Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Hmm I think I've watched started all his dramas now.  I've seen all his movies too, with the exception of Paradise Heaven (is that even out yet? I'm confused).  I'm still waffling about whether or not I want to watch It's Him/That Guy when it comes available.  I'm a giant scaredy-cat so I can't sit still through thrillers or horror movies. 

• Like 5

Just YongPal and am almost done with Good Doctor... Ah... I actually have a lot of work I'm behind on... Shouldn't keep getting distracted. I'm just watching HIM now. Hahahahaha.... 

I think after this hell week/season is over, I want to watch Yong Pal again. I got side tracked by Good Doctor and the euphoria of Saturday... Must resume my re-watch soon... I miss Yong Pal!!

• Like 8

Joowon speaks English~ He actually has good pronunciation when he speaks English. Like a natural~ But he just rarely speak it.

Can't really tell if he speaks English fluently - are there other clips of him interacting in or speaking a greater length of text in English? But just from this little bit, he does seem to have a "neutral" English accent, i.e. not heavily Korean accented. Nice. :)

From what I have seen,he cannot speak fluently but he understands.I believe.On one ep of 1n2d which was 2 or 3 years ago, he was paired up with US born Korean.They were funny pair as JW spoke in mixture of English and Korean while that guy spoke in English.He usually used one key word to explain that guy. Eg: for introduction,he said introduce.

I think JW know a lot of vocabularies as a non-english speaker but he might have problem creating sentences,hence unable to present his thought. 

LOL! Yeah~ His vocabulary for English is just like mine for Korean. He definitely cant speak fluently, but I love how he speaks them, even when scripted. His accent isnt too strong, and he speaks it softly in a low tone. I love his conversation in English in Naeil Cantabile! He sounds very nice indeed. :D

Yes,native speakers and those who learnt the language since young will not understand it.It is really hard to create the sentences! It's like you understand almost everything but unable to express one's own thought properly! Almost every language is like that. But Joo Won is good through. If he is to focus and study hard,he might able to speak English fluently after 6 months or so,provided he knows lot of words.My personal experience :)

@gilaswan  Please do join me in my Cantabile watch... I had to give up on Baker King :) 

I join you also. I am at ep 15!

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 6

Just YongPal and am almost done with Good Doctor... Ah... I actually have a lot of work I'm behind on... Shouldn't keep getting distracted. I'm just watching HIM now. Hahahahaha.... 

I think after this hell week/season is over, I want to watch Yong Pal again. I got side tracked by Good Doctor and the euphoria of Saturday... Must resume my re-watch soon... I miss Yong Pal!!

YEAH I'm so busy now too can't marathon anything, so jealous of everyone watching joowon stuff haha! can't wait to be able to indulge again soon! :wub:

• Like 3

Wow. You're so far. I'm only on episode 2.  :)  I'm also watching IRIS though (for my new TaeHee crush lol)

@gilaswan  Please do join me in my Cantabile watch... I had to give up on Baker King :) 

I join you also. I am at ep 15!

Cantabile is the last drama I want to watch for JW... but somehow I spent only 7days or so to reach ep 15. Then I hesitated to watch the last 2 episodes for awhile because  I don't want it to end... WHAAAAAAT... I can't believe I am saying this. I had zero expectation for this drama... XD 

• Like 5

Hmm I think I've watched started all his dramas now.  I've seen all his movies too, with the exception of Paradise Heaven (is that even out yet? I'm confused).  I'm still waffling about whether or not I want to watch It's Him/That Guy when it comes available.  I'm a giant scaredy-cat so I can't sit still through thrillers or horror movies. 

You started but dropped them? Like Baker King? 

Have you completed any? just curious

I am going to re-watch Yong Pal too. If you have time to start a new Joo Won drama, Tomorrow Cantabile is good for this season, wait.....I forgot you and I are in this eternal sunshine place. But you must watch Gaksital and Ojakgyo Brothers. I think you will like them. 

Baker King belong to the type of dramas I would watch with my mom. But can I confess that I marathoned the entire series in 1 week? All the time, I wanted to throttle Dad, poke Grandma with a stick and hug Ma Jun. Tak Gu also makes me mad. He's like those whack-a- mole which you keep hitting but always pop up grinning. I think I love all the baddies in the show especially this delicious one

tumblr_lf2u5tp84N1qb5ldt_zpsa2e8aad3.gif

Cantabile is the last drama I want to watch for JW... but somehow I spent only 7days or so to reach ep 15. Then I hesitated to watch the last 2 episodes for awhile because  I don't want it to end... WHAAAAAAT... I can't believe I am saying this. I had zero expectation for this drama... XD 

@Ma OO you haven't watched Tomorrow Cantabile? It is such an underrated drama. The haters were crazy bashing this one. But I love it, it's a good drama in it's sweet and unique way. 

