Quantcast

Previously, someone was asking for the KBS program where they showcase Joo Won's past dramas on KBS? 

sdee said that KBS and SBS have been 'making love calls' to Joo Won. By that, she means that they want him to appear on their station's programs. 

Here's the tudou link

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2_o66nvcz-U/?resourceId=110952730_06_02_99

I heard that they even aired Fashion King in place of some other program which was cancelled or pushed back. That was at the start of YP.

• Like 6
  • Replies 57.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

Thank you for all the fan accounts! Glad that you all had a wonderful time. I am reading your fan accounts and smiling like a fool at my phone because I can imagine myself doing the same... Anything for Joowon-ie oppa~

@mrdimples in your post sharing sdee's email, she mentioned KBS airing a special about Joowon. Do you know which show it is? Entertainment Weekly? Even better, do you happen to have the link? *puppy dog eyes and goofy grin* Also, thank you for promising subs for healing camp. I will wait faithfully for it.

About the subs... If anyone finds Healing Camp with chinese subs can you please post it here or PM me? My chinese skills are half baked but I will convince my mom to read the subs to me. (I swear she thinks I'm too crazy for Joowon)

I've already seen healing camp raw and abused my rewind button.

And on the cultural influences on speech, nuances, etc...

Hidden Content

And about how soompi (ads) hates me...

Hidden Content

I guess it's called as 스타 프로파일링/Star Profiling or something like that

http://videofarm.daum.net/controller/video/viewer/Video.html?vid=v0803GRInGZ3YJh9GznRJ4J&play_loc=dcinside&width=640&height=360

The link above is from dc, I didn't find the full video in youtube ver. while tudou, I always have problem to open it :(

@Erin Lokanata I pm you the link alr.

another That Guy BTS+trailer from MBC (old vid. about 2 weeks ago?) - http://videofarm.daum.net/controller/video/viewer/Video.html?vid=v53504wGoxcGi5CP4Gllxyl&play_loc=dcinside&width=640&height=360

You can download both videos at http://2getflv.co.kr/2getflv

• Like 8

Yay thanks for the links @deardrama and @mrdimples!  ^^ 

I can't wait to watch the Healing camp ep with Cutie! Pretty sure I'll smile and laugh and bawl like I did when I watched his Win Win interview, and oh did I mention fall in love with him even more? *sigh* this man-child never fails to surprise and amaze us right? 

Were there negative articles already about some of his brutally honest comments? Or was it just the comments of anti's? All I've been seeing are onslaught of articles about him, mostly positive ones. And isn't it amazing how different each articles are? I mean I felt that the writers have a lot of materials to work with when they interview him. Idk with other actors but I felt that since Joo Won gives thoughtful answers and tries to answer all the questions sincerely, the writers then get a lot of things to write about or focus about based on his answers in the interview. 

As I said, I've yet to watch Healing Camp but his answers have always been consistent with what he was saying waaaaay back. That he has already set this path for himself to be an actor more than being a star. But I think he knows that he also needs a bit of popularity in order to have more project/role options to choose from in order to become a better actor. And I am glad that little by little he's gaining the love and admiration of the people that he has worked with and the lives that he has touched through his projects and interviews. 

• Like 7

Aiyoh, aiyoh... watching Good Doctor makes me want to cry. He acts so convincingly... aigoo, aigoo... I want to give Si On a tight squeeze... 

Where are you at? We can talk about the drama. 

At the point where he's beginning to come into himself as an adult. He's met his birth father who's one abusive SOB. And the female fellow, Cha Yoon Seo (Moon Chae Won) is starting to rethink how she views him. I have to say though, I'm really only just watching Joo Won than the entire show... The TV is on to help me stay awake (work. :( ) but the bits I'm paying attention to is when Si On is being such a sincere sweetie... That said, there are aspects of the portrayal of persons with autism that bothers me...

Was soompi unavailable for anyone else today?  Considering that I finally finished my paper instead of stalking through the thread and staring at JooWon's face, I guess it was a good thing. :P

I'm not sure, but I feel like this is something that was addressed before/during Good Doctor's original airing.  The show was being given good marks (I think?) because it was doing much better at portraying people on the spectrum than previous shows.  But that said, when I watched it, it did feel sometimes like the writing team had consulted a textbook for a list of attributes persons with ASD may have, and then told JooWon that he must have XYZ tics and behaviors.  It made him feel less real, if that makes sense.

What's your take gilaswan?

• Like 2

Was soompi unavailable for anyone else today?  Considering that I finally finished my paper instead of stalking through the thread and staring at JooWon's face, I guess it was a good thing. :P

Yup.  All the long afternoon.  Not that there's ever much going on here then anyway.  Curse being on this side of the planet. ;)

Clips from SBS from Healing Camp (a lot, so I'll hide most of them):

credit: entertainmentSBS

And this one...

