposure etc. 

When I was watching Healing Camp, Joo Won mentioned that he had always bore everything quietly, thinking that it would turn out alright in the end. But it got to the point where he wonders if he was being taken advantage of just because he kept silent and never protested. Do you know that the first thing that came to my mind wasn't Yong Pal production? 

• Like 7

When I was in DC earlier, looking for photos of Joo Won at SungShin University, in one particular post, the person wrote a lengthy comment. Curious, I google translate, expecting some account but it wasn't. From what I can make out, it seems like DC fans are taking action against antis or rather they are imploring Sim to do something. 

Joo Won is sought after in Korea now after the success of Yong Pal and his awesome performance in the drama. As I have mentioned, KBS did a program on him and SBS is 'in love' with him. Antis have been trying to attack him as Yong Pal's ratings soared. They couldn't attack him for his acting so they accused him of being disrespectful and that he and Kim Tae Hee didn't get along. I believe that might be the reason why on Healing Camp, he had to explain himself regarding use of banmal and that he is not an impertinent person. However, the antis have found a new area to attack - his comments in Healing Camp. 

DC fans want Sim to do more to protect Joo Won. In all honesty, I know little of what an agency can or cannot do. Apparently, I was told by a few people that some agencies are so powerful that they can block antis and do all kinds of damage control. Of course, they go to great lengths to create positive things, media exposure etc. 

When I was watching Healing Camp, Joo Won mentioned that he had always bore everything quietly, thinking that it would turn out alright in the end. But it got to the point where he wonders if he was being taken advantage of just because he kept silent and never protested. Do you know that the first thing that came to my mind wasn't Yong Pal production? 

Antis... They cant attack his acting, so they attack his personality instead. How could they say Joowon-Taehee relationship is bad? We see the BTS (of course they know there are cameras around), but we caught long glimpses of their close friendship. I am with the DC fans on this. SIM has got to do something to protect Joowon against the antis. I dont know to what extent the antis have gone to now, but if not controlled, things might get too much out of control. So far, all SIM casts have good reputation. So I dont know how they're going to handle this, if at all, since this is their first time.

You know this isnt the first time Joowon has mentioned about him having to bear with everything and that he felt like he was being taken advantage of, right? I read about this somewhere before. He said he's learning to show his feelings more and not keep everything inside. Seems like things are still the same, if he's repeating the same thing now and back then.

• Like 5

More pictures from Guerilla Date fancam~

CRXWq6cUAAEmbHu.jpg

CRXWrHhUcAEgefL.jpg

CRXWrPiUcAE4eXi.jpg

CRXWsAYUYAAI93l.jpg

CRXXMr6VAAACLBl.jpg

cr to ppeh8785 via twitter

Joowon does the 3 'act' with fans he did in Singapore and Indonesia. Hug, eye-contact for 5 seconds (apparently, he held hands tightly with the fan too), and a selfie. Aww, the hand-holding is very sweet! Interlocked fingers~

• Like 10

Antis... They cant attack his acting, so they attack his personality instead. How could they say Joowon-Taehee relationship is bad? We see the BTS (of course they know there are cameras around), but we caught long glimpses of their close friendship. I am with the DC fans on this. SIM has got to do something to protect Joowon against the antis. I dont know to what extent the antis have gone to now, but if not controlled, things might get too much out of control. So far, all SIM casts have good reputation. So I dont know how they're going to handle this, if at all, since this is their first time.

You know this isnt the first time Joowon has mentioned about him having to bear with everything and that he felt like he was being taken advantage of, right? I read about this somewhere before. He said he's learning to show his feelings more and not keep everything inside. Seems like things are still the same, if he's repeating the same thing now and back then.

I think not long ago, someone mentioned that Sim has a number of well-known respected actors in their stable. I don't deny that but I think I am not wrong to say Joo Won is their first famous star below age 30. I am not sure about Uhm Tae Woong's filmography and if he's achieved more than Joo Won. By the way, Uhm siblings have left Sim and joined KeyEast, the agency founded by Bae Yong Joon and the most famous star there is Kim Soo Hyun. 

Managing a young rising star like Joo Won would be different from managing someone like Kim Yoon Seok, a movie veteran, I can't say for sure if Sim knows what they are supposed to do. 

• Like 5

@gilaswan

Yes, Joo Won is literally being milked. 