• Like 9

WHY! WHY all the male leads and female leads like to run away from one another? Are they allergic to each other? Grr 

* Starring hard at Cantabile AND YP!

You know that Tomorrow Cantabile filmed the last episode first, right? 

Stupid Production should have just cut it. That's why it was so jarring after the beautiful ep 15. 

• Like 4

WHY! WHY all the male leads and female leads like to run away from one another? Are they allergic to each other? Grr 

Hidden Content

I didn't know anything about NC. I had A levels when it was airing so I didn't watch. Then I read that reviews are not good so I didn't touch. I need to cure YP withdrawal so I'm finally watching it.It is beautiful drama,sweet and lovely but the ending,I am approaching ending and unhappy that NL kept running away!

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 5

@mrdimples  I was trying to say that I started Baker King, then dropped it, so that's why I haven't actually seen all his dramas.  I've watched everything else entirely though.  And I'm looking forward to finishing Cantabile soon. The K-version is much different than the J-version!!  :) 

Edited to say: That gif is awesome by the way, both for the eyebrow action from Ma Jun and the girl's horrified face. LOL.  Speaking of which!   I kind of miss JooWon's eyebrows.  He doesn't use them nearly as much as he did in Gaksital.  ^_^

Edited by yonaomi123
grammar
  • Like 7

"You can't just disqualify her just for a wrong spelling!" JW said that in English!

Not like other actors who said in mono tone. He used intonation! OPPA AH! Why you didn't speak English in SG? I will die on spot if you did... 

• Like 8

Hidden Content

I didn't know anything about NC. I had A levels when it was airing so I didn't watch. Then I read that reviews are not good so I didn't touch. I need to cure YP withdrawal so I'm finally watching it.It is beautiful drama,sweet and lovely but the ending,I am approaching ending and unhappy that NL kept running away!

Oddly I was fine with the noble idiocy in Yongpal. I thought that the plot made sense where they needed to cool off in their little corners. Hey with people dropping dead left, right and center they need time to evaluate their values in life LOL

I wasn't very invested in the romance in NC which actually ruined my watching experience. I cared for Joowon's character and was rooting for him to find his place as a conductor and his discovery in music but I couldn't care less about whether he ended up with Shim Eun Kyung. In my opinion, they were not a good match. (Comparing this to the Taiwanese drama It Started With A Kiss has a similar setup where we have a candy girl crushing on a guy who is so out of her league but I loved her crazy character. Naeil didn't do it for me.)(Sorry if this is an unpopular opinion here)

As for Baker King... OMG should I watch it? I'm scared of the makjang.... But I need to right? For the love of Joowon? Maybe OB too... even though I don't like Uee?

@wildaffairs thank you for the chinese subs link for Healing Camp. Unfortunately, I can't get it to open. If anyone finds a youtube link or some 'friendlier' site let me know! Until then I will never give up trying to get this tudou link to work...

• Like 4

Suffice it to say that Cutie's english is not cringe-worthy as some of the actors his age. I still believe he can more or less understand English (he loved The Notebook remember? Unless what he watched was subbed) but does not practice speaking as much. I wish he would do so because his pronunciation is pretty much ok and so that I can understand him without needing for translations. Hahahaha! Imagine talking to him in your limited Korean, then him replying in Korean, then you trying to process what he said while you are trying to just breathe 'coz you're starstrucked/lovestrucked because of his presence (#truestory). 

By the way, will we be doing something for That Guy premiere? Like a rice wreath or cake or something? 

• Like 8

Hidden Content

Oddly I was fine with the noble idiocy in Yongpal. I thought that the plot made sense where they needed to cool off in their little corners. Hey with people dropping dead left, right and center they need time to evaluate their values in life LOL

I wasn't very invested in the romance in NC which actually ruined my watching experience. I cared for Joowon's character and was rooting for him to find his place as a conductor and his discovery in music but I couldn't care less about whether he ended up with Shim Eun Kyung. In my opinion, they were not a good match. (Comparing this to the Taiwanese drama It Started With A Kiss has a similar setup where we have a candy girl crushing on a guy who is so out of her league but I loved her crazy character. Naeil didn't do it for me.)(Sorry if this is an unpopular opinion here)

As for Baker King... OMG should I watch it? I'm scared of the makjang.... But I need to right? For the love of Joowon? Maybe OB too... even though I don't like Uee?