Hahaha.  Oh honey, did you forget?  We've been through this before.

Taxi, December 2013:

lhMxC0E.jpg

But you have!  Look at all these people willing to jump into your arms!

woTbiS5.jpg

And now the MC of Healing Camp too, lol.  I'm sure there would be some volunteers here too.. :D

• Like 10

Yup.  All the long afternoon.  Not that there's ever much going on here then anyway.  Curse being on this side of the planet. ;)

Clips from SBS from Healing Camp (a lot, so I'll hide most of them):

Hidden Content

And this one...

Hahaha.  Oh honey, did you forget?  We've been through this before.

Taxi, December 2013:

lhMxC0E.jpg

But you have!  Look at all these people willing to jump into your arms!

And now the MC of Healing Camp too, lol.  I'm sure there would be some volunteers here too.. :D

You can practice that with me anytime Cutie! ♥ 

Thank you for the clips @ecs707a!  Now I want the subbed version asap! Cutie looks sooooo cute and handsome!!!! Aaaaahhhhh!! But what struck me too is that everyone there is seriously having a grand time. Like they're talking with a friend or something. Laughing away, getting all teary eyed and just enjoying the time! Awww! Makes me want to be there too! 

P.S. @mrdimples Thanks for the todou links for the KBS love call aka star profiling special for Cutie! He has come a long way already doesn't he? I just love how they were able to showcase Cutie's different charms. I don't think they've touched much on him singing osts but then they've mentioned that he is a musical actor so I guess singing's a given already. Haha! But seeing the clips from his past dramas makes me want to rewatch them all and be amazed at Cutie's transformation from one character to another! Amazing! ^^ I wonder if he'll be doing some guesting on KBS shows to promote his new movie? I'm pretty sure KBS will love that! Should he see Uhm Tae Woong and guest in Superman Returns? I'd love to see him interact with kids! Teehee! 

Edited by moonandhearts
  • Like 5

I had no idea that Joo Won received some SBS award last year. Did he? There's a part in HC where they show him receiving an award. It's in one of the videos in @ecs707a post . Caption said 2014 SBS Awards Festival 

His hair looks recent so it's even weirder, let me get to the subbed and see what's going on

Meanwhile, I love the look on the sunbaes' faces (eh...maybe they always look so adoringly when a hoobae gets an award? reading too much into it?)

screenshot_05_zpsrm7oewmn.jpg

screenshot_04_zpspjgmnpbc.jpgscreenshot_07_zpsshfj80lz.jpg

screenshot_06_zpsa4ehqilr.jpg

• Like 6

I had no idea that Joo Won received some SBS award last year. Did he? There's a part in HC where they show him receiving an award. It's in one of the videos in @ecs707a post . Caption said 2014 SBS Awards Festival 

His hair looks recent so it's even weirder, let me get to the subbed and see what's going on

Meanwhile, I love the look on the sunbaes' faces (eh...maybe they always look so adoringly when a hoobae gets an award? reading too much into it?)

Huh!? SBS awards? But Yongpal is his first SBS drama, so how could he get a 2014 award from SBS? That's weird. And it's like we haven't seen this. Or maybe that's just me. Haha! Will wait for your update! It's not the PD awards right?  

• Like 3

Huh!? SBS awards? But Yongpal is his first SBS drama, so how could he get a 2014 award from SBS? That's weird. And it's like we haven't seen this. Or maybe that's just me. Haha! Will wait for your update! It's not the PD awards right?  

I am trying not to give spoilers for Healing Camp but I cracked up that some message came through," Joo Won's dimples are so deep, like a swimming pool. I want to swim in them" :D 

Yup.....I will let you know about the awards. I am baffled too. 

• Like 6

I really miss Joo Won. TT

Seeing him once makes you want to see him again. He said he wants people to get mesmerized by his eyes, right? Well, we got sucked in deep from more than his eyes. It was everything about him that got us loving him as he is.

• Like 7

I am trying not to give spoilers for Healing Camp but I cracked up that some message came through," Joo Won's dimples are so deep, like a swimming pool. I want to swim in them" :D 

Yup.....I will let you know about the awards. I am baffled too. 

omo! Have the editors fallen in love with Cutie? Lol. 

The only explanation I can give to that clip is they edited that clip, placed Joo Won's face into another actor's body. So they can show to the audience what Cutie was saying about (again just guessing here) how it's probably awkward for him to get top awards with senior actors in front? 