I don't have anything nice to say about Sim. I am only thankful that they let him do his musical last year. However, I also had doubts about that one, I wondered if Sim had made a bargain and got him to do some projects of their pick in exchange. It has been widely rumored since 7th Level Civil Servant that Sim made Joo Won head projects which they have invested in. I am not sure how it works. But seems like they buy rights to say a webtoon like Fashion King, get some second rate writer and PD, make Joo Won headline the project and tag a few Sim rookies. Projects named were Fashion King(the movie), Catch Me(movie), Tomorrow Cantabile. The Chinese movie which has been completed and not screened, remains a mystery. At that time, DC even said that Joo Won would appear in 2 Chinese movies. The 2nd which thankfully never happened was called Plastic Sisters. 

I hope That Man will do well. To me, it's like some independent production house movie. I don't know who's the writer or PD. They should be thankful that they can ride on Joo Won's success in Yong Pal. 

• Like 9

But for Joo Won to change agencies, someone else out there must also want to take him on, and I can imagine politics in the industry... Poor boy... 

Everything comes down to the contract that they can offer Joowon. If I'm not mistaken, his contract with SIM is expiring soon. Joowon has a lot of friends in SIM. All his IG posts with friends are those from SIM, so he may not want to leave them, though of course they can keep in touch even after he changed companies.

To be honest, I dont see him changing companies. He seems to me to be the loyal type. But with this repetitive talk about being taken advantage of, if he was talking about SIM, I really hope he will be able to choose what's best for himself for next year and after army.

• Like 7

@gilaswan

I don't have anything nice to say about Sim. I am only thankful that they let him do his musical last year. However, I also had doubts about that one, I wondered if Sim had made a bargain and got him to do some projects of their pick in exchange. It has been widely rumored since 7th Level Civil Servant that Sim made Joo Won head projects which they have invested in. I am not sure how it works. But seems like they buy rights to say a webtoon like Fashion King, get some second rate writer and PD, make Joo Won headline the project and tag a few Sim rookies. Projects named were Fashion King(the movie), Catch Me(movie), Tomorrow Cantabile. The Chinese movie which has been completed and not screened, remains a mystery. At that time, DC even said that Joo Won would appear in 2 Chinese movies. The 2nd which thankfully never happened was called Plastic Sisters. 

I hope That Man will do well. To me, it's like some independent production house movie. I don't know who's the writer or PD. They should be thankful that they can ride on Joo Won's success in Yong Pal. 

Joowon is definitely SIM's first star below 30s who are internationally popular and is receiving lots of love in Korea itself. Other SIM actors are also well known, but they are in their own league because they are above 30s and 40s and dont have a huge fan-base. They dont do much promotions locally, and never overseas except for Uhm Junghwa.

Remember last year when Joowon turned down C'est Si Bon and took up Fashion King instead? Was this the time where some DC representatives went to see SIM representatives for a discussion on his choice of projects? I forgot what was the outcome. But Joowon posted in Joowon508 after that, asking us to trust him. We still doubted some of his projects, though.

• Like 7

Poor boy... yes. the Chinese movie sounds awfully suspect (but er... I find anything Chinese awfully suspect actually. Not meaning to offend, but even when they said that JCW was considering a Chinese project, I was also like :huh:. Things that make you go, "hmm...". 

I do think he's getting older and more experienced though, and with all the seniors who know him and I'm sure speak to him, he will be able to work out what's best. If SIM is as horrid as they appear to be, then hopefully he will leave them once his contract expires. I'm sure his parents advise him as well.

• Like 5

@gilaswan

Joowon is definitely SIM's first star below 30s who are internationally popular and is receiving lots of love in Korea itself. Other SIM actors are also well known, but they are in their own league because they are above 30s and 40s and dont have a huge fan-base. They dont do much promotions locally, and never overseas except for Uhm Junghwa.

Remember last year when Joowon turned down C'est Si Bon and took up Fashion King instead? Was this the time where some DC representatives went to see SIM representatives for a discussion on his choice of projects? I forgot what was the outcome. But Joowon posted in Joowon508 after that, asking us to trust him. We still doubted some of his projects, though.

Managing a young star also means that you have to deal with a different type of fanbase. We have done a few fan projects and all I will say here is Sim doesn't know how to work with fans. I am not questioning their intention, the impression I have is that they seemed not to have neither the know how nor the resources. And a young star will attract anti-fans who are fans of his peers. These days, the power to spread rumors is not confined to the print. It's online forum and social media. 

About the Cest Si Bon incident, DC fans never had the meeting with Sim. As for Joo Won's message, what do we expect him to say? I only regret putting him through more pressure. 

