Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

WHY! WHY all the male leads and female leads like to run away from one another? Are they allergic to each other? Grr 

* Starring hard at Cantabile AND YP!

Hidden Content

I didn't know anything about NC. I had A levels when it was airing so I didn't watch. Then I read that reviews are not good so I didn't touch. I need to cure YP withdrawal so I'm finally watching it.It is beautiful drama,sweet and lovely but the ending,I am approaching ending and unhappy that NL kept running away!

So young, yo. Hahahaha... But if Joo Won's gonna use banmal with Uhm Tae Woong, then use banmal with me too, please! hahahaa... #selfdeclarednoonafan :lol:

• Like 5

"You can't just disqualify her just for a wrong spelling!" JW said that in English!

Not like other actors who said in mono tone. He used intonation! OPPA AH! Why you didn't speak English in SG? I will die on spot if you did... 

This is why I said he sounds natural or neutral. Because he speaks with intonation as opposed to memorizing lines. He actually understood what he said. Gosh, he sounds so good speaking English.

*will watch the English part when I'm at home~ Just got to the office!*

Morning/Evening everyone! *hugs*

• Like 6

WHY! WHY all the male leads and female leads like to run away from one another? Are they allergic to each other? Grr 

* Starring hard at Cantabile AND YP!

Hidden Content

I didn't know anything about NC. I had A levels when it was airing so I didn't watch. Then I read that reviews are not good so I didn't touch. I need to cure YP withdrawal so I'm finally watching it.It is beautiful drama,sweet and lovely but the ending,I am approaching ending and unhappy that NL kept running away!

Oddly I was fine with the noble idiocy in Yongpal. I thought that the plot made sense where they needed to cool off in their little corners. Hey with people dropping dead left, right and center they need time to evaluate their values in life LOL

I wasn't very invested in the romance in NC which actually ruined my watching experience. I cared for Joowon's character and was rooting for him to find his place as a conductor and his discovery in music but I couldn't care less about whether he ended up with Shim Eun Kyung. In my opinion, they were not a good match. (Comparing this to the Taiwanese drama It Started With A Kiss has a similar setup where we have a candy girl crushing on a guy who is so out of her league but I loved her crazy character. Naeil didn't do it for me.)(Sorry if this is an unpopular opinion here)

As for Baker King... OMG should I watch it? I'm scared of the makjang.... But I need to right? For the love of Joowon? Maybe OB too... even though I don't like Uee?

@wildaffairs thank you for the chinese subs link for Healing Camp. Unfortunately, I can't get it to open. If anyone finds a youtube link or some 'friendlier' site let me know! Until then I will never give up trying to get this tudou link to work...

You gotta at least try Baker King!  It wasn't terrible, I just really couldn't get into it, despite the JooWon (and everyone else really selling their roles). 

Aww you don't like Uee??  Why?  She's pretty good, especially since she was a new actress in OB.  And there's more to OB than just UEE's character anyway.  Try watching!! :D 

Haha! I should take the plunge. All it takes is probably 5 episodes to get hooked right? Rofl.

There is something about Uee I find hard to like.

When I saw her in You're Beautiful naturally she was a villian so there wasn't much to like but I actually didn't remember her being in there. I saw a few other of her dramas too -- most recently Hogu's Love and the one with Sung Joon, Park Hyung Sik and Im Ji Yeon (forgot what show that is called). I felt that I wasn't emotionally connected to her scenes and sometimes I don't understand what she is trying to convey... Both her thoughts and emotions. You know how someone here mentioned Joowon's twitching eyebrows and slight shift in his stare when he placed his hand on Yeojin's tummy and we know uh-oh something bad is happening? Yeah pretty much I don't get that with Uee. And there's something about her eyes in that drama with Sung Joon (sorry forgot name)... Is she wearing circle lenses? Sometimes she looks really expressionless...

So I guess you can say I won't be too excited seeing my favourite actor romancing one of my not-so-favourite actress (heh trying to keep it civil) on screen. And they are so lovey dovey together... I've seen episode cuts so I have seen bits of the show.

(OMG does this mean that I'll be one of those annoying anti-fans when he dates someone I don't like? Hahaha! Nah, I'm not going to be childish. I can be opinionated but I shouldn't be unreasonable.)

Edited by callmegiggles
Added spoiler to shorten quote
  • Like 6

Yes @moonandhearts there will be a Mountia fansign on October 17th. I dont know the details much, just saw on his schedule. I will just wait for fancams. :D Missing him so much already!

