• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

The reason why JW was bending down and looking at the man. Cr as tagged. Many asked me why I like JW and why I like him for so long?  THIS. Plus his acting. 

Now I hope Joo Won will come to Malaysia ...I dont know the fans Joo Won in Malaysia...I want to become just like yours screaming Joo Won is handsome..:wub:

The fan Indonesian and Singapore its sporting..You all guys soo lucky to meet Joo Won..

I feel alone in here..I dont know what my heart want to see Joo Won..more dup dup to watch and read from here..

• Like 3

viewimage.php?id=27b2df31eadc&no=29bcc42

viewimage.php?id=27b2df31eadc&no=29bcc42

credit" D on JW DC

@gilaswan, you like this hairstyle huh? 

Hmmm... for some reason, I can't see any of the images on this post. I thought it was my phone at first and waited to come home to my PC to look at them, but I still can't see any of the pics posted. :(

This is the day which I will remember for my whole life. I was finally able to meet Joo Won in real life although it was not as smooth as I wished to be. Nevertheless,who am I to complain? I am just so glad to see him.Almost upclose. Although there are 4 or 5 heads blocking in front of me.

Preparation for the day

I have a lot of ideas about gifts for Joo Won.A lot. But I was not able to do much due to my schedule. So in the end,I decided that I should just give him a jacket .So this is the one that I bought for him. And I added the 2 DIY movable eyes on the right side.Hopefully, he doesn’t mind.

20151009_195407.jpg

Also,this is the drawing that I gave to Joo Won.

IMG-20151009-WA0025.jpeg

(shoot...This was horrible…. I hope JW doesn’t throw away TT)

plus Muruku,snacks.

Before we went for the “fan meeting” We created the whatapps group to communicate one another.  @ Farbarri @ Rionae @Ai Fung @Tasia and @Pris0980

D- Day

I was still in my dreamland when Farbarri arrived at the venue.I think it was around 9:10 AM when the notification from my phone woke me up.I was totally in panic when she told us there are people queuing already. I quickly dressed up,took the presents and some “necessities”and run to MRT without taking my breakfast. Along the way,Farbarri informed us about the increasing numbers of people in queue.Scared that I will not be in first few rows,I took the taxi to the place.

Unluckily(or luckily) I went into the wrong building which turned out to be an office and I almost bumped into this Singapore actor. Ha! I was so embarrassed that I ran away from him. He must be thinking that I am a strange girl.

Cqh4ePeMg6RdJfGh98YLVU6MvY7VfOdRFdwBW-hp

I reached the venue around 10 50 AM and Farbarri and Tasia were already there. It was so nice to see you all,ladies. :)

Both of them are so kind and friendly which I am thankful for.I am a very closed person and very awkward with strangers.So ya. I just zoned out for awhile. While they chatted,I sat and thought about my actions. I kept asking myself,why did I do that?Why am I queuing so early? Why? It is not that  I regret it(NOT at all) this is just so out of character for me.

Nevertheless,the awkwardness quickly erased away and soon we were chatting about Joo Won and other stuffs. :) Pris0980 joined us soon after and followed by Rionae.

This was the most painful 8hours for me. We were sitting on the floor,just doing nothing? At least for me. Since I rushed out from my house,I brought the unchargeable portable charger. So ya. NO using of Handphone until Joo Won appears.Or the battery will die. That happened 6 hours before the event. You know,living without checking the handphone for 6 hours,that’s hell...

Although,I brought the  books to read and study,I just can’t. So I just stoned a bit,chatted a bit.Like that,hours passed by.

We were allowed to enter into the designated area only at 3pm. And…. MORE WAITING @-@

20151010_150606.jpg

Since,Farbarri arrived early,she was in first row so she went back to her place. Tasia was in 4th row on the right.Me and Rionae were in 5th row,middle. Pris0980 won the autograph pass and so she was separated from us. Everything was peaceful and fans were quietly sitting down… well,until MC arrived at 7 15PM.

Everyone squeezed to the front and the young fangirls screamed their lungs out in their dolphin pitch. I have to admit,I was not happy. First I hate crowds,next I am a bit sensitive. Their screams made me get goosebumps.Mind that JW was NOWHERE TO BE SEEN YET. The push from behind separated me and Rionae,I was slightly in front of her,still in 5th row.