I never knew how much he had to go through until I watched Healing Camp. And that's only the tip of the iceberg, a tiny bit of which he allowed us to see. I am sure it's a lot worse. Joo Won is intelligent and mature beyond his years. Don't let that child-like innocence make you think otherwise. In praising Kim Tae Hee, Joo Won said, he wondered how she can be so pure-hearted after being in the entertainment business for many years. He's absolutely right about showbiz. It's not a nice place and Joo Won knows this. In a way, he is like Kim Tae Hyun. He loves acting like Tae Hyun loves doctoring. But the system he needs to survive in is complicated and corrupted. He may not always be recognized for being a good doctor but he will build his group of loyal supporters. People who truly see his worth and value him for who he is. 

• Like 15

Is it possible to make Joo Won's voice my ring tone? 

I kind of forgot he spoke English in Tomorrow Cantabile. But I cannot forget his voice in the SG fanmeet. When he spoke English, I think "my soul drifted" out - Korean has a phrase for this :D

He has got such a beautiful voice, so manly. Now, I revisit TC and boy, other than the unqiue way Korean end words with "t", his English sounds much better than those I have heard of other others. I just love his voice. 

Alamak,,,,,i am supposed to go for a meeting and here i am in dreamland

Did he speak English in SG fanmeet? I only heard him say "Hello~" but speaks Korean all other time. kekeke! Or maybe I was too busy staring at him to notice anything else.

@Ma OO can you imagine him wear the tight black pants in the fanmeeting? How do you think we will react is he does? Oh gosh... Just the thought of his assets in tight black pants is making me go funny... :D

I didn't see what kind of pants he was wearing till I rewatched video. All I see is his handsome beautiful face... I just want to cuddle him. No pants needed... I mean I don't care about fashion...

HEY! I am supposed to be gardener! 

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 14

It's amazing to see Joowon again in "guerrilla date" & judging from his appearance in Indonesia, Singapore & Sungshin Women University, you can see his popularity has certainty increased. But I am worried about the security handling the hysterically-charged crowds. I have seen this excitement & craziness before during the "Ghost" musical, albeit a smaller crowd but somehow you tend to get loss in this emotional craziness... Please..please... do take care.

• Like 9

@gilaswan

Managing a young star also means that you have to deal with a different type of fanbase. We have done a few fan projects and all I will say here is Sim doesn't know how to work with fans. I am not questioning their intention, the impression I have is that they seemed not to have neither the know how nor the resources. And a young star will attract anti-fans who are fans of his peers. These days, the power to spread rumors is not confined to the print. It's online forum and social media. 

About the Cest Si Bon incident, DC fans never had the meeting with Sim. As for Joo Won's message, what do we expect him to say? I only regret putting him through more pressure. 

I never knew how much he had to go through until I watched Healing Camp. And that's only the tip of the iceberg, a tiny bit of which he allowed us to see. I am sure it's a lot worse. Joo Won is intelligent and mature beyond his years. Don't let that child-like innocence make you think otherwise. In praising Kim Tae Hee, Joo Won said, he wondered how she can be so pure-hearted after being in the entertainment business for many years. He's absolutely right about showbiz. It's not a nice place and Joo Won knows this. In a way, he is like Kim Tae Hyun. He loves acting like Tae Hyun loves doctoring. But the system he needs to survive in is complicated and corrupted. He may not always be recognized for being a good doctor but he will build his group of loyal supporters. People who truly see his worth and value him for who he is. 

SIM is a good place for rising stars but may not be a good place for Joo Won,who is a famous actor. It is like Sim is the small,beautiful and peaceful pond and JW is an overgrown fish stuck there. Sim,in term of budget,reputation and ability,is failing to handle Joo Won well. While,I don't care about the problem with antis,I am more worried about the management of Joo Won's activities.

I almost forget Joo Won last year partially due to the decisions he made for his projects. The news of Chinese movies freaked me out,especially plastic lovers. Then Fashion King,I still cannot accept that movie at all. I didn't even touch.TC wasn't much help either. Then I became busy and he slowly faded away in my mind until he made a grand comeback with Yongpal. Only last month then I learnt that he was forced to do some projects by SIM. And those projects were failures. 

SIM was good for Joo Won when he first started as an actor. They promoted him from musical actor to drama actor and found him good projects for him to grow.But as Joo Won become more and more famous,they started to use him for other purposes . The schedules for promotion become too tasking and  he was also forced to promote his juniors. I am quite amazed that he is willing to do that. He is simply too sympathetic towards them as he know the path for new actor is much more difficult. I don't see him leaving SIM anytime soon too. He seems to be very loyal like one of you said. Also,the fact that SIM helped build his career, he might feel too sorry to reject them. In fact,if it is me,I will force myself to stay too. Until It reaches my breaking point. I think JW is that kind of person too. But I really hope SIM will not push him until that point.