• Like 4

I have been feeling strange since Saturday. Can't put a finger to it. I thought was PMS but timing is wrong. My favorite Yong Pal OST before Sat was A'Nightmare', now it's PHS's "Only Remember Me" ...oh the puns. I associate the song with that day. You know while we were all waiting for the event start, Onetvasia should have show clips of the show. I guess they have no budget for big screens but imagine people watching Yong Pal? So awesome. They wanted to broadcast other shows on their channel but I think Yong Pal is most gripping even in short clips. On bigger screens. And way to work up the crowd, if you ask me. 

I won't lie that I wished Joo Won sang instead of PHS. He would have shaken the whole Suntec City. Can you imagine? 

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 6

I have been feeling strange since Saturday. Can't put a finger to it. I thought was PMS but timing is wrong. My favorite Yong Pal OST before Sat was A'Nightmare', now it's PHS's "Only Remember Me" ...oh the puns. I associate the song with that day. You know while we were all waiting for the event start, Onetvasia should have show clips of the show. I guess they have no budget for big screens but imagine people watching Yong Pal? So awesome. They wanted to broadcast other shows on their channel but I think Yong Pal is most gripping even in short clips. On bigger screens. And way to work up the crowd, if you ask me. 

I won't lie that I wished Joo Won sang instead of PHS. He would have shaken the whole Suntec City. Can you imagine? 

maybe he's reserving that for when he comes back? Hopefully we could join you guys too? Since it'll be translated in English it'll be easier to understand the interviews and instructions. Teehee. 

I'm guessing @mrdimplesples what you're feeling is longing for Cutie? Withdrawal symptoms from lack of Yongpal?? Hahaha! 

Oh and about that awards show clip, I'm pretty much sure it was edited. I found the original and they edited Cutie's head on to that actor's body. And added clips of the sunbaes watching.  

• Like 3

@yonaomi123: I should wish for soompi to be down during my waking hours then, so maybe I'll get more papers done too... hahaha... I had the windows closed most of yesterday so that I could get through the gazillion papers in front of me. Seriously - there are only these many PDFs you can read before your brain fries.

Regarding Joo Won's portrayal of someone with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), let me just put a disclaimer here: one of the areas I work in is Special Needs, but I am not an expert in ASD (I work in another area of SN). It's just that in the course of my work over the last many years, I have come into contact with a number of persons with ASD and do have colleagues who are ASD experts (those who do the diagnostics as well as intervention), so this is where my comments stem from. As far as Joo Won's acting is concerned, I think it's fairly spot on. While not always true, persons with ASD generally do not make eye contact and do not always understand social nuances in speech or actions, which is why social interaction as we understand it can be puzzling to them and difficult. That is also why generally you do not see them as having a "confident stance" as such - difficult to exude that type of persona when you have difficulty maintaining eye contact. Some of them *do* drag their feet about, but not all. In fact, a number I know do not even look or stand differently - much like Kim Do-Han's brother on the show - so you can't even identify them visually. At most, they come across as aloof. As the term implies, it's a spectrum. Some of these characteristics that Joo Won chose to portray are therefore likely character-specific than disorder-specific. I read somewhere that Joo Won spent a lot of time researching the condition himself and watching a lot of videos, so I suppose he did put together in his mind the image of a person with ASD that he wanted to present to the public.

About Good Doctor (most of the discussion placed in spoiler so it doesn't flood the visual space of those who don't want to read it)

What I found uneasy with had more to do with the script - things that were said. I'm not sure if it's a fault of translation since I don't speak Korean, much less know the nature of the vocabulary used now in Korea to discuss ASD, but in English, there are terms that are no longer used in disability discourse. For example, you don't say "Autistic person", but you say "person with autism" or "person on the autism spectrum disorder". In fact, in the UK, they don't even use the term "disorder" anymore. They refer to it as a "condition". The thing is, the show kept talking about a "cure" - but this is not a disease you can cure. Disabilities are not cured. They are managed. So to see medical practitioners in the show repeatedly speak of a "cure" irritates me some. A good part of my work has me battling with - in my opinion - ignorant medical people who keep perpetuating the myths that disabilities can be cured and therefore place the wrong hopes and expectations in parents. I spend some amount of my time giving lectures to 1st and 2nd year medical students to dispel some of such myths and ideas in the field, but the road is still long. Sometimes, I really want to shake these paediatricians so hard until their teeth and brain rattle. They cause so much damage by the wrong ideas they perpetuate. So, no. You cannot "cure" ASD. 