While,the MC promoted One channel like no tomorrow,I was starting to regret everything. I kept telling myself,this is my last time and I will never ever do it again. Joo Won shi,why me? Why am I like that? As I continued to ask myself these useless questions, Park Hye Soo came out. I took some pictures of her and video. But Only 5 or 6 seconds.

PHS 1.jpg

PHS 2.jpgPHS 3.jpg

Because I am very short,I have to tiptoe and while tiptoeing to see better view of PHS,someone stepped on me.Disappointed and angry,I didn’t bother to tiptoe anymore.I just listened to her sweet voice when she sang,wishing hard that Joo Won will come asap. Because,I really cannot stand anymore.

When PHS went in I knew JW is coming out very soon,I prepare my phone and slightly leaned forwards for better view. Just his face. Seeing just his face for awhile will do,I thought. Then,there we go,Joo Won came out.  

O .  M  . G

Joo Won. Unbelievable. He is the most handsome man I have ever seen in my life. Tall and lean; the perfect height. The flawless fair skin and the FACE. OMG! THE FACE. He looks the same as we've seen on screen yet he looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo different. I am bad at describing features but Joo Won’s face is really like an angel,slim and smooth.Perfect eyes,mouth,nose… I’ve fallen in love with him at the first sight.I was totally out of my mind. The girl beside me screamed her lungs out again and Joo Won looked at our direction because of her. For a millisecond,we had eyes contact.Plus he was smiling. That’s it. I am done. The MC talked and talked,JW answered the questions and the translator translated. I heard nothing. NOTHING. My eyes were fixed at him. Like a mad woman. How can a guy be so perfect? I don’t know.It is humanly impossible for his to be that attractive.Is he human? XD

Oh..the only thing I heard is when JW said he is sorry for giving the fans so much troubles.Because MC said fans waited him since the morning. Everyone screamed. So Do I. I just let myself go. He was like a magnet attracting me. While some fans tried to leave during the autograph session,I moved forwards,forgetting everything. That’s included our Rionae. I am sorry :(

I moved from 5th row to 3rd row,How I did that? I don’t know. And I was tiptoeing the whole time he was on stage. And smiling like idiot. He said his goodbye speech and the event ended. I ran out to catch glimpse of him leaving,and I did. Barely. Almost cry for ending so early.

There is video about this event so I will not describe the outline of it. Joo Won looks tired but still you know,handsome like no other. He was not as lively as he used to be.More of; demure,shy and maybe a bit playful.It was visible that he lacked energy.

I understand him,he almost had no time to rest.After tiring days in Indonesia,he had to come to Singapore. IN Singapore he went for press conference,interviews,then fan meeting and finally flying back to Korea on the SAME NIGHT. GOSH. That’s really too much. He is not robot!  SIM Entertainment, you guys are second to SM entertainment. And that’s not compliment >:(

A few cute/memorable moments that I remember:

1)When Joo Won came out from backstage,he was curious and mindful. He looked at every,YES EVERY, directions and waved at fans.Then he smiled. Wah… I can’t believe he is THIS HANDSOME. There is video that I recorded. It is the links below.

2)When one of the winner was allowed to take selfie with him,her handphone has only 3%of battery left. When MC and translator informed this to him,he laughed. That’s was sooo cute. Like a child.

3) During the autograph session, as usual,it is his habit to check the brand name? Instruction? of markers. So cute. Then after autograph,he kind of helped the crew by taking care of the markers so that they will not roll around when the staff carry the table down the stage. He then gave those markers to one of the crews later.

4) That cute tongue-out while taking the photos. Plus,group Selfie.

The photos for Joo Won are here!!