And there will also be a ship cruise with (Japanese?) fans, not sure which date. If it was me, I will skip the cruise. I get seasick~ How can Joowon go on the cruise? He gets seasick easily. All the time on 1N2D that they go out to sea.

3b87e950352ac65cf8162bd6fbf2b21193138a00

Or maybe I should go on the cruise if it means Joowon will snuggle into people like this when he's seasick... *thinking hard*

• Like 10

@mrdimples, will need translation expertise for this article. Also, there is another Chinese article that I found interested (http://www.epochtimes.com/gb/15/9/21/n4532022.htm). Its about the different educational methods used in Naeil's Cantabile.

@ctfrsgp We are translating and subbing the Healing Camp show. So I will focus on that. 

Chinese - English translations are being done on Yong Pal BTS videos to take load off our Korean - English translators. 

There are some Chinese vids and articles which are nice to share. 

Anyone who is interested to translate Chinese to English, please PM me.

"You can't just disqualify her just for a wrong spelling!" JW said that in English!

Not like other actors who said in mono tone. He used intonation! OPPA AH! Why you didn't speak English in SG? I will die on spot if you did... 

:P he looks so good as a music conductor~ aww i so envy the girls sitting in the front row :wub: they get to see him so closely when he conducts :o

i love this bts 3:16 ~ sweet surprise for him :lol:

• Like 7

ZYes @moonandhearts there will be a Mountia fansign on October 17th. I dont know the details much, just saw on his schedule. I will just wait for fancams. :D Missing him so much already!

And there will also be a ship cruise with (Japanese?) fans, not sure which date. If it was me, I will skip the cruise. I get seasick~ How can Joowon go on the cruise? He gets seasick easily. All the time on 1N2D that they go out to sea.

Or maybe I should go on the cruise if it means Joowon will snuggle into people like this when he's seasick... *thinking hard*

What? On a cruise with Joowon? Trapped on a ship where he has no way to escape... Ooh... I want to be there.

Snuggly Joowon is cute. Like how he snuggled up to Jong Min and called him "yeobo" when he was seasick... Maybe he'll fall asleep on top of you too like how he did with Kim Seung Woo... Somebody write a fanfic.

• Like 9

Haha! I should take the plunge. All it takes is probably 5 episodes to get hooked right? Rofl.

There is something about Uee I find hard to like.

Hidden Content

So I guess you can say I won't be too excited seeing my favourite actor romancing one of my not-so-favourite actress (heh trying to keep it civil) on screen. And they are so lovey dovey together... I've seen episode cuts so I have seen bits of the show.

(OMG does this mean that I'll be one of those annoying anti-fans when he dates someone I don't like? Hahaha! Nah, I'm not going to be childish. I can be opinionated but I shouldn't be unreasonable.)

5 episodes of OB or Baker King?  Grown-up Ma Jun doesn't even appear in Baker King until episode 6, but I would say you should know if you like OB or not within 5 episodes.  And hey, you get to dive right in with (cute) scruffy Tae Hee...

G45q6gL.jpg

That can't be a bad thing, right?

About UEE (O/T):

Honestly, I thought she was much better in OB than she was in Hogu's Love.  And I didn't even dislike her there either, her character just took some getting used to.  But you're right that she sometimes missed the mark in going too flat and blank as Do Hee.  She's not like that in OB, I swear!  She has expressions!  Haha.  I didn't watch her more recent show, so I can't comment on that one, but she's good in OB.

• Like 7

You guys are making me wanna watch 2D1N episodes with Joo Won in them... hahaha... 

Which episode in Cantabile does he speak English? Now I'm curious. I realise there aren't as many videos of him on YouTube as there are of the other "Hallyu currents", like KSH or LJS. Aiyah... more people need to get to know this gem of a darling actor. Not to say KSH and LJS don't act well - they do. But, oh! Look how versatile our Joo Won is! #swoonagain :wub:

• Like 9

You guys are making me wanna watch 2D1N episodes with Joo Won in them... hahaha... 

Oh, we can play this game.  Don't get us started.

njTldMi.jpgmmWrTZQ.jpgIXe8Ncv.gif

UrHYtyK.gif

Oops!  Too late!  (Haha, I just realized that 3/4 of these are people petting/about to pet him like the adorable puppy he is.)