Si On's ability to work in a regular environment has a lot to do with early intervention actually. The hospital director, Choi, who raised Si On, was likely the person who gave him the type of intervention that helped him settle into mainstream society well. But in reality, Si On's intervention came quite late - so I'm not sure if Si On could indeed have come as far as he did as presented in the show. Assuming he did get very successful intervention though, it is not true that he needs to speak like a "10-year-old". In fact, many persons with ASD I know speak at age appropriate levels with age appropriate vocabulary. But again, this is a spectrum and it varies. I suppose if he had been spoken to like he was 10 for such a long time, he would speak like he is 10.

What I do like about the portrayal though, is that there was a clear attempt to bring up the idea that infantilising disabilities is not a helpful position to take if you want to move towards full inclusion in society. That they recognised an ASD person's desire for a romantic, adult relationship and eventually getting it is important. So I do applaud the writers for that. 

• Like 7

Oh no. If he was the one who sang at the Suntec City, I will really turn into Director Min and plot to go near him at all cost.

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 5

@mrdimples I feel you there, buddy~ I've been re-watching fancams of Saturday event. Park HyeSoo's Remember Me Only song has always been one of my favorites, so to hear it live is like a dream come true to me. I sang it every day ever since it was released, and listened to it for hours in my car.

When the MC asked if we like his singing or acting, I thought for a moment that he would have sang then..

Anyway, I used your screencap~

screenshot_04_zpspjgmnpbc.jpg

This caption shows "The synthetic screen"

Whereas the captions in the remainder pictures are the same "Joo Won imagination"

So I think these are definitely 'imagination' scene of Joowon receiving an award, and his Healing-Camp head is super-imposed on to someone else's body. LOL! He wont be wearing that mic by his face when he's receiving award, will he? I gotta give credit to the editors. They edited well that I believed it for a second.

• Like 6

About Good Doctor (most of the discussion placed in spoiler so it doesn't flood the visual space of those who don't want to read it)

Hidden Content

About the "cure" stuff...that was a huge point of discussion during the show's airing.  And I don't think we ever got a satisfactory answer whether it was just how it was written, and it truly reflects a difference in how autism is perceived in Korea (seems unlikely, but who knows), or if it was just an imperfect translation.

I found that aspect really off-putting too.  I love that character, but the whole drama suffered from over-simplification.  But baby steps, I guess.

• Like 4

Hidden Content

About the "cure" stuff...that was a huge point of discussion during the show's airing.  And I don't think we ever got a satisfactory answer whether it was just how it was written, and it truly reflects a difference in how autism is perceived in Korea (seems unlikely, but who knows), or if it was just an imperfect translation.

I found that aspect really off-putting too.  I love that character, but the whole drama suffered from over-simplification.  But baby steps, I guess.

You're right. Baby steps. At least someone's discussing this through media after Rain Man was done - which was too long ago. But disability discourse in this part of the world is still in its infancy. Feels like an uphill climb sometimes... 

• Like 3

@mrdimples I feel you there, buddy~ I've been re-watching fancams of Saturday event. Park HyeSoo's Remember Me Only song has always been one of my favorites, so to hear it live is like a dream come true to me. I sang it every day ever since it was released, and listened to it for hours in my car.

When the MC asked if we like his singing or acting, I thought for a moment that he would have sang then..

Anyway, I used your screencap~

screenshot_04_zpspjgmnpbc.jpg

This caption shows "The synthetic screen"

Whereas the captions in the remainder pictures are the same "Joo Won imagination"

So I think these are definitely 'imagination' scene of Joowon receiving an award, and his Healing-Camp head is super-imposed on to someone else's body. LOL! He wont be wearing that mic by his face when he's receiving award, will he? I gotta give credit to the editors. They edited well that I believed it for a second.

To answer this and @moonandhearts, I just finished this segment of HC. 

Yes, it's faked. They have edited it so well I wouldn't have suspect if not for the fact I know JW didn't have a SBS show prior to Yong Pal. 

Actually, MC asked Joo Won if he is looking forward to win Daesang. Joo Won said that it would be a lie if he says he doesn't hope to get an award. But winning it would also be burdensome. He went on to elaborate that if he won, he wouldn't know how to face all the sunbaes sitting in the front row. That's why they added in the clips of those seniors smiling. My gut feel is that the MC didn't understand what JW was talking about. MC actually dig him for such a detailed description which MC implied that Joo Won must have thought about winning a lot in order to have such explicit imagination. I don't agree. I am totally with Joo Won on this. Just look at the recent Korea Drama Awards. Didn't people say that the sunbaes should win instead? I am all for meritocracy regardless of age. But the Koreans take this issue more seriously. And while I think Joo Won is better than some sunbaes, I cannot deny that most of these seasoned actors are better than young actors of past awards. 

• Like 4
  • Jillia changed the title to Joo Won 주원
  • Guest unfeatured this topic