JW 1.jpgJW 2.jpgJW 4.jpg

JW 5.jpg

JW 3.jpg

JW 6.jpg

Jw 7.jpg

When you are in Joo Won's event,you MUST not spend your time filming him or taking picture of him. The cameras are useless when it comes to JW. They don't capture his real beauty or expressions. Just enjoy and look at his face. His behaviors.  You will fall for him again and again

Video for yesterday event :)

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 12

I feel very happy for you @Ma OO I have known you on this thread for such a long time. Reading your account makes me regret not going there to queue in the morning. I had my Saturday schedule filled but there's always choice in life and I chose not to do it for Joo Won. Actually, it's not for him, it's for myself. What to do, I can only regret now. Stupid as it sounds, I never knew what a difference it made to see him in person up close. I can stare at all his photos, watch his dramas and write ten thousands of words describing this man but nothing prepared me for seeing him in front of me. Luckily, I had a glimpse of him in the carpark. But what would I give to see him for just minutes more. 

Can I have your permission to post your account on the blog? You can PM me if you wish. 

I just think this is a good avenue to spread love for Joo Won in Singapore while fans are still dreaming about him after yesterday's encounter. Our blog is also read by fans in the region. I sincerely hope he will come back because there are fans waiting for him here. 

• Like 12

I cracked up when I saw this photo xD

joowon_20151011_017.jpg

cr: omy.sg

Everyone kind of looks like some kind of fish being hanged to dry xDDDDDDDDDD

And as what @pris0980 said, it would be funnier if there was a video of him moving, and everyone's hands move along xDDDD Conductor of the fishes? xD :w00t:

Add on: Well, we have seen him conducting fishes (or corals) before anyway

cdt2_zpso7jgrtte.gif

Edited by rionae
  • Like 12

I feel very happy for you @Ma OO I have known you on this thread for such a long time. Reading your account makes me regret not going there to queue in the morning. I had my Saturday schedule filled but there's always choice in life and I chose not to do it for Joo Won. Actually, it's not for him, it's for myself. What to do, I can only regret now. Stupid as it sounds, I never knew what a difference it made to see him in person up close. I can stare at all his photos, watch his dramas and write ten thousands of words describing this man but nothing prepared me for seeing him in front of me. Luckily, I had a glimpse of him in the carpark. But what would I give to see him for just minutes more. 

Can I have your permission to post your account on the blog? You can PM me if you wish. 

I just think this is a good avenue to spread love for Joo Won in Singapore while fans are still dreaming about him after yesterday's encounter. Our blog is also read by fans in the region. I sincerely hope he will come back because there are fans waiting for him here. 

Yes. You can post it on the blog. I am still uploading the video on youtube so please wait awhile. I was regretting the whole time until I see Joo Won up close. That's was so amazing. :) Well,there is always next time and for Joo Won,there has to be. 

• Like 5

@rionae That picture is sure funny! I was telling my friend yesterday how everyone is pointing their cameras/handphones in the same direction and she laughed as well! :D

@mrdimples I too felt the same. But at least you have got a glimpse of him upfront! :D  I wished I went earlier and saw what everyone saw - his off screen beauty! Now I'm really wondering and starting to picture how does he look like in real life. Haha, I'm so gonna start camping early next time to grab the first row if he comes to Singapore again! :)

I saw this news in baidu and wondering if it's true or not : joowon had fly off to Vietnam right after his fanmeeting in Singapore. Can someone confirm this?

@mel1004 I don't see any post in his tieba on baidu on this though.

Yes. You can post it on the blog. I am still uploading the video on youtube so please wait awhile. I was regretting the whole time until I see Joo Won up close. That's was so amazing. :) Well,there is always next time and for Joo Won,there has to be. 

Oh my I love your post so much..why I must have working that time..its just 2 hours from me to Singapore only..:tears:

I love your post because its more like diaries and your post can me make imagination in here..I hope one day I with u all guys to watch Joo Won for next time..I hope my wish come true...

• Like 4

Joo Won: My Date Is My Ideal Marriage Partner

75f4fad3572c11df1c3dc5b1652762d0f603c265

Source; Singapore Shin Min Daily News 新明日报

picture credit: ctfrsgp @mylittlehappyplace

Excerpt from source:

“Restricted Area” question which got answered without hesitation. “Hallyu Top 5 New Kings” Joo Won talked about relationships: His date is his ideal marriage partner!