• Like 11

I read it somewhere that Joo Won will go for a cruise with the Japanese fans... How lucky they are!! For 38,000 Yen... I'll let him snuggle on my big belly :D Arrrhhh... I miss him...
Kept on looking at all the pictures I took... I regretted so much that I have no picture where he's seen... Arrrhhh I have hundreds of regrets.... :(:( 
But... now I know for sure... I won't make it as my "LAST" fan girling.. Next time, I would even camp at the airport! *grin*
Gosh... Now I feel the urge of re-watching OB after some pics came up... 

• Like 5

Which episode in Cantabile does he speak English? Now I'm curious. I realise there aren't as many videos of him on YouTube as there are of the other "Hallyu currents", like KSH or LJS. Aiyah... more people need to get to know this gem of a darling actor. Not to say KSH and LJS don't act well - they do. But, oh! Look how versatile our Joo Won is! #swoonagain :wub:

It should be the last episode (when he and naeil in Vienna) :wub:

Please watch 2D1N!! there's some joo won cut (without subs) on youtube

this is my fav~:lol:

Edited by wildaffairs
  • Like 8

I'm at the Good Doctor episode where Yoon Seo announced she's dating Si On. Dunno whether to feel irritated with her or not. Aiyoh... Si On ah... Joo Won ah... Hahahaha... I wonder how much of Joo Won's personality is in Si On.

I felt the same way!! Would it have been so terrible to wait and not rush into announcing things?  I mean give the poor guy some time to adjust. :( 

• Like 4

I'm at the Good Doctor episode where Yoon Seo announced she's dating Si On. Dunno whether to feel irritated with her or not. Aiyoh... Si On ah... Joo Won ah... Hahahaha... I wonder how much of Joo Won's personality is in Si On.

I told you I liked that part. I thought the reactions were kind of realistic. Awwwkward.......and terrible.... I felt so bad for Si On. 

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 4

@wildaffairs: Aiyah... no subs how to understand? :( But I see them laugh I also want to laugh. Just watching the body language, Joo Won is like this blur of a little brother who's so innocent and naive, he's great to make fun of. I have a maknae friend like that. So funny lah when we get together. He's so very smart, but can be so very gullible too... Hahahaha... 

Does anyone know where I can find back episodes of 2D1N with Joo Won in them? I like that Cha Tae Hyun is in it too. Seems like a nice chappy.

• Like 6

Oh, we can play this game.  Don't get us started.

njTldMi.jpgmmWrTZQ.jpgIXe8Ncv.gif

UrHYtyK.gif

Oops!  Too late!  (Haha, I just realized that 3/4 of these are people petting/about to pet him like the adorable puppy he is.)

SO MUCH CUTENESS!!! I'm so going to watch all his 2d1n episodes over the december holidays! Suddenly not sian about not going on holiday already haahha i can dedicate the whole month to gluing my eyes on the screen teeheehee

• Like 7

Is it possible to make Joo Won's voice my ring tone? 

I kind of forgot he spoke English in Tomorrow Cantabile. But I cannot forget his voice in the SG fanmeet. When he spoke English, I think "my soul drifted" out - Korean has a phrase for this :D

He has got such a beautiful voice, so manly. Now, I revisit TC and boy, other than the unqiue way Korean end words with "t", his English sounds much better than those I have heard of other others. I just love his voice. 

Alamak,,,,,i am supposed to go for a meeting and here i am in dreamland

• Like 6

@wildaffairs: Aiyah... no subs how to understand? :( But I see them laugh I also want to laugh. Just watching the body language, Joo Won is like this blur of a little brother who's so innocent and naive, he's great to make fun of. I have a maknae friend like that. So funny lah when we get together. He's so very smart, but can be so very gullible too... Hahahaha... 

Does anyone know where I can find back episodes of 2D1N with Joo Won in them? I like that Cha Tae Hyun is in it too. Seems like a nice chappy.

full video here (chinese subs): :wub:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/U4m-zN43ygs/

(i can't seem to find the eng subs for the 2012 episodes of 2D1N)

Joo won is blur at quiz (but he's actually smart and good at memorising). there was an episode when the members visited his house and Cha Tae Hyun found a general knowledge quiz book and handwritings on the papers. Joo won was actually studying the answers in the book and memorising all of it. :blink: the members were commenting he is so hardworking and Cha Tae hyun even test Joo won if he can remember any of the answers he wrote on the paper :lol: 

But I believe he has a good knowledge about shakespeare's works (hamlet, macbeth, kinglear, othello) thanks to his musical background

:wub:

Edited by wildaffairs
  • Like 6