Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

I feel very happy for you @Ma OO I have known you on this thread for such a long time. Reading your account makes me regret not going there to queue in the morning. I had my Saturday schedule filled but there's always choice in life and I chose not to do it for Joo Won. Actually, it's not for him, it's for myself. What to do, I can only regret now. Stupid as it sounds, I never knew what a difference it made to see him in person up close. I can stare at all his photos, watch his dramas and write ten thousands of words describing this man but nothing prepared me for seeing him in front of me. Luckily, I had a glimpse of him in the carpark. But what would I give to see him for just minutes more. 

Can I have your permission to post your account on the blog? You can PM me if you wish. 

I just think this is a good avenue to spread love for Joo Won in Singapore while fans are still dreaming about him after yesterday's encounter. Our blog is also read by fans in the region. I sincerely hope he will come back because there are fans waiting for him here. 

Yes. You can post it on the blog. I am still uploading the video on youtube so please wait awhile. I was regretting the whole time until I see Joo Won up close. That's was so amazing. :) Well,there is always next time and for Joo Won,there has to be. 

Oh my I love your post so much..why I must have working that time..its just 2 hours from me to Singapore only..:tears:

I love your post because its more like diaries and your post can me make imagination in here..I hope one day I with u all guys to watch Joo Won for next time..I hope my wish come true...

• Like 4

Joo Won: My Date Is My Ideal Marriage Partner

75f4fad3572c11df1c3dc5b1652762d0f603c265

Source; Singapore Shin Min Daily News 新明日报

picture credit: ctfrsgp @mylittlehappyplace

Excerpt from source:

“Restricted Area” question which got answered without hesitation. “Hallyu Top 5 New Kings” Joo Won talked about relationships: His date is his ideal marriage partner!

Very tall, with deep set dimples when he smiles, recently through <Gang Doctor> which garnered top ratings in Korea(it was also the top show on Starhub in Singapore), hugely popular lead actor Joo Won came to Singapore with his drama “sister” Park Hye Soo for a fan meet.

to continue reading, go here >>>https://joowoncutie.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/joo-won-my-date-is-my-ideal-marriage-partner/

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 8

I am just spazzing....okay not known but I was recently crazy about Kim Moo Yeol in My Beautiful Bride. I have always known him as the guy whose role Joo Won took over in Spring Awakening and became known in the musical theater circles. I never forgot how Jo Jung Suk looked adoringly at Joo Won back then in 2009 like one would a baby, LOL. The cast were doing a radio broadcast and Joo Won was of course the cute baby of the group, never mind that he was the lead actor. I didn't know Kang Ha Neul whom I watched in Misaeng was in Spring Awakening too. Well, who knew these four guys still keep in touch! I am also wondering how much can Joo Won drink :D 

This is from Soompi 

Kang Ha Neul Discusses His Bromance With Jo Jung Suk, Joo Won, and Kim Moo Yeol

Kang Ha Neul Discusses His Bromance With Jo Jung Suk, Joo Won, and Kim Moo Yeol

Actor Kang Ha Neul recently sat down for an interview during the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF). Having appeared in movies “C’est Si Bon,” “Empire of Lust,” and “Twenty” this year, the rising star has been making a name for himself. Since “Twenty” received a formal invitation to BIFF, the actor answered questions relating to his film with Kim Woo Bin and 2PM’Junho.

Upon being asked about what he was like when he was twenty, the actor answers, “When I think about when I was 20, the musical “Spring Awakening” comes to mind. That was my everything when I was 20. At the time I practiced for four months and performed for six months. We were the original cast and performed a total of 266 performances.”

After discussing the physical difficulties of performing so often, Kang Ha Neul mentions his castmates and says, “I performed with Jo Jung Suk hyung, Kim Moo Yeol hyung, and Joo Won hyung. After performing we went to Gwangjang Market to drink alcohol and talk. At the time, everyone didn’t have money and had thin wallets. That’s why we only went to Gwangjang Market. We ate fried food from street vendors to eat as appetizers alongside the alcohol. Thinking about it now, going to the market after performing is a dream-like, happy memory.”

The interviewer then comments that despite their hardships at that time, all four actors have become stars. Kang Ha Neul humbly responds, “You have to take me out. I am nothing. Definitely not a star… the hyungs are all real stars and have done well. Moo Yeol hyung was a famous star back then actually. He was well-known [as a musical actor]. Of course everyone has done better and has become more famous now. Our past fans want us to gather and perform together again, but the hyungs are too busy and famous so I think it will be difficult to work out our schedules.”