Very tall, with deep set dimples when he smiles, recently through <Gang Doctor> which garnered top ratings in Korea(it was also the top show on Starhub in Singapore), hugely popular lead actor Joo Won came to Singapore with his drama “sister” Park Hye Soo for a fan meet.

to continue reading, go here >>>https://joowoncutie.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/joo-won-my-date-is-my-ideal-marriage-partner/

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 8

I am just spazzing....okay not known but I was recently crazy about Kim Moo Yeol in My Beautiful Bride. I have always known him as the guy whose role Joo Won took over in Spring Awakening and became known in the musical theater circles. I never forgot how Jo Jung Suk looked adoringly at Joo Won back then in 2009 like one would a baby, LOL. The cast were doing a radio broadcast and Joo Won was of course the cute baby of the group, never mind that he was the lead actor. I didn't know Kang Ha Neul whom I watched in Misaeng was in Spring Awakening too. Well, who knew these four guys still keep in touch! I am also wondering how much can Joo Won drink :D 

This is from Soompi 

Kang Ha Neul Discusses His Bromance With Jo Jung Suk, Joo Won, and Kim Moo Yeol

Kang Ha Neul Discusses His Bromance With Jo Jung Suk, Joo Won, and Kim Moo Yeol

Actor Kang Ha Neul recently sat down for an interview during the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF). Having appeared in movies “C’est Si Bon,” “Empire of Lust,” and “Twenty” this year, the rising star has been making a name for himself. Since “Twenty” received a formal invitation to BIFF, the actor answered questions relating to his film with Kim Woo Bin and 2PM’Junho.

Upon being asked about what he was like when he was twenty, the actor answers, “When I think about when I was 20, the musical “Spring Awakening” comes to mind. That was my everything when I was 20. At the time I practiced for four months and performed for six months. We were the original cast and performed a total of 266 performances.”

After discussing the physical difficulties of performing so often, Kang Ha Neul mentions his castmates and says, “I performed with Jo Jung Suk hyung, Kim Moo Yeol hyung, and Joo Won hyung. After performing we went to Gwangjang Market to drink alcohol and talk. At the time, everyone didn’t have money and had thin wallets. That’s why we only went to Gwangjang Market. We ate fried food from street vendors to eat as appetizers alongside the alcohol. Thinking about it now, going to the market after performing is a dream-like, happy memory.”

The interviewer then comments that despite their hardships at that time, all four actors have become stars. Kang Ha Neul humbly responds, “You have to take me out. I am nothing. Definitely not a star… the hyungs are all real stars and have done well. Moo Yeol hyung was a famous star back then actually. He was well-known [as a musical actor]. Of course everyone has done better and has become more famous now. Our past fans want us to gather and perform together again, but the hyungs are too busy and famous so I think it will be difficult to work out our schedules.”

Then Kang Ha Neul is asked whether the four actors are still close. He replies, “Of course. We are all still close now. We met recently. Moo Yeol hyung had to film so he couldn’t come, but I met Jung Suk hyung and Joo Won hyung for drinks.”

What are your thoughts on their close relationship?

• Like 5

Joo Won: Just what the doctor ordered

Joo Won: Just what the doctor ordered
Joo Won in Singapore yesterday (Oct 10) to promote the drama, The Gang Doctor. Photo: Zhang Weifang

The Gang Doctor star on pulse-taking, his less-than healthy lifestyle and pesky flying insects

SINGAPORE – Like most leading men in Korean dramas, Joo Won is quite perfect-looking, so it’s nice to know that he has irrational fears just like the rest of us, as we found out during his visit to Singapore yesterday (Oct 10) to promote the drama, The Gang Doctor.

In the show, he plays a cocky surgeon who makes illegal house calls to gangsters in order to fund his younger sister’s medical treatments. This leads to him unwittingly getting embroiled in a dark scheme involving a wealthy heiress (played by Kim Tae-hee) who has been kept in an artificially induced coma – and there are a lot of thrills and spills along the way.

In real life, though, Joo Won is “absolutely not” a risk-taker, he said. “I have a lot of fears in life and I’m afraid of a lot of things, so I don’t see myself doing anything crazy or dangerous. I’m not going to bungee jump, for example.”

What’s one thing he’s most afraid of? “The thing I’m afraid of most in the world is bugs, especially the ones that fly,” he shuddered. “There are some winged insects who don’t seem to be able to control their flight path – and they always seem to come straight for me, no matter how much I try to avoid them!”