@wildaffairs thank you for the chinese subs link for Healing Camp. Unfortunately, I can't get it to open. If anyone finds a youtube link or some 'friendlier' site let me know! Until then I will never give up trying to get this tudou link to work...

You gotta at least try Baker King!  It wasn't terrible, I just really couldn't get into it, despite the JooWon (and everyone else really selling their roles). 

Aww you don't like Uee??  Why?  She's pretty good, especially since she was a new actress in OB.  And there's more to OB than just UEE's character anyway.  Try watching!! :D 

• Like 5

Korean actor Joo Won confesses his ideal woman, dating history

The Korea Herald/ANN | Lim Jeong-yeo | Wednesday, Oct 14, 2015

Joo Won, the male lead of recently culminated SBS TV drama "Yong-pal," appeared in Monday night's "Healing Camp-500 vs. 1" and discussed his relationship history and philosophy.

The 28-year-old said he has had bad luck with relationships due to personal difficulties in work-love balance.

"I have only really dated twice. When I'm working for a show, I become conflicted.

The person I like and the female lead of the show pose a psychological tug-of-war in my head," Joo Won explained.

"I like the movie 'Notebook.' It's the kind of authentic melodrama I want to act in. A love where both sides are helplessly infatuated," the actor said.

His ideal woman is one who has "a pretty backline and a pot belly with big heart." If he falls in love he would commit a hundred per cent, "When I fall in love I stay in love. I think true affection comes from never thinking about leaving each other," he said.

In this episode of "Healing Camp," Joo won sang a verse from musical "Don Quixote," showing off his musical skills.

Source: http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/korean-actor-joo-won-confesses-his-ideal-woman-dating-history

Joo Won Compliments His 'Yong Pal' Co-Star Kim Tae Hee

BY JULIE JONES
  •  
Yong Pal
(PHOTO : SBS)

Joo Won has always been very supportive of his "Yong Pal" co-star Kim Tae Hee.

At the press conference for the medical melodrama he spoke about how excited he had been to work with her and how he was not disappointed when he did.

"I think I fell for noona more at the first script reading. I thought, 'how could someone with her looks also have such a good personality?' There's beauty in personality as well. The more I see her, the prettier I think she is and I think I will have fun working with her."

On The SBS program "Healing Camp," healso spoke about his first impressions, "On our first script reading day, I came to think that she was not called Pretty Tae Hee for no reason."

When Kim received criticism for her acting in the earlier episodes, he defended her, saying that her acting was heartfelt.

"Kim Tae Hee is trying hard to show a different side of herself than she did in the past," he said. "You can say that she is completely absorbed in her new character Han Yeo Jin. She's trying to let herself go and act as naturally as possible."

He comforted her when she was criticized and the couple became good friends. Despite the criticism, Kim Tae Hee went on to win the Top Excellence Award for Best Actress at the 2015 Korea Drama Awards.

Joo Won has a history of being kind to and complimentary towards his female co-stars, praising Choi Kang Hee, Moon Chae Won and Jin Se Yeon, but if he had to pick the best it would be Kim Tae Hee. When the "Healing Camp" host asked him which actress was his favorite, she won.

"I wondered how she could be so pure like that when she had been in the entertainment business for such a long time," he said. "Also, she was a good actress who created the feelings that allowed me to love Yeo Jin."

The feeling was apparently mutual. Kim said she got very close to him during the filming.

"I got closer to him to the point I could say that I can't get any closer. Among all the actors I've worked with, I got the closest to him and was able to communicate with him the best."

In fact, Kim would like to have a son just like Joo Won.

"He's very masculine when he's acting but he often uses sweet babying words. It was to the point where I thought it'd be nice to have a son like him. The women around him melt when confronted with Joo Won's charms."