Then Kang Ha Neul is asked whether the four actors are still close. He replies, “Of course. We are all still close now. We met recently. Moo Yeol hyung had to film so he couldn’t come, but I met Jung Suk hyung and Joo Won hyung for drinks.”

What are your thoughts on their close relationship?

• Like 5

Joo Won: Just what the doctor ordered

Joo Won: Just what the doctor ordered
Joo Won in Singapore yesterday (Oct 10) to promote the drama, The Gang Doctor. Photo: Zhang Weifang

The Gang Doctor star on pulse-taking, his less-than healthy lifestyle and pesky flying insects

SINGAPORE – Like most leading men in Korean dramas, Joo Won is quite perfect-looking, so it’s nice to know that he has irrational fears just like the rest of us, as we found out during his visit to Singapore yesterday (Oct 10) to promote the drama, The Gang Doctor.

In the show, he plays a cocky surgeon who makes illegal house calls to gangsters in order to fund his younger sister’s medical treatments. This leads to him unwittingly getting embroiled in a dark scheme involving a wealthy heiress (played by Kim Tae-hee) who has been kept in an artificially induced coma – and there are a lot of thrills and spills along the way.

In real life, though, Joo Won is “absolutely not” a risk-taker, he said. “I have a lot of fears in life and I’m afraid of a lot of things, so I don’t see myself doing anything crazy or dangerous. I’m not going to bungee jump, for example.”

What’s one thing he’s most afraid of? “The thing I’m afraid of most in the world is bugs, especially the ones that fly,” he shuddered. “There are some winged insects who don’t seem to be able to control their flight path – and they always seem to come straight for me, no matter how much I try to avoid them!”

The Gang Doctor is the second medical role for the 28-year-old, who first made a splash as the baddie in the 2010 hit drama King Of Baking Kim Tak Gu. His performance as an autistic pediatric surgeon in 2013’s Good Doctor won him rave reviews, but, he said, “I had so much difficulty with the jargon that I swore never to do another medical drama after that.” The fact that the two doctor characters were so different changed his mind, he added.

By now, he should surely have picked up some medical skills. Would he be able to save us if we fainted, for example?

“I think I could help, though it might be primitive,” he mused. “I would lay you down in a comfortable place, then check your pulse, your pupils and your breathing. Beyond that, I think the most helpful thing I could do would be to call an ambulance!”

Playing doctors hasn’t made him more of a hypochondriac in any way, though. “Everybody knows that doctors tell you that stress is bad, that you should stick to a healthy diet and that you should get eight hours of sleep a day. It’s just a matter of how closely you follow that advice,” he said. “I don’t. I’m not the healthiest person in the world. There is just too much delicious food in the world that is not healthy.” He added: “I do suffer from colds twice a year, and there’s no cure for that... Thankfully, longevity seems to run in my family.”

We’re pretty sure looks run in his family, too – but Joo Won said he has never considered himself handsome, even if his legions of fans do.

“Never in my life have I thought that I was good looking, but with hair and makeup and a bit of styling, I might look better than I originally did,” he deadpanned. “Of course, there are things that work to my advantage for the kinds of characters that I play. For example, I like my eyes – I have eyes that help me in my acting and put me in a position to express myself better. On the flight over here, I was looking at myself in the restroom mirror and I realised that I look very different from how I looked five years ago, when I first debuted in King Of Baking – not better or worse – but I’m glad that my life experience shows on my face, whether it’s wrinkles or acne marks. I’m very glad to have those as an actor because I know I’m growing, and that’s something I’m grateful for.”

Source: http://m.todayonline.com/entertainment/television/joo-won-just-what-doctor-ordered

Edited by ctfrsgp
  • Like 7

Korean actor Joo Won does not use stuntmen because he wants to keep it real

Korean actor Joo Won was in Singapore on Saturday with co-star Park Hye Su to promote The Gang Doctor, in which he stars as a physician that treats gangsters.ST PHOTO: DIOS VINCOY JR
PUBLISHED
OCT 10, 2015, 9:16 PM SGT

Korean star Joo Won, 28, is a hands-on actor.

To play a doctor in the medical thriller The Gang Doctor, he learnt how to stitch wounds. And because the doctor he plays is a physician to gangsters (he needs the money for his sister's medical bills), he also quite a few action stunts to perform himself - including jumping off a bridge and driving recklessly in a heart-thumping car-chase scene.

In Singapore on Saturday (Oct 10) to promote the show, he tells the local media: "Stuntmen are physically fit, while my doctor character Kim Tae Hyun probably doesn't work out in his daily life. I want to play that ordinary person who doesn't work out. 