Then about antis, it is totally useless and waste of time taking about them. I usually don't read those.What I want to tell you all is everyone has it. BE it LMH or KSH or any other famous actors.They are from powerful agencies so they have money to shut antis up and sue them,but most of the time,they don't. Don't ever think about SIM doing that,it is small company,no extra funds to handle this. We all know JW is sensitive and it is normal. I just wish that JW will not listen to them at all and shake it off.  No point handling them,it will only waste money and time. The best way is JW's fans should continue to love him and show him that we are here for him. Leave antis alone.They will not stop.Even, Kim Tae Hee,who has everything has millions of antis and forced to live with it. She was insulted before YP,during YP and after YP but she pulled it through. 

What we should care about more is antis forming within the entertainment cycle. And I foresee it happening if SIM fail to manage JW well. Now,SBS and KBS are fighting over JW as their employee. If SIM anyhow handle this matter,One of the stations or both might turn their back on him. Especially SBS.I knew that because I am following Shinhwa and  SBS totally ignored Shinhwa for years because they did not choose SBS to broadcast their variety show. They were banned totally and was badly publicized by SBS. SIM has to smart to not offend both stations and reject carefully if needed. If not, JW might be outcasted.

I don't know anything about how official fanclubs work and how DC tried to communicate SIM so I will not comment on them discussing with SIM for JW.If it is for good,go for it. Just don't make JW in the middle of this "war". Then,good communication and praises are important to get what you want. 

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 11

Joo Won Guerilla's Date at Sungshin Women's University 

He's there to promote his movie 'That Man'

Look at the crowd! 

web_3696274309_ad0c0300_IMG_20151015_145

I am laughing at the hands. Doesn't everyone wants to touch him? 

cute!

Woah! So many people! I am actually very happy to see Cutie getting the attention and love of so many people! I would like for many more to get to know him and his works. And hopefully, this rise in his popularity would lead to more options for future works for him. And hopefully again, SIM would prioritize what is best for Joo Won more than what's best for the company. I don't know who released the article regarding the choices made by Joo Won vs the choices made by SIM but it actually makes sense. While Cutie did make the roles/characters endearing, you could totally see the fluff storyline and the,  shall we say, hidden motive of perhaps SIM in having him do those projects. I wish they'd just let him or help him choose projects which would further help him grow as an actor and as a star. 

• Like 9

Don't shoot me 진구 :sweatingbullets:, but I'm doing all this reading about the somewhat poor job SIM is doing, managing cutie. and I really find myself wishing that he'd follow Won Bin's example and just skip doing appearances altogether.  Then he'd have time to do what he loves- acting.  Obviously this would be sad for me as a fan girl, but at least he wouldn't have to deal with the antis bothering him!! 

• Like 3

Don't shoot me 진구 :sweatingbullets:, but I'm doing all this reading about the somewhat poor job SIM is doing, managing cutie. and I really find myself wishing that he'd follow Won Bin's example and just skip doing appearances altogether.  Then he'd have time to do what he loves- acting.  Obviously this would be sad for me as a fan girl, but at least he wouldn't have to deal with the antis bothering him!! 

Joowon is doing that. But instead of skipping TV appearances or fanmeetings (God forbid, NO!), he skips some CF offers. He mentioned this in Healing Camp. He said he wanted to focus more on acting, though he did take up some advertising brands. Joowon doesnt have that star power like other actors before Yongpal started. He was known in Korea, but not well enough like those of his age group. So he cannot skip these appearances because he still needs to build up his name in the industry to get good drama/movie offers.

I think Joowon has the upper hand in choosing the dramas he wanted to do. As for movies... I think this is where he was taken advantage of. The only thing that made me non-skeptical about That Guy (premiering soon) is that Yoo Hae Jin is in that movie too. He's a great actor himself, and chooses his projects with care. Joowon's other movie projects were not very successful, though I quite like Fashion King and Catch Me. The harsh reality is that although Joowon really loves acting, but he cannot escape from the management's decisions sometimes. Or he chooses not to.

I wont start on how SIM is promoting Joowon and handling fans. I can write an essay on that. All I can feel now is that SIM is milking Joowon as best they can. I just hope Joowon knows what's best for himself. He's mature for his age, he sought help from his senior actors and he thinks a lot about his future in the industry.

• Like 8