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/100647/20151013/joo-won-compliments-his-yong-pal-co-star-kim-tae-hee.htm

Edited by ctfrsgp
  • Like 7

苦熬5年成韓流天王 周元:演戲是唯一出口
2015/10/12 20:01

phpXl35ZL.jpg周元透露出道前後心酸經歷,讓許多人忍不住落淚。(翻攝自asiae.co)

〔娛樂頻道/綜合報導〕韓星周元剛出道時有「小姜東元」的稱號,近期他憑藉《龍八夷》站上韓流戲劇小天王的地位,日前他作客《Healing Camp》時透露,出道以來背負很大壓力,儘管他靠實力成功了,但想到一路走來的心酸,忍不住紅了眼眶,讓觀眾非常心疼。

phpAHnd2c.jpg周元在《龍八夷》中精湛的演技,讓人印象深刻。(翻攝自asiae.co)

周元在節目上表示,人生中最叛逆的時候,就是跟父母說要上藝術高中、要當演員,當時父母很驚嚇,但他後來用演藝成績向父母證明自己做了正確的決定。

他也回憶,剛出道時他非常沮喪,不管再怎麼努力演戲,還是很少人關注他,不過他沒有放棄,除了電視劇,他也朝電影、音樂劇發展。經過了5年,他參與演出的作品都獲得票房與口碑的雙保證,讓他成為「韓劇收視率新4大天王」,他目眶含淚的說,從小就不擅言詞和表達情緒,「演戲是我唯一的出口」,讓許多觀眾很是心疼,忍不住落淚。

phpeHMjT8.jpg周元能歌善演形象佳,受到許多人喜愛。(翻攝自news.joins)

Source: http://ent.ltn.com.tw

@mrdimples, will need translation expertise for this article. Also, there is another Chinese article that I found interested (http://www.epochtimes.com/gb/15/9/21/n4532022.htm). Its about the different educational methods used in Naeil's Cantabile.

Edited by ctfrsgp
  • Like 6

Joowon speaks English~ He actually has good pronunciation when he speaks English. Like a natural~ But he just rarely speak it.

Can't really tell if he speaks English fluently - are there other clips of him interacting in or speaking a greater length of text in English? But just from this little bit, he does seem to have a "neutral" English accent, i.e. not heavily Korean accented. Nice. :)

His character speaks a tiny bit of English in OB too. 

And he spent some time in the US as a kid, didn't he?  Only like 6 months or something, but it might have helped him learn good habits.

@gilaswan  Hmm.  To put it nicely, the story just didn't draw me in and make want to continue watching.  It felt a little too much like the plot of the soap operas my mother used to watch when I was a child.  Days of Our Lives, General Hospital that sort of thing. 

Ha.  And that might be why I liked it.  It is very much a soap opera. I used to watch Days of Our Lives with my sister (who was older, bigger, and therefore controlled the remote, lol) when I was a kid, and we mocked its ridiculousness mercilessly, while still being totally addicted to it.  And I was totally enjoying Baker King on that level until I realized that I was actually kind of invested in Ma Jun's story.  Hahaha.  First encounter with Joo Won, and that's all it took.  Luckily OB was airing at the time, so I had something else to binge on right away.

So the takeaway is that you just have to embrace the crazy!  But I can understand that not everyone wants to watch something so completely nuts.  I always said that Ma Jun has the problems that make sense in a more real-world way.  Parents that treat him badly and misunderstand him, but in a mostly ordinary way, and a kind of coming-of-age identity crisis.  Not like stupid Tak Gu, with his completely insane (kidnapped mom, near-blindness, near loss of taste, on and on) issues. 

Ah, Ma Jun.  I always say this, but it's all your fault I'm here!

• Like 9

There's a new Mountia ad of Cutie and I hope someone could post it here. It's in Mountia's FB page:

https://mobile.facebook.com/mountiakr

I can't embed videos or copy its link (using my phone). So, maybe someone could do so? Also, will there be a Mountia fanmeet/fansigning event @farbarri

---

So many articles just on one guesting. So we have:

1. Joo Won's ideal girl

2. His dating history

3. His aegyo

4. His use of banmal

5. Difficulties in filming Yongpal

6. His seniors' views about him

7. Kim Tae Hee

8. His singing prowess

What else do we have?

There's a new Mountia ad of Cutie and I hope someone could post it here. It's in Mountia's FB page:

https://mobile.facebook.com/mountiakr

I can't embed videos or copy its link (using my phone). So, maybe someone could do so? Also, will there be a Mountia fanmeet/fansigning event @farbarri

---

So many articles just on one guesting. So we have:

1. Joo Won's ideal girl

2. His dating history

3. His aegyo

4. His use of banmal

5. Difficulties in filming Yongpal

6. His seniors' views about him

7. Kim Tae Hee

8. His singing prowess

What else do we have?

• Like 7