"Viewers these days are a lot sharper and pickier. I don't want them to lose the flow, which could happen if I used a substitute. I want to provide the best viewing experience. I wanted to pull it off myself and not get a substitute."

Immediately upon wrapping up filming for the drama in South Korea, the hardworking actor flew to Jakarta and Singapore to promote the show. "I was at home resting a little, cleaning my room. I packed packed my luggage and kept wondering if I had missed anything, what do I need to bring."

He was in town on Saturday, with his on-screen sister, actress Park Hye Soo, to promote the drama, which just ended its run on cable channel One earlier this month. Episode reruns start airing on Nov 7 at 4.30pm.

The two stars were also scheduled to hold a meet-and-greet session with fans at Suntec City on Saturday evening.

Joo Won has become one of the choice leading men in Korean dramas. 

He made an impact right from his TV debut - his first two shows were hits: King Of Baking (2010), in which he played the antihero, and the  long-form drama Ojakgyo Family (2011-2012), in which he was a zealous cop.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/korean-actor-joo-won-does-not-use-stuntmen-because-he-wants-to-keep-it-real

• Like 10

I want to ask when will Joo Won healing camp for one channel?:wub:

probably not so soon...one only just started airing healing camp right? hopefully there'll be subbed videos sooner hehe.

Saw from this article http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/11/joo-won-defends-himself-on-healing-camp-im-not-an-arrogant-person/

"MC Kim Jae Dong asks him if he had standards for formal and informal speech. “I’ve been using informal speech with Uhm Tae Woong for a long time,” Joo Won says. “So maybe he’s the benchmark . . . ?”"

sounds like the two are still pretty close i'm so hoping joo won would visit taewoong on the superman returns!!! would LOVE to see how he interacts with taewoong's cute little girl. :D

• Like 10

Joo Won: The good actor

sp01_copy1.jpg

Tertiani ZB Simanjuntak

The Jakarta Post

Publication Date : 11-10-2015

<deleted>

“I’m not afraid of taking on challenges. Not many actors my age can stand on stage and act like I do. I have the confidence to stay in my acting career for a long time because I have done all the titles other actors avoided,” said the 28-year-old during a group interview  officer in 2012’s Bridal Mask, as among the challenges he had taken that had in turn propelled him.

http://www.asianewsnet.net/news-81588.html

Sometimes I wonder who writes these things. Do they not know how arrogant this sounds to speakers of English? Such reports can give rise to the misunderstanding that an actor lacks humility, which in Joo Won's case would be so far from the truth! And his role in Good Doctor was not that of someone with Asperger's. Get the facts right if you want to be an entertainment writer, please. Tsk. 

Glad someone talked about this because I was spontaneously said 'really?'. But tbh I still hesitate to believe he did because this is totally opposite with what I saw and read before. For eg. when the writer? (not sure) complimented his portrayal as Sam was the best he ever saw but Joowon commented that the writer didn't really mean what he said.

I just wanted to add that the reason why I'm particularly sensitive about such things is because I used to work as a professional interpreter and still volunteer my services as one when needed. Interpreters (and translators) need to understand that technical fluency in a language does not make one a good interpreter or translator. Your interpretations and translations must always take into account cultural differences and nuances as well, particularly in this instance where I don't even know how many times over Joo Won's original words were interpreted before a text translation took place. Did he have a Bahasa Indonesian interpreter or English interpreter? If he had the same interpreter that was with him in Singapore, I assume then that it was a Korean-English interpreter, and her style of interpreting (as is common in such settings) is one where the source completes an entire chunk of discourse before the interpreter speaks. In such a manner of communicating, sometimes important information is actually lost. I don't understand Korean, but even then there were times I found that his interpreter (in Singapore) did not use terms that were culturally appropriate in the English speaking context. This entire lot of information then goes to the blogger/reporter who has to decide how to present the data given all other contexts - did the reporter/blogger observe his body language as he spoke? Tone of voice? Interpreter's reactions? All these are so important to the entire interpreting and translating process. If English is not this reporter's first language, was s/he taking from a Korean > Indonesian > English source? I really don't like it when interpretations and translations are not culturally sensitive, and by culture, I mean both target and source sociolinguistic environments. 

Apologies for the rant, but really, to misrepresent Joo Won like this is very irritating. Humph.