The Gang Doctor is the second medical role for the 28-year-old, who first made a splash as the baddie in the 2010 hit drama King Of Baking Kim Tak Gu. His performance as an autistic pediatric surgeon in 2013’s Good Doctor won him rave reviews, but, he said, “I had so much difficulty with the jargon that I swore never to do another medical drama after that.” The fact that the two doctor characters were so different changed his mind, he added.

By now, he should surely have picked up some medical skills. Would he be able to save us if we fainted, for example?

“I think I could help, though it might be primitive,” he mused. “I would lay you down in a comfortable place, then check your pulse, your pupils and your breathing. Beyond that, I think the most helpful thing I could do would be to call an ambulance!”

Playing doctors hasn’t made him more of a hypochondriac in any way, though. “Everybody knows that doctors tell you that stress is bad, that you should stick to a healthy diet and that you should get eight hours of sleep a day. It’s just a matter of how closely you follow that advice,” he said. “I don’t. I’m not the healthiest person in the world. There is just too much delicious food in the world that is not healthy.” He added: “I do suffer from colds twice a year, and there’s no cure for that... Thankfully, longevity seems to run in my family.”

We’re pretty sure looks run in his family, too – but Joo Won said he has never considered himself handsome, even if his legions of fans do.

“Never in my life have I thought that I was good looking, but with hair and makeup and a bit of styling, I might look better than I originally did,” he deadpanned. “Of course, there are things that work to my advantage for the kinds of characters that I play. For example, I like my eyes – I have eyes that help me in my acting and put me in a position to express myself better. On the flight over here, I was looking at myself in the restroom mirror and I realised that I look very different from how I looked five years ago, when I first debuted in King Of Baking – not better or worse – but I’m glad that my life experience shows on my face, whether it’s wrinkles or acne marks. I’m very glad to have those as an actor because I know I’m growing, and that’s something I’m grateful for.”

Source: http://m.todayonline.com/entertainment/television/joo-won-just-what-doctor-ordered

Edited by ctfrsgp
  • Like 7

Korean actor Joo Won does not use stuntmen because he wants to keep it real

Korean actor Joo Won was in Singapore on Saturday with co-star Park Hye Su to promote The Gang Doctor, in which he stars as a physician that treats gangsters.ST PHOTO: DIOS VINCOY JR
PUBLISHED
OCT 10, 2015, 9:16 PM SGT

Korean star Joo Won, 28, is a hands-on actor.

To play a doctor in the medical thriller The Gang Doctor, he learnt how to stitch wounds. And because the doctor he plays is a physician to gangsters (he needs the money for his sister's medical bills), he also quite a few action stunts to perform himself - including jumping off a bridge and driving recklessly in a heart-thumping car-chase scene.

In Singapore on Saturday (Oct 10) to promote the show, he tells the local media: "Stuntmen are physically fit, while my doctor character Kim Tae Hyun probably doesn't work out in his daily life. I want to play that ordinary person who doesn't work out. 

"Viewers these days are a lot sharper and pickier. I don't want them to lose the flow, which could happen if I used a substitute. I want to provide the best viewing experience. I wanted to pull it off myself and not get a substitute."

Immediately upon wrapping up filming for the drama in South Korea, the hardworking actor flew to Jakarta and Singapore to promote the show. "I was at home resting a little, cleaning my room. I packed packed my luggage and kept wondering if I had missed anything, what do I need to bring."

He was in town on Saturday, with his on-screen sister, actress Park Hye Soo, to promote the drama, which just ended its run on cable channel One earlier this month. Episode reruns start airing on Nov 7 at 4.30pm.

The two stars were also scheduled to hold a meet-and-greet session with fans at Suntec City on Saturday evening.

Joo Won has become one of the choice leading men in Korean dramas. 

He made an impact right from his TV debut - his first two shows were hits: King Of Baking (2010), in which he played the antihero, and the  long-form drama Ojakgyo Family (2011-2012), in which he was a zealous cop.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/korean-actor-joo-won-does-not-use-stuntmen-because-he-wants-to-keep-it-real

• Like 10
  • Jillia changed the title to Joo Won 주원
  • Guest unfeatured this topic