• Like 10

Dang internet and soompi still acting up on me!!! I wasn't able to join you guys in spazzing! But THANK YOUUUUUU to everyone for sharing your experience with Cutie! As I said, I'm living vicariously through you guys. Aaaahhhh! Awesome presscon vids @gilaswan! @mrdimples that was one touching entry and I'm glad you're back (y'know the love for Cutie will never leave you right?)! @Ma oo @rionae @crtfrsgp @farbarri thank you in advance for your posts and pictures and videos! So many things to look forward to (food truck project fan account, Indonesia and Singapore fanmeets fan accounts)! Yay! To the new fans of Cutie thanks for sharing all your experiences and hoping to chat and spazz with you here! 

And yes, truly Cutie looks the same as in tv (maybe even way better) but so much more charisma in person! I love how he waves to fans and scans the crowd and makes you feel that he's looking right at you. Ahhhh the feels of when I first met him are coming back to me like a HUGE wave! aaaahhhhhhhhh!!! I wanna go back to Korea and meet Cutie once more!!! ♥ 

Edited by moonandhearts
  • Like 9

Many of you was dreaming to see him, and share a moment with him.

Congratulations girls ! I'm glad to see that your patience was awarded, and in a beautiful way if I read your posts !

I hope it gives hopes for those who have still to wait for this encounter :) !

• Like 4

5dc026738bd4b31c7cc9522a81d6277f9f2ff85c

@gilaswan I get why are you so irritated and I agree with what you said. Though I have never been an interpreter, I have been translating interviews, articles and videos on Joo Won. I am definitely lacking in terms of technical fluency as well as cultural understanding. What I lack, I hope I made it up by making effort to ensure I get the context and other nuances correct. 

With reference to that offensive passage, I think Joo Won has touched on the same issues in his earlier interviews. I can't find the source to quote but these are what I remember. 

1) Joo Won's first love is the stage. Prior to his debut in 2010 in Baker King, Joo Won was a musical theater actor. He started in his teens right through his early twenties. In 2009, he had a major breakthrough playing the lead role of Melchior in Spring Awakening. Although Joo Won rose to fame through his debut drama and went on to score in Ojakgyo Brothers and Gaksital, he never forgot the stage. He said he was always in awe and admiration for stage actors. Unlike in drama filming where you can do re-takes, you can't do it on stage. But there's a magic of being right there, connecting with the audience. It's something which he can never forget and would want to return to one day. In one interview after OB, Joo Won mentioned Jung Woong In, he said he admires JWI a lot. For his dedication to his art. JWI is also a musical theatre actor. Joo Won said it is not easy for JWI because it's a known fact that theatre doesn't pay well and JWI has children and family to take care of. It was only after Good Doctor in 2013, that Joo Won managed to return to his first love in the musical GHOST. 

So, I think Joo Won was saying that It's not easy to stand on stage and act. He couldn't have been propping himself up because he always said that he is lacking when it comes to musical theater although he loves it so much. And it's true that he's not afraid of taking challenges. This was the boy who worked harder than anyone else in school. He said there were far better looking and more talented kids in Performing Arts school. He could only work harder. Before he had a chance, he worked behind the scenes. He was the handyman, he did props, lighting, almost everything. He joked that he went around school with a hammer and toolbox. That's why I think Joo Won is amazing. If you have been following him and see his BTS, you will often catch him looking at the cameraman's lens, fiddling with other things because he has done these before. 

Joo Won was only the understudy for Melchior. Kim Moo Yeol was the famous one who played the role. Joo Won said he watched over 100 of KMY's performances so much that his hyung asked him why. Then, Kim Moo Yeol got into an accident and the production hastily turned to Joo Won. They were amazed with this young man because he played the part perfectly. I guess after watching that many rehearsals and performances, everything was inside him already. The rest is history. I have come across a review which said Joo Won was better than KMY. Although it was not a critic review or anything, Joo Won became known after his turn as Melchior. The point is that Joo Won is not afraid of challenges because he is prepared to work very hard to perfect his art. He loves what he does and therefore he sees his sacrifices as meaningful and worthy. Everyone can see how he puts his body, mind and soul to each project. 

2) Maybe new fans do not know. Joo Won sees himself acting for a long time. In last year's KBS awards where he won for Good Doctor, he said he will be here for another 60 years. This is a man who wants to be an actor, more than anything. Not your Hallyu star, CF star, Facebook, Twitter celeb or whatever. By the way, Joo Won said in an interview in his early days, he won't live for his fans. I know it won't go well with people but actually, I respect him for it. Don't get me wrong, He is appreciative of his fans but I think he is not focused on fan service. He thinks that the best way to repay the love fans have for him is to present them with better works. 

3) Regarding him taking the role of Lee Kangto in Gaksital, it is true that many actors rejected the part. They did not want to risk their Hallyu status because of Japanese sensitivities. So, Joo Won was not the first choice, it was rumored that Jang Hyuk was offered the role and other famous Hallyu actors. Joo Won said he didn't think about anything except whether it's a good story and good role. He read it and felt that it was a character whom the audience can empathize with.

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 12

Joo Won Defends Himself on “Healing Camp”: “I’m Not an Arrogant Person”

Joo Won Defends Himself on “Healing Camp”: “I’m Not an Arrogant Person”

Joo Won, who recently starred in “Yong Pal,” is guesting on the SBS talk show “Healing Camp” to explain the misunderstanding that he spoke informally to his seniors. Often referred to as the king of ratings, his informal speech is the No. 2 search word related to the actor.

joo won

On the show, Joo Won’s seniors from “Yong Pal” send in surprise video messages. “Joo Won has a lot of aegyo,” actress Kim Tae Hee says. “I want a son like that.” Jung Woong In agrees, saying that he wants a younger brother like Joo Won, but then surprises the actor by asking how much his appearance fees are.

Joo Won’s chemistry with Yoo Hae Jin and his habit of speaking informally is a primary focus on the show. “Yoo Hae Jin had asked me why I don’t speak informally to him but I thought that while I might be more comfortable, the people around him would take it badly,” the actor explains. “I am not an impertinent person.”

MC Kim Jae Dong asks him if he had standards for formal and informal speech. “I’ve been using informal speech with Uhm Tae Woong for a long time,” Joo Won says. “So maybe he’s the benchmark . . . ?”

Source (1)

• Like 6

probably not so soon...one only just started airing healing camp right? hopefully there'll be subbed videos sooner hehe.

Saw from this article http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/11/joo-won-defends-himself-on-healing-camp-im-not-an-arrogant-person/

"MC Kim Jae Dong asks him if he had standards for formal and informal speech. “I’ve been using informal speech with Uhm Tae Woong for a long time,” Joo Won says. “So maybe he’s the benchmark . . . ?”"

sounds like the two are still pretty close i'm so hoping joo won would visit taewoong on the superman returns!!! would LOVE to see how he interacts with taewoong's cute little girl. :D

Sorry, i haven't seen your link about this article.

I'm often amused and in the same time puzzled with this informal/formal langage's issue.

As a westerner, I haven't many form to speak to another person. My respect lies first in the "vouvoiement", the french polite form "vous", then in the tone and the sentence 's construct : choice of vocabulary and respect of grammar. But this form is also a way to distance myself, I put a sort of wall to not be too close.

So what surprises me is the need to formal speech to a relative and close friends. So when I read that JW spoke in banmal when he feels comfortable I think it's soooo normal ! This year again a colleague far older than me asked me why I keep on speaking with her with the Madam and not her first name, with the "vous" (formal) and not the "tu" (informal). she was a little annoyed that I didn't speak with her with the same comfort that the others.

When I read that JW spoke banmal with his costars in spite of age or statu, it makes him more real and honnest and human than others, in my french point of view. And i'm really sorry that for other culture and country it sounds rude from him.

• Like 7

Sorry, i haven't seen your link about this article.

I'm often amused and in the same time puzzled with this informal/formal langage's issue.

As a westerner, I haven't many form to speak to another person. My respect lies first in the "vouvoiement", the french polite form "vous", then in the tone and the sentence 's construct : choice of vocabulary and respect of grammar. But this form is also a way to distance myself, I put a sort of wall to not be too close.

So what surprises me is the need to formal speech to a relative and close friends. So when I read that JW spoke in banmal when he feels comfortable I think it's soooo normal ! This year again a colleague far older than me asked me why I keep on speaking with her with the Madam and not her first name, with the "vous" (formal) and not the "tu" (informal). she was a little annoyed that I didn't speak with her with the same comfort that the others.

When I read that JW spoke banmal with his costars in spite of age or statu, it makes him more real and honnest and human than others, in my french point of view. And i'm really sorry that for other culture and country it sounds rude from him.

Yeah it's sort of curious isn't it! :P I suppose different cultures just have different ideologies when it comes to respect and how it is shown. Regardless, these are the things that makes traveling and exposure to different cultures fun and interesting (: I hail from the sunny island of Singapore so cultural differences be it racial or religious is nothing new, we all just live happily together in this melting pot :lol:

• Like 4

Oh I thought i will be tonight..then I see tv guide...dont have tonight..I hope it will faster..I like healing camp just like I watch Gary